Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan - Low Tax State...

5 posters

Go down

Michigan - Low Tax State... Empty Michigan - Low Tax State...

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 12 Mar 2019 - 8:47

https://www.freep.com/story/money/business/john-gallagher/2019/03/12/gretchen-whitmer-pitches-tax-revenue-plan-detroit/3105135002/

This why the .45/gallon tax is needed. (and why the schools suck comparatively)

freep wrote:
If Michigan taxed at the national average, he said, it would be bringing in about $3.5 billion more in state and local tax revenue than it raises now. That money would go a long way toward fixing our roads and schools. And, Ballard says,if Michigan taxed at the rate at which we taxed ourselves in the 1970s, state and local tax revenue in Michigan would be larger than it is now by more than $15 billion per year.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Michigan - Low Tax State... Empty Re: Michigan - Low Tax State...

Post by Heat Miser Tue 12 Mar 2019 - 9:46

That'll trigger tWingnuts
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 12 Mar 2019 - 10:08

It is true when I asked a friend back in Mi what they pay in property tax vs us out here in NY I was absolutely stunned. Made me think I should move the fuck back. You can save thousands by living in that state.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 12 Mar 2019 - 10:08

Also, I bet your gas is probably cheaper. I think ours is 2.60 a gallon right now.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 12 Mar 2019 - 10:09

steveschneider wrote:Also, I bet your gas is probably cheaper. I think ours is 2.60 a gallon right now.

$2.69
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 12 Mar 2019 - 10:16

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Also, I bet your gas is probably cheaper. I think ours is 2.60 a gallon right now.

$2.69

Yeah, just looked it up on line. Both are about the same. I felt like last November when I got back to Michigan gas was noticeably cheaper at the time.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 12 Mar 2019 - 10:32

kingstonlake wrote:

$2.69

Magically went to $2.69 across the state (except for Costco and Sam's Club) from Sunday to Monday.

In the 8 years Snyder was governor MI shifted taxes from businesses to individuals, changed the revenue sharing formula to reduce dollars going back to counties and decreased K-12 ed spending.  They didn't budge on increased road spending until recently.

MI went cheap on roads for 50 years.  Engler floated a toll road idea in a Memorial Day Friday press release in 2000 or 2001.  Traditionally there are a local parades that weekend where  state reps and state senators march, press the flesh and meet with their local supporters.  The pols got an earful about toll roads and by the following Wednesday Engler released a statement saying toll roads were never a serious consideration.

Its all how about what quality of roads, education and services you want and are willing to pay for.

Texas is a "low tax" state. But that state fee's the living hell out its residents including one of the highest per number cell phone fees on the country.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 12 Mar 2019 - 10:37

GRR Spartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

$2.69

Magically went to $2.69 across the state (except for Costco and Sam's Club) from Sunday to Monday.

In the 8 years Snyder was governor MI shifted taxes from businesses to individuals, changed the revenue sharing formula to reduce dollars going back to counties and decreased K-12 ed spending. They didn't budge on increased road spending until recently.

MI went cheap on roads for 50 year. Engler floated a toll road idea in a Memorial Day Friday press release in 2000 or 2001. Traditionally there are a local parades that weekend where state reps and state senators march, press the flesh and meet with their local supporters. The pols got an earful about toll roads and by the following Wednesday Engler released a statement saying toll roads were never a serious consideration.

Huh, that's interesting. What was it prior to the change? I seriously thought it was like .40-.50 cheaper than what I was paying out here last November. We gassed up in Buffalo to avoid paying at the Canadian pumps and gassed up in Michigan and I was like wow, gas is cheap here.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down