Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+26
Bill Cain
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
aualum06
Tim Wakefield
MattyFresh
Robert J Sakimano
I.B. Fine
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
SawGreen
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Rocinante
DWags
Banks2Mason
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Death Roe
Cameron
30 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-21, 14:26

Bill Cain wrote:I’m killing myself. Don’t worry, not physically. The only way for me to have a fulfilling life and the life I want is to say goodbye to the “little guy”. As my former sales boss said, “you’re getting there...but you’re still a little guy *thumb and index finger*. I have to be a man. I’m a good looking guy I just need to say goodbye to self defeating habits I’ve engaged in for a long time. Living with my parents almost encourages me to have this emotional wall built up to not be assertive.

I need to move out. I have friends now and I can do it.

The “little guy” isn’t getting laid very often. The little guy isn’t even little. He’s 5’10 and well hung.

It’s the only way. I don’t want to be depressed my entire life and I have to remove this wall.

Or I can keep the wall and be depressed the rest of my life and marry some raspy voice psychopath that treats me like shit. Because that’s the only girl who wants the wall.

I’ve made real progress. Every one around me including my doctor thinks I’m there. But I’m not.

Goodbye masochistic sissy boy. It’s time to be normal again.

What it is, is repressed anger. What I need to do is expresss my feelings outwardly and for those expressed feelings to be that of love and of service to others.

This show stinks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-05-21, 19:24

tGreenWay wrote:
Bill Cain wrote:I’m killing myself. Don’t worry, not physically. The only way for me to have a fulfilling life and the life I want is to say goodbye to the “little guy”. As my former sales boss said, “you’re getting there...but you’re still a little guy *thumb and index finger*. I have to be a man. I’m a good looking guy I just need to say goodbye to self defeating habits I’ve engaged in for a long time. Living with my parents almost encourages me to have this emotional wall built up to not be assertive.

The “little guy” isn’t getting laid very often. The little guy isn’t even little. He’s 5’10 and well hung.

It’s the only way. I don’t want to be depressed my entire life and I have to remove this wall.

Or I can keep the wall and be depressed the rest of my life and marry some raspy voice psychopath that treats me like shit. Because that’s the only girl who wants the wall.

I’ve made real progress. Every one around me including my doctor thinks I’m there. But I’m not.

What it is, is repressed anger. What I need to do is expresss my feelings outwardly and for those expressed feelings to be that of love and of service to others.

This show stinks.

The book wasn't any better.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-22, 00:43

John Oliver’s obsession with Adam Driver has been hilarious.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-05-22, 16:21

Probably cranking through Homecoming on prime this weekend... will report back to you....
(more than just Janelle Monae is hawt... but she is)

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 14 Janelle-monae-at-uglydolls-premiere-in-los-angeles-04-27-2019-4
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-22, 16:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

This show stinks.

The book wasn't any better.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 14 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2020-05-22, 19:54

sounds good
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-22, 20:00

Death Roe wrote:

sounds good

That’s it? No comment on Christopher Nolan’s upcoming release? Sheesh. You’re slipping, DR.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-05-22, 20:24

Last night I watched fast and furious presents Hobbs and Shaw, or something like that. I'm not really a fan of the series and went on with low expectations. I'm not saying rent it, but I also didn't feel like I wasted 2 hours in the movie either. I laughed, I cried, I kept wishing the the rain scene would have the main female braless, but she wasn't.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-22, 23:42

Did you actually cry?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-05-22, 23:46

Rocinante wrote:Did you actually cry?

You calling him a liar
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-05-24, 20:52

Homecoming season 2 is fast and worth it.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-05-24, 22:21

Maybe, why?
I'm in the last episode of the loop, an Amazon original. It's like a retro futuristic sci-fi. I'm not sure how to describe out, but the piano reminds me of the leftovers.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-05-25, 08:19

InTenSity wrote:
Maybe, why?
I'm in the last episode of the loop, an Amazon original. It's like a retro futuristic sci-fi. I'm not sure how to describe out, but the piano reminds me of the leftovers.
The Loop was good. Weird pacing when watching, but the stories were good.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-25, 11:37

InTenSity wrote:
Maybe, why?

It gives me insight into who you are. For instance, I cried while watching great performances with Scott Yoo learning about Bach. The way that he and others would just pick up their instruments and start hammering through some of the most complex and beautiful music ever written was moving to me. I also cried the first time I saw the notebook. Although I was in my 20s then. I don’t think I would cry now even if it were the first time I saw it. In different now.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-05-25, 12:22

[ig]CAmC5zkBIb6[/ig]
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2020-05-25, 20:51

Finally finished Better Call Saul season 5. What a great season.

I really hope Kim doesn't die.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-25, 21:31

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Homecoming season 2 is fast and worth it.

Fast? Good to know. That wasn’t the first year at all.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-25, 21:34

Jo Jo Rabbit was very good. Let’s call it a light-hearted black comedy.

Terminator Dark Fate was pretty good, too, but damn, Linda Hamilton’s face looks like forty miles of bad road. She’s spent way too much time getting tan and smoking Camel Unfiltered.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-05-26, 06:33

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Homecoming season 2 is fast and worth it.

tWife and I watched the whole thing in one night... Pacing was good too.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-28, 01:48

If you like homecoming you need to watch all of Mr. Robot. Basically it’s Mr. Robot’s less awesome stepchild.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-05-28, 08:03

Rocinante wrote:If you like homecoming you need to watch all of Mr. Robot. Basically it’s Mr. Robot’s less awesome stepchild.
I did. That was trippy in the middle. First and last seasons where pretty damn good.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-05-28, 09:14

InTenSity wrote:
Maybe, why?

The Leftovers was one of my favorite series of all time. Knew when to quit before flaming out.

I'm looking at you Game of Thrones.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-28, 10:54

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

tWife and I watched the whole thing in one night... Pacing was good too.

Good to know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-28, 10:55

Rocinante wrote:If you like homecoming you need to watch all of Mr. Robot. Basically it’s Mr. Robot’s less awesome stepchild.

Mrs. GreenWay mentioned that a few days ago. I’ve heard excellent reviews.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-05-28, 13:26

Inhuman Resources on Netflix.  It's a French 6-part series, but they have English dubbing (though I preferred it with the original French audio and subtitles, as the actors doing the dubbing kinda sucked).  It's about an unemployed 50-something that is on the verge of snapping.  Sounds cliche like that, but there are some good twists and turns.

The star is Eric Cantona, who happens to be one of my top few sports heroes of all time (Magic-esque), but he's been acting since he retired 23 years ago, and has carved out a pretty solid career as such.  So while I may be biased on this series, the reviews are pretty good, including for Cantona (don't confuse reviews for this with the 2012 film by the same name).

Last edited by MiamiSpartan on 2020-05-28, 13:27; edited 1 time in total
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-28, 13:27

tGreenWay wrote:

It’s up there with my favorite shows of all time but it’s not perfect.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-29, 03:24

The Vast of Night on Amazon.

If you’re a sci-fi guy, watch it. So good.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-29, 04:11

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It’s up there with my favorite shows of all time but it’s not perfect.

Perfect shows/series are a rare commodity.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-29, 04:15

Several episodes into Schitt’s Creek. I’m withholding my opinion for now in order to give this show a chance, especially because it’s Eugene Levy. I admit being surprised to see it’s in season 5.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-05-29, 09:39

tGreenWay wrote:Several episodes into Schitt’s Creek. I’m withholding my opinion for now in order to give this show a chance, especially because it’s Eugene Levy. I admit being surprised to see it’s in season 5.
It picks up... At some point the over the top-ness of the characters all feeds off itself and the writing becomes more substantial on some story lines.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-05-29, 09:47

Bay-Bay cracks me tFuck up... not sure why.

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-05-29, 10:04

Watched Uncut Gems last night. I don't get the hype. It was basically a two hour long panic attack with people shouting over top of others constantly. I guess if you're into that it's the movie for you.

Oh, Sandler's girlfriend in the movie has an ass that refuses to quit though. That was nice.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-05-29, 12:49

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Watched Uncut Gems last night. I don't get the hype. It was basically a two hour long panic attack with people shouting over top of others constantly. I guess if you're into that it's the movie for you.

Oh, Sandler's girlfriend in the movie has an ass that refuses to quit though. That was nice.

I watched it the other night. It kept me entertained enough.

But yeah, the near-constant yelling/whining gave me a fucking head ache. It fit in the context of the movie, though.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-05-31, 19:31

Watching season 1 of Counterpart and in the 3rd episode there's this commercial playing in a theater about having to report to authorities if you get sick and everyone is wearing face masks in public. This was three years ago. Very weird.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-01, 14:34

Watched Vault over the w/e. Not The Vault; Vault. It’s got Chazz Palminteri and a cast of mostly lesser knowns. Don Johnson makes a couple of appearances. Based on a true story and set in Rhode Island. Couple of crooks try to make what would be at the time the biggest vault heist in US history, and the money they’re stealing belongs to the Mafia.
It’s only okay. The writing isn’t great and the acting and story are both flat. I’d give it a 5, max.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-06-01, 15:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:Watching season 1 of Counterpart and in the 3rd episode there's this commercial playing in a theater about having to report to authorities if you get sick and everyone is wearing face masks in public. This was three years ago. Very weird.

That was a good show.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-06-01, 18:47

Rocinante wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Watching season 1 of Counterpart and in the 3rd episode there's this commercial playing in a theater about having to report to authorities if you get sick and everyone is wearing face masks in public. This was three years ago. Very weird.

That was a good show.

I generally don't like multi-dimensional or parallel universe plots (except for the one with evil Kirk in Star Trek TOS), but it's still holding my interest after 5-6 episodes. Simmons is killing it in both roles.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-06-12, 09:01

Early seasons Archer still make me laugh.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-21, 23:40

Watched Official Secrets today. Keira Knightley portrays Katharine Gun. Based on a true story from the UK involving the lies that got us into the Iraq War. Really enjoyed it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-21, 23:43

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Several episodes into Schitt’s Creek. I’m withholding my opinion for now in order to give this show a chance, especially because it’s Eugene Levy. I admit being surprised to see it’s in season 5.
It picks up... At some point the over the top-ness of the characters all feeds off itself and the writing becomes more substantial on some story lines.

Now into the second season and I’m really enjoying it. Also into season 2 of Handmaid’s Tale and still haven’t lost interest.

Enjoyed Ad Astra.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next