Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is messed up. Regarding Parkland Student survivors.

+11
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
tTito
DWags
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This is messed up.  Regarding Parkland Student survivors.  Empty This is messed up. Regarding Parkland Student survivors.

Post by DWags 2019-03-24, 16:40

Two have committed suicide within a couple of days now.

Tragedy continues.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

This is messed up.  Regarding Parkland Student survivors.  Empty Re: This is messed up. Regarding Parkland Student survivors.

Post by tTito 2019-03-24, 18:36

DWags wrote:Two have committed suicide within a couple of days now.

Tragedy continues.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2018/p0607-suicide-prevention.html

45,000 U.S. citizens committed suicide last year. Shall we have a competition to determine which ones were the most tragic?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

This is messed up.  Regarding Parkland Student survivors.  Empty Re: This is messed up. Regarding Parkland Student survivors.

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-24, 19:08

tTito wrote:

Tragedy continues.

45,000 U.S. citizens committed suicide last year. Shall we have a competition to determine which ones were the most tragic?

I wasn't aware it was a competition. Why would you think it was?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-03-24, 19:11

I bet suicides would be lower if no one had any guns.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2019-03-24, 19:18

kingstonlake wrote:
tTito wrote:

So you don't understand sarcasm? IDK I didn't start the thread. Why is this suicide more tragic than the other 39,999 thereby deserving discussion?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2019-03-24, 19:19

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I bet suicides would be lower if no one had any guns.

This is true, just look to North Korea.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-24, 19:20

tTito wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

So you don't understand sarcasm? IDK I didn't start the thread. Why is this suicide more tragic than the other 39,999 thereby deserving discussion?

Who said it was more tragic? Clearly says tragedy continues.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2019-03-24, 19:24

kingstonlake wrote:
tTito wrote:

If it's not then why does it deserve it's own thread here?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-24, 19:35

Tragedy continues.
incredibly tragic for those of us who genuinely value human life.

RIP to these kids. They deserve so much more from us.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-24, 19:38

tTito wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I wasn't aware that threads were required to be "deserving" no matter the subject. Why does this thread bother you?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-24, 19:55

kingstonlake wrote:
tTito wrote:

I wasn't aware that threads were required to be "deserving" no matter the subject. Why does this thread bother you?
the mere fact that someone wants to argue with someone else about the tragic nature of suicide tells us where we are as a society.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-03-24, 19:58

tTito wrote:

It the rest of the known world starving too? You sound too dumb to own guns.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-24, 20:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

the mere fact that someone wants to argue with someone else about the tragic nature of suicide tells us where we are as a society.

Well Bob, I'm told we need to do a side by side comparison to determine if they warrant discussion. Kinda like buying a car. Maybe we can develop an app that can load up to 7 suicides. Ya know, to make the best choice.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-03-24, 20:00

tTito wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Sarcasm? maybe this is a little different because the other 39.999 didn't watch their classmates get brutally murdered.

Dick.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-24, 20:01

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tTito wrote:

It the rest of the known world starving too? You sound too dumb to own guns.

Actually I've encountered quite the opposite.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-24, 20:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Tragedy continues.
incredibly tragic for those of us who genuinely value human life.

I’m assuming it’s some sort of survivors guilt. I hope all the parents are reaching out to their kids who were there that day. I know a Spartan who’s so was hiding in a closet or room there that day. I haven’t asked her yet, but she’s the type I believe is pretty tuned into that kind of thing. You feel sick for these kids.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-24, 20:31

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: incredibly tragic for those of us who genuinely value human life.

I’m assuming it’s some sort of survivors guilt. I hope all the parents are reaching out to their kids who were there that day. I know a Spartan who’s so was hiding in a closet or room there that day. I haven’t asked her yet, but she’s the type I believe is pretty tuned into that kind of thing. You feel sick for these kids.
one of the most heart-wrenching things imaginable.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-03-24, 20:31

tTito wrote:

Tragedy continues.

Yup. Have you gone through a senseless massacre, or you just play tough boy on a message board?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-03-24, 20:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

He's a piece of shit pro life Republican. Like my dad.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-03-24, 20:50

Just think about this for a second Tito. Try to remove your biases and clear your head and think about this.

Someone remarked that it was sad that a child/teen who survived a mass shooting committed suicide. And you immediately went to "Why should we care any more about this than x other suicides?"

Do you think there's something inherently wrong with that? I do.

Moving thread now.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-24, 20:55

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: incredibly tragic for those of us who genuinely value human life.

Probably, or something ptsd-related, like a deep and worsening depression. Everyone reacts differently, and where some will recover and quickly learn to take every day as a gift, there are others who will crawl into a hole and if they don’t see themselves ever getting better, decide to give up entirely and join their friends who died that day because they think death is better than the life they’re now leading. Or maybe they’ve just become paralyzed with fear and sick of being scared. I don’t know. I do know this is as you said it was, a continuation of a tragedy that started 13 months ago. I also know you never said these suicides were any more tragic than any others, but Tito has long liked pretending to be a message board tough guy. My guess is, if he’d been at the school that day, when the shooting started, he would have been the first to piss his pants. That’s pretty much how all these Internet tough guy fucks are IRL.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-03-24, 20:59

Read up on it guys. Or the other girl's death, at least. It's both PTSD and survivor's guilt. It was diagnosed and documented. If you can post about it in a thread on a message board you can Google and read a 800 word article.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-24, 21:14

Was this political? Jesus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-24, 21:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Read up on it guys. Or the other girl's death, at least. It's both PTSD and survivor's guilt. It was diagnosed and documented. If you can post about it in a thread on a message board you can Google and read a 800 word article.

WTF? You don’t need to be a dick about it. Save your lectures for your own family.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-03-24, 21:19

DWags wrote:Was this political? Jesus.

Not until Tito responded.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-24, 21:19

Apparently, instead of removing one political comment, it was WBH’s decision to bail entirely. Rolling Eyes
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-03-24, 21:20

Everything is when their thoughts are controlled by outside factors. These outside factors influence people to think in that prism. Truly unfortunate.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-24, 21:24

Well I’m sorry for the kids and their families. I hope the other’s cans find peace.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-03-24, 21:27

tGreenWay wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Read up on it guys. Or the other girl's death, at least. It's both PTSD and survivor's guilt. It was diagnosed and documented. If you can post about it in a thread on a message board you can Google and read a 800 word article.

WTF? You don’t need to be a dick about it. Save your lectures for your own family.

Yes. It bothers me. A teen killed themselves. We are all like oh man that's terrible here's my two cents on it but half probably can't even be bothered to read the article, let alone read about the suicide that took place earlier this week. It's right there in the link Wags provided that she suffered from PTSD. I'm sorry to call you out on it but the internet just has us so desensitized to this shit it bothers me. We all just react and post RIP this is so sad, something needs to be done and then we go back to making wise cracks about another poster's mom.

Venting.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-24, 21:29

Thread wasn’t political. All I’m saying.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-24, 21:31

I do, however understand WBH frustration.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-03-24, 21:31

DWags wrote:Thread wasn’t political. All I’m saying.

I know it wasn't Wags. But mouth breather Tito weighed in and then it had no chance. And if we left it up there he was gonna continue to mouth breathe and everyone was going to call him on mouth breathing. I don't care, move it back.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-03-24, 21:36

Sorry GW. I'm not holding fundraisers. Shit just bugs me sometimes. Pretty frustrated with society right now.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-24, 21:39

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:Thread wasn’t political. All I’m saying.

I know it wasn't Wags. But mouth breather Tito weighed in and then it had no chance. And if we left it up there he was gonna continue to mouth breathe and everyone was going to call him on mouth breathing. I don't care, move it back.

Nah, I get it. I don’t get why some people choose to respond like they do. It goes beyond being a troll imo. Maybe I’m wrong.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-03-24, 21:48

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Nah, I get it. I don’t get why some people choose to respond like they do. It goes beyond being a troll imo. Maybe I’m wrong.

You're not wrong.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-24, 21:48

Tito, you come off like a real asshole in this thread. Just FYI
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-03-24, 21:56

Rocinante wrote:Tito, you come off like a real asshole in this thread. Just FYI
He won't read any of this. He's a bitch who won't go to 'political' boards.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2019-03-24, 22:05

This is why we live in a free society. Freedom, democracy and capitalism made this country great. Pussies like you will make it fall.

Politicians crave power. If you don't see that you are a fool.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-03-24, 22:21

tTito wrote:

This is why we live in a free society. Freedom, democracy and capitalism made this country great. Pussies like you will make it fall.

You are the worst part of America. It is what it is but you and those like you are a disease.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-24, 22:45

tTito wrote:

Ok, good. We're getting somewhere. Do you think both sides of the aisle use the gun issue to seize power, or just one side?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next