Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seriously, state officials are urging the cancelation of outdoor events in 8 counties. Mosquito virus related

+5
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
Nordic
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
9 posters

Go down

Seriously, state officials are urging the cancelation of outdoor events in 8 counties.  Mosquito virus related Empty Seriously, state officials are urging the cancelation of outdoor events in 8 counties. Mosquito virus related

Post by DWags Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:53 pm

Wow. Didn’t realize it was that bad.

Those who live in all eight of the affected counties — Kalamazoo, Cass, Van Buren, Berrien, Barry, St. Joseph, Genesee and Lapeer counties — are urged to consider canceling, postponing or rescheduling outdoor events that occur at or after dusk, especially those that involve children, according to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/09/17/eastern-equine-encephalitis-michigan-eee-deaths/2355770001/?fbclid=IwAR3tcpUn62xGSAm8QSDPatHajk_H8eFU_lasrRZpveZclR9TRcnF59cu8ek

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Seriously, state officials are urging the cancelation of outdoor events in 8 counties.  Mosquito virus related Empty Re: Seriously, state officials are urging the cancelation of outdoor events in 8 counties. Mosquito virus related

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:25 pm

Yikes.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Seriously, state officials are urging the cancelation of outdoor events in 8 counties.  Mosquito virus related Empty Re: Seriously, state officials are urging the cancelation of outdoor events in 8 counties. Mosquito virus related

Post by Nordic Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:28 pm

They've been relatively mild up in the NOC this summer. But I noticed they were out in force tonight.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:10 pm

Mowed the lawn today in jeans, long sleeves, gloves, and a hat.

Fuck encephalitis.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:13 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Mowed the lawn today in jeans, long sleeves, gloves, hat.

Fuck encephalitis.

Good idea. Ingham isn’t one of the counties listed, but there’s no reason to be number one in this case. I’ll also start wearing the Off Deep Woods (slightly higher Deet concentration) when outside working in the yard.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:17 pm

I wonder how high schools are handling sporting events in those counties
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:48 pm

Part of me thinks this is blown way out of proportion and part of me doesn’t think that way.

I think about how awful it would be to happen to my kid. And mosquitos love me more than anyone else.

So I gone?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:55 pm

The wife had encephalitis a few years ago. We're pretty lucky we caught it in time and she's still here with us. She's still having issues with it but doing way better. Thoughts and prayers to those that have it, It effs you up badly.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:28 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:The wife had encephalitis a few years ago. We're pretty lucky we caught it in time and she's still here with us. She's still having issues with it but doing way better. Thoughts and prayers to those that have it, It effs you up badly.

What were the symptoms and when did you know to go to the hospital? That’s pretty scary JFS
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:37 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:The wife had encephalitis a few years ago. We're pretty lucky we caught it in time and she's still here with us. She's still having issues with it but doing way better. Thoughts and prayers to those that have it, It effs you up badly.
yikes man. Glad she's still with us.. hope things continue to move in a positive direction.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:39 pm

Damn, that’s scary stuff. Glad she made it through. Weird to learn she’s still affected all this time later. Hope she makes a complete recovery.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Superintendent / AD sent out a message to district staff here in Berrien. Continuing with sporting events as normal, but those plans are subject to change depending on what the county says. Pretty generic warning email but I'm a bit uneasy
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:17 am

DWags wrote:

What were the symptoms and when did you know to go to the hospital? That’s pretty scary JFS

Wandering around the house with no clothes on and not knowing why, confusion, hallucinating. Pretty scary stuff. It makes your brain swell up. They had to do a spinal tap to confirm it, that was no fun at all for her. She spent almost two weeks in the hospital on IV medication, a medication that didn't exist a couple of years before she got it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:24 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:
DWags wrote:

Wandering around the house with no clothes on and not knowing why, confusion, hallucinating. Pretty scary stuff. It makes your brain swell up. They had to do a spinal tap to confirm it, that was no fun at all for her. She spent almost two weeks in the hospital on IV medication, a medication that didn't exist a couple of years before she got it.
that's terrifying, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:26 am

I'm not smart. In fact, I'm not knowledgeable at all about anything (except good music).. but I suspect this can be tied to this bizarre and ever-evolving climate?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:17 am

DWags wrote:

Wow. That is nuts. Good thoughts for a complete recovery.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:06 pm

I hope The Purge hasn’t moved into Ingham county yet, because I got a mosquito bite walking the dog tonight. Seriously, state officials are urging the cancelation of outdoor events in 8 counties.  Mosquito virus related 3836498553
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:35 pm

Good thing all the little fuckers will be dead in a couple weeks.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:36 pm

The Pantry wrote:Good thing all the little fuckers will be dead in a couple weeks.

One of the only good things about cold weather.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:18 pm

Found in a deer in Eaton Co., which is next door to Ingham, which is home to MSU.
The Purge is real and it’s coming! Seriously, state officials are urging the cancelation of outdoor events in 8 counties.  Mosquito virus related 4198636888

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/2019/10/22/1st-case-eee-found-eaton-county-deer-bringing-state-total-55/4061232002/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:46 pm

Well, mosquito season is just about over. Is this going to be something that pops up next year too? I'm pretty clueless about these types of diseases.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:55 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Well, mosquito season is just about over. Is this going to be something that pops up next year too? I'm pretty clueless about these types of diseases.

Man, how much would that suck (pun intended), getting EEE just hours before a hard freeze killed off the threat?
“If Nellie Farmbottom had just stayed inside one more night, instead of going out to get a selfie with the crescent moon for her instagram page, she’d be with us today.”
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:08 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Well, mosquito season is just about over. Is this going to be something that pops up next year too? I'm pretty clueless about these types of diseases.

Man, how much would that suck (pun intended), getting EEE just hours before a hard freeze killed off the threat?
“If Nellie Farmbottom had just stayed inside one more night, instead of going out to get a selfie with the crescent moon for her instagram page, she’d be with us today.”
hey tGreenWay - with this 45 mph wind, I'm sorry if my leaves wind up in your yard.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:13 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

hey tGreenWay - with this 45 mph wind, I'm sorry if my leaves wind up in your yard.

Shit, I think they’re in mine.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:50 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

No worries, I haven’t put up my snow fences yet, so they’ll blow right into the neighbor’s yard.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:00 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I count on that every year. I have 3 huge maples in my front yard and they produce enough leaves for everyone around me. Last year I felt sorry for my new neighbor and mulched most of them for him.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:35 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote: hey tGreenWay - with this 45 mph wind, I'm sorry if my leaves wind up in your yard.

I count on that every year. I have 3 huge maples in my front yard and they produce enough leaves for everyone around me. Last year I felt sorry for my new neighbor and mulched most of them for him.

Maple leaves should be left to rot on your grass over winter. In fact, most leaves should be. It’s great for the grass. The only leaves that don’t break down are oak, which don’t compost well, either.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:39 pm

I manicured the back lawn for the last time this season on Saturday. I'll likely manicure the front a few more times.. mainly for the purpose of mulching up DWags's leaves that found themselves going west on I-96 and then delicately nestled into the neighborhoods of East Lansing.

thanks DWags.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down