Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoni Bates: let me be the first to jinx us.

+27
StylesGShmooth
Heat Miser
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
CORNER BLITZ
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Motown Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
aualum06
duffy munn
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
SawGreen
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
Cameron
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
AvgMSUJoe
kingstonlake
Senior Dickfist
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
DWags
31 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 7 Empty Re: Emoni Bates: let me be the first to jinx us.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-05-04, 08:57

Spending another year at Ypsi Prep after this past season's disaster would surprise me, but who knows. I also don't really understand Borzello's statement that the G League age limit is 18 but "G League Ignite is different". Is it? Where does it state that? I wish he would have provided a source.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 7 Empty Re: Emoni Bates: let me be the first to jinx us.

Post by NigelUno 2021-05-04, 09:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Spending another year at Ypsi Prep after this past season's disaster would surprise me, but who knows. I also don't really understand Borzello's statement that the G League age limit is 18 but "G League Ignite is different". Is it? Where does it state that? I wish he would have provided a source.

Having better players at Ypsi Prep would help Emoni a lot. I think that might be the plan (would have to be to compete with teams like IMG).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-05-04, 09:57

The whole "make my kid his own high school" is a clusterfuck drama move by his daddy anyway. Who cares.

I gotta think this will not reflect well on Emoni's future. Then again the Ball kids seem to be doing ok despite their daddy.
The daddy going through life with that much hubris based on his kid's talent rubs me the wrong way.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-04, 10:00

NigelUno wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Spending another year at Ypsi Prep after this past season's disaster would surprise me, but who knows. I also don't really understand Borzello's statement that the G League age limit is 18 but "G League Ignite is different". Is it? Where does it state that? I wish he would have provided a source.

Having better players at Ypsi Prep would help Emoni a lot. I think that might be the plan (would have to be to compete with teams like IMG).

Sounds like maybe his dad and Emoni chased a pretty good player away last year. Who knows what happened, but having a bunch of highly touted Hugh school kids on one team has to be hard to handle. You probably need a coach who isn’t emotionally invested in one player on the team.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-05-04, 10:02

The Dad is not the coach. Never has been. I don't know why people keep repeating that. I don't know the level of his involvement, but he is not the coach
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-04, 10:03

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The Dad is not the coach. Never has been. I don't know why people keep repeating that. I don't know the level of his involvement, but he is not the coach

I stand corrected. Sorry, I thought he was.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

WhiteBoyHatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-05-04, 10:33

AvgMSUJoe wrote:The whole "make my kid his own high school" is a clusterfuck drama move by his daddy anyway. Who cares.

I gotta think this will not reflect well on Emoni's future. Then again the Ball kids seem to be doing ok despite their daddy.
The daddy going through life with that much hubris based on his kid's talent rubs me the wrong way.

I think their hand was forced a bit by the MHSAA (trying to play better competition). And Covid complicated things a lot. If they are part of a new Nike league and compete with top end prep schools, it will allow Emoni to challenge himself (without having to leave the state to attend a prep school).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-05-04, 14:42

It would be a huge gut punch if Juwan offers and lands this kid. Let's keep every finger crossed that it doesn't happen.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-04, 14:43

Is the dad the coach?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Other Teams Pursuing That and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-05-04, 14:45

Anymore updates on the basketball player whose not going to MSU?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-04, 14:52

kingstonlake wrote:Anymore updates on the basketball player whose not going to MSU?

Yes. His decommitment is only partial right now. He decommitted in the eastern time zone. Gavin Schilling is reporting that Izzo still has time to fly to Vegas and prevent Bates from decommitting.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-05-04, 15:01

steveschneider wrote:It would be a huge gut punch if Juwan offers and lands this kid. Let's keep every finger crossed that it doesn't happen.

steve!!!

I think you need to ask yourself why UM hasn't offered.

And then R-E-L-A-X
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-05-04, 15:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The Dad is not the coach. Never has been. I don't know why people keep repeating that. I don't know the level of his involvement, but he is not the coach

So you’re saying the dad is not the coach?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-05-04, 15:07

Turtleneck wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Anymore updates on the basketball player whose not going to MSU?

Yes. His decommitment is only partial right now. He decommitted in the eastern time zone. Gavin Schilling is reporting that Izzo still has time to fly to Vegas and prevent Bates from decommitting.

IB4Hatch.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-04, 15:23

tGreenWay wrote:

So you’re saying the dad is not the coach?

Yeah, somebody needs to clear this up. I am not sure. Lots of contradictory information out there.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-05-04, 15:26

steveschneider wrote:It would be a huge gut punch if Juwan offers and lands this kid. Let's keep every finger crossed that it doesn't happen.

COME BACK
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-04, 15:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

COME BACK

He’s de-committed , OTPT. Have t you been following?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-05-04, 15:39

DWags wrote:

COME BACK

Steve or Emoni?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-04, 15:53

DWags wrote:

Steve or Emoni?

Yes
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-05-04, 17:31

DWags wrote:

Steve or Emoni?

Yes

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 7 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-05-04, 18:05

steveschneider wrote:It would be a huge gut punch if Juwan offers and lands this kid.  Let's keep every finger crossed that it doesn't happen.

COME BACK
Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 7 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5kzi5nxure9zdtm6psabssplda9tqq5vxiibidtce&rid=200
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-05-19, 16:33

I would think Overtime will have a chat with Emoni.

Overtime selects Atlanta for its basketball league that pays 16- to 18-year-olds $100,000
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-05-24, 10:50

2 spots still left in this league. Maybe Ypsi Prep will join them.

High school basketball powerhouses form national league set to begin in 2021-22 season
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-07-21, 07:26

Some of the bloom coming off of the rose with Bates evaluation. Still a super player but maybe not a number one choice
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-07-21, 07:45

DWags wrote:Some of the bloom coming off of the rose with Bates evaluation. Still a super player but maybe not a number one choice

Sounds to me like the kid is in desperate need of some coaching. His father did not do him any favors creating a "school" for him.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-07-21, 07:50

DWags wrote:Some of the bloom coming off of the rose with Bates evaluation.  Still a super player but maybe not a number one choice

I don't want to say he's suffering because his team isn't very good, but his team isn't very good.

They lost by 17 yesterday in the first game of the consolation schedule.  He had 21.  His team shot 1/23 from 3 (he was 1/6).

Playing Bronny's team tonight at 8:00.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-07-22, 07:44

Emoni 22 points
Bronny 8 points

[tw]1418054948613414915[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-07-22, 10:10

NigelUno wrote:Emoni 22 points
Bronny 8 points

Look at Bates launch 3 terrible three pointers. The first one was a sick make though
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-07-22, 10:31

aualum06 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Emoni 22 points
Bronny 8 points

Look at Bates launch 3 terrible three pointers. The first one was a sick make though

Step back falling sideways 3 probably not a great shot (but went in). Other 2 weren't that bad (I think the second shot may have been a 2). 4-6 from 3.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-07-22, 10:36

NigelUno wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Step back falling sideways 3 probably not a great shot (but went in). Other 2 weren't that bad (I think the second shot may have been a 2). 4-6 from 3.

Like I said that was a sick make
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-07-22, 10:37

I e read where Bronny maybe isn’t a top 150 in his class. Is that so? By the way, hats Off to the kid. Big balls making his sport and pursing it the same Sport as his father who is one of the top five ever. Kid isn’t worried about that. I line that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-07-22, 15:14

DWags wrote:I e read where Bronny maybe isn’t a top 150 in his class. Is that so? By the way, hats Off to the kid. Big balls making his sport and pursing it the same Sport as his father who is one of the top five ever. Kid isn’t worried about that. I line that.

Bronny is Class of 2023. He's ranked #30 on 247 and #41 on ESPN.

Listed at 6'3" (which means he's closer to 6'1").
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-07-23, 22:20

[tw]1418747629626925056?s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-07-23, 22:33

Down to eight? Really? Did I miss the sweet sixteen? Let me know when you're down to one, Emoni.

Pretty sure it isn't gonna be MSU, so I'm just getting kinda sick of this guy.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-07-23, 23:39

Cameron wrote:Down to eight? Really? Did I miss the sweet sixteen? Let me know when you're down to one, Emoni.

Now that the NIL thing is a reality, MSU should be back in the mix. However, OU has Nike $$$$ (they should become an even bigger player in the new world), BU & Miami have benefactors as well. Not sure about Memphis. Surely Ishbia needs some high priced spokespeople for his mulit-billion dollar operation?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-07-24, 00:15

Heat Miser wrote:
Cameron wrote:Down to eight? Really? Did I miss the sweet sixteen? Let me know when you're down to one, Emoni.

Now that the NIL thing is a reality, MSU should be back in the mix. However, OU has Nike $$$$ (they should become an even bigger player in the new world), BU & Miami have benefactors as well. Not sure about Memphis. Surely Ishbia needs some high priced spokespeople for his mulit-billion dollar operation?

I still think it is more than just short term $$ for Emoni. He wants to be the #1 pick in whatever draft he is in. IMO that will be the main factor in whatever he chooses.

Last edited by Nordic on 2021-07-24, 00:39; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-07-24, 00:21

Wishing the guy all the very best, but I’m over it. Not sure he would mesh well with TI as coach pushes him to actually play defense. Having your dad as your coach is nice, but it doesn’t seem like it’s been the best thing for the kid.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-07-24, 06:06

Does anyone think the potential break up of the big 12 might possibly hurt Baylor in recruiting? If Texas and Oklahoma leave, and the Big actually snatched Kansas, I’m wondering why a kid would still want to go to Baylor.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-07-24, 07:24

DWags wrote:Does anyone think the potential break up of the big 12 might possibly hurt Baylor in recruiting? If Texas and Oklahoma leave, and the Big actually snatched Kansas, I’m wondering why a kid would still want to go to Baylor.

As long as they keep doing well in March, kids will want to go there.

And if the other Big 12 teams start looking around, Baylor could join a basketball conference like the ACC.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-07-24, 09:14

tGreenWay wrote:Wishing the guy all the very best, but I’m over it. Not sure he would mesh well with TI as coach pushes him to actually play defense. Having your dad as your coach is nice, but it doesn’t seem like it’s been the best thing for the kid.

Emoni Bates you are over it? This is crazy talk.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next