Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoni Bates: let me be the first to jinx us.

+27
StylesGShmooth
Heat Miser
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
CORNER BLITZ
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Motown Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
aualum06
duffy munn
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
SawGreen
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
Cameron
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
AvgMSUJoe
kingstonlake
Senior Dickfist
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
DWags
31 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 8 Empty Re: Emoni Bates: let me be the first to jinx us.

Post by StylesGShmooth 2021-07-24, 16:19

DWags wrote:Does anyone think the potential break up of the big 12 might possibly hurt Baylor in recruiting? If Texas and Oklahoma leave, and the Big actually snatched Kansas, I’m wondering why a kid would still want to go to Baylor.

Baylor will move on to another conference like the others.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 8 Empty Re: Emoni Bates: let me be the first to jinx us.

Post by Turtleneck 2021-07-24, 17:29

I don't know why anybody would want to go to Baylor regardless of conference. If you live in Waco, do you just hang out in Austin every weekend?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-07-24, 17:48

Turtleneck wrote:I don't know why anybody would want to go to Baylor regardless of conference. If you live in Waco, do you just hang out in Austin every weekend?

The Branch Davidians used to have karaoke Sundays, but, well, you know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-07-24, 18:13

Too soon.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-07-24, 18:57

Turtleneck wrote:I don't know why anybody would want to go to Baylor regardless of conference. If you live in Waco, do you just hang out in Austin every weekend?

Clearly you have never been to Magnolia Farms
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-07-24, 19:08

Nordic wrote:

Clearly you have never been to Magnolia Farms

Joanna is a looker
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-04, 18:41

[tw]1423044466156388352[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green money 2021-08-04, 19:04

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1423044466156388352[/tw]
rumors are msu isn't recruiting him any longer. He isn't going to play school, will end up in some sort of pro league to get paid.

Green money
Green money
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-08-04, 19:57

Green money wrote:
NigelUno wrote:[tw]1423044466156388352[/tw]
rumors are msu isn't recruiting him any longer. He isn't going to play school, will end up in some sort of pro league to get paid.

I think this means he's going to college this season
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-04, 20:13

We are going to win a Natty
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-04, 20:38

[tw]1423053260060073985[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-08-04, 20:43

No want.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-08-04, 21:12

WE WANT EMONI
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-08-04, 21:15

SHOW US YOUR E BONI
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-04, 21:25

I’m over it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-08-04, 21:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:WE WANT EMONI

Me too but I have my reservations. If he wants to go all in and be a Spartan then hell yes. If it's all about him, his handlers etc and we are just a pit stop trying to get paid then no.

And before you accuse me of being a codger screaming at clouds ( you wouldn't be wrong), I completely get this will be the new normal in college basketball.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-04, 22:50

duffy munn wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:WE WANT EMONI

Me too but I have my reservations. If he wants to go all in and be a Spartan then hell yes. If it's all about him, his handlers etc and we are just a pit stop trying to get paid then no.

And before you accuse me of being a codger screaming at clouds ( you wouldn't be wrong), I completely get this will be the new normal in college basketball.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-08-04, 23:34

steveschneider wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I know fucking Steve. And here's why I have a problem with it. I'm not sure winning means that much to these kids anymore.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-04, 23:36

duffy munn wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I know fucking Steve. And here's why I have a problem with it. I'm not sure winning means that much to these kids anymore.

Winning is good for the brand.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-04, 23:47

duffy munn wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Last edited by steveschneider on 2021-08-05, 10:02; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-08-05, 00:23

NigelUno wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Sure but the brand comes first when we are talking about "high school" kids like Bates making choices. Winning is second.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-05, 07:15

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Sure but the brand comes first when we are talking about "high school" kids like Bates making choices. Winning is second.

He won the MHSAA State Championship as a FR.

The prep school route he took after his Soph year was for his development. A lot of good players do that. MSU has had a few (JJJ, Miles, etc.).

Whether or not anyone thinks that Emoni cares about winning, Tom Izzo does...and he's the coach. The idea that any player would come in and do what he wants is absurd. Winning (and being a team player with great individual skills) would be a good boost for the Emoni brand and the MSU brand.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green money 2021-08-05, 08:11

NigelUno wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

The prep school route he took after his Soph year was for his development. A lot of good players do that. MSU has had a few (JJJ, Miles, etc.).

Whether or not anyone thinks that Emoni cares about winning, Tom Izzo does...and he's the coach. The idea that any player would come in and do what he wants is absurd. Winning (and being a team player with great individual skills) would be a good boost for the Emoni brand and the MSU brand.

I don't disagree that good coaching from Izzo would be beneficial for Emoni but after watching him play the last year does anyone believe Emoni and more importantly his father believe this? They appear to be taking the path of least resistance to the league. Emoni won't make his millions on D. It's puzzling why they were interested in msu to begin with.
Green money
Green money
Spartiate

Cameron, tGreenWay and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-08-05, 08:37

NigelUno wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Zzzzzzzzzzz
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-08-05, 08:56

Some of y’all must have forgot how brutal last year was watching us shove needles down our own cocks and limp into the NCAAs. Sign me up for wanting elite talent on the court for MSU and letting izzo figure out the rest
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-08-05, 08:57

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Some of y’all must have forgot how brutal last year was watching us shove needles down our own cocks and limp into the NCAAs. Sign me up for wanting elite talent on the court for MSU and letting izzo figure out the rest

Wouldn’t you shove a needle “up” your cock and not down?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-08-05, 09:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Some of y’all must have forgot how brutal last year was watching us shove needles down our own cocks and limp into the NCAAs. Sign me up for wanting elite talent on the court for MSU and letting izzo figure out the rest

IMHO the supposed #1 elite recruit shouldn’t be a project.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-05, 09:25

Green money wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I don't disagree that good coaching from Izzo would be beneficial for Emoni but after watching him play the last year does anyone believe Emoni and more importantly his father believe this? They appear to be taking the path of least resistance to the league. Emoni won't make his millions on D. It's puzzling why they were interested in msu to begin with.

Did you watch a lot of his games?

And "believe" what exactly?

They appear to be taking the path of least resistance? That's just some narrative that fans are making up.

The G League worked out for Jalen Green and Jonathan Kuminga OK. They were challenged enough, played well, and became lottery picks.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-05, 09:28

kingstonlake wrote:

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 8 502811600

Must be Hot Take Thursday.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-05, 09:44

So if he wants to be a star I don’t want him. Am I understanding the opposition right?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-08-05, 09:54

steveschneider wrote:So if he wants to be a star I don’t want him. Am I understanding the opposition right?

No.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-08-05, 10:05

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 8 502811600

Must be Hot Take Thursday.

Hot and terrible fresh off the griddle
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-05, 10:06

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:So if he wants to be a star I don’t want him. Am I understanding the opposition right?

No.

It's a players league not a coaches league. Seems to me like a lot of the fears are based around this and the threat of a star not really requiring Izzo's skills to coach him up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-08-05, 10:07

Kinda has that Harbaugh/QB transfer feel to it. “Hey guys, thanks for your commitment to the program, working hard, and doing all you can to get ready for the year. But your minutes are going to be cut because the guy who committed, then didn’t, wants to play here now. Maybe. His team is figuring out how to best maximize his brand and decide if he can make more in the g-league or here. Or maybe Oregon. Or Memphis.” Thanks guys. Now put the pads on. We got drills to run.”
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and duffy munn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-05, 10:12

kingstonlake wrote:Kinda has that Harbaugh/QB transfer feel to it. “Hey guys, thanks for your commitment to the program, working hard, and doing all you can to get ready for the year. But your minutes are going to be cut because the guy who committed, then didn’t, wants to play here now. Maybe. His team is figuring out how to best maximize his brand and decide if he can make more in the g-league or here. Or maybe Oregon. Or Memphis.” Thanks guys. Now put the pads on. We got drills to run.”

Does it have that Tyson Walker point guard transfer feel to it?

Or is that different?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-05, 10:15

kingstonlake wrote:Kinda has that Harbaugh/QB transfer feel to it. “Hey guys, thanks for your commitment to the program, working hard, and doing all you can to get ready for the year. But your minutes are going to be cut because the guy who committed, then didn’t, wants to play here now. Maybe. His team is figuring out how to best maximize his brand and decide if he can make more in the g-league or here. Or maybe Oregon. Or Memphis.” Thanks guys. Now put the pads on. We got drills to run.”

That's how it goes on a big time blue blood program.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-08-05, 10:23

NigelUno wrote:

Or is that different?

Tyson Walker is considering g-league, Oregon, MSU, and Memphis in August after saying nah on his original to MSU and now wants to potentially re commit?

Must be hot take Thursday.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-08-05, 10:30

playing the COMMITMENT card and SPARTAN card in college athletics is incredibly nauseating. it's a business just like it is for these players trying to live off their athletic ability. but SPARTANS do it for their LOVE of MSU and that can't WAIVER

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 8 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-05, 10:31

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Or is that different?

Tyson Walker is considering g-league, Oregon, MSU, and Memphis in August after saying nah on his original to MSU and now wants to potentially re commit?

Must be hot take Thursday.

You're cute.

Were UM transfer QBs considering the G League?

That was your analogy, right? A player transferring into a program?

So...is that the same? Or different?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-05, 10:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:playing the COMMITMENT card and SPARTAN card in college athletics is incredibly nauseating. it's a business just like it is for these players trying to live off their athletic ability. but SPARTANS do it for their LOVE of MSU and that can't WAIVER

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 8 1966794946

It's a tired spurned lover routine.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next