Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoni Bates: let me be the first to jinx us.

+27
StylesGShmooth
Heat Miser
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
CORNER BLITZ
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Motown Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
aualum06
duffy munn
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
SawGreen
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
Cameron
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
AvgMSUJoe
kingstonlake
Senior Dickfist
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
DWags
31 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 10 Empty Re: Emoni Bates: let me be the first to jinx us.

Post by kingstonlake 2021-08-06, 14:05

I really think if Penny Hardaway wasn't paying a recruits moving expenses, that recruit didn't get suspended, and decided to stay in school and play basketball, Hardaway could have coached his first game in the tournament.

Arnold Jackaon spittin' FIRE today!

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 10 Empty Re: Emoni Bates: let me be the first to jinx us.

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-06, 14:29

kingstonlake wrote:I really think if Penny Hardaway wasn't paying a recruits moving expenses, that recruit didn't get suspended, and decided to stay in school and play basketball, Hardaway could have coached his first game in the tournament.

Arnold Jackaon spittin' FIRE today!

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 10 5222778_resentment_jpeg27562690eb1b60439980c515d89d744a
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-06, 14:35

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Things are starting to add up and I think I'm starting to understand why a player might choo$e Memphi$.

We should just get a truck of cash over to Emoni and his dad. A player like that aint cheap.

Calipari never broke any rules at Memphis, of course.

Fucking steve...

Whatever he paid those players seems like it was a good deal for all parties involved.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-06, 14:58

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:[tw]1423584660492271618[/tw]

Memphis? Ugh. What is the appeal of that place? What am I missing?

Hey steve! While Kingston is up getting me a beer, we can revisit this...

If Duren and Emoni commit, Memphis would have (arguably) 2 Top 5 players. And they played together for a month this summer, so something they may have discussed.

Penny is the Coach. Memphis legend. NBA star. That might appeal to high school kids.

Memphis is a bigger town than some other towns Emoni is considering. Might be better from a NIL perspective. And NIL $ might be more lucrative than playing in the G League.

Great discussion. Thanks for your thoughts.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-08-06, 15:06

Thanks for the shout out in a completely unrelated post ^^^^
Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 10 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5qm3xyoa5gnfowclde8g8o6vzwal0mqp2yxvmbf8t&rid=200
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-08-06, 15:12

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

If Duren and Emoni commit, Memphis would have (arguably) 2 Top 5 players. And they played together for a month this summer, so something they may have discussed.

Penny is the Coach. Memphis legend. NBA star. That might appeal to high school kids.

Memphis is a bigger town than some other towns Emoni is considering. Might be better from a NIL perspective. And NIL $ might be more lucrative than playing in the G League.

Didn't realize you were such a huge Penny and Memphis fan. Go Tigers?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-06, 15:24

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Spot on analysis buddy. I guess my only thought is MSU must draw better TV ratings. Seems like it might be a better option to build his brand. Either way he's got some good options in front of him.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-06, 18:51

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Hey steve!  While Kingston is up getting me a beer, we can revisit this...

If Duren and Emoni commit, Memphis would have (arguably) 2 Top 5 players.  And they played together for a month this summer, so something they may have discussed.

Penny is the Coach.  Memphis legend.  NBA star.  That might appeal to high school kids.

Memphis is a bigger town than some other towns Emoni is considering.  Might be better from a NIL perspective.  And NIL $ might be more lucrative than playing in the G League.

Great discussion.  Thanks for your thoughts.  

Didn't realize you were such a huge Penny and Memphis fan. Go Tigers?

I'm just helping steve understand things.

[tw]1423777211014946823[/tw]

Last edited by NigelUno on 2021-08-06, 19:16; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-08-06, 19:02

Duren officially headed to Memphis
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-07, 09:46

Congrats to Memphis. I’m not on the Memphis board but I have a feeling their fans aren’t worried about egos, handlers/parents and money. In terms of progress cant believe how far behind fans from the north are vs the fans of the south.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-07, 10:35

steveschneider wrote:Congrats to Memphis. I’m not on the Memphis board but I have a feeling their fans aren’t worried about egos, handlers/parents and money. In terms of progress cant believe how far behind fans from the north are vs the fans of the south.

If we signed a high profile recruit, I would guess any hand wringing would be quickly replaced by 'Izzo will handle it'.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-09, 20:52

So until a few days ago I didn't know shit about Memphis' basketball program.

Gotta tell you the Memphis Pyramid, formally known as the "Great American Pyramid' was a pretty unique venue. Nowadays it is a Bass Pro Shop megastore. Now that they are landing some big time recruits might be a good idea to kick Bass out of the joint and reclaim it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-09, 21:40

steveschneider wrote:So until a few days ago I didn't know shit about Memphis' basketball program.

Gotta tell you the Memphis Pyramid, formally known as the "Great American Pyramid' was a pretty unique venue. Nowadays it is a Bass Pro Shop megastore. Now that they are landing some big time recruits might be a good idea to kick Bass out of the joint and reclaim it.

They have always had the potential to land big recruits. Over a decade ago some of the same people posting in this thread were probably flipping out when they landed Chris Douglas Roberts. Nigel probably got into a DSF with Tanfan over it. Memphis has a good history in basketball. No titles but multiple final fours and many more deep tournament runs.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-09, 21:46

Also, I don't know why this is so hard, but if the head coach of the MSU men's basketball team wants EB, that works for me. Sign me up for EB.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, Other Teams Pursuing That and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-08-09, 22:16

Turtleneck wrote:Also, I don't know why this is so hard, but if the head coach of the MSU men's basketball team wants EB, that works for me. Sign me up for EB.

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 10 969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-08-09, 22:32

Turtleneck wrote:Also, I don't know why this is so hard, but if the head coach of the MSU men's basketball team wants EB, that works for me. Sign me up for EB.

Epidermolysis Bullosa is generic turtle so I’m not sure that’s going to happen for Tom at this point. Probably for the best
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-09, 22:33

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:So until a few days ago I didn't know shit about Memphis' basketball program.

They have always had the potential to land big recruits. Over a decade ago some of the same people posting in this thread were probably flipping out when they landed Chris Douglas Roberts. Nigel probably got into a DSF with Tanfan over it. Memphis has a good history in basketball. No titles but multiple final fours and many more deep tournament runs.

Not bloody likely, Turtleneck. This place didn’t exist a decade ago. Duh.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-09, 22:42

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Not bloody likely, Turtleneck. This place didn’t exist a decade ago. Duh.

At the original Red Cedar message board, GreenWay. Did you post there? I feel like you only recently found out about the Internet.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-23, 23:31

College basketball recruiting: Predicting, ranking best options for Emoni Bates
A look at Bates' best options and where he might eventually land when he decides where he will play

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-recruiting-predicting-ranking-best-options-for-emoni-bates/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-08-24, 09:27

Good luck to Emoni!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-24, 09:30

You have to hand it to Mepmphis loading up that staff with Penny, 'sheed and Larry. Seems like a great way for a kid spend a semester on campus before going pro.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-24, 10:17

Turtleneck wrote:College basketball recruiting: Predicting, ranking best options for Emoni Bates
A look at Bates' best options and where he might eventually land when he decides where he will play

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-recruiting-predicting-ranking-best-options-for-emoni-bates/

If he wants the most exposure available to a college basketball player, the place to go is clearly Syracuse.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-24, 11:25

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:College basketball recruiting: Predicting, ranking best options for Emoni Bates

If he wants the most exposure available to a college basketball player, the place to go is clearly Syracuse.

I have a feeling Memphis is going to see a spike in TV ratings. Should be a fun team to watch this year. Lets just hope they stay healthy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-24, 20:57

[tw]1430298951589273608?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-08-24, 21:16

Turtleneck wrote:[tw]1430298951589273608?s=20[/tw]

Fucking Steve
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-24, 21:24

Who would have thought that it would be Memphis leading the way to the new era of college basketball? They hired Calipari when he was at the top his game and modernizing the game so I guess this shouldn't be shocking
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-24, 21:37

Great class. Not sure if Memphis is leading the way to a new era, but definitely making moves toward a strong program.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-08-24, 21:42

Meh... the new Kentucky. We saw how many ships they won. (Like 1?)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-08-24, 21:43

Apparently he already has a Memphis email address.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-24, 22:17

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Meh... the new Kentucky. We saw how many ships they won. (Like 1?)

Expectations are a bit lower at Memphis, but I see your point. Kentucky seems to have stalled.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-08-24, 22:28

steveschneider wrote:Who would have thought that it would be Memphis leading the way to the new era of college basketball? They hired Calipari when he was at the top his game and modernizing the game so I guess this shouldn't be shocking

The top of Calapri's game in those days was leaving programs in ruins, fucking Steve
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Cameron and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-08-24, 22:43

Have we reached the "what have you done for me lately?" phase of steve's love affair with Calipari? Tossing him aside for Memphis like he meant nothing, downright heartless.

Fucking steve...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-24, 23:02

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I have a feeling Memphis is going to see a spike in TV ratings. Should be a fun team to watch this year. Lets just hope they stay healthy stopped committing infractions.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-24, 23:07

steveschneider wrote:Who would have thought that it would be Memphis leading the way to the new era of college basketball? They hired Calipari when he was at the top his game just modernizing cheating so I guess this shouldn't be shocking
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-25, 06:25

duffy munn wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Who would have thought that it would be Memphis leading the way to the new era of college basketball? They hired Calipari when he was at the top his game and modernizing the game so I guess this shouldn't be shocking

The top of Calapri's game in those days was leaving programs in ruins, fucking Steve

Checks claim:

“ Calipari helped accelerate the construction of the Mullins Center, UMass' basketball and hockey facility. He also reached out to eastern Massachusetts and Boston to enlarge the fan base.”

“ On May 28, 2010, John Calipari, Derrick Rose, and University of Memphis athletic director R.C. Johnson reached a $100,000 out-of-court settlement with three attorneys who represented Memphis season ticket holders and threatened a lawsuit over the vacated 2007–08 season. Also as part of the settlement, Calipari donated his near-$232,000 bonus to the Memphis scholarship fund.[19]”

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-08-25, 07:27

Isn't the competition easier for Memphis? They don't play a P5 schedule. Great time to showcase your skills against HS kids, until they make the tourney, where they should be well rested. Great place to pad your stats.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-08-25, 07:38

steveschneider wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Checks claim:

“ Calipari helped accelerate the construction of the Mullins Center, UMass' basketball and hockey facility. He also reached out to eastern Massachusetts and Boston to enlarge the fan base.”

“ On May 28, 2010, John Calipari, Derrick Rose, and University of Memphis athletic director R.C. Johnson reached a $100,000 out-of-court settlement with three attorneys who represented Memphis season ticket holders and threatened a lawsuit over the vacated 2007–08 season. Also as part of the settlement, Calipari donated his near-$232,000 bonus to the Memphis scholarship fund.[19]”

Oh please. Umass completely fell off the map after Calipari and Marcus Camby. And are you really giving Cal credit for writing a check to avoid a potentially ugly law suit at Memphis? That didn't get them their 38 wins they had to vacate back.

Calipari is a scumbag, fucking Steve.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-08-25, 08:00

InTenSity wrote:Isn't the competition easier for Memphis? They don't play a P5 schedule. Great time to showcase your skills against HS kids, until they make the tourney, where they should be well rested. Great place to pad your stats.

Boom
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-25, 08:45

InTenSity wrote:Isn't the competition easier for Memphis? They don't play a P5 schedule. Great time to showcase your skills against HS kids, until they make the tourney, where they should be well rested. Great place to pad your stats.

Obviously AAC < Big Ten, but not exactly high school.

They play 2 Top 10 teams nonconference (Bama and VT), plus Tennessee and Ole Miss.

Houston made the Final Four last year.  Won't be as good this year. Wichita State is decent. After that, it drops off quickly.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-08-25, 09:11

Hmm, looks like the AAC has produced some top flight pro talent.

https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/American-Athletic-Conference/4/nba-players

A kid can do just fine playing there.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next