Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership

+15
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
Heat Miser
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
CheesySpartan
NigelUno
Cameron
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  Empty Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-11-30, 12:26

14 years and counting lol
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  Empty Re: Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-30, 12:27

she's truly a great American. Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  969504605

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  Empty Re: Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-30, 12:31

Dems need to blow it up, and rebuild. This is not the time to be staying the course.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-11-30, 12:33

steveschneider wrote:Dems need to blow it up, and rebuild. This is not the time to be staying the course.

Exactly.  She's overstayed her welcome.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-30, 12:37

steveschneider wrote:Dems need to blow it up, and rebuild. This is not the time to be staying the course.
but what if they find someone that's truly a horrible person... like.. someone with a private email account?

Shocked
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-30, 12:39

The Democrats clearly like hitting their collective thumbs with the same hammer over and over again.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-30, 12:47

Time to get some ones up and coming with some fresh perspectives.

IMO they should try to get Van Jones in some kind of position of DNC leadership.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-30, 12:52

steveschneider wrote:Time to get some ones up and coming with some fresh perspectives.

IMO they should try to get Van Jones in some kind of position of DNC leadership.
the right wing hate machine and mainstream media would go insane.. of course, they'd go insane over anyone.. but especially him.

which would be fun to watch.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-30, 12:58

I actually like Keith Ellison a lot.. he's bright, energetic, progressive.. but he's also black and a Muslim, so the right and mainstream media would have a lot of fun with him.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-11-30, 12:59

This is great news for Republicans!

Please, keep all these old guard Dem hacks in power within their party...they will run their party even further into the ground. Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  1966794946
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-11-30, 12:59

steveschneider wrote:Time to get some ones up and coming with some fresh perspectives.

Who's Van Jones?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-30, 13:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I actually like Keith Ellison a lot.. he's bright, energetic, progressive.. but he's also black and a Muslim, so the right and mainstream media would have a lot of fun with him.

And proposed a separate nation for Blacks. He's in the mainstream of Bob's Amerikkka
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-30, 13:47

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I actually like Keith Ellison a lot.. he's bright, energetic, progressive.. but he's also black and a Muslim, so the right and mainstream media would have a lot of fun with him.

And proposed a separate nation for Blacks. He's in the mainstream of Bob's Amerikkka

Really? Sounds like fake news to me. Link.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-30, 13:47

LooseGoose wrote:

Bobby Sak wrote:but he's also black and a Muslim, so the right and mainstream media would have a lot of fun with him.

thanks for making my point.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-11-30, 13:51

They must like losing seats in Congress...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-11-30, 14:16

Cameron wrote:They must like losing seats in Congress...

Hey! We agree on something.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-30, 15:40

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'll wait for you, Bob, TN and GRR to brush it off.....but here's your link.

DNC Chair Candidate Keith Ellison Once Called For Separate Country for Black Americans

Democratic Minnesota Representative and Democratic National Committee chairman candidate Keith Ellison once called for slavery reparations and a separate country for black Americans in a university newspaper column.

In particular, they confirmed Ellison’s past support for a separate country for African-Americans:

Blacks would have the option of choosing their own land base or remaining in the United States. Since black people toiled most diligently in the southeastern section of the United States, this land, quite naturally, would be most suitable. That means Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi. Blacks, of course, would not be compelled to move to the black state, and, of course, peaceful whites would not be compelled to move away.

“Whites would be relieved of the burdens of the black-faced but white-dominated social programs. Blacks would employ themselves, teach their own children the truth and control their own neighborhoods. Black-white interaction would be voluntary instead of compelled,” he continued.

Ellison demanded the land grant in addition to a substantial slavery reparations payment. “This is a bargain,” he insisted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-30, 15:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Bobby Sak wrote:but he's also black and a Muslim, so the right and mainstream media would have a lot of fun with him.

thanks for making my point.

So since he's Black and Muslim he's above questioning? Racist.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-30, 16:42

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

DNC Chair Candidate Keith Ellison Once Called For Separate Country for Black Americans

Democratic Minnesota Representative and Democratic National Committee chairman candidate Keith Ellison once called for slavery reparations and a separate country for black Americans in a university newspaper column.

In particular, they confirmed Ellison’s past support for a separate country for African-Americans:

Blacks would have the option of choosing their own land base or remaining in the United States. Since black people toiled most diligently in the southeastern section of the United States, this land, quite naturally, would be most suitable. That means Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi. Blacks, of course, would not be compelled to move to the black state, and, of course, peaceful whites would not be compelled to move away.

“Whites would be relieved of the burdens of the black-faced but white-dominated social programs. Blacks would employ themselves, teach their own children the truth and control their own neighborhoods. Black-white interaction would be voluntary instead of compelled,” he continued.

Ellison demanded the land grant in addition to a substantial slavery reparations payment. “This is a bargain,” he insisted.

Mediaite? That is not a credible news outlet, and I googled the author. None of his credentials turn up other than he has a few religious articles on the Fedarilist. I skimmed the headlines of stuff on Mediate and the Daily Caller. Most of his articles looks like he's a news aggregate. I don't see anything that show he fact checks or has access to sources.

That's something where if you are biased against Keith Ellison and you google the person that's what would turn up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-30, 18:48

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Mediaite? That is not a credible news outlet, and I googled the author. None of his credentials turn up other than he has a few religious articles on the Fedarilist. I skimmed the headlines of stuff on Mediate and the Daily Caller. Most of his articles looks like he's a news aggregate. I don't see anything that show he fact checks or has access to sources.

That's something where if you are biased against Keith Ellison and you google the person that's what would turn up.

Don't like the message, shoot the messenger. Did it occur to you in all of your investigative work to see if the columns referenced actually existed. You know - if the story was true or not? Instead of seeking the truth, because you disagreed with the content you sought to discredit the writer. Talk to me some more about fakes.

Ellison's record also includes a multitude of embarrassments of the traditional kind. He fell afoul of the IRS after failing to pay $25,000 in income taxes; he ignored fines that he had incurred for parking tickets and moving violations so numerous that his driver's license was suspended more times than he can remember; he was fined for willful violation of Minnesota's campaign finance reporting law. It amounts to a striking pattern of lawbreaking since he undertook the practice of law in 1990.

But it was the link to the Nation of Islam that stood as the most serious impediment to Ellison's primary campaign. He addressed it in a letter to the local chapter of the Jewish Community Relations Council following his endorsement by the DFL in May. In the letter, Ellison asserted that his involvement with the Nation of Islam had been limited to an 18-month period around the time of the Million Man March in 1995, that he had been unfamiliar with the Nation of Islam's anti-Semitic views during his in volvement with the group, and that he himself had never expressed such views. The Star Tribune has faithfully parroted these assertions as facts.

As a result, the three assertions have become the cornerstone of Ellison's campaign, securing him the support of prominent Minneapolis Jews and the endorsement of the Minneapolis-based American Jewish World newsweekly. Nevertheless, a little research reveals each one of them to be demonstrably false. Ellison's activities on behalf of the Nation of Islam continued well beyond any 18-month period, he was familiar with the Nation of Islam's anti-Semitic views, and he himself mouthed those views.

Ellison was born Catholic in Detroit. He states that he converted to Islam as an undergraduate at Wayne State University. As a third-year student at the University of Minnesota Law School in 1989-90, he wrote two columns for the Minnesota Daily under the name "Keith Hakim." In the first, Ellison refers to "Minister Louis Farrakhan," defends Nation of Islam spokesman Khalid Abdul Muhammad, and speaks in the voice of a Nation of Islam advocate. In the second, "Hakim" demands reparations for slavery and throws in a demand for an optional separate homeland for American blacks. In February 1990, Ellison participated in sponsoring Kwame Ture (Stokely Carmichael) to speak at the law school on the subject "Zionism: Imperialism, White Supremacy or Both?" Jewish law students met personally with Ellison and appealed to him not to sponsor the speech at the law school; he rejected their appeal, and, as anticipated, Ture gave a notoriously anti-Semitic speech.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-11-30, 18:49

Nancy Pelosi Won Her Leadership Race By The Narrowest Margin In Decades
Minority party winner in the house easily averages 97% of the vote. Nancy got 68% this time around. Still too many clinging to the past.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-30, 21:22

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Don't like the message, shoot the messenger. Did it occur to you in all of your investigative work to see if the columns referenced actually existed. You know - if the story was true or not? Instead of seeking the truth, because you disagreed with the content you sought to discredit the writer. Talk to me some more about fakes.

Ellison's record also includes a multitude of embarrassments of the traditional kind. He fell afoul of the IRS after failing to pay $25,000 in income taxes; he ignored fines that he had incurred for parking tickets and moving violations so numerous that his driver's license was suspended more times than he can remember; he was fined for willful violation of Minnesota's campaign finance reporting law. It amounts to a striking pattern of lawbreaking since he undertook the practice of law in 1990.

But it was the link to the Nation of Islam that stood as the most serious impediment to Ellison's primary campaign. He addressed it in a letter to the local chapter of the Jewish Community Relations Council following his endorsement by the DFL in May. In the letter, Ellison asserted that his involvement with the Nation of Islam had been limited to an 18-month period around the time of the Million Man March in 1995, that he had been unfamiliar with the Nation of Islam's anti-Semitic views during his in volvement with the group, and that he himself had never expressed such views. The Star Tribune has faithfully parroted these assertions as facts.

As a result, the three assertions have become the cornerstone of Ellison's campaign, securing him the support of prominent Minneapolis Jews and the endorsement of the Minneapolis-based American Jewish World newsweekly. Nevertheless, a little research reveals each one of them to be demonstrably false. Ellison's activities on behalf of the Nation of Islam continued well beyond any 18-month period, he was familiar with the Nation of Islam's anti-Semitic views, and he himself mouthed those views.

Ellison was born Catholic in Detroit. He states that he converted to Islam as an undergraduate at Wayne State University. As a third-year student at the University of Minnesota Law School in 1989-90, he wrote two columns for the Minnesota Daily under the name "Keith Hakim." In the first, Ellison refers to "Minister Louis Farrakhan," defends Nation of Islam spokesman Khalid Abdul Muhammad, and speaks in the voice of a Nation of Islam advocate. In the second, "Hakim" demands reparations for slavery and throws in a demand for an optional separate homeland for American blacks. In February 1990, Ellison participated in sponsoring Kwame Ture (Stokely Carmichael) to speak at the law school on the subject "Zionism: Imperialism, White Supremacy or Both?" Jewish law students met personally with Ellison and appealed to him not to sponsor the speech at the law school; he rejected their appeal, and, as anticipated, Ture gave a notoriously anti-Semitic speech.

That guy isn't a credible journalist, and it's fake news.

I'm an open minded individual and respect you Goose, I'll change my mind if I get a credible news link.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-30, 22:41

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

That guy isn't a credible journalist, and it's fake news.

I'm an open minded individual and respect you Goose, I'll change my mind if I get a credible news link.

So the mere existence of the columns isn't enough. You need someone "credible" to tell you that they exist? OK.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-30, 22:52

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Don't like the message, shoot the messenger.   Did it occur to you in all of your investigative work to see if the columns referenced actually existed.   You know - if the story was true or not?   Instead of seeking the truth, because you disagreed with the content you sought to discredit the writer.   Talk to me some more about fakes.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-supporter-goes-nuts-calls-black-workers-animals-in-grocery-store-discrimination-rant/
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-30, 23:52

NigelUno wrote:http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-supporter-goes-nuts-calls-black-workers-animals-in-grocery-store-discrimination-rant/

Fake news - Steve
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-12-01, 14:26

Pelosi Retains Democratic House Leadership  Cyh7de10
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-01, 14:35

nice meme, bro!

No
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-12-01, 14:55

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:nice meme, bro!

No

Whats funny about it is she actually said it...

“Our view of the law is that it — if somebody is here without sufficient documentation, that is not reason for deportation,” she said in the interview, which an immigrant-rights group posted on its website. “If somebody has broken the law, committed a felony or something, that’s a different story.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/16/house-minority-leader-nancy-pelosi-calls-obama-hal/
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-12-01, 15:02

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

doesn't bother me (provided your source isn't fake news - which wouldn't surprise me).

Ellison is entitled to his opinion under the First Amendment (until Trump takes it away).

(sorry if you find this anti-PC approach offensive).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-12-01, 15:09

Either the Dems want to become further irrelevant or they are insane.
"doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
Then again, I suppose it could be both.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-01, 17:43

Well all the Kool Kidz are Dems so they're doing something right, just not winning elections.

It's great when you add a couple of 70 year old people to your leadership team and the average age goes DOWN.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-12-27, 21:23

Interesting points, 2016 steve. Have you met 2020 steve?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Rocinante and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-28, 07:27

Cameron wrote:

Bumping a post is always worth a chuckle. Thank goodness she proved us all wrong.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-12-28, 08:27

Cameron wrote:

One steve is more than enough, Cam. We don't need two of them.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-28, 20:53

[tw]1343696405605527553?s=21[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-12-28, 21:56

steveschneider wrote:[tw]1343696405605527553?s=21[/tw]
It strikes me as deeply disingenuous to give credit to Pelosi for this. If Trump didn't come out and say $2k, how many Republicans do you imagine Nancy could have gotten to vote for it?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos and MiamiSpartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-12-28, 22:43

Ummm, Trump maybe? You know, since he is the one pushing the $2000?

Horrible tweet to try to credit Pelosi for that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-29, 08:50

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Ummm, Trump maybe? You know, since he is the one pushing the $2000?

Horrible tweet to try to credit Pelosi for that.

Bullshit, Dems proposed $2000 per month a long time ago. Trumps party negotiated down, stalled and last minute trump calls for $2000. If he was serious he could have done this months ago.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-12-29, 09:13

Steve. The house negotiated and passed a bill that gave Americans a $600 stimulus check. They did not negotiate a $2000 stimulus check. It's really that simple. She's gonna champion $2000 checks. Trump's gonna champion it and nobodies gonna get it. Yet idiots are gonna argue who gets credit for a something that never happened. I'm pretty much to the point that she's just as big a political idiot as Trump is.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-29, 09:41

kingstonlake wrote:Steve. The house negotiated and passed a bill that gave Americans a $600 stimulus check. They did not negotiate a $2000 stimulus check. It's really that simple. She's gonna champion $2000 checks. Trump's gonna champion it and nobodies gonna get it. Yet idiots are gonna argue who gets credit for a something that never happened. I'm pretty much to the point that she's just as big a political idiot as Trump is.

I understand but Dems pitched out $2000 back in May/April. This $2000 idea didn't just come from Trump.

Pelosi's quote "At last, the president has agreed to $2,000 — Democrats are ready to bring this to the floor this week by unanimous consent. Let's do it!"

So yes, Trump deserves credit for coming around to it but this idea has been there well before. All eyes on the Senate Republicans now do they go against Trump or not?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next