Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excellent news! I've disowned my parents!

+17
duffy munn
MSU addict
WhiteBoyHatcher
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
Cameron
Motown Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Dendrobates
InTenSity
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Excellent news! I've disowned my parents! - Page 2 Empty Re: Excellent news! I've disowned my parents!

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-09, 21:52

Remember Family Ties. It was a divided family but they learned to make it work. Steven and Elise were hippies with a Reaganite child with a thirst for investment banking and capitalism. Ironically they had a difficult time accepting Malories boyfriend who was a rebel degenerate just not of their generation.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Excellent news! I've disowned my parents! - Page 2 Empty Re: Excellent news! I've disowned my parents!

Post by Bill Cain 2021-01-09, 21:52

My grandmother at 101 years old LOVED Trump. Smart cookie that woman. She was sharper at 101 than most 18 year olds

She always voted for charisma. Voted for Obama, voted for Perot, Reagan, etc.

Probably holding that value of charisma allowed my father to become a charismatic man himself

Last edited by Bill Cain on 2021-01-09, 21:56; edited 4 times in total
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-01-09, 21:53

That’s some deep shit steve
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That, WhiteBoyHatcher and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-01-09, 22:00

Bill Cain wrote:My grandmother at 101 years old LOVED Trump. Smart cookie that woman. She was sharper at 101 than most 18 year olds

Probably holding that value of charisma allowed my father to become a charismatic man himself
Your grandma is 101? And how old are you again, Bill?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2021-01-09, 22:03

Cameron wrote:
Bill Cain wrote:My grandmother at 101 years old LOVED Trump. Smart cookie that woman. She was sharper at 101 than most 18 year olds

She passed in 2019 before her 102nd birthday. I’m in my 20’s. I’m the youngest and both of my parents were the youngest or young in their families. I have cousins in their 50’s
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-01-10, 01:36

I'm gonna need your exact age and the exact age of the parent whose mother that was.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-01-10, 01:37

It's for my scrapbook.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-01-10, 07:17

Cameron wrote:

I think Bill might be making up the grandma story.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-01-10, 08:15

This is sad.
I deleted facebook the day I had a whole post typed out that called out my bro In laws politics, parenting and religion... Same guy I don't mind hanging with when I have to. Golfed and hunted with him in the past...if I sent that it would have broke the family. Deleting facebook has fixed a lot of issues.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-01-10, 08:43

AvgMSUJoe wrote:This is sad.
I deleted facebook the day I had a whole post typed out that called out my bro In laws politics, parenting and religion... Same guy I don't mind hanging with when I have to. Golfed and hunted with him in the past...if I sent that it would have broke the family. Deleting facebook has fixed a lot of issues.
I can believe it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-01-10, 08:44

Oh, and if you have to announce that you're not a racist, you're a racist.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-10, 08:50

duffy munn wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Shh! I think a feud between Cameron and Bill is forming and I endorse it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-01-10, 09:14

duffy munn wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I think Bill makes up a lot of stuff - but as was noted in another thread I am an old fuck with a six year old daughter.  My father was born in 1926. He died years ago, but would have hit 100 before my daughter is a teen.

EDIT:  Even if you think that is an outlier my wife's mother would hit 100 (she is still alive) when my daughter is 30 and she gave birth to my wife at age 26.  I am not saying it is true, but definitely within the realm of possibility.

Last edited by MSU addict on 2021-01-10, 12:13; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-01-10, 09:15

steveschneider wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Shh! I think a feud between Cameron and Bill is forming and I endorse it.

#twofrontwar
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-01-10, 13:36

AvgMSUJoe wrote:This is sad.

I’ve said it for a long time, but social media does more harm than good. I hate social media, and yet I’m still on it as well. Husband has urged me to keep it to keep contact with some family/pics, but it would be better off to get rid of it. It’s such a danger for kids, and constantly growing. It’s stuff I will have to keep on top of with my kids. It’s never going away. But I wish it would.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-01-10, 18:02

InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-01-10, 18:02

Follow up. The text on the first page are from my uncle. I'm pretty sure we're done talking. I called my Mom today. She was with my Dad. I told them they needed to listen to what I had to say. I went on about how I was brought up to fight injustice and point out when evil was happening. When I did that I was attacked by my family in the past. After the events of this week, I think they are starting to come around.

Either way, I told them I was a liberal soft hearted person, and I didn't want to stop them from seeing my kids.

Last edited by InTenSity on 2021-01-10, 18:23; edited 1 time in total
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

y2kMgrad, DWags and Watch Out Pylon! like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-01-11, 12:53

*Deleting because it seems everything else got deleted.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2021-01-11, 13:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Oh, and if you have to announce that you're not a racist, you're a racist.

I'm seeing a decent amount of "I'm quitting facebook!" announcements from my wife's extended family. Vast majority are from Kentucky.

You know you can just quit. I doesn't need to be a proclamation.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-01-11, 13:29

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Oh, and if you have to announce that you're not a racist, you're a racist.

I'm seeing a decent amount of "I'm quitting facebook!" announcements from my wife's extended family. Vast majority are from Kentucky.

Excellent news! I've disowned my parents! - Page 2 502811600

but then they don't get to whine about it.. and soothe the bruised ego of a victim.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-01-11, 14:09

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

It’s not an airport. Departures don’t need to be announced.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Watch Out Pylon! likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-01-11, 15:22

We've all seen it (and most of us mocked it) in our illustrious message boarding careers, where people feel the need to make a big production out of leaving, only to see no one give a shit.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-01-11, 17:59

MiamiSpartan wrote:We've all seen it (and most of us mocked it) in our illustrious message boarding careers, where people feel the need to make a big production out of leaving, only to see no one give a shit.

And then they come back
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2