Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meh, no more football talk from me. It’s game day bitches.

+10
GRR Spartan
aualum06
I.B. Fine
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
kingstonlake
steveschneider
DWags
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Meh, no more football talk from me.  It’s game day bitches.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Meh, no more football talk from me. It’s game day bitches.

Post by DWags 2020-02-04, 22:51

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:I might need to drive up and kick someone’s ass. Fuck these refs

Do you get fined for a post game comment calling a guy a "bad ref"?

Explain please.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Meh, no more football talk from me.  It’s game day bitches.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Meh, no more football talk from me. It’s game day bitches.

Post by InTenSity 2020-02-04, 22:57

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Do you get fined for a post game comment calling a guy a "bad ref"?

Explain please.
Izzo, in an interview said that there was a bad foul called by a bad ref. Or something like that. I just happened to catch it because I was driving home and still had the game on. I think it was the post game radio interview.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-04, 23:03

InTenSity wrote:
DWags wrote:

Explain please.
Izzo, in an interview said that there was a bad foul called by a bad ref. Or something like that. I just happened to catch it because I was driving home and still had the game on. I think it was the post game radio interview.

Yes. On the Winston kick out foul.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-04, 23:05

This tweet didn't turn out well.  WBH's favorite guy replied though...

[tw]1224893770933723136[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-02-04, 23:08

I think a good example of Izzo's coaching this year has been Loyer's minutes. Izzo has been pretty consistent with his minutes, regardless of the score, to keep Cash fresh for March.

I could be wrong, but I believe tonight was the first time Loyer didn't see minutes in the 2nd half. He had 3 straight turnovers in the 1st (one which he also committed a foul) and I don't think he played again. It was the right move. Players gotta play.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-04, 23:13

I thought PSU out toughed us tonight. Looked like they wanted it more.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-02-04, 23:20

steveschneider wrote:I thought PSU out toughed us tonight. Looked like they wanted it more.

Loved they way they played. I'll pull for them in the tournie.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-04, 23:23

steveschneider wrote:I thought PSU out toughed us tonight. Looked like they wanted it more.

That's solid coach speak right there!

They're a damn good team for sure.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-02-04, 23:29

Death Roe wrote:13-7 finish at best. Sweet 16 if they're lucky.

This team got fat and sassy this offseason and hasn't really overcome the preseason accolades. This has not been a great coaching year from Izzo.

Fat and sassy isn’t the reason.

This team’s expectation along with the fans expectations had Langford, a lockdown defender and dependable scorer to make Winston/Langford/Tillman the 3 major scorers.

Hauser could have helped but that was never a sure thing then Arhens was injured again.

What was a Pre-Season #1 lost Langford for the season and Ahrens for a lot of planned minutes.  Henry has lost his starting spot to Brown and Izzo is starting a true freshman not named Watts.

Tonight PSU just out- muscled them, the overplaying on defense worked and PSU has their leading scorer go 6 of 8 behind the 3 pt line.  

Isn’t the first time a teams leading scorer shot lights out from 3 pt range to beat MSU at home.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-04, 23:38

GRR Spartan wrote:
Death Roe wrote:13-7 finish at best. Sweet 16 if they're lucky.

This team got fat and sassy this offseason and hasn't really overcome the preseason accolades. This has not been a great coaching year from Izzo.

Fat and sassy isn’t the reason.

This team’s expectation along with the fans expectations had Langford, a lockdown defender and dependable scorer to make Winston/Langford/Tillman the 3 major scorers.

Hauser could have helped but that was never a sure thing then Arhens was injured again.

What was a Pre-Season #1 lost Langford for the season and Ahrens for a lot of planned minutes.  Henry has lost his starting spot to Brown and Izzo is starting a true freshman not named Watts.

Tonight PSU just out- muscled them, the overplaying on defense worked and PSU has their leading scorer go 6 of 8 behind the 3 pt line.  

Isn’t the first time a teams leading scorer shot lights out from 3 pt range to beat MSU at home.

That kid was on fire.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-04, 23:44

Nordic wrote:

Yeah, I’m bummed we lost but definitely admire their grit. Even when we went up and the Breslin was rocking they stayed tough.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-04, 23:49

I don't think Izzo likes the twitter.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-04, 23:52

steveschneider wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Yeah, I’m bummed we lost but definitely admire their grit. Even when we went up and the Breslin was rocking they stayed tough.

Have always been my second fave bt b-ball team. Hate them tonight however
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-05, 07:54

The Good news is that both Tillman and Henry will be back next year. I think that's good news anyway.

Maybe Tillman goes if he gets hot the rest of the season, but Henry still hasn't improved his ball handling enough to leave.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2