Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus - The Political Side

+24
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
Three_Putt_Par
Tim Wakefield
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
AvgMSUJoe
kingstonlake
MattyFresh
msugolfguy
GRR Spartan
InTenSity
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Nordic
28 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 19 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by DWags 2020-04-05, 02:41

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 19 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-05, 08:22

America is so fucking stupid and we get what we deserve.

It's just unfortunate that "getting what we deserve" no longer means white supremacist rallies, children in cages, women being raped and disabled people be mocked all at the hands of christians.

It now mean a tens of thousands of Americans dying alone.

It didn't have to be like this.. and decent Americans knew this was coming in November of 2016. No
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-05, 09:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:America is so fucking stupid and we get what we deserve.

It's just unfortunate that "getting what we deserve" no longer means white supremacist rallies, children in cages, women being raped and disabled people be mocked all at the hands of christians.

It now mean a tens of thousands of Americans dying alone.

It didn't have to be like this.. and decent Americans knew this was coming in November of 2016. No

Im privileged where I get to work from home and I’m likely going to be alright as long as I adhere to the quarantine recommendations.

This virus is disproportionately taking the lives of minorities as they are more likely to live in crowding or have to work essential services jobs. Jason Hargrove’s story sums it up. He seemed like a true blue collar American and he deserved better.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-04-05, 10:18

I don’t think Americans deserve this.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-05, 11:32

I don’t think it’s a surprise that a bad business man was elected and he’s running the country like one of his bad businesses. .
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-04-05, 12:49

Biden should not be afraid to openly blame the president for this whole thing. The spread of the virus, the economic meltdown, the unpreparedness, the deaths of thousands, all of it. And say “the Biden administration will put us on the long road to recovery just like the Obama administration did after the incompetence of another republican administration caused the economic meltdown of 2008.” He should talk about the role of government in people’s lives and what the lack of it leads to as seen in this crisis and the last. And he should never back down from blaming Trump and all his idiotic goons because it is their fault.

He’ll probably strike some conciliatory unity bullshit tone though.

Because Democrats
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-05, 13:32

steveschneider wrote:
This virus is disproportionately taking the lives of minorities as they are more likely to live in crowding or have to work essential services jobs. Jason Hargrove’s story sums it up. He seemed like a true blue collar American and he deserved better.
yep.

Which is why the racist bigoted christian sexual predator and his disgusting supporters don't care.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-06, 08:32

I'm starting to think that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator has some stock or other financial interest in the one drug, with his extensive history in practicing infectious disease, he keeps recommending.

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 19 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-04-06, 13:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm starting to think that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator has some stock or other financial interest in the one drug, with his extensive history in practicing infectious disease, he keeps recommending.

Trump is beholden to Duetche Bank who is beholden to Saudi investors.

Trump is beholden to Big Oil who got their tits In a wringer When they invested heavily in US production loans never considering Russia and the Saudi’s would start a price war cratering the loan market they created at home.

Trump is also beholden to Putin and Puntin’s oligarchs who have kept multiple Trump and Kushner owned developments afloat by paying above market prices for luxury addresses.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-06, 15:09

GRR Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm starting to think that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator has some stock or other financial interest in the one drug, with his extensive history in practicing infectious disease, he keeps recommending.

Trump is beholden to Big Oil who got their tits In a wringer When they invested heavily in US production loans never considering Russia and the Saudi’s would start a price war cratering the loan market they created at home.

Trump is also beholden to Putin and Puntin’s oligarchs who have kept multiple Trump and Kushner owned developments afloat by paying above market prices for luxury addresses.
oh, I know - it's just kind of funny watching our pro-life christian president sit back and smile as Americans die while he makes sure that Putin is happy.

But, yeah, Putin got him elected for a reason.

I hate to upset the fragile types around here, but I'm still waiting on Dr. Fauci to say/do something other than go along with the bloated sack of christian filth that wants/needs Americans to die - I mentioned the other day on the main board how he (Fauci) is in the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator's orbit and, therefore, tainted by his filth. People got all sorts of upset.

I saw a clip yesterday where Fauci just lets the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator sit there and prescribe medicine to a stupid American public and never says a word.. it would be nice if he said something.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-06, 15:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

oh, I know - it's just kind of funny watching our pro-life christian president sit back and smile as Americans die while he makes sure that Putin is happy.

I hate to upset the fragile types around here, but I'm still waiting on Dr. Fauci to say/do something other than go along with the bloated sack of christian filth that wants/needs Americans to die - I mentioned the other day on the main board how he (Fauci) is in the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator's orbit and, therefore, tainted by his filth. People got all sorts of upset.

I saw a clip yesterday where Fauci just lets the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator sit there and prescribe medicine to a stupid American public and never says a word.. it would be nice if he said something.

With all due respect Bob, you want him to say something so you can feel better personally? 51 republican senators said nothing. Not a word. They protected him when he tried to rig an election. You think they give damn about poor people and voters in urban areas dying? You think a public health official is gonna say something that’s gonna change the course of what’s going to happen. The best he can do is damage control. I firmly believe that.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-04-06, 16:20

GRR Spartan wrote:

Pretty sure part of the National Emergency includes buying 77 million barrels to stock up the SPR. Wonder how much that will end up costing?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-07, 05:57

Trump financially tied to the French company that makes chloroquine.

https://twitter.com/iansams/status/1247349588509495296?s=21

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-07, 06:05

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

With all due respect Bob, you want him to say something so you can feel better personally? 51 republican senators said nothing. Not a word. They protected him when he tried to rig an election.  You think they give damn about poor people and voters in urban areas dying? You think a public health official is gonna say something that’s gonna change the course of what’s going to happen. The best he can do is damage control. I firmly believe that.
I just want him to speak truth to all of the lies that are being spewed in front of him. That's all I'm asking for. Maybe I'm old fashioned.

I realize that none of them care about anything other than themselves. It's just something I point out from time to time.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-07, 10:14

DCIAP

[tw]1247527429616201730[/tw]

Shocking, right?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-07, 10:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:DCIAP

[tw]1247527429616201730[/tw]

Shocking, right?

I'm betting there's a connection to the private companies they are sending respirators to for the bidding wars. I saw a list of the companies this morning, just a matter of time before someone finds a link.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-04-07, 11:05

Grifters gonna grift. But who cares when it makes the librul heads explode?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-07, 12:25

Someone, a neutral guy - scientist in pharma industry, who has been SUPER informative about all of these studies and has spent a good deal of time explaining the reports and downplaying this drug - said that this is a red herring more or less. Apparently the profits from this drug is so small it doesn't even show up on sanofi's earnings reports. For what it's worth. Not sure if true, but he's been pretty spot on in my observation thus far.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-07, 12:29

^Above is in reference to the "covid" board on Spartanmag. Finding lots of good info from this guy.

At any rate, there and it seems across society, it is fucking bizarre and so typical the fight lining up about this drug. EVERYONE should want it to work. I hope it works. It's so so predictable that everyone and their brother seems to have ulterior motives for wanting it to work and/or not work. All because Dummy, who knows he's uber polarizing, opened his mouth about it prematurely. It caused hoarding, it caused idiots to buy aquarium supplies and take it pre-emptively and kill themselves, and it has the goddamn American public lining up on both sides to prove that it does/doesn't work. Irresponsible buffoon.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-07, 12:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:^Above is in reference to the "covid" board on Spartanmag. Finding lots of good info from this guy.

At any rate, there and it seems across society, it is fucking bizarre and so typical the fight lining up about this drug. EVERYONE should want it to work. I hope it works. It's so so predictable that everyone and their brother seems to have ulterior motives for wanting it to work and/or not work. All because Dummy, who knows he's uber polarizing, opened his mouth about it prematurely. It caused hoarding, it caused idiots to buy aquarium supplies and take it pre-emptively and kill themselves, and it has the goddamn American public lining up on both sides to prove that it does/doesn't work. Irresponsible buffoon.

Call me old fashioned but I'm sticking with experts and scientists.

Meanwhile, Dr Anthony Fauci, the country’s top infectious disease doctor, has repeatedly warned that there is no conclusive evidence to support using the drug. Asked whether it should be considered a treatment for Covid-19, he said on 24 March: “The answer is no.”

I'm hopeful for a cure but there's no scientific evidence that it works.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/06/hydroxychloroquine-trump-coronavirus-drug

Sounds like a 'miracle cure' from a con man.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-07, 13:11

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:^Above is in reference to the "covid" board on Spartanmag. Finding lots of good info from this guy.

Meanwhile, Dr Anthony Fauci, the country’s top infectious disease doctor, has repeatedly warned that there is no conclusive evidence to support using the drug. Asked whether it should be considered a treatment for Covid-19, he said on 24 March: “The answer is no.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/06/hydroxychloroquine-trump-coronavirus-drug

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 19 Giphy
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-07, 13:20

steveschneider wrote:

Seems you missed the point. Which is fine.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-07, 13:36

Trump Ousts Pandemic Spending Watchdog Known for Independence

WASHINGTON — President Trump moved on Tuesday to oust the leader of a new panel of watchdogs charged with overseeing how his administration spends trillions of taxpayer dollars in coronavirus pandemic relief, in the latest step in an abruptly unfolding White House power play over semi-independent inspectors general across the government.

The official, Glenn A. Fine, has been the acting inspector general for the Defense Department since before Mr. Trump took office. Last week, an umbrella group of agency inspectors general across the executive branch named him the chairman of a new Pandemic Response Accountability Committee with control of an $80 million budget to police how the government carries out the $2 trillion coronavirus relief bill.

But Mr. Trump has now abruptly named a different federal official — Sean O’Donnell, the Environmental Protection Agency’s inspector general — to be the acting inspector general for the Defense Department.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-07, 13:43

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You are touting insider info again and I provided you a good link so you can avoid another debacle like the Fickell Thread.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-04-07, 13:52

Escalated quickly it did
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-07, 13:57

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

You are touting insider info again and I provided you a good link so you can avoid another debacle like the Fickell Thread.

Yep. So far over your head.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-04-07, 14:30

I don’t think anyone wants it not to work wbh.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-04-07, 14:32

Floyd Robertson wrote:Trump Ousts Pandemic Spending Watchdog Known for Independence

WASHINGTON — President Trump moved on Tuesday to oust the leader of a new panel of watchdogs charged with overseeing how his administration spends trillions of taxpayer dollars in coronavirus pandemic relief, in the latest step in an abruptly unfolding White House power play over semi-independent inspectors general across the government.

The official, Glenn A. Fine, has been the acting inspector general for the Defense Department since before Mr. Trump took office. Last week, an umbrella group of agency inspectors general across the executive branch named him the chairman of a new Pandemic Response Accountability Committee with control of an $80 million budget to police how the government carries out the $2 trillion coronavirus relief bill.

But Mr. Trump has now abruptly named a different federal official — Sean O’Donnell, the Environmental Protection Agency’s inspector general — to be the acting inspector general for the Defense Department.

Gotta clear the path to do crimes.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-07, 14:35

I’m sure quite a few democrat politicians have expressed outrage.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-07, 14:44

the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator removes the person in charge of oversight of the coronavirus emergency funding.

President Donald Trump has removed the acting inspector general for the Defense Department, Glenn Fine, from his post -- a decision that means Fine will no longer chair the Pandemic Response Accountability Committee tasked with overseeing $2 trillion in emergency coronavirus funding.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-04-07, 14:49

The guy is an anti-vaxxer. There is nothing coming out of his mouth regarding medicine that I would trust. Leave it to the experts to talk about treatments, which he won't because he's a malignant narcissist.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-07, 20:16

it gets worse.

[tw]1247657858033844224[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-07, 20:50

Floyd Robertson wrote:it gets worse.

[tw]1247657858033844224[/tw]

Honestly, why wouldn’t he? The republicans party is basically a best friend mom. I mean the guy is still hiding his tax returns.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-08, 19:11

the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is pretending to be sad that the black community is getting hit hardest.

President Donald Trump also has recognized that black Americans are suffering worse outcomes from coronavirus.

"It's been disproportional. They're getting hit very hard," Trump said

"This is a real problem, and it's showing up very strongly in our data -- on the African American community. And we're doing everything in our power to address this challenge. It's a tremendous challenge. It's terrible."

and I'm sure the mainstream media folks just sat there and smiled.. didn't bring up the fact that he wants to take away healthcare from the most vulnerable among us, doesn't support paid time off when sick for low-wage earners, supports defunding urban school districts.. 'cause, ya know - we can't have 'them' educated and successful.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-08, 19:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is pretending to be sad that the black community is getting hit hardest.

President Donald Trump also has recognized that black Americans are suffering worse outcomes from coronavirus.

"It's been disproportional. They're getting hit very hard," Trump said

"This is a real problem, and it's showing up very strongly in our data -- on the African American community. And we're doing everything in our power to address this challenge. It's a tremendous challenge. It's terrible."

and I'm sure the mainstream media folks just sat there and smiled.. didn't bring up the fact that he wants to take away healthcare from the most vulnerable among us, doesn't support paid time off when sick for low-wage earners, supports defunding urban school districts.. 'cause, ya know - we can't have 'them' educated and successful.

It is hard to remember what the mainstream said about that specifically, as it blends together with the hundreds of other lies that they point out, delving into what is wrong with every word he says (most of which is fair, some of which is not), having every host and every pundit essentially say what an awful excuse for a person he is, etc.

They really have a funny way of showing their undying love and support for him.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-08, 19:43

By the way, I've about had it with him referring to the "1917" flu. No, just no. It started on 1918. Lasted to 1920. Was never in 1917. I'm sure this was pointed out to him several times, but he just doubles down by repeating it over and over.

I know, I know, it is minor compared to most of what he says/does, but I mean, come on. It can be a simple, honest mistake to be off by one year initially. But not over and over again. And it doesn't change almost any point made about that flu, so why not just say it correctly? Im not a big stickler for the exactness of historical dates (in most cases, I think it is about the most worthless thing a history teacher can put on a test). A couple of times recently he's said 1917-1918, to kind of acknowledge it, but still not changing what he said.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-08, 19:43

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is pretending to be sad that the black community is getting hit hardest.

It is hard to remember what the mainstream said about that specifically, as it blends together with the hundreds of other lies that they point out, delving into what is wrong with every word he says (most of which is fair, some of which is not), having every host and every pundit essentially say what an awful excuse for a person he is, etc.

They really have a funny way of showing their undying love and support for him.
it's disgusting though certainly not surprising.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-08, 19:45

MiamiSpartan wrote:By the way, I've about had it with him referring to the "1917" flu.  No, just no.  It started on 1918.  Lasted to 1920.  Was never in 1917.  I'm sure this was pointed out to him several times, but he just doubles down by repeating it over and over.

I know, I know, it is minor compared to most of what he says/does, but I mean, come on.  It can be a simple, honest mistake to be off by one year initially.  But not over and over again.  And it doesn't change almost any point made about that flu, so why not just say it correctly?  Im not a big stickler for the exactness of historical dates (in most cases, I think it is about the most worthless thing a history teacher can put on a test).  A couple of times recently he's said 1917-1918, to kind of acknowledge it, but still not changing what he said.
America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-08, 20:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Yep. So far over your head.

Show me a scientific study that says it's effective. The beauty of science is it doesn't have a bias. I can show you a study it's effective for Lupus.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-09, 18:26

Fucking Trump wants to bail out the airlines. Oh, and he just got off the phone with Putin and MBS Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 19 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next