Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When will Joe Manchin flip parties?

+4
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
8 posters

Go down

When will Joe Manchin flip parties? Empty When will Joe Manchin flip parties?

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-13, 14:31

He's not up for reelection until 2024, but if the party starts actually moving toward stuff like medicare for all, which, let's be honest, will require them to be bold in the face of a lot of Republican crying, will he go ahead and just admit that he's a republican? He votes with Trump, and with the Republicans, like, always. He's the new Joe Lieberman, except not as smart.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

When will Joe Manchin flip parties? Empty Re: When will Joe Manchin flip parties?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-13, 15:03

soon, I hope. He has no business calling himself a "Democrat" if he's going to do nothing but side with the party of racism, bigotry, christianity and sexual assault the entire time he's in DC.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

When will Joe Manchin flip parties? Empty Re: When will Joe Manchin flip parties?

Post by Turtleneck 2019-03-13, 23:55

Rocinante wrote: He votes with Trump, and with the Republicans, like, always.

Votes with Trump 59% of the time, which is less than expected using 538's metric.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-trump-score/joe-manchin-iii/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-11-09, 16:02

Flip complete.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-manchin-west-virginia-election-35e5285934c5801db37215802ca2cd94

Manchin: “what I will be doing is traveling the country and speaking out to see if there is an interest in creating a movement to mobilize the middle and bring Americans together.”
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-11-09, 16:08

Dear Sotomayor,

Today is a fine day to retire.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Cameron, InTenSity, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-11-10, 07:42

Looking at the Senate map, unless the Independents break heavily blue the Democratics are going to lose the Senate next year, putting an end to Biden appointing Judges, etc. & again blocking all useful legislation.

OTOH

[tw]1722225261020852277[/tw]

And more...

[tw]1722255844149272637[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-11-10, 09:12

I really think (hope) these polls are bullshit and being pushed to motivate blue more than anything else. Since 1/6 and Dobbs most major elections have broke the Ds way... my hope is the generally apathetic generally more liberal public are just actually motivated to at least vote. If they can get abortion on the red states ballots, it will be interesting to see how that pans out. As for now, I'm not too worried and fuck mansion.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-11-10, 09:23

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I really think (hope) these polls are bullshit and being pushed to motivate blue more than anything else. Since 1/6 and Dobbs most major elections have broke the Ds way... my hope is the generally apathetic generally more liberal public are just actually motivated to at least vote. If they can get abortion on the red states ballots, it will be interesting to see how that pans out. As for now, I'm not too worried and fuck mansion.
yeah, it's always a good idea to ignore the pointy-headed pseudo-intellectuals who construct, develop and dissect the polls so it gives them something to peddle to the mainstream media.

if voters turn out, freedom and democracy wins. It's generally that simple and, simultaneously, that complex. Democrats need to give decent folks a reason to get to the polls, which is often the challenge. Complacency is good for the republican/libertarian demographic and their accomplices in the mainstream media.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-11-10, 09:49

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I really think (hope) these polls are bullshit and being pushed to motivate blue more than anything else. Since 1/6 and Dobbs most major elections have broke the Ds way... my hope is the generally apathetic generally more liberal public are just actually motivated to at least vote. If they can get abortion on the red states ballots, it will be interesting to see how that pans out. As for now, I'm not too worried and fuck mansion.
The AG in Florida is fighting to keep marijuana and abortion off the ticket, because it brings out more democrats. Repubs know how to play dirty politics. It will be interesting to see what happens here next year. If the poorer white voters are teh ones who tend to continue to vote for R's, but they are priced out of their houses and forced to move, will that change anything? Florida has been under R control for 20+ years and yet somehow they are able to convince a majorty in FL that it is the D's fault what is happening.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down