Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favor to ask the board. Purchasing a t.v. tomorrow unless you all talk me out of it.

Go down

Favor to ask the board.  Purchasing a t.v. tomorrow unless you all talk me out of it. Empty Favor to ask the board. Purchasing a t.v. tomorrow unless you all talk me out of it.

Post by DWags on 2020-07-29, 22:16

I really did the research, tried to figure what's good for five or so years. Found this at Sam's club for 970 bucks. Tell me if you're in the kknow if I should bring it home tomorrow or should I get soething else for 1K?

Thanks. NO arguing. Just facts.

Favor to ask the board.  Purchasing a t.v. tomorrow unless you all talk me out of it. Img_3210
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Favor to ask the board.  Purchasing a t.v. tomorrow unless you all talk me out of it. Empty Re: Favor to ask the board. Purchasing a t.v. tomorrow unless you all talk me out of it.

Post by y2kMgrad on 2020-07-29, 22:23

Nice TV. What size is that? Amazon has the 65" q60 for $800.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Favor to ask the board.  Purchasing a t.v. tomorrow unless you all talk me out of it. Empty Re: Favor to ask the board. Purchasing a t.v. tomorrow unless you all talk me out of it.

Post by DWags on 2020-07-29, 22:25

y2kMgrad wrote:Nice TV. What size is that? Amazon has the 65" q60 for $800.

It' s65. Maxed out on our wall size.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2020-07-29, 22:31

DWags wrote:I really did the research, tried to figure what's good for five or so years. Found this at Sam's club for 970 bucks. Tell me if you're in the kknow if I should bring it home tomorrow or should I get soething else for 1K?

Thanks. NO arguing. Just facts.

Favor to ask the board.  Purchasing a t.v. tomorrow unless you all talk me out of it. Img_3210

Bring it home, but get it at Best Buy for $799
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-07-29, 22:38

slickdeals.net
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-07-29, 22:41

Samsung makes good TVs. I've got a 10+ year LED and plasma Samsung. Would love for them to blow so I can get bigger ones.

TL;DR Doesn't matter, once you get it home you won't know the damn difference (except wbh)

Last edited by Nordic on 2020-07-29, 22:45; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad on 2020-07-29, 22:45

DWags wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:Nice TV. What size is that? Amazon has the 65" q60 for $800.

It' s65.  Maxed out on our wall size.  

For $800 you're getting a very nice panel. I'm sure you'll love it.

And tell the bf to keep his damn water away from it this time! Favor to ask the board.  Purchasing a t.v. tomorrow unless you all talk me out of it. 502811600
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-07-29, 22:47

Best Buy has a bunch of 65 inchas on sale *insert illegal best buy link here*

TBH I think it's impossible to go wrong with a TV these days and you'll like whatever you get

Did you check the return/display corner at Sam's? They sometimes have crazy TV deals. Got a display vizio probably 10+ years ago that still works perfectly (for a tailgate TV).
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-07-30, 00:39

Pretty sure that’s either just like one I got a couple of years ago, or very similar. I’d have to check the paperwork. If it’s the exact same model, you’re getting it at a much better price.
About the tv: It’s the one we watch the most b/c it’s in the family room. Absolutely love it. If Spartan FB and BB ever come back, you’re going to lose your mind over how beautiful the picture is.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2020-07-30, 00:40

I have LG oled. I'd recommend that but understand if you don't want top of the line.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser on 2020-07-30, 00:40

I've got a 65" TCL Roku that I'm very happy with. Favor to ask the board.  Purchasing a t.v. tomorrow unless you all talk me out of it. 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-07-30, 06:11

ya makin' that kid who dumped beer all over the other one pay for it?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-30, 06:25

Looks good to me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-30, 06:30

I’ve watched MSU beat OSU, Duke and trouble with the snap on my Samsung. No complaints.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-07-30, 07:23

I won a tv two weeks ago at a golf outing dwags and I don’t know what to do with it because I didn’t really need one but you cannot have it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-07-30, 09:11

Nordic wrote:Samsung makes good TVs. I've got a 10+ year LED and plasma Samsung. Would love for them to blow so I can get bigger ones.

TL;DR Doesn't matter, once you get it home you won't know the damn difference (except wbh)

Agree, I really like my Samsung. Good apps and Smart TV interface.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict on 2020-07-30, 09:31

It is a solid choice for a TV, but as others have said it can probably be found for less.  

To answer your question better I would need to know the lighting in the room and the TV's intended use.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-07-30, 09:59

Is "QLED" better than "OLED"?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-07-30, 11:00

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-07-30, 11:02

MSU addict wrote:It is a solid choice for a TV, but as others have said it can probably be found for less.  

To answer your question better I would need to know the lighting in the room and the TV's intended use.

I remember asking the sales guy about which TVs perform better in bright rooms vs. darker rooms. I got an explanation that actually led me to the Samsung QN65 4K I now have. If that’s the same tv DWags is buying today, he’s getting one that performs well in well lit and dark rooms.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-07-30, 11:24

FR though, check around the corner at Sam's for the discount TVs
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict on 2020-07-30, 12:17

tGreenWay wrote:
MSU addict wrote:It is a solid choice for a TV, but as others have said it can probably be found for less.  

I remember asking the sales guy about which TVs perform better in bright rooms vs. darker rooms. I got an explanation that actually led me to the Samsung QN65 4K I now have. If that’s the same tv DWags is buying today, he’s getting one that performs well in well lit and dark rooms.

No TV is perfect, there are always tradeoffs.  That TV will perform well in bright rooms.  The tradeoff is that it does not do well with poorly lit scenes - where the screen is mostly black/dark - typically found in movies but not for instance, sports.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-07-30, 13:34

MSU addict wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

No TV is perfect, there are always tradeoffs.  That TV will perform well in bright rooms.  The tradeoff is that it does not do well with poorly lit scenes - where the screen is mostly black/dark - typically found in movies but not for instance, sports.

I haven’t found that to be the case, but I guess I would need a side by side comparison to really appreciate your point.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict on 2020-07-30, 13:43

tGreenWay wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

I haven’t found that to be the case, but I guess I would need a side by side comparison to really appreciate your point.
tGreenWay wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

Closest thing I could find online (granted this is basically a OLED commercial purposely highlighting its strengths and showing none of the negatives).  

MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 on 2020-07-30, 21:54

Does it come with the pallets?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-07-30, 21:56

It’s much nicer than my TV
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-07-30, 22:12

Pulling the trigger on a new sound bar with a sub woofer or going surround sound?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad on 2020-07-30, 22:29

Heat Miser wrote:I've got a 65" TCL Roku that I'm very happy with. Favor to ask the board.  Purchasing a t.v. tomorrow unless you all talk me out of it. 2599972566

We bought a TCL for the bedroom. I love the Roku interface and the simplicity of the remote. Excellent TV for what we paid. Might even be my favorite TV in the house.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSUgöat on 2020-07-31, 09:08

I have a Q70 model. Picture quality is outstanding. Mine unfortunately suffers from some software bugs. Set will sometimes turn itself back on after being turned off. It also has hdmi handshaking issues when switching inputs. Samsung support is totally useless. So, I've learned to live with these inconveniences because the rest of it is amazing.
MSUgöat
MSUgöat
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2020-07-31, 09:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Is "QLED" better than "OLED"?

No
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum