Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ot When did Tacos Surpass Burritos?

+19
StylesGShmooth
AvgMSUJoe
Floyd Robertson
pulling69
kingstonlake
Nordic
The Pantry
Rocinante
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
MiamiSpartan
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
DWags
NigelUno
Motown Spartan
Tim Wakefield
steveschneider
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ot When did Tacos Surpass Burritos? Empty ot When did Tacos Surpass Burritos?

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-24, 09:43

For a good chunk of my life I always went for the burrito and a taco was more or less a 'snack' in between meals. Seemed like burrito shops just dominated back in the day and if it was your shop it was a point of pride to boast about the size of your burritos.

How the times have changed. Now a days when I go for Mexican food it's generally tacos. I love them and I think they are a global treasure. Also, my perception of burritos has completely changed. I don't crave them anymore. Was it the trucks? Or did some marketing genius come up with a way to make the taco #1? I don't know what it is but these days my go to Mexican dish is tacos.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

ot When did Tacos Surpass Burritos? Empty Re: ot When did Tacos Surpass Burritos?

Post by Tim Wakefield 2020-06-24, 09:46

This is ridiculous
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ot When did Tacos Surpass Burritos? Empty Re: ot When did Tacos Surpass Burritos?

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-24, 09:47

When? I don’t know. But why? Variety.

3 small tacos, change up the fillings is way better than 1 big fat burrito.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-06-24, 09:49

It's not called Burrito Bell for a reason.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-06-24, 09:50

At eleventynever o’clock on the 45th day Neverber
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-24, 09:52

Motown Spartan wrote:When? I don’t know. But why? Variety.

I think you are onto something here. Also the meat usually comes out better for the tacos than the burritos. A little more char? I don't know but they are so good.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-24, 09:53

NigelUno wrote:It's not called Burrito Bell for a reason.

ot When did Tacos Surpass Burritos? 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-24, 09:53

steveschneider wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:When? I don’t know. But why? Variety.

I think you are onto something here. Also the meat usually comes out better for the tacos than the burritos. A little more char? I don't know but they are so good.

Hard shell ratio of crunch per bite too.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-06-24, 09:55

For the love of all that is good, please find Cam and bring him back to the board to check this nonsense.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-24, 09:56

Tim Wakefield wrote:This is ridiculous

You still a burrito guy? Maybe it's just an age thing. In my 20's you wouldn't ever catch me choosing a taco over a burrito.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-24, 09:58

steveschneider wrote:

You still a burrito guy? Maybe it's just an age thing. In my 20's you wouldn't ever catch me choosing a taco over a burrito.

Pancheros man, Pancheros.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-06-24, 10:02

Kroger has some hamburger mixed with porkburger for sale. The meat guy says it is really good on tacos. I prefer shredded beef myself so I didn't buy any.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-06-24, 10:03

Tacos have always been the dominant Mexican food (Americanized).

I think you're just referring to the hipster trends toward Mexican food that has changed like any other trends.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-24, 10:05

Motown Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Pancheros man, Pancheros.

I almost got in a fight in Pancheros. I was waiting in line for my burrito, I looked around and me and this guy made eye contact and he goes 'what are you looking at?'. I was like I don't know man I'm just bored waiting for them to make my burrito and I looked around and we just saw each other. After that it was like note to self when in line for burrito just keep looking straight ahead.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2020-06-24, 10:27

steveschneider wrote:

I guess if we're talking authentic comida latina then it's tacos for sure. Seeing as I'm stuck in the US for the foreseeable future, you won't catch me having tacos when I can have a big ass burrito instead
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-24, 10:35

Scheduled to happen on the second Tuesday of next week.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-06-24, 10:41

It’s not called L S Taco for nothing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-24, 10:47

DWags wrote:It’s not called L S Taco for nothing.

Interesting call out, I find El Ezteco's tacos disgusting. I prefer their fribur to the taco. I always heard wild rumors that Art put a little cocaine in his beans so maybe that explains why.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-06-24, 10:59

What the fuck? This is worse than the Big Ben thread. Burritos, tacos, quesadillas. They're all good. Shut up and eat.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-06-24, 11:08

Turtleneck wrote:For the love of all that is good, please find Cam and bring him back to the board to check this nonsense.

I'm just one man. I can't contain steve's nonsense alone. Steve is like a fire hydrant of stupidity, and all I've got is my bare hands to try and stop the flow. Some stupid is gonna get through, sorry.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-24, 11:10

Cameron wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:For the love of all that is good, please find Cam and bring him back to the board to check this nonsense.

I'm just one man. I can't contain steve's nonsense alone. Steve is like a fire hydrant of stupidity, and all I've got is my bare hands to try and stop the flow. Some stupid is gonna get through, sorry.

Turtleneck you are calling upon someone that mixes Mnt. Dew with whiskey, rum with red bull and Gin with Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice to win an argument about food? ot When did Tacos Surpass Burritos? 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-24, 11:18

MiamiSpartan wrote:Tacos have always been the dominant Mexican food (Americanized).

I think you're just referring to the hipster trends toward Mexican food that has changed like any other trends.

Probably right. I think the people sticking by the burrito haven't had a really good taco yet. People you gotta get the ones on the little disc shaped tortillas. That shit will blow your mind.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-06-24, 11:29

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Turtleneck you are calling upon someone that mixes Mnt. Dew with whiskey, rum with red bull and Gin with Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice to win an argument about food? ot When did Tacos Surpass Burritos? 502811600

I never specified Ocean Spray, weirdo. Furthermore, I would argue that, of your three examples, only the Mountain Dew/whiskey combo is really objectionable.

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Tacos have always been the dominant Mexican food (Americanized).

Probably right. I think the people sticking by the burrito haven't had a really good taco yet. People you gotta get the ones on the little disc shaped tortillas. That shit will blow your mind.

Fuck me, where to start? Firstly, tacos are the cheeseburger of Mexican cuisine. The premise of your thread and post assumes there was ever a time tacos trailed burritos in fame, and that's just ridiculous. Lastly, "disc shaped tortillas," really? Do they come in any other fucking shape? What the fuck are you on about?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-24, 11:37

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I never specified Ocean Spray, weirdo. Furthermore, I would argue that, of your three examples, only the Mountain Dew/whiskey combo is really objectionable.

steveschneider wrote:

Fuck me, where to start? Firstly, tacos are the cheeseburger of Mexican cuisine. The premise of your thread and post assumes there was ever a time tacos trailed burritos in fame, and that's just ridiculous. Lastly, "disc shaped tortillas," really? Do they come in any other fucking shape? What the fuck are you on about?

See post in bold, I rest my case.

Do they come in any other fucking shape?

To answer your question yes. The hardshell ones are concave not flat.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-24, 12:02

steveschneider wrote:For a good chunk of my life I always went for the burrito and a taco was more or less a 'snack' in between meals. Seemed like burrito shops just dominated back in the day and if it was your shop it was a point of pride to boast about the size of your burritos.

How the times have changed. Now a days when I go for Mexican food it's generally tacos. I love them and I think they are a global treasure. Also, my perception of burritos has completely changed. I don't crave them anymore. Was it the trucks? Or did some marketing genius come up with a way to make the taco #1? I don't know what it is but these days my go to Mexican dish is tacos.

Considering you’ve admitted to snacking on tacos between burrito bookends, it would appear the operative word is chunk.
Remember to get your cholesterol and BP checked regularly, tubby.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-06-24, 12:26

I’m pretty old and prolly getting a bit senile. My daily conversations are taking on a life like this thread. So I thank you. It makes me less confused each day. Tacos vs burritos has turned into Mountain Dew and whiskey.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-06-24, 12:36

They’re completely different. They are just both Mexican.

When did beef stew surpass mashed potatoes and gravy?

So racist.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-24, 12:39

How about a bunch of small burritos as the filling for a big taco?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-06-24, 12:41

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Those are no longer tortillas at that point, they're just shells. Formerly flat, disc shaped tortillas, but no longer tortillas, so I think Cam's point stands.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-24, 13:14

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Those are no longer tortillas at that point, they're just shells. Formerly flat, disc shaped tortillas, but no longer tortillas, so I think Cam's point stands.

Got me on a technicality.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-06-24, 13:24

Motown Spartan wrote:How about a bunch of small burritos as the filling for a big taco?

Is that some sick reference to a Gang bang? Mods ban him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-06-24, 13:28

El Oasis > El Az
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-24, 13:57

DWags wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:How about a bunch of small burritos as the filling for a big taco?

I think he might be onto something. If they made three smaller burritos and you could choose different meat fillings for each tiny burrito this might help the burrito overtake the taco.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-06-24, 14:02

DWags wrote:

Where's the tolerance for alternative lifestyles. Who and where someone wants to sauce their burritos is up to them.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-06-24, 15:22

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

I think he might be onto something. If they made three smaller burritos and you could choose different meat fillings for each tiny burrito this might help the burrito overtake the taco.

Why does it have to be meat, Steve? Why do you insist on murder as a solution to your burrito problem?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-24, 15:28

DWags wrote:I’m pretty old and prolly getting a bit senile. My daily conversations are taking on a life like this thread. So I thank you. It makes me less confused each day. Tacos vs burritos has turned into Mountain Dew and whiskey.

In an effort to slow your dementia, I advise you to avoid reddit comments.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-24, 15:31

With a heaping helping of the herp on the side? Pervert.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-06-24, 16:58

Tacos are perceived as less heavy / healthier.

ot When did Tacos Surpass Burritos? 20171011
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-24, 17:07

The Pantry wrote:Tacos are perceived as less heavy / healthier.

ot When did Tacos Surpass Burritos? 20171011

Man those look amazing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-06-24, 17:12

From nearby Oaxaca.  Delicious.  My only gripe is they tend to over salt a bit.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next