Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+35
Trapper Gus
Probably CF
Pervis Muldoon
Dendrobates
aualum06
MSU addict
Motown Spartan
The Pantry
MattyFresh
y2kMgrad
WhiteBoyHatcher
Senior Dickfist
Rocinante
Wally Fairway
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
AvgMSUJoe
Heat Miser
Banks2Mason
Tim Wakefield
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
tGreenWay
steveschneider
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
kingstonlake
39 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 12 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-05-10, 06:49

DWags wrote:It appears it’s not just the big three sports coaches who get screwed by officials crowned fields and “deserved better”

[tw]1391560331495944194?s=21[/tw]

It's the culture. The Michigan Difference. We probably don't hear about it, but imagine the responses from the deans of various colleges there if they were to be asked about it when an academic program drops in the US News & World Report rankings.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 12 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-05-12, 12:28

So there was a big independent report that came out yesterday. I heard it was pretty scathing. This is just one angle.

[tw]1392516489966718978[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-22, 12:07

Nm
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-05-25, 19:03

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 12 Fb_img20
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson, Cameron, tGreenWay, Turtleneck, CORNER BLITZ and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-05-25, 19:13

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 12 502811600 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 12 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2021-05-25, 19:51

[ig]CPTXvOqJKGS[/ig]
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That, Turtleneck and aualum06 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-25, 20:22

aualum06 wrote:Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 12 Fb_img20

We have never given post of the year to another person's tweet, but this is in the running.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos and aualum06 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-05-26, 12:48

Fielding Yost sounds like a real asshole (not surprised)! Turns out he sat a black kid so Georgia Tech (overt racists) would play scUM. That's not the bad part though. He got kids kicked out of school that publicly protested against this!! Holy fuck!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-06-04, 17:08

Are they still looking for Vincent Smith's head?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, CORNER BLITZ and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-06-05, 08:38

Turtleneck wrote:Are they still looking for Vincent Smith's head?

Perfect response to the horrible call the refs made just prior.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-06-05, 19:42

Central defeats Michigan to eliminate them from the NCAA

Central and the MAC always have really decent baseball
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-06-09, 19:00

Not sure if this is the right thread, but things are about to get even uglier at UM.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-09, 19:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread, but things are about to get even uglier at UM.

The freshman coeds coming in are worse than usual?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-06-09, 20:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread, but things are about to get even uglier at UM.

Blue wall lead by Wojo and agelique already using the term, “Bo’s ADOPTED son who was estranged from him” Truly scum bags
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-06-09, 20:06

Yup. Not a single one of them is a real journalist. Terrible humans.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-06-10, 08:03

LOL. These bought and paid for cowards on 97.1 spent ten minutes so far on the biggest story in college football right now. Half of which Stoney spent laying out the tenuous relationship between Bo Scembechlers “step son”, his dad, and the university.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-06-10, 08:58

DWags wrote:

Blue wall lead by Wojo and agelique already using the term, “Bo’s ADOPTED son who was estranged from him” Truly scum bags

Maybe the son was estranged because the father did nothing. That would take a toll on a relationship.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-06-10, 09:16

Sandusky had a "tenuous" relationship with his stepson too.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-10, 10:20

I agree with you guys it's incredible how under-reported it is. We have example A of MSU and the coverage of the Nassar scandal and example B of Anderson and Bo and it's for the most part crickets. Is the indifference really because the victims were adult men?

I don't really want to see anyone subjected to the same type of BS coverage that Izzo and Dantonio got undeservedly but I do think the Bo statue and name on the building should come down. If they took down Joe Pa in Happy Valley they can take down Bo in Ann Arbor.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-06-10, 10:24

Well, Tapper is retweeting ESPN, so it's getting amplified a bit here and there.

[tw]1402989342553894916[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-06-10, 10:31

I'm not gonna play the equity game with this. I don't care about their mouthbreathing fans and any shade they threw. Just don't care. I love my school. My school fucked up badly and a lot of people got hurt. My school deserved a lot of shit. I don't really care about their school. Just weighing in. Carry on.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck, gomersbro and MSU addict like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-06-10, 10:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not gonna play the equity game with this. I don't care about their mouthbreathing fans and any shade they threw. Just don't care. I love my school. My school fucked up badly and a lot of people got hurt. My school deserved a lot of shit. I don't really care about their school. Just weighing in. Carry on.

Agreed. The media having to be dragged to the table is what angers me.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-10, 10:56

Read the article about his adopted son. Just wow.

"Bo Schembechler's son says he was sexually assaulted by Dr. Robert Anderson more than 50 years ago, and that when he told his dad, the University of Michigan's legendary football coach refused to hear about it and intervened to save the physician's job."

"The elder Schembechler, who was coaching his first season, went into a rage, told him he didn't want to hear about it and punched him in the chest so hard that he flew across the kitchen floor, his son said."

We now have a rationale reason to hate Bo.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-10, 13:02

steveschneider wrote:

I agree with you guys it's incredible how under-reported it is. We have example A of MSU and the coverage of the Nassar scandal and example B of Anderson and Bo and it's for the most part crickets. Is the indifference really because the victims were adult men?

I don't really want to see anyone subjected to the same type of BS coverage that Izzo and Dantonio got undeservedly but I do think the Bo statue and name on the building should come down. If they took down Joe Pa in Happy Valley they can take down Bo in Ann Arbor.

Well, yes, sexual assault on adult men is less horrific than on underage girls.  But it also gets less attention because Bo and the doctor are both dead.  It wont make as much news when you can't hold the doctor responsible, or Bo responsible for covering it up.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-10, 13:59

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Well, yes, sexual assault on adult men is less horrific than on underage girls.  But it also gets less attention because Bo and the doctor are both dead.  It wont make as much news when you can't hold the doctor responsible, or Bo responsible for covering it up.

It's still the fall of an icon. Anyone that grew up in Michigan in the 80's he was a state treasure and his ethos is at the core of one the nations most iconic sports brands to this day. I'm not looking for an equitable response to MSU but I am as puzzled as some why this isn't a bigger story. I'm not going to lose any sleep about it but it does strike me as odd and find it post worthy to say so.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-06-10, 14:06

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

It's still the fall of an icon. Anyone that grew up in Michigan in the 80's he was a state treasure and his ethos is at the core of one the nations most iconic sports brands to this day. I'm not looking for an equitable response to MSU but I am as puzzled as some why this isn't a bigger story. I'm not going to lose any sleep about it but it does strike me as odd and find it post worthy to say so.

It's not a bigger deal for a number of factors, obviously. It's hard to cancel the dead, and you can't get quotes from a rotting corpse.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-06-10, 14:15

Watched the presser. Brutal.

Matt Schembechlers opinion was that his dad kept it quiet because it gave him control over Anderson. If Anderson said a kid wasn’t medically cleared to play Bo could say “wanna bet”?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-10, 14:42

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

It's not a bigger deal for a number of factors, obviously. It's hard to cancel the dead, and you can't get quotes from a rotting corpse.

True. Another random thought the Det News and Freep seem more diminished these days from even a short while ago when the Nassar scandal broke. They might not have the resources to cover this stuff like they used to. I also wouldn't be surprised if the LSJ folded at some point in the near future.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-06-10, 14:52

Is it true Larry Nassar was a student of Anderson’s?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-10, 15:06

kingstonlake wrote:Watched the presser. Brutal.

Matt Schembechlers opinion was that his dad kept it quiet because it gave him control over Anderson. If Anderson said a kid wasn’t medically cleared to play Bo could say “wanna bet”?

Couldn't make it through more than a couple of minutes. Absolutely heartbreaking.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-06-10, 15:40

kingstonlake wrote:Watched the presser. Brutal.

Oh my god. If true that’s as horrifying as it gets. On many levels.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-06-10, 17:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not gonna play the equity game with this. I don't care about their mouthbreathing fans and any shade they threw. Just don't care. I love my school. My school fucked up badly and a lot of people got hurt. My school deserved a lot of shit. I don't really care about their school. Just weighing in. Carry on.

100% agree in regards to the two schools, WBH. There is no room to point fingers here, and given the nature of the situation, pointing fingers is a horrid look anyway. It is not the kind of situation you use to score status points against your rival.

I do detect some journalists not taking this as seriously. Sports journalism is at an all-time low in the U.S. So many so-called journalists are just hot take trolls or are willing to trade their journalistic integrity for $$$ and access. I do think that is worth pointing out. In this case, it might change as the story develops, so we will see.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-06-10, 18:00

If you believe Valenti he says he’s had conversations. More players are coming out. And it’s names you’ll recognize.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-06-11, 08:04

Jeff Reiger: This I know, Bo Schembechler is a monster

Mike Stone: I’m not gonna go that far.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-06-11, 08:11

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

The reaction on campus will be interesting. You might be right about taking Bo's name off the football building. I can see the statue coming down also. It really can't be ignored any more.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-06-11, 08:26

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 12 1486952199

Comparing this shit like it's championships or records against each other is fucking disgusting and should be called out. Be better.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-06-11, 08:50

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Comparing this shit like it's championships or records against each other is fucking disgusting and should be called out. Be better.

Sure.

Who are we calling out?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-06-11, 08:54

Agree. No harm in discussing the individuals or institutions responsibility in these shit shows.

I feel discussing the undeniable media blind eye up til now is worthy also. If anything it could also expose them.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-06-11, 09:01

kingstonlake wrote:

Agree. No harm in discussing the individuals or institutions responsibility in these shit shows.

I feel discussing the undeniable media blind eye up til now is worthy also. If anything it could also expose them.

Oh man a billion times this. Having some perverse joy in the fact that Michigan is "Getting their" and not thinking of the horror that you are having some type of satisfaction about is beyond sick. Pointing out a system in which media actively shills for a person, a political party, a university or whatever, and looks the other way when they should bring both good news and bad news to the light of day is fair game.

We've crossed that Rubicon so long ago as far as media being cheerleaders and not reporting facts that I do realize we will never return to what is considered a non biased media. But we at least can still point things out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-11, 09:54

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Oh man a billion times this. Having some perverse joy in the fact that Michigan is "Getting their" and not thinking of the horror that you are having some type of satisfaction about is beyond sick. Pointing out a system in which media actively shills for a person, a political party, a university or whatever, and looks the other way when they should bring both good news and bad news to the light of day is fair game.

We've crossed that Rubicon so long ago as far as media being cheerleaders and not reporting facts that I do realize we will never return to what is considered a non biased media. But we at least can still point things out.

Seems like the media coverage has picked up steam. The players having the courage to come forward has worked. It's all out there now and we know that Bo weaponized rape as a punishment to his football players. Bo Schembechler and doctor Anderson were monsters.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next