Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Walsh For President

+2
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
6 posters

Go down

Joe Walsh For President Empty Joe Walsh For President

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:58 pm

Not the guitarist for the Eagles, some former bigot tea party guy. Heard this yesterday and thought it was bananas.

9 minute and 20 second mark host presses him on all the racist things he's done and he doesn't deny it. So one bigot is going to come in and save the country from another bigot?

Just before it about 8:50 seconds Nicole Wallace has a great suggestion. This Joe Walsh guy has a big platform that reaches a lot of uneducated white voters in the midwest and on twitter. If he could convince a few it is alright to vote for a dem in 2020 it might be helfpul.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Joe Walsh For President Empty Re: Joe Walsh For President

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:00 pm

he's a scumbag and a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:03 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:he's a scumbag and a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Agreed. I don't get his angle, Yeah, I'm a racist but Trumps the bad racist? Maybe it speaks volumes about Trump that one very racist guy is offended by the level of racism?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:09 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:he's a scumbag and a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Agreed. I don't get his angle, Yeah, I'm a racist but Trumps the bad racist? Maybe it speaks volumes about Trump that one very racist guy is offended by the level of racism?
true.

at least the GOP is finally comfortable with their racism.

Remember - it wasn't all that long ago - when Republicans would {gasp} get offended when you called them racist? Now, they blindly support a white nationalist who was endorsed by the KKK and calls white supremacists "very fine people".. and their other option in the primary is a guy who says "yeah, I'm a racist, but I'm less racist than the white nationalist KKK guy.

so cheers to them for finally embracing their racism... we knew you could do it, guys. Joe Walsh For President 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:12 pm

I had this guy confused with John Walsh from America's Most Wanted. I know he was a right wing blowhard who finally turned on the Orangutan as well.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:15 pm

I saw joe Walsh at red rocks once
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:00 pm

He’s terrible. He started off very much endorsing Trump and spewed the same kind of dangerous rhetoric he now criticizes Trump for, including something about needing to get out his musket if Clinton won the election.

My guess is he dislikes Trump’s spending habits and also sees him as wounded. The best time to run for office is when the incumbent is perceived as being wounded or weakened.

If he really wanted Trump gone, he would use his resources and energy to give Weld’s campaign a boost.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:00 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I saw joe Walsh at red rocks once

I saw him at Costco once.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:16 pm

Turtleneck wrote:He’s terrible. He started off very much endorsing Trump and spewed the same kind of dangerous rhetoric he now criticizes Trump for, including something about needing to get out his musket if Clinton won the election.

My guess is he dislikes Trump’s spending habits and also sees him as wounded. The best time to run for office is when the incumbent is perceived as being wounded or weakened.

If he really wanted Trump gone, he would use his resources and energy to give Weld’s campaign a boost.

I saw him pop up a lot on twitter. He'd get retweeted a lot whenever he'd call out Trump. i think people on social media love it when a conservative calls out Trump. Outside of that I didn't know anything about him.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:54 pm

It's not like he's going to win, and he knows that. But how many people have heard his name in the past few days that had never heard of him before? How many more will hear it between now and whenever he ultimately drops out?

He's building his brand, that's all. Whether it's for a future run for president or some other office, or for some other thing he has planned (like hosting a reality show....as a stepping stone to becoming president).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:04 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:It's not like he's going to win, and he knows that. But how many people have heard his name in the past few days that had never heard of him before? How many more will hear it between now and whenever he ultimately drops out?

He's building his brand, that's all. Whether it's for a future run for president or some other office, or for some other thing he has planned (like hosting a reality show....as a stepping stone to becoming president).

Yeah, you can go far these days by being an open racist. He has received a ton of attention too. I agreed with that host, if he was serious the best use of his resources to stop Trump is to vote Dem in 2020 and urge his audience to do the same. He said he may get there, but he seems like a big chancer to me. If there's more money to made being a bigot again I can see him putting on a red hat or a klans hood and getting back to his old job of spreading hate.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down