Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2020 Presidential campaign.

+21
InTenSity
The Pantry
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
DWags
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
NigelUno
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rick Saunders
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Rocinante
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
25 posters

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 7 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by steveschneider Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 11:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Just finished listening to the speech. He crushed it and reinforced to me why I felt like he was the right person to lead us out of our current national nightmare. He identified all the issues with Trump and proposed sane solutions to all the problems he's created. Also, out of all the dem candidates I believed from day one he's the best equipped to be a healer and a uniter and this country needs it.

Solutions? Did you listen to the same speech i did? There were no specifics. Not saying it was a bad speech or anything but sane solutions is not what i walked away with.

I get your point, but he addressed the pandemic and said from day one he would get it under control and get the country back on track. Also, noted in his speech he'd tax the wealthy one percent that pay almost no taxes and he also noted the environment. He also he'd stand up to Putin for bounties on our soldiers and protect our elections. All things worth fighting for if you ask me and a better direction than the one we are headed.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 7 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by steveschneider Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 11:49

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Solutions? Did you listen to the same speech i did? There were no specifics. Not saying it was a bad speech or anything but sane solutions is not what i walked away with.

I lifted this from a NYT "On Politics" email that they're nice enough to send me twice a day.

The week was light on policy and heavy on character. Mr. Biden didn’t offer many more specifics in his address, though his campaign has released reams of policy plans. He outlined what he sees as the four crises facing the nation — the pandemic, the economy, racial injustice and climate change — and laid out a few ideas, including a national mask mandate.

He said he'd also tax the wealthy, even Bill Gates says it's time to tax people like himself and he also said he'd come up with a national plan to contain the pandemic. Getting the pandemic under control is in stark contrast to saying it will disappear, cutting testing so the numbers go down, telling people to inject their selves with bleach/lysol....

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 11:55

steveschneider wrote:Just finished listening to the speech. He crushed it and reinforced to me why I felt like he was the right person to lead us out of our current national nightmare. He identified all the issues with Trump and proposed sane solutions to all the problems he's created. Also, out of all the dem candidates I believed from day one he's the best equipped to be a healer and a uniter and this country needs it.

if you tune into a convention acceptance speech looking for 'sane solutions', you're gonna be disappointed.

(by the way, the 'sane solution' is that Biden isn't a sexual predator who mocks disabled people while locking children in cages and presiding over the worst economy since The Great Depression while colluding with a foreign adversary as 178,000+ Americans die a preventable death because of his disgust of humanity and emotional/intellectual incompetence).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 12:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

if you tune into a convention acceptance speech looking for 'sane solutions', you're gonna be disappointed.

(by the way, the 'sane solution' is that Biden isn't a sexual predator who mocks disabled people while locking children in cages and presiding over the worst economy since The Great Depression while colluding with a foreign adversary as 178,000+ Americans die a preventable death because of his disgust of humanity and emotional/intellectual incompetence).

How about we revise it to a 'a sane vision'.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 12:36

Person Woman Man Camera TV
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 12:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I wasn’t looking for sane solutions, more just asking Steve what sane solutions he was talking about. Appreciate the clarification.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 12:43

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

That seems fair Steve.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 12:48

steveschneider wrote:

That seems fair Steve.

Done. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 7 969504605
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 13:36

I wish I had as much faith in anything as steve has in Joe Biden...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 13:53

Cameron wrote:I wish I had as much faith in anything as steve has in Joe Biden...

Good news is if he doesn't deliver we can always vote him out in 2024. I have a high degree of confidence he will be a vast improvement over the current asshole.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 15:23

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I lifted this from a NYT "On Politics" email that they're nice enough to send me twice a day.

The week was light on policy and heavy on character. Mr. Biden didn’t offer many more specifics in his address, though his campaign has released reams of policy plans. He outlined what he sees as the four crises facing the nation — the pandemic, the economy, racial injustice and climate change — and laid out a few ideas, including a national mask mandate.

I agree with that take. The convention was light on policy, because really, who gives a fuck? Ok, I know people DO care about policy stuff, ideas, solutions, etc., but policy is really secondary in this election.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 15:32

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I agree with that take. The convention was light on policy, because really, who gives a fuck? Ok, I know people DO care about policy stuff, ideas, solutions, etc., but policy is really secondary in this election.

Yeah, I mean lets be real the voters isn't that sophisticated. I know this is going to get grumbles, but I read Rick Wilson's book and his advice to Democrats is don't get too into policy. Most republican messaging is simple like 'they are going to take your guns', 'they are going to raise your taxes' etc.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 16:27

Once you get past “give a tax cut for myself and my rich friends” a Republican doesn’t have much left to talk about. Rick thinks it some genius political plan, mostly because he’s a Republican hack who doesn’t realize it’s actually because there’s no other option. There are no policies to talk about.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 18:20

The Republicans financed a petition effort to get the Green Party on the ticket in MT in November. They collected enough signatures but the people who signed didn’t know that it was the Rs pushing it. Once people found out, a shit ton asked to have their names removed, but the Republican SoS denied their requests and tried to certify the petition. He got sued and lost. Systematic or isolated?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 19:08

Rocinante wrote:The Republicans financed a petition effort to get the Green Party on the ticket in MT in November. They collected enough signatures but the people who signed didn’t know that it was the Rs pushing it. Once people found out, a shit ton asked to have their names removed, but the Republican SoS denied their requests and tried to certify the petition. He got sued and lost. Systematic or isolated?

Welp, Jeezy is running at the behest of the WH, so you tell me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 19:10

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Once you get past “give a tax cut for myself and my rich friends” a Republican doesn’t have much left to talk about. Rick thinks it some genius political plan, mostly because he’s a Republican hack who doesn’t realize it’s actually because there’s no other option. There are no policies to talk about.

Oh, you are so wrong, my friend. The Republicans have a plan for healthcare for all Americans, but they need your vote in order to implement it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 22:12

After seeing Biden it looks like Trump is going to have to do more than walk unassisted and drink a glass of water with one hand.

Maybe talk about a 3rd term.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 21 Aug 2020 - 22:24

I thought a little bit about it and I think Obama’s speech will go down in history as one of the all time great speeches. I’m sure when Lincoln gave the Gettysburg Address people didn’t realize it would be one for the ages at the time. I don’t think his speech will be ranked that high but pretty high. Let’s face it Trump got roasted by Obama swore his revenge and then Obama laid back and played it very cool until now. Well played Mr. President. This was an all time convention and the dems delivered.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat 22 Aug 2020 - 1:21

Okay...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

WhiteBoyHatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat 22 Aug 2020 - 7:52

steveschneider wrote:I thought a little bit about it and I think Obama’s speech will go down in history as one of the all time great speeches. I’m sure when Lincoln gave the Gettysburg Address people didn’t realize it would be one for the ages at the time. I don’t think his speech will be ranked that high but pretty high. Let’s face it Trump got roasted by Obama swore his revenge and then Obama laid back and played it very cool until now. Well played Mr. President. This was an all time convention and the dems delivered.

Recency bias + political bias = Steve hyperbolic gushing.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

WhiteBoyHatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 22 Aug 2020 - 8:49

steveschneider wrote:I thought a little bit about it and I think Obama’s speech will go down in history as one of the all time great speeches. I’m sure when Lincoln gave the Gettysburg Address people didn’t realize it would be one for the ages at the time. I don’t think his speech will be ranked that high but pretty high. Let’s face it Trump got roasted by Obama swore his revenge and then Obama laid back and played it very cool until now. Well played Mr. President. This was an all time convention and the dems delivered.

I mean I liked both his speech and I also though Biden hit it out of the park, but neither speech was a “Gettysburg” or “I have a dream “ or “the only thing we have to fear” or “ask not what your country” type speeches.

Wife and I loved Biden’s. We were holding our breath as it went on. I don’t know why. We’re both being influenced by the mainstream media in regards to his acumen I guess.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sun 23 Aug 2020 - 8:53

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/22/us/asteroid-earth-november-2020-scn-trnd/index.html

(CNN)Well, 2020 keeps getting better all the time.
Amid a pandemic, civil unrest and a divisive US election season, we now have an asteroid zooming toward us.
On the day before the presidential vote, no less.
Yep. The celestial object known as 2018VP1 is projected to come close to Earth on November 2, according to the Center for Near Earth Objects Studies at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

Its diameter is 0.002 km, or about 6.5 feet, according to NASA's data. It was first identified at Palomar Observatory in California in 2018.
NASA says there are three potential impacts, but "based on 21 observations spanning 12.968 days," the agency has determined the asteroid probably -- phew! -- won't have a deep impact, let alone bring Armageddon.

The chance of it hitting us is just 0.41%, data show.
CNN has reached out NASA for any additional or updated information but has not heard back.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 23 Aug 2020 - 13:30

Don't rely on fake science Jake.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sun 23 Aug 2020 - 13:47

GRR Spartan wrote:Don't rely on fake science Jake.

I'll be mailing my vote long before that happens.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 23 Aug 2020 - 16:03

Multiple news outlets reporting North Korea’s 36 year old leader Kim Jong Un is in coma and moves have begun to shift power to his 33 year old sister Kim Yo-Jong

What are the odds Trump or daughter Ivanka will mention the the sister Kim Yo-Jong and Ivanka are Bff’s because they sat near one another at the Seoul Winter Olympics

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12478158/kim-jong-un-coma-sister-north-korea/
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 23 Aug 2020 - 16:22

Not saying it's false, but the multiple media outlets I see mentioning that are all just reporting the same quote of from some Sout Korean diplomay speculating about what might be happening.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 24 Aug 2020 - 9:48

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Once you get past “give a tax cut for myself and my rich friends” a Republican doesn’t have much left to talk about. Rick thinks it some genius political plan, mostly because he’s a Republican hack who doesn’t realize it’s actually because there’s no other option. There are no policies to talk about.

The republicans aren’t even bothering creating a platform because, again, for rick Wilson’s sake (he’s an avid swill lurker) they don’t campaign on policy because there is no policy and not because it’s some stroke of political genius

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/08/24/republicanmeltdown-trump-convention-400039

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 24 Aug 2020 - 9:55

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

The republicans aren’t even bothering creating a platform because, again, for rick Wilson’s sake (he’s an avid swill lurker) they don’t campaign on policy because there is no policy and not because it’s some stroke of political genius

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/08/24/republicanmeltdown-trump-convention-400039

saw that..

I guess 178,000+ dead Americans, the worst economy since The Great Depression, children in cages and Putin putting bounty on the heads of American soldiers are just what they're looking for.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 24 Aug 2020 - 22:53

Jesus, the RNC is boring. At least the DNC mixed up the locales of the speakers, had relatively short speeches, sleekly produced video. The RNC just has one long speech after another, all on the same "stage", almost like they're trying to pretend everything is normal except the crowd.

Trump was calling people at all hours for the last week with ideas for the convention...and this is what they come up with? Wow. I expected a lot of lies and BS, but I at least thought they'd try to put together some sleek production shiny objects. If the DNC had a telethon vibe, this is like watching CSPAN.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 24 Aug 2020 - 23:15

So... the RNC has no platform. Literally. It’s just “we support Trump.”
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 25 Aug 2020 - 6:32

Didn’t watch one second of the convention last night. I encourage others to do the same.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 25 Aug 2020 - 7:43

steveschneider wrote:Didn’t watch one second of the convention last night. I encourage others to do the same.

Watch it? I can't even stand opening Twitter and seeing news outlets post pictures of Ronna Romney, DJTjr and Nikki Haley without throwing up.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 25 Aug 2020 - 8:06

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Didn’t watch one second of the convention last night. I encourage others to do the same.

Watch it? I can't even stand opening Twitter and seeing news outlets post pictures of Ronna Romney, DJTjr and Nikki Haley without throwing up.

Or Kimberly Guiylfoyle. I hear you loud and clear regarding the throwing up part.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue 25 Aug 2020 - 8:24

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Didn’t watch one second of the convention last night.  I encourage others to do the same.

Here, I'll save you some time on figuring out this convention's platform:

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 7 Tshirt10
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 25 Aug 2020 - 9:03

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Or Kimberly Guiylfoyle. I hear you loud and clear regarding the throwing up part.

Emphasis on the LOUD part. Gavin Newsome was the most relieved man in the country last night knowing that he kicked that to curb.

I didn't want to watch it, but my wife insisted (she's a lifelong Dem, but apparently enjoys getting that Latin blood boiling). I mostly just played around on my phone while it was on in the background. There was some good comedy though (unintentionally, but comedic nonetheless).

Some of the weirdness may not be covered as much in light of so much weirdness....

Hershel Walker said at one point, "I watched him in the boardroom." What? You mean the boardroom set of a reality show, with you as a contestant, Hersh?

Crazy Guilfoyle said her mom was an immigrant. Her mom is from fucking Puerto Rico! That's not an immigrant, you moron.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 25 Aug 2020 - 9:16

saw a couple of clips of it this morning.. cocaine is a heckuva drug. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 7 502811600 The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 7 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 25 Aug 2020 - 9:39

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Emphasis on the LOUD part. Gavin Newsome was the most relieved man in the country last night knowing that he kicked that to curb.

I didn't want to watch it, but my wife insisted (she's a lifelong Dem, but apparently enjoys getting that Latin blood boiling). I mostly just played around on my phone while it was on in the background. There was some good comedy though (unintentionally, but comedic nonetheless).

Some of the weirdness may not be covered as much in light of so much weirdness....

Hershel Walker said at one point, "I watched him in the boardroom." What? You mean the boardroom set of a reality show, with you as a contestant, Hersh?

Crazy Guilfoyle said her mom was an immigrant. Her mom is from fucking Puerto Rico! That's not an immigrant, you moron.

[tw]1298079312080502789?s=21[/tw]

Look at that before all the work. Don’t even recognize her. It’s like the transformation of Anakin to Vader.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 25 Aug 2020 - 9:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:saw a couple of clips of it this morning.. cocaine is a heckuva drug. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 7 502811600 The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 7 502811600

Dems need a Roger Stone type with no shame to go out and make some political hay out of this. Supposedly Don Jr has been coked up so many times on Fox. I see the Lincoln Project doing some work on this stuff but it doesn't really stick.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue 25 Aug 2020 - 10:06

The new republican campaign slogan: Make America Great Again, Again.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue 25 Aug 2020 - 11:22

Carole King sent my wife an email. I don't think she's very fond of Trump.
Here's what she had to say:
Donald Trump is the most narcissistic, corrupt, malicious, unpatriotic, willfully incompetent, and unworthy person to occupy the Oval Office in my lifetime – and our nation is suffering because of his unwillingness to put country before self.

Has she been talking to you Bob? Although she did leave out misogynistic.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next