Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leadership PACs?

2 posters

Go down

Leadership PACs? Empty Leadership PACs?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-06-03, 14:08

Honestly, I'm a political rube. I know nothing. First I've heard of these Leadership PACs.

If you want to know why the ability to change things for the benefit of those below the 1% in this country is limited, here's one answer.

Baseball tickets, ski trips: How Michigan lawmakers use little-known PACs

Leadership PACs are ostensibly intended for lawmakers to help build support for efforts to win leadership posts in Congress. Defenders say they are useful for helping colleagues, political parties or issues they care about at election time.

Critics contend they’ve become an unregulated avenue for members to legally evade limits on campaign contributions, essentially serving as "slush funds" to spend on fancy meals, vacation destinations and sporting events that can't be charged to campaign accounts.

Um, helping elected officials achieve leadership positions where their biggest donors then come from the very industries they are supposed regulate?

Boy did we get that wool pulled over our eyes.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Leadership PACs? Empty Re: Leadership PACs?

Post by Cameron 2019-06-03, 15:14

I don't understand why there are multiple types of PACs. I mean, I get that the fuckers have manipulated the rules to benefit themselves, I just don't see any plausible alternative explanation that they might use to cover themselves.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-06-03, 15:20

Cameron wrote:I don't understand why there are multiple types of PACs. I mean, I get that the fuckers have manipulated the rules to benefit themselves, I just don't see any plausible alternative explanation that they might use to cover themselves.

You and me both.

Just gaming the system by inventing new PACs to siphon more money from special-interest donors where it's usage is less constrained.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-06-03, 15:27

Makes me think I should get into politics. Season tickets on someone else's dime sounds pretty good.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down