Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+26
Bill Cain
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
aualum06
Tim Wakefield
MattyFresh
Robert J Sakimano
I.B. Fine
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
SawGreen
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Rocinante
DWags
Banks2Mason
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Death Roe
Cameron
30 posters

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Nordic 2021-02-12, 07:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I've got beef with CBS. How about if they don't run their fucking creepy ass promos for Clarice with the blood and the screaming and the hair and the fucking lambs until after 10 PM? Or don't fucking run them at all. They ran about 20 of them during the Super Bowl. Uncouth.

The worst was a few years ago during the Puppy Bowl.... Yes, I watch the Puppy Bowl and love it... they were running promos for some true crime homicide series during every commercial break. Someone in the studio miss timed that ad slot.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-02-12, 11:10

MiamiSpartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

My 8 year old used to watch the Winx club but I don't think we saw anything like that. She isn't bothered by much so this stuff doesn't really phase her. BTW InTen, might want to watch what you post about here. Next time you bring up Kyle you might get jabbed at by Turtle and his superior sarcastic intellect about how tough you have things. Don't worry, the rest of us non-assholes here who actually have lives and loved ones that we care about will have your back. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 21 55953254

I was browsing Netflix last night and saw some Winx saga thing listed and remembered this post, so I stopped on it briefly to read the description. I noticed it's rated TV-MA, so yeah, good choice not to watch it with her. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 21 502811600

For the record, that's not what she used to watch. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 21 502811600

It was this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winx_Club
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-02-12, 11:15

tGreenWay wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Many scenes/things that have happened really grind my gears while making me eyeroll so I’m not sure I can stick with it. We shall see

Right there with you. Overall, I’ve enjoyed it, but some of things that have happened have gone beyond any ability to suspend disbelief.

I think I'm done after episode 2. I don't want to say it kinda sucks, but it does. Just cheap TV.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-12, 11:31

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Right there with you. Overall, I’ve enjoyed it, but some of things that have happened have gone beyond any ability to suspend disbelief.

I think I'm done after episode 2. I don't want to say it kinda sucks, but it does. Just cheap TV.

I hung on only because my wife wanted to keep watching. Turned out I liked it more than disliked it, but not by much. It’s a time killer, but that’s about it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-12, 11:33

Nordic wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I've got beef with CBS. How about if they don't run their fucking creepy ass promos for Clarice with the blood and the screaming and the hair and the fucking lambs until after 10 PM? Or don't fucking run them at all. They ran about 20 of them during the Super Bowl. Uncouth.

The worst was a few years ago during the Puppy Bowl.... Yes, I watch the Puppy Bowl and love it... they were running promos for some true crime homicide series during every commercial break. Someone in the studio miss timed that ad slot.

The Puppy Bowl is awesome. My dog has watched it with me in previous years, which made the experience even better.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-02-13, 01:09

[tw]1360468748902219780?s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-15, 02:31

Watched and liked Judas and the Black Messiah. The story of Fred Hampton and the work he did to grow the Chicago chapter of the Black Panther Party, only to be betrayed by William O’Neal, an informant for the FBI.
I think it’s in theaters and streaming (for a limited time) on HBO Max.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-02-26, 19:50

Most unrealistic scene in Avengers Age of Ultron: the wood chopping scene. That is not how wood splits. Shards don't go flying everywhere.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 21 294152859
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-02-26, 20:19

It's a superhero movie Nord.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-02-26, 20:37

So i picked up John Wick I-III from the library yesterday, almost done with II now. Has anyone tried to do a body count?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-02-26, 20:42

Floyd Robertson wrote:So i picked up John Wick I-III from the library yesterday, almost done with II now. Has anyone tried to do a body count?
There are still libraries?

Body counting the first John Wick would be tougher than trying to count the fucks in Scarface.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-02-26, 20:47

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:So i picked up John Wick I-III from the library yesterday, almost done with II now. Has anyone tried to do a body count?
There are still libraries?

Body counting the first John Wick would be tougher than trying to count the fucks in Scarface.

Yeah, I recently just started taking advantage of it. Lots of stuff in the inter-library system available for free. Well, the cost is patience I guess.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-02-26, 21:11

Dad?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-02-26, 21:22

Nordic wrote:

Dad?

Yeah, it does feel a little like going to Blockbuster 25 years ago.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-02-26, 21:31

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Dad?

Quick question, do you burn them to DVD?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-02-26, 21:41

Nordic wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

lol, I used to have a program that could decrypt, rip and build an ISO. No sense burning them. Not too practical with Blu Ray.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-02-27, 00:18

Y’all are going to be crying when the internet implodes and Floyd is sitting pretty with his DVD collection. I see you Floyd.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-27, 07:07

Finally saw the Chicago 7. I put my review over in the bin.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-02-27, 08:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Nordic wrote:

lol, I used to have a program that could decrypt, rip and build an ISO. No sense burning them. Not too practical with Blu Ray.
Ha. I have a home network with hundreds of movies I ripped. And recently torrented. That said, I still pay for netflix, disney, amazon....(Probably others somehow)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-02-27, 10:26

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Ha. I have a home network with hundreds of movies I ripped. And recently torrented. That said, I still pay for netflix, disney, amazon....(Probably others somehow)

That sounds like me with my Vista Ultimate HTPC in 2007.

I got rid of cable in early 2018 and went to Hulu live. Ditched those greedy Disney-owned pricks in December after their second 2020 price hike. Strictly OTA, Netflix and Prime now. Got out of torrents about a decade ago.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-02-27, 11:15

Anybody watch Nomadland on Hulu?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-02-27, 12:58

Floyd Robertson wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

That sounds like me with my Vista Ultimate HTPC in 2007.

I got rid of cable in early 2018 and went to Hulu live. Ditched those greedy Disney-owned pricks in December after their second 2020 price hike. Strictly OTA, Netflix and Prime now. Got out of torrents about a decade ago.
That's how I started... I now have Kodi boxes when Windows got rid of their media center.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-02-27, 16:39

Turtleneck wrote:Anybody watch Nomadland on Hulu?

Depressing. I watched it because it had all this critical acclaim and it looked like it had cool scenery from the commercials. But the lonely old person theme was a downer for me.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-02-27, 16:59

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Anybody watch Nomadland on Hulu?

Depressing.  I watched it because it had all this critical acclaim and it looked like it had cool scenery from the commercials.  But the lonely old person theme was a downer for me.  

Don’t watch Hillbilly Elegy.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-03-01, 13:36

Finally watched parasite. Very solid.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-01, 13:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Finally watched parasite. Very solid.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-01, 13:48

I watched Nomadland Saturday night. Good storytelling even though it was a bit depressing.

Saw an interesting article about the movie and how some of the people featured are from the actual nomadic group.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2021-02-25/nomadland-hulu-real-life-nomads
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-06, 20:13

Anyone watch American Gods on starz (or some shit)... I read the book and that was pretty good/interesting.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-03-06, 21:02

Watched a very interesting movie called Just Mercy. It’s the mostly true story about attorney Bryan Stephenson (played by huge Spartan fan Michael B. Jordan) and his career fighting to get the actually innocent off death row. That’s not an easy thing to do for a Black lawyer in Alabama. Enjoyed this almost as much as The Trial of the Chicago Seven, and more than Judas and the Black Messiah.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-03-06, 22:41

Turtleneck wrote:I watched Nomadland Saturday night. Good storytelling even though it was a bit depressing.

Saw an interesting article about the movie and how some of the people featured are from the actual nomadic group.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2021-02-25/nomadland-hulu-real-life-nomads

So I want to watch this but I think I need a healthy mind set to go into it. Do you leave depressed or fulfilled? I don’t think I can handle depressed right now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-03-07, 02:23

I just finished Coming To America sequel. It was... Better than I expected. That bar is low. But it laughed, a few times.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-07, 09:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I just finished Coming To America sequel. It was... Better than I expected. That bar is low. But it laughed, a few times.

Agreed. It was about what I expected for a sequel 30 years later. Some funny parts, some fan service, but not as good as the original.

Their side characters (barber shop guys, the preacher, the singer, etc.) were and still are the funniest bits for me.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-07, 16:31

Watched Ghandi last night. It's long but inspiring. Also, a good film about pacifism and kind of fitting to watch it the night before the 56th anniversary of peaceful protestors crossing the Edmund Pettus Bridge. I don't know how Ghandi showed so much restraint at points but that's why he's a legend.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-03-07, 17:50

I watched Croods 2 and tenet last night. I fell asleep during tenet, laughed during Croods.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-07, 20:46

Anyone watching Oprah?

Daaaaammmm... Yo baby too dark to be prince.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-07, 21:02

Daaaaammmm... I'm suicidal and you shitheads won't do anything.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-03-07, 21:19

Prince Harry doesn’t even have royal blood. The Royal Family was more than happy to let them go.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-07, 21:19

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Daaaaammmm... I'm suicidal and you shitheads won't do anything.

Is this about how the royal family is cool with the dude who flew around with Epstein, but are super upset over who a son married? Screw that family. Do we need to beat them down again?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-03-07, 21:21

Turtleneck wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Daaaaammmm... I'm suicidal and you shitheads won't do anything.

Is this about how the royal family is cool with the dude who flew around with Epstein, but are super upset over who a son married? Screw that family. Do we need to beat them down again?

He’s the bastard child of the Princess (by marriage) and some red head Polo guy.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-07, 21:23

Motown Spartan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

He’s the bastard child of the Princess (by marriage) and some red head Polo guy.

Dude, we fought a war to be free of this shit. Let it go.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next