Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+26
Bill Cain
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
aualum06
Tim Wakefield
MattyFresh
Robert J Sakimano
I.B. Fine
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
SawGreen
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Rocinante
DWags
Banks2Mason
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Death Roe
Cameron
30 posters

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by aualum06 Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:56 am

Thought I saw his name in the credits

https://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/noah-syndergaard-vikings-1.21417664
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:48 pm

We watched Soul tonight. Weird. Existential. Did not think I would like it after the first 15 minutes. I was hooked after about a half hour. Not really a kids movie I don't think. They both watched it and with some explanation my oldest said it was really good but I still don't think he got the majority of it. I would give this a shot. Kind of trippy.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:18 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:We watched Soul tonight. Weird. Existential. Did not think I would like it after the first 15 minutes. I was hooked after about a half hour. Not really a kids movie I don't think. They both watched it and with some explanation my oldest said it was really good but I still don't think he got the majority of it. I would give this a shot. Kind of trippy.

So there was a karate fight between the 15 and 30 minute marks?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:45 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:We watched Soul tonight. Weird. Existential. Did not think I would like it after the first 15 minutes. I was hooked after about a half hour. Not really a kids movie I don't think. They both watched it and with some explanation my oldest said it was really good but I still don't think he got the majority of it. I would give this a shot. Kind of trippy.
It feels like a movie my teenagers should watch (though they never will)...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:55 pm

The trial of the Chicago 7 is probably one of the better movies I've seen in awhile. Netflix, check it
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:07 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The trial of the Chicago 7 is probably one of the better movies I've seen in awhile. Netflix, check it

Read the book a long time ago and couldn’t put it down. Thanks for the recommendation.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:22 pm

Hot Rod is the best comedy of the last 20 years....
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:46 am

Band of brothers is money
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:47 am

I'm intrigued by The Wonder Years reboot but it's on network so I'm guessing it will be trash.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:57 pm

I've got beef with CBS. How about if they don't run their fucking creepy ass promos for Clarice with the blood and the screaming and the hair and the fucking lambs until after 10 PM? Or don't fucking run them at all. They ran about 20 of them during the Super Bowl. Uncouth.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:13 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I've got beef with CBS. How about if they don't run their fucking creepy ass promos for Clarice with the blood and the screaming and the hair and the fucking lambs until after 10 PM? Or don't fucking run them at all. They ran about 20 of them during the Super Bowl. Uncouth.
I was distracted during Superbowl, so I don't think I saw any of those commercials and I haven't seen any after either. Maybe it's just MI.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:15 pm

How about your honor on showtime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:58 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I've got beef with CBS. How about if they don't run their fucking creepy ass promos for Clarice with the blood and the screaming and the hair and the fucking lambs until after 10 PM? Or don't fucking run them at all. They ran about 20 of them during the Super Bowl. Uncouth.

Did you have to sleep with the lights on?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:05 am

Turtleneck wrote:

Did you have to sleep with the lights on?

And his creepy clown bat under the sheets next to him.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:30 am

InTenSity wrote:
I was distracted during Superbowl, so I don't think I saw any of those commercials and I haven't seen any after either. Maybe it's just MI.

I kind of noticed them a lot during the SuperBowl, but I didn't pay much attention, so they were on here, too.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:32 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:How about your honor on showtime

Really good. Finale this weekend. Seems like they have a lot to wrap up.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:58 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I kind of noticed them a lot during the SuperBowl, but I didn't pay much attention, so they were on here, too.

I honestly kind of think they are inappropriate to be running in family advertising windows. They should not have been running during the Super Bowl. I think that's bullshit. Run a different promo.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:51 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I honestly kind of think they are inappropriate to be running in family advertising windows. They should not have been running during the Super Bowl. I think that's bullshit. Run a different promo.

They've been getting some complaints about it for sure.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:00 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:How about your honor on showtime

Many scenes/things that have happened really grind my gears while making me eyeroll so I’m not sure I can stick with it. We shall see
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:41 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Wonder how much of it is projection by people who know what/why it's scary... Lambs and Clarice aren't scary to my 10 year old even if in a spooky voice. If she watched the movie, then probably.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:58 am

[tw]1359651184919924737[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:38 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Wonder how much of it is projection by people who know what/why it's scary... Lambs and Clarice aren't scary to my 10 year old even if in a spooky voice. If she watched the movie, then probably.

Not the case here, I can assure you. In fact I had to mansplain it as Hollywood running out of ideas and recycling an old movie to try to take some of the creep factor away. Didn't really work. It was more the blood, the screaming, the restraints, the creepy music, the blood, the lamb, the screaming, the torn hair and the blood that made it scary for an 11 year old kid that already has anxiety and doesn't sleep well. Who would have thought that combination would impart those sorts of thoughts in a child?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:29 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Not the case here, I can assure you. In fact I had to mansplain it as Hollywood running out of ideas and recycling an old movie to try to take some of the creep factor away. Didn't really work. It was more the blood, the screaming, the restraints, the creepy music, the blood, the lamb, the screaming, the torn hair and the blood that made it scary for an 11 year old kid that already has anxiety and doesn't sleep well. Who would have thought that combination would impart those sorts of thoughts in a child?

Well, this all sounds horrible, WBH. Has your family been able to start the healing process? Is there anything we can do? Hopefully the situation resolves itself over time, but I can see this leaving a massive scar. I hate to hear about tragedy within tSwill family. Thoughts and prayers, big guy.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:31 pm

Shut the fuck up Turtleneck. Seriously shut the fuck up. Pick your spots. Fucking douchebag.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:32 pm

Gosh. Just trying to show that we care about you.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:34 pm

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 20 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:37 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Gosh. Just trying to show that we care about you.

-1. Douchebag comment. Pick your spots better if you're capable.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:42 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Many scenes/things that have happened really grind my gears while making me eyeroll so I’m not sure I can stick with it. We shall see

Right there with you. Overall, I’ve enjoyed it, but some of things that have happened have gone beyond any ability to suspend disbelief.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:48 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1359651184919924737[/tw]

Watched the last half of that recently. Realized the senator’s daughter, Catherine Martin, at the bottom of the pit where Precious is looking in that pic, is played by the woman who is currently the psycho trooper’s wife in Big Sky.
The More You Know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:50 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Shut the fuck up Turtleneck. Seriously shut the fuck up. Pick your spots. Fucking douchebag.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 20 502811600

Turtleneck is the worst.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:57 pm

I feel you, WBH. It’s hard for kids to shake stuff like that. We are so overly protective of our 11 y/o that she’s never really seen anything remotely disturbing so things like a badly drawn illustration in a children’s book creep her out. Don’t know if that’s good or bad. I guess we’ll find out in 10 or 15 years when she can’t function in society. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Rocinante on Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

WhiteBoyHatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:57 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Right there with you. Overall, I’ve enjoyed it, but some of things that have happened have gone beyond any ability to suspend disbelief.

Like choosing the daughter of that guy over the teacher? I mean, dude, come the fuck on.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:03 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Like choosing the daughter of that guy over the teacher? I mean, dude, come the fuck on.

Utterly impossible to believe in the real world.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:32 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Shut the fuck up Turtleneck. Seriously shut the fuck up. Pick your spots. Fucking douchebag.
Dude, on Netflix there is some show called Winx, I think, something like that. I watched the trailer, on some show about fantasy fairies in high school. Maybe my 8 year old daughter wants to watch, I dunno.
In the first 5 minutes some guy follows a sheep into the woods and finds it in a tree with the intestines coming out. She looks at me and says, daddy, I don't think this is for me. I turned it off. I thought I'd share.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:12 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Dude, on Netflix there is some show called Winx, I think, something like that. I watched the trailer, on some show about fantasy fairies in high school. Maybe my 8 year old daughter wants to watch, I dunno.
In the first 5 minutes some guy follows a sheep into the woods and finds it in a tree with the intestines coming out. She looks at me and says, daddy, I don't think this is for me. I turned it off. I thought I'd share.

My 8 year old used to watch the Winx club but I don't think we saw anything like that. She isn't bothered by much so this stuff doesn't really phase her. BTW InTen, might want to watch what you post about here. Next time you bring up Kyle you might get jabbed at by Turtle and his superior sarcastic intellect about how tough you have things. Don't worry, the rest of us non-assholes here who actually have lives and loved ones that we care about will have your back. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 20 55953254
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:35 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

My 8 year old used to watch the Winx club but I don't think we saw anything like that. She isn't bothered by much so this stuff doesn't really phase her. BTW InTen, might want to watch what you post about here. Next time you bring up Kyle you might get jabbed at by Turtle and his superior sarcastic intellect about how tough you have things. Don't worry, the rest of us non-assholes here who actually have lives and loved ones that we care about will have your back. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 20 55953254
When Kyle sees bloody dead people, he walks around like a zombie. It's hilarious. He keeps wanting to watch kingdom.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and WhiteBoyHatcher like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:11 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I don’t mind having your back, but please don’t make me look at your front. You’re hideous.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:17 pm

OTPT is right about The Trial of the Chicago 7. It’s effing crazy. Yeah, I’d heard about the trial growing up, but was too young when it happened to pay any attention. I had no idea what a farce it was, both from the judge’s lunacy to the outbursts by the defendants. Aaron Sorkin takes liberties in the movie, but the conversations and conduct during trial stay pretty true to what actually happened, even if some things said were assigned to someone other than who actually said it. It’s both hilarious and sad.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:31 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I was browsing Netflix last night and saw some Winx saga thing listed and remembered this post, so I stopped on it briefly to read the description. I noticed it's rated TV-MA, so yeah, good choice not to watch it with her. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 20 502811600
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:35 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
I was browsing Netflix last night and saw some Winx saga thing listed and remembered this post, so I stopped on it briefly to read the description. I noticed it's rated TV-MA, so yeah, good choice not to watch it with her. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 20 502811600
Bewbs?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next