Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fellas (and Dendro) - I'm Out For a Bit..

+18
kingstonlake
Dendrobates
Clarett's Folly
MSU addict
Turtleneck
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
steveschneider
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cameron
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
Senior Dickfist
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fellas (and Dendro) - I'm Out For a Bit..  - Page 2 Empty Re: Fellas (and Dendro) - I'm Out For a Bit..

Post by Motown Spartan 2019-04-06, 08:23

Glad you’re back Bobby Sak!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fellas (and Dendro) - I'm Out For a Bit..  - Page 2 Empty Re: Fellas (and Dendro) - I'm Out For a Bit..

Post by duffy munn 2019-04-06, 08:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

What's sucked was that I haven't really been able to keep up with the post-Duke, pre-Final Four reports/storylines. I've been very busy and it's been exhausting.

Welcome back Bob.

I can save you some time on the storylines.

Zion could be an all-pro in the NFL right now if he wanted. Just needs to pick a position.

Izzo overcame Nasser and his own rape cover-ups to reach the final four.

MSU stands no chance against Texas Tech because they destroyed Michigan.

Sidenote: I'm typing this from my 88 year old Dad's condo in metro Detroit, ( He's in florida). My Mom passed 3 years ago. As I looked around I thinking about what a huge and sad task it will be to clean this place out of so much stuff and memories.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-04-06, 09:09

Welcome back. Like Duffy said, after the game we learned all about Zion, including where he'd be drafted in the NFL. There are a few stories abbot the teams that made the final four, but for the most part everything is still about duke.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-04-06, 09:10

Welcome back Bob. We gonna get this shit!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-04-06, 09:17

Poor intensity and Duffy. The world is still out to get them
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-04-06, 09:25

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Poor intensity and Duffy. The world is still out to get them

Fellas (and Dendro) - I'm Out For a Bit..  - Page 2 2599972566

Fellas (and Dendro) - I'm Out For a Bit..  - Page 2 Captur31
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-04-06, 09:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Poor intensity and Duffy. The world is still out to get them

Write this down. Zion won't do shit in the NFL.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-04-06, 09:44

kingstonlake wrote:

Why do you give a fuck about espn i do not understand
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-04-06, 09:56

[tw]1112494086580244480[/tw]

This is the only highlight you need to watch Bob.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-04-06, 10:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Maybe people are sick of their bullshit and their constant painting of our school in a negative light. Even if WE don't watch and don't give a fuck, millions do.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-04-06, 10:03

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

For the same reason you give a fuck about what Duff or Intensity think about the Zion craze? Spoiler...I don't have to care about ESPN to take a peak and see if they were right....

Last edited by kingstonlake on 2019-04-06, 10:06; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-04-06, 10:06

Quit this infighting. Today we all need a singular focus. Beating the shit out of Texas Tech. Game faces people!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-04-06, 10:07

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Quit this infighting. Today we all need a singular focus. Beating the shit out of Texas Tech. Game faces people!

I will fight anyone today!!!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-04-06, 10:08

kingstonlake wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Quit this infighting. Today we all need a singular focus. Beating the shit out of Texas Tech. Game faces people!

Save that energy for 11 more hours Kingston.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-04-06, 10:09

The sky is blue
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-04-06, 10:20

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Save that energy for 11 more hours Kingston.

I've been conserving all week. I'm ready now!! lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-06, 10:23

I miss bob and his repetitive posts. Hope that resting heart rate is still low!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-04-06, 10:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The sky is blue

Fellas (and Dendro) - I'm Out For a Bit..  - Page 2 Giphy
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2019-04-06, 10:31

I’m so gay for you guys today!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-04-06, 16:25

Welcome back, Bee Bumble Bob Sak!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-04-06, 16:40

Oh, I don't care that much, just after the game I looked everywhere for post game interviews. I only stream so it was limited. I checked fox sports, but why would they care, they hardly do anything with basketball. I checked cbs sports, all about Duke. I watched sportscenter for the first time in a couple of years. Not even a top ten play from the game. The best coverage was the Detroit rags and Mlive, but those are local not national. I know you're too cool for school and nothing bothers you, except people in message boards complaining about how their team was slighted.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-04-06, 16:52

InTenSity wrote:
Oh, I don't care that much, just after the game I looked everywhere for post game interviews. I only stream so it was limited. I checked fox sports, but why would they care, they hardly do anything with basketball. I checked cbs sports, all about Duke. I watched sportscenter for the first time in a couple of years. Not even a top ten play from the game. The best coverage was the Detroit rags and Mlive, but those are local not national. I know you're too cool for school and nothing bothers you, except people in message boards complaining about how their team was slighted.

Let me just say, you’re trying to explain it to a poster who is a pretty negative guy. He won’t change. Just roll. What I love about this board is we all just kind of post our thing. You’re good.

We’re gonna win so much today.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-08, 10:19

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

What's sucked was that I haven't really been able to keep up with the post-Duke, pre-Final Four reports/storylines. I've been very busy and it's been exhausting.

Welcome back Bob.

Zion could be an all-pro in the NFL right now if he wanted. Just needs to pick a position.

Sidenote: I'm typing this from my 88 year old Dad's condo in metro Detroit, ( He's in florida). My Mom passed 3 years ago. As I looked around I thinking about what a huge and sad task it will be to clean this place out of so much stuff and memories.
yeah - it's not a lot of fun. I did a fairly good job of separating myself from "stuff" versus "memories".. thankfully, I don't get overly attached to stuff. I mean, of course, I held on to a lot of pictures, etc - but I'm more attached to places and the memories associated with them. The backyard of Mom and Dad's house where the entire neighborhood would show up for an epic whiffle ball tournament. The bars around town, the coffee shops - both of which the folks that work there still know my name (and I haven't lived there in over 30 years).. every crack of the sidewalk around town I feel like tells a story, whether it's from when I used to terrorize the neighborhood in the 70's on my bike or walking around the same town with my daughter and showing her the cracks and telling her the crazy stories of childhood friends, bikes, skateboards.. fishing, camping, sports, sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night, hiding/running from the small town cops, underage drinking, cars, girlfriends, breakups, etc.

last week when I left for the last time was really hard. My wife waited in the car - it was really early in the morning (probably around 4:30).. I made sure the heat was down, all the windows/doors were locked... I stood there for about 15 seconds in the doorway and I could see my brother (who died in 1990) there, my Mom (who died in 2012) in the kitchen.. and my Dad who, as I mentioned, died in November of last year. I could just see each of them as I tried to smile but my heart just ached and my stomach felt hollow. I literally - out loud - told each of them "bye" and closed the door behind me.

so yeah, there have been so many clerical-type things I've had to do: probate, estate stuff.. I've called Medicare and Blue Cross/Blue Shield of North Carolina a zillion times in the last 4 months or so.. all of Dad's remaining bills, life insurance.. not to mention everything that goes into the selling the car, truck, house. It's been stressful but it's pretty much all behind me now. I thought I'd feel better about it that than I actually do. Just real bittersweet, I guess.

anyway - thanks again to everyone for your kind words. If I could give some unsolicited advice to y'all - and if your parents (parent?) are still alive, get on their banking accounts as a joint owner of the account, have them create a power of attorney and have them work on a will. As scattered and difficult as everything is when they pass away, if my parents hadn't had these things in place, it would've been exponentially more complicated.

oh - and stop fighting with each other my thread.. wtf is wrong with you?? Fellas (and Dendro) - I'm Out For a Bit..  - Page 2 1896033241   Fellas (and Dendro) - I'm Out For a Bit..  - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-04-08, 10:25

That sounds awful Bob. Closure kind of sucks. Hang in there.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-08, 10:27

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:That sounds awful Bob. Closure kind of sucks. Hang in there.
thanks, man.

yeah, I kinda thought closure would make me feel better but it didn't.. Fellas (and Dendro) - I'm Out For a Bit..  - Page 2 502811600 - I suspect it will pretty soon.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-04-08, 10:44

Welcome back, Bob.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-04-08, 10:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Welcome back Bob.

yeah - it's not a lot of fun. I did a fairly good job of separating myself from "stuff" versus "memories".. thankfully, I don't get overly attached to stuff. I mean, of course, I held on to a lot of pictures, etc - but I'm more attached to places and the memories associated with them. The backyard of Mom and Dad's house where the entire neighborhood would show up for an epic whiffle ball tournament. The bars around town, the coffee shops - both of which the folks that work there still know my name (and I haven't lived there in over 30 years).. every crack of the sidewalk around town I feel like tells a story, whether it's from when I used to terrorize the neighborhood in the 70's on my bike or walking around the same town with my daughter and showing her the cracks and telling her the crazy stories of childhood friends, bikes, skateboards.. fishing, camping, sports, sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night, hiding/running from the small town cops, underage drinking, cars, girlfriends, breakups, etc.

last week when I left for the last time was really hard. My wife waited in the car - it was really early in the morning (probably around 4:30).. I made sure the heat was down, all the windows/doors were locked... I stood there for about 15 seconds in the doorway and I could see my brother (who died in 1990) there, my Mom (who died in 2012) in the kitchen.. and my Dad who, as I mentioned, died in November of last year. I could just see each of them as I tried to smile but my heart just ached and my stomach felt hollow. I literally - out loud - told each of them "bye" and closed the door behind me.

so yeah, there have been so many clerical-type things I've had to do: probate, estate stuff.. I've called Medicare and Blue Cross/Blue Shield of North Carolina a zillion times in the last 4 months or so.. all of Dad's remaining bills, life insurance.. not to mention everything that goes into the selling the car, truck, house. It's been stressful but it's pretty much all behind me now. I thought I'd feel better about it that than I actually do. Just real bittersweet, I guess.

anyway - thanks again to everyone for your kind words. If I could give some unsolicited advice to y'all - and if your parents (parent?) are still alive, get on their banking accounts as a joint owner of the account, have them create a power of attorney and have them work on a will. As scattered and difficult as everything is when they pass away, if my parents hadn't had these things in place, it would've been exponentially more complicated.

oh - and stop fighting with each other my thread.. wtf is wrong with you?? Fellas (and Dendro) - I'm Out For a Bit..  - Page 2 1896033241   Fellas (and Dendro) - I'm Out For a Bit..  - Page 2 502811600

Wow. Pretty intense stuff Bob. I hope things get easier for you.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-04-08, 10:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Welcome back Bob.

That had to be tough. Glad you’re back.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-08, 11:28

NigelUno wrote:Welcome back, Bob.
thanks man.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-08, 11:28

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Wow. Pretty intense stuff Bob. I hope things get easier for you.

thanks - it will get easier. It's good to be back "home". I consider North Carolina where I was born, where I grew up, etc - but East Lansing is "home".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-08, 11:29

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

That had to be tough. Glad you’re back.
thanks dude - hope you had fun in Minneapolis.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-08, 12:49

Glad you are back, Bob Read your post and I feel for you.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-08, 13:10

steveschneider wrote:Glad you are back, Bob Read your post and I feel for you.
thanks, man - it sucked but, overall, I'm very fortunate to have had two parents who were married for 44 years (prior to my Mom dying) and a place to have to sell. Lots of folks don't have that, so I'm thankful.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-04-08, 13:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Glad you are back, Bob Read your post and I feel for you.  
thanks, man - it sucked but, overall, I'm very fortunate to have had two parents who were married for 44 years (prior to my Mom dying) and a place to have to sell. Lots of folks don't have that, so I'm thankful.

My dad divorced my mother and remarried, his secretary/wife saved us all from having to deal with his estate when he died.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-08, 14:03

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

My dad divorced my mother and remarried, his secretary/wife saved us all from having to deal with his estate when he died.
yeah, it's just a lot of logistics, clerical stuff, calling courthouses, attorneys, filing this, filing that.. blah blah blah.

luckily, my cousin back home is an attorney who specializes in estate/family law, so she's helped with everything tremendously.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-04-08, 14:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

yeah, it's just a lot of logistics, clerical stuff, calling courthouses, attorneys, filing this, filing that.. blah blah blah.

luckily, my cousin back home is an attorney who specializes in estate/family law, so she's helped with everything tremendously.

My brother is dealing with all that on my mom's side. Dad's side new wife just had everything put in her name and saved herself the headache of having to figure out who gets what.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-08, 14:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah, it's just a lot of logistics, clerical stuff, calling courthouses, attorneys, filing this, filing that.. blah blah blah.

My brother is dealing with all that on my mom's side. Dad's side new wife just had everything put in her name and saved herself the headache of having to figure out who gets what.
wow, yeah - when things are compounded like that, I can imagine how much more difficult it can be.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2