Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Were We Guilty of Making Foster Loyer a "September Heisman"?

+10
Turtleneck
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
kingstonlake
Nordic
The Pantry
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
NigelUno
steveschneider
14 posters

Go down

Were We Guilty of Making Foster Loyer a "September Heisman"?  Empty Were We Guilty of Making Foster Loyer a "September Heisman"?

Post by steveschneider 2021-04-20, 16:21

I remember one birthday I got an Estes model Rocket kit and I put the thing together with my dad. When it came time to launch the thing I remember sitting there pushing the ignition switch and a little smoke came out of the engine but it never took off the way it was supposed to. That was what the entire three year Loyer experience reminded me of but going off our delusional fan base you'd think we were getting a Space X Falcon 9!  I can't stress this enough we as a fan base were guilty of  getting intoxicated on hype and then we in turn pumped up his stock value beyond its actual value. 

I view the Loyer era as a cautionary tale and I have a few key points we can implement as a fan base to ensure a fiasco like this doesn't ever happen again.

1) Understand that everyone playing D1 sports had a great game against inferior competition in high school.

2) We should probably wait until that person suits up in the green & white and plays a few games against quality competition so we can gauge how good they  actually are.

3) Understand that basketball is a game for tall people and that short people tend to perform poorly.

The Foster Loyer era has come to a close. The locker is empty, the scholarship is open, the stat sheet is void of those numbers we hoped he would put up and we never got to see him kiss the floor.  Go Green!

PS: Retirement is wonderful!

PSS: I predict Hoiberg scores more points next year than Loyer!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Were We Guilty of Making Foster Loyer a "September Heisman"?  Empty Re: Were We Guilty of Making Foster Loyer a "September Heisman"?

Post by NigelUno 2021-04-20, 16:26

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Were We Guilty of Making Foster Loyer a "September Heisman"?  Empty Re: Were We Guilty of Making Foster Loyer a "September Heisman"?

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-20, 16:34

Bump for Steve. And no.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-04-20, 16:51

Are we allowed to disagree with another hot take from steve, or will it result in another meltdown?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-04-20, 16:59

Were We Guilty of Making Foster Loyer a "September Heisman"?  Facepa10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-04-20, 17:11

Please tell me this is a joke
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-04-20, 17:16

Steve we welcome you back with open arms!

But random thoughts on everything not relevant to thread topics can remain retired, bro.

Were We Guilty of Making Foster Loyer a "September Heisman"?  969504605
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-04-20, 17:34

Were We Guilty of Making Foster Loyer a "September Heisman"?  1966794946

STEVE GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE WE LOVE AND MISS YOU
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-04-20, 18:27

I'll take Loyer over Hoiberg.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-04-20, 18:32

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-04-20, 18:56

Nordic wrote:Please tell me this is a joke

I believe the new term is spherical dumbassery.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-20, 19:08

A quick search turns up plenty of proof that the answer is no. CF and OTPT with the earliest correct calls. LWS went overboard, but he’s an idiot, and DWags has enjoyed calling Loyer the next Skiles, but DWags is a day drinker. Were We Guilty of Making Foster Loyer a "September Heisman"?  2267303065

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t13970-breaking-foster-loyer-is-a-spartan
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-20, 19:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Were We Guilty of Making Foster Loyer a "September Heisman"?  1966794946

STEVE GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE WE LOVE this is true AND MISS YOU this is false

Modifications made to OTPT's post.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-04-20, 19:27

Hi Steve!!!!

Uh... Disagree with the take. Maybe appropriate for Kelvin Torbit? PDiddy?
Uh... If the Bates kid doesn't avg 20, then him...
But Loyer was a "hope" more than a "lock". Not everyday a short white kid rules the MHSAA.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-04-20, 20:16

tGreenWay wrote:A quick search turns up plenty of proof that the answer is no. CF and OTPT with the earliest correct calls. LWS went overboard, but he’s an idiot, and DWags has enjoyed calling Loyer the next Skiles, but DWags is a day drinker. Were We Guilty of Making Foster Loyer a "September Heisman"?  2267303065

I’m not looking but every thread I made about him or posted in, I was being sarcastic. However: great kid, way better person and athlete than me, will do more for humanity and the world than I and I wish him the best. Was always a positive for msu.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and duffy munn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-20, 20:25

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:A quick search turns up plenty of proof that the answer is no. CF and OTPT with the earliest correct calls. LWS went overboard, but he’s an idiot, and DWags has enjoyed calling Loyer the next Skiles, but DWags is a day drinker. Were We Guilty of Making Foster Loyer a "September Heisman"?  2267303065

I’m not looking but every thread I made about him or posted in, I was being sarcastic. However: great kid, way better person and athlete than me, will do more for humanity and the world than I and I wish him the best. Was always a positive for msu.

I know. It was always pretty clear you were being tongue in cheek. But I’m standing fast on the day drinking part. Were We Guilty of Making Foster Loyer a "September Heisman"?  2267303065
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-04-20, 20:37

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

I know. It was always pretty clear you were being tongue in cheek. But I’m standing fast on the day drinking part. Were We Guilty of Making Foster Loyer a "September Heisman"?  2267303065

Well, em, er.... well, I mean
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-04-20, 22:13

Eff’n “I’m done” Steve comes back to gloat about Foster,

Why am I not surprised?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-04-20, 22:27

Fucking steve
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-04-20, 22:58

There's nothing like a triumphant return.

And this thread was nothing like a triumphant return.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Rocinante like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-04-21, 08:48

And here I thought Easter passed. HE HAS RISEN
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down