Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob's Discount Furniture

+12
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
The Pantry
Senior Dickfist
steveschneider
tGreenWay
Jake from State Farm
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Dendrobates
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bob's Discount Furniture  Empty Bob's Discount Furniture

Post by Dendrobates 2020-02-19, 12:29

Anyone have any experience there? We're talking about moving this year, and I know we would need some new furniture.

Is the furniture good quality, and actual "discount" prices?

Would I be better off looking there instead of Art Van ?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bob's Discount Furniture  Empty Re: Bob's Discount Furniture

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-19, 12:31

I have no experience with Bob's but I'd try it just to avoid Art Van salespeople.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-19, 12:35

I have a couch in the basement, I think.. probably gonna help my daughter move it into her co-op in the summer. Other than that, I don't really have any extraneous furniture.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-02-19, 12:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I have a couch in the basement, I think.. probably gonna help my daughter move it into her co-op in the summer. Other than that, I don't really have any extraneous furniture.

I don’t mind taking a stroll in your house and checking everything out
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-02-19, 12:47

Where's Discount Dave when you really need him?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-19, 12:57

Dendrobates wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I have a couch in the basement, I think.. probably gonna help my daughter move it into her co-op in the summer. Other than that, I don't really have any extraneous furniture.

you're welcome to.

I always kinda joke that our basement area is sort of the end result of a music store crashing into a store for outdoor enthusiasts. A solid mix of a few guitars, a banjo, a drum kit.. maybe one of our daughter's old violas... a fiddle? Then there are kayaks, maybe 5-6 bikes.. XC skis, snowshoes, etc.

I do think there is a couch somewhere, but I wouldn't wish that on you. It's probably seen better days.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-19, 13:19

Dendrobates wrote:

Before you leave, mess up his album collection. Take them out and put things back randomly.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-19, 13:34

tGreenWay wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Before you leave, mess up his album collection. Take them out and put things back randomly.
I'm a rather casual dude but that might send me into a blinding fit of rage.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-19, 14:11

lol!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-19, 14:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'm a rather casual dude but that might send me into a blinding fit of rage.

Bob's Discount Furniture  502811600 Bob's Discount Furniture  2943907172
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2020-02-19, 15:53

Dendrobates wrote:Anyone have any experience there? We're talking about moving this year, and I know we would need some new furniture.

Is the furniture good quality,  and actual "discount" prices?

Would I be better off looking there instead of Art Van ?

Hmmm, I have no experience with Bob's Discount Furniture, but I am moving on Monday and have plans to buy some new furniture.  Mostly, I'm bummed that Bobby Sak does not own said establishment.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2020-02-19, 15:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

you're welcome to.

I always kinda joke that our basement area is sort of the end result of a music store crashing into a store for outdoor enthusiasts. A solid mix of a few guitars, a banjo, a drum kit.. maybe one of our daughter's old violas... a fiddle? Then there are kayaks, maybe 5-6 bikes.. XC skis, snowshoes, etc.

I do think there is a couch somewhere, but I wouldn't wish that on you. It's probably seen better days.

Bob, my basement is similar. Multiple guitars, amplifiers and stomp boxes, lots of backpacking/camping gear, a bike, a couch and an epic shit load of ammo for my gun collection, which I modeled after your arsenal!
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-02-19, 16:41

Wait for one of Art Van's coming bankruptcy sales. And as Floyd pointed out, try to dodge the sales people...send Nevets in first.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-02-19, 18:26

Bob's isn't as high pressure as ArtVan but you'll get a salesperson when you enter who will explain their products and selections. Prices are competitive.

Rather than an ArtVan or other furniture stores who buy from many companies and sell the brand, Bob's deals with a company to build their stock to Bob's specifications with limited options.  3 or 4 styles of couch and each is available in 3 fabric selections.  Same for bedroom and and dining sets and their Bob branded mattresses.

One of my wife's friend bought furniture from Bob's for her den and is happy with it.  Fair price and they delivered when they said they would.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2020-02-21, 15:58; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-19, 18:32

Senior Dickfist wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
you're welcome to.

Bob, my basement is similar. Multiple guitars, amplifiers and stomp boxes, lots of backpacking/camping gear, a bike, a couch and an epic shit load of ammo for my gun collection, which I modeled after your arsenal!
that makes us great Americans. Bob's Discount Furniture  969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-02-19, 18:39

Looking for a sectional couch. Willing to trade Springsteen merch.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-19, 19:08

Be careful buying from Bob. He only gets 2 and a half stars on yelp.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-02-20, 07:42

tGreenWay wrote:Be careful buying from Bob. He only gets 2 and a half stars on yelp.

and his furniture care package is way overpriced
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-20, 07:56

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Looking for a sectional couch. Willing to trade Springsteen merch.
Bob's Discount Furniture  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-02-20, 10:51

GRR Spartan wrote:Bob's isn't as high pressure as ArtVan but you'll get a salesperson when you enter who will explains their products and selections. Prices are competitive.

Rather than an ArtVan or other furniture stores who buy from many companies and sell the brand, Bob's deals with a company to build their stock to Bob's specifications with limited options. 3 or 4 styles of couch and each is available in 3 fabric selections. Same for bedroom and and dining sets and their Bob branded mattresses.

One of my wife's friend bought furniture from Bob's for her den and is happy with it. Fair price and they delivered when they said they would.

Thanks.
I will be checking it out. And hoping art van has a bankruptcy sale. Although ,, we know art van has their biggest sale of all time every week.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2020-02-21, 08:44

Dendrobates wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Bob's isn't as high pressure as ArtVan but you'll get a salesperson when you enter who will explains their products and selections. Prices are competitive.

Rather than an ArtVan or other furniture stores who buy from many companies and sell the brand, Bob's deals with a company to build their stock to Bob's specifications with limited options. 3 or 4 styles of couch and each is available in 3 fabric selections. Same for bedroom and and dining sets and their Bob branded mattresses.

One of my wife's friend bought furniture from Bob's for her den and is happy with it. Fair price and they delivered when they said they would.

Thanks.
I will be checking it out. And hoping art van has a bankruptcy sale. Although ,, we know art van has their biggest sale of all time every week.

Dendro, I think I might be going to Bob's this weekend. I cancelled an decent size Art Van order yesterday after having put up with enough of their incompetence. I'll let you know what I see.

P.S. If you do go to Art Van, don't tell them Dickfest sent ya. I'm pretty sure after yesterday you'd get "Soup Nazi'd" by mentioning my name.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-21, 10:27

Senior Dickfist wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Thanks.

Dendro, I think I might be going to Bob's this weekend. I cancelled an decent size Art Van order yesterday after having put up with enough of their incompetence. I'll let you know what I see.

P.S. If you do go to Art Van, don't tell them Dickfest sent ya. I'm pretty sure after yesterday you'd get "Soup Nazi'd" by mentioning my name.

I could go for some soup today.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-21, 10:29

I'm not a furniture expert, or a car tire expert. But I've usually found businesses which put the word "Discount" in their name, really aren't. But, maybe they are. Like I say, I'm no expert. Just bored and chiming in.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-21, 10:30

DWags wrote:I'm not a furniture expert, or a car tire expert. But I've usually found businesses which put the word "Discount" in their name, really aren't. But, maybe they are. Like I say, I'm no expert. Just bored and chiming in.

Thanks, Tim Staudt.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-02-21, 10:30

Having wonton soup for lunch.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-21, 11:00

tGreenWay wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:

Dendro, I think I might be going to Bob's this weekend.  I cancelled an decent size Art Van order yesterday after having put up with enough of their incompetence.  I'll let you know what I see.

P.S. If you do go to Art Van, don't tell them Dickfest sent ya.  I'm pretty sure after yesterday you'd get "Soup Nazi'd" by mentioning my name.

just ate some leftover schwarma from Woody's..

I wasn't anywhere near my furniture, though.. so, I'm not sure if that's pertinent to the thread.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-02-21, 11:02

Eating healthy for lunch.

Venison chili dogs with Koegel Beef franks with organic onions and mustard.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-02-21, 11:14

Senior Dickfist wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks! I’d like to hear how it is.
I could go and check it out just to see, but I haven’t had the chance lately. And if we do move to a new house, I’m not all sure what I will need. A big sectional couch Is for sure on the list though.

Recently, my MIL has sent back 3 of the same coffee table from art van. Each one has come with a chip on it. They weren’t entirely noticeable until she’s cleaning it, and looking at it. I don’t blame her for wanting something that is brand new to be chip free. But when is enough, enough?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-02-21, 11:15

Btw...
Will someone bring me some soup? I can’t eat a whole lot of food right now.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-02-21, 11:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I wasn't anywhere near my furniture, though.. so, I'm not sure if that's pertinent to the thread.

I miss that woodys bar. Closed down when i went to MSU.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-21, 11:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I miss that woodys bar. Closed down when i went to MSU.
I miss the Grand River location, as well - was walkable and a good alternative to the beer/burger scene.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-02-21, 16:07

Dendrobates wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:

Dendro, I think I might be going to Bob's this weekend.  I cancelled an decent size Art Van order yesterday after having put up with enough of their incompetence.  I'll let you know what I see.

P.S. If you do go to Art Van, don't tell them Dickfest sent ya.  I'm pretty sure after yesterday you'd get "Soup Nazi'd" by mentioning my name.

Thanks! I’d like to hear how it is.
I could go and check it out just to see, but I haven’t had the chance lately. And if we do move to a new house, I’m not all sure what I will need. A big sectional couch Is for sure on the list though.

Recently, my MIL has sent back 3 of the same coffee table from art van. Each one has come with a chip on it. They weren’t entirely noticeable until she’s cleaning it, and looking at it. I don’t blame her for wanting something that is brand new to be chip free. But when is enough, enough?

Furniture stores having financial challeneges have been know to repackage/recycle and hope the next customer doesn't notice the chip, dent or scratch that got the piece returned from a previous buyer.  Sometimes they repair the damage and return the items to the sales floor or warehouse.  

Wouldn't be surprised if your inlaw got a recycled pieces.  Given ArtVan's money problems recycling stock isn't out of the realm.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-02-21, 16:19

Dendrobates wrote:Btw...
Preggers again?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-02-21, 18:08

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:Btw...
Preggers again?

Yea......pale
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-02-21, 18:23

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Preggers again?

Yea......pale
Congrats!

Found out I'm gonna be a grandpa couple weeks ago. My youngest and his girlfriend of 3-4 years.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-02-21, 19:09

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Yea......pale
Congrats!

Found out I'm gonna be a grandpa couple weeks ago. My youngest and his girlfriend of 3-4 years.

Please wait at least a year before feeding it breakfast burritos, and 15 years before buying it cigarettes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-02-21, 19:52

Regular burritos are fine. It’s the egg in the breakfast ones. They can have egg.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-21, 21:56

Congrats, Dendro and Pantry!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2020-02-21, 22:09

Never been to a Bob's, but I think one just opened here in GR because I've seen his awful commercials a few times lately. We usually buy most of our furniture from Art Van. I hate their sales strategy but we've generally had good luck with the pieces we bought. When we moved earlier this year the sellers offered to sell us several pieces of their furniture as well. Never thought I'd like a corduroy couch but I find myself choosing it more often than our leather one now. It's very comfy.

Also congrats Dendro! I remember back a few years ago when you swore you'd never have children. You had a term for them that escapes me but it was hilarious. Now you're onto number two. Bob's Discount Furniture  55953254
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-02-21, 22:19

tGreenWay wrote:Congrats, Dendro and Pantry!
Thanks. I'm still trying to process the situation.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next