Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brian Cole picks U-M...

+25
Cosmo_Kramer
Three_Putt_Par
Bill Cain
Mentalstate
beal99
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
The_Dude
SeeRockCity
tig ol bitties
WhiteBoyHatcher
SpartanInNH
Herbie Green
RubberbandMan
tanfan!
duffy munn
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
steveschneider
The Pantry
SawGreen
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
pulling69
headeast
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brian Cole picks U-M... - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Cole picks U-M...

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-07-27, 15:42

headeast wrote:

Good to see someone with a little knowledge post on this...

Knowledge?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2014-07-27, 21:25

[quote="The_Dude"]

haven't you seen their boards? They are already back!
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-27, 22:19

The_Dude wrote:

Brian Cole picks U-M... - Page 2 1550444538 

Sorry homeskillet, but Cole is from Saginaw and almost everyone had him as a somewhat heavy MSU lean.  Top 50 player nationally, truly an elite talent.  It's a big miss.  This came out of nowhere.  Couple that with Alabi going to Ohio St and 2016 in state stud Daelin Hayes committing to USC,...that's a lot of in state talent almost everyone thought we would have a very good shot to land gone.

It once looked liked we would cleanup in 2015 in state recruiting, now it's a borderline trainwreck depending on what Thompson and Weber do.

The one cool thing is that we all know Dantonio will simply find other very talented players.  Going nationally too.  It's important to get kids from Texas and the South.  So much talent.  We should have another big year and close out strong yet again.

So what if he was an MSU lean? Why does that matter?

And our recruiting is a trainwreck?  Brian Cole picks U-M... - Page 2 502811600 

You've been hanging out on tBB and letting UM slappies get in your head.

Snap out of it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-07-27, 22:26

The_Dude wrote:

Brian Cole picks U-M... - Page 2 1550444538 

Sorry homeskillet, but Cole is from Saginaw and almost everyone had him as a somewhat heavy MSU lean.  Top 50 player nationally, truly an elite talent.  It's a big miss.  This came out of nowhere.  Couple that with Alabi going to Ohio St and 2016 in state stud Daelin Hayes committing to USC,...that's a lot of in state talent almost everyone thought we would have a very good shot to land gone.

It once looked liked we would cleanup in 2015 in state recruiting, now it's a borderline trainwreck depending on what Thompson and Weber do.

The one cool thing is that we all know Dantonio will simply find other very talented players.  Going nationally too.  It's important to get kids from Texas and the South.  So much talent.  We should have another big year and close out strong yet again.

Look who showed up! Hurray!

Mods, I do move that we remove that most awesome avatar of this Schtick, this Schtick is not worthy of the dude.

And a few FYIs, Hayes was a Strong scum lean, was never going to MSU, that was actually good news for MSU, took a great player from them. Weber will also probably go to USC, he was not happy about Scott signing with us.

Alabli is the one that hurts the most, and that said, we'll be fine. Especially if this domino sends a player like the huge Canadian to MSU.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-07-28, 00:03

NigelUno wrote:

So what if he was an MSU lean?  Why does that matter?

And our recruiting is a trainwreck?   Brian Cole picks U-M... - Page 2 502811600 

You've been hanging out on tBB and letting UM slappies get in your head.

Snap out of it.

Actually I said we were recruiting nationally now so losing in state kids doesn't hurt as much. I called out our in state recruiting a trainwreck depending on what Thompson and Weber do. Remember when we thought we'd clean up in state? If we don't get Weber or Thompson, we would only have 2 of the top 10.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-07-28, 00:14

Yikes. And Pettaway is the only top 10 player in the state next year that MSU is favored to get. A player from Saginaw is 100% CB to UM and so is an OT from Traverse. Two MSU areas. Consensus top 3 player Hayes already committed to USC.  Neutral 
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2014-07-28, 00:34

Who cares. You win some, you lose some. It already appears that MSU has taken a couple corners in the 2015 class. "Stars" do not matter. Especially at the age of 16-18 a lot of these kids bodies are still developing. Scouting talent and athleticism is what matters. Unless we start seeing results differ on the field, I'll defer and accept what the coaches are doing. MSU has two of the best Defensive Back coaches in college football in Mark Dantonio and Harlon Barnett.

I'm not worried. Every kid has to prove their ability on the field, not on a recruiting site. Until that changes (it won't) I'll trust the guys who've dedicated their entire lives to turning kids into football players moreso than what a bunch of disillusioned nerds on a recruiting site have to say about it.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2014-07-28, 00:36

You have to remember the Recruiting sites (like Rivals, 247, scout) entire modus operandi is to get you to subscribe and take your hard-earned cash away from you. It's all to make you feel like you're an insider (even though you're not) and taking advantage of your love for sports, and MSU in this particular case, for monetary gain. If you want to be an insider, meet people who work within the real program. You're not going to hear anything really that interesting. Most spring and summers are the same in football. Instead, find another hobby that might benefit and give you some experiences that are worthwhile.

Holding a bunch of worthless information in your head about 16 year old recruits (when the majority of kids in a recruiting class rarely ever see the field in their college career) seems like a waste of valuable time to me.

Last edited by Bill Cain on 2014-07-28, 00:37; edited 2 times in total
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Three_Putt_Par 2014-07-28, 00:36

Bill Cain wrote:Who cares. You win some, you lose some. It already appears that MSU has taken a couple corners in the 2015 class. "Stars" do not matter. Especially at the age of 16-18 a lot of these kids bodies are still developing. Scouting talent and athleticism is what matters. Unless we start seeing results differ on the field, I'll defer and accept what the coaches are doing. MSU has two of the best Defensive Back coaches in college football in Mark Dantonio and Harlon Barnett.

I'm not worried. Every kid has to prove their ability on the field, not on a recruiting site. Until that changes (it won't) I'll trust the guys who've dedicated their entire lives to turning kids into football players moreso than what a bunch of disillusioned nerds on a recruiting site have to say about it.

Thumbs up my friend
Three_Putt_Par
Three_Putt_Par
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-07-28, 09:54

Recruiting has worked well for Michigan with their shitty coaches bahaha
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-28, 10:07

The_Dude wrote:

Actually I said we were recruiting nationally now so losing in state kids doesn't hurt as much.  I called out our in state recruiting a trainwreck depending on what Thompson and Weber do.  Remember when we thought we'd clean up in state?  If we don't get Weber or Thompson, we would only have 2 of the top 10.

The_Dude wrote:Yikes.  And Pettaway is the only top 10 player in the state next year that MSU is favored to get.  A player from Saginaw is 100% CB to UM and so is an OT from Traverse.  Two MSU areas.  Consensus top 3 player Hayes already committed to USC.   Neutral 

247 lemming or elaborate schtick?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-07-28, 10:47

NigelUno wrote:

247 lemming or elaborate schtick?

Don't be like trcmb. When people talk about reality and what is currently happening, don't ignore the message and call them a schtick.

Losing in state kids doesn't hurt MSU as much anymore because we are a strong brand in Ohio and nationally now too. But remember when we got Blackwell and we were expected--not just by MSU homers--to clean up in state in 2015. It appears we will now only have 2 of the states's top 10 players, depending on what Thompson and Weber do. Blackwell was supposed to land us Cole and some of the CT kids. Alabi went to OSU and Weber likely won't end up at MSU.

Now on to 2010...Pettaway is supposed to be an MSU lock. But from the early predictions I've seen, he;s the only top 10 player in the state for 2016 that leans MSU. Consensus top 3 player in the state next year. Daelin Hayes, has already committed to USC.

Now MSU isnt going to land 8 of the state's top 10 players. But with Blackwell on board, we need to do better than 2 or 3.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-28, 10:57

The_Dude wrote:

Don't be like trcmb.  When people talk about reality and what is currently happening, don't ignore the message and call them a schtick.

Losing in state kids doesn't hurt MSU as much anymore because we are a strong brand in Ohio and nationally now too.  But remember when we got Blackwell and we were expected--not just by MSU homers--to clean up in state in 2015.  It appears we will now only have 2 of the states's top 10 players, depending on what Thompson and Weber do.  Blackwell was supposed to land us Cole and some of the CT kids.  Alabi went to OSU and Weber likely won't end up at MSU.

Now on to 2010...Pettaway is supposed to be an MSU lock.  But from the early predictions I've seen, he;s the only top 10 player in the state for 2016 that leans MSU.  Consensus top 3 player in the state next year. Daelin Hayes, has already committed to USC.

Now MSU isnt going to land 8 of the state's top 10 players.  But with Blackwell on board, we need to do better than 2 or 3.

Reality? You're talking about leans, locks, and what was expected with regard to recruiting? And you want to talk about reality? Are you panicked that Weber's (apparently) not coming? Why?

You want to talk about reality? Look at past rankings. Look at results.

You can worry about recruiting, and leans, and locks, and what you expect (based on god knows what). Have at it. I'm not worried. At all. I've seen what we do. Where it matters.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-07-28, 11:03

NigelUno wrote:

Reality?  You're talking about leans, locks, and what was expected with regard to recruiting?  And you want to talk about reality?  Are you panicked that Weber's (apparently) not coming?  Why?  

You want to talk about reality?  Look at past rankings.  Look at results.

You can worry about recruiting, and leans, and locks, and what you expect (based on god knows what).  Have at it.  I'm not worried.  At all.  I've seen what we do.  Where it matters.      

Im not worried about the product on the field. And until MSU starts to slide with multiple mediocre seasons in a row, than I will worry more about recruiting.

Weber is an explosive playmaker and even though we landed Scott, he's a big time player we are still recruiting very hard. It's just troubling that once we landed Blackwell we were supposed to land more blue chip in state guys and that's not happening at all. We are going out of state to find talent and that's great. But 2015 looks to be like a semi bust in state and 2016, at least early indications, seem to be MSU will struggle in state too.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-07-28, 11:04

Is there a new early signing period?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-28, 11:08

The_Dude wrote:

Im not worried about the product on the field.  And until MSU starts to slide with multiple mediocre seasons in a row, than I will worry more about recruiting.

Weber is an explosive playmaker and even though we landed Scott, he's a big time player we are still recruiting very hard.  It's just troubling that once we landed Blackwell we were supposed to land more blue chip in state guys and that's not happening at all.  We are going out of state to find talent and that's great.  But 2015 looks to be like a semi bust in state and 2016, at least early indications, seem to be MSU will struggle in state too.

So, you're not worried about the product on the field?

But, you are troubled that your perceptions about Blackwell/in-state recruiting haven't come to fruition?  Brian Cole picks U-M... - Page 2 502811600 
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-28, 11:09

InTenSity wrote:Is there a new early signing period?

Brian Cole picks U-M... - Page 2 502811600 
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-07-28, 15:46

Dude seems like a tool. Another Drake Harris.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-28, 15:55

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:Dude seems like a tool. Another Drake Harris.

But, like OMG!!! I thought we were going to get him and now we're not!!!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-07-28, 15:57

Jesus christ, The Dude is annoying. Panicking about recruiting. If I ever did that I might have to kick my own ass.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Loose Stools 2014-07-28, 16:04

Tanfan! wrote:Just wish msu would employ the hard sell. Seems to work. The go home and think about it doesn't work so well with the top kids.

Read my avatar.
Loose Stools
Loose Stools
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-28, 16:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Jesus christ, The Dude is annoying. Panicking about recruiting. If I ever did that I might have to kick my own ass.

I think The Dude has multiple personalities on different boards.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-07-28, 16:12

NigelUno wrote:

So, you're not worried about the product on the field?

But, you are troubled that your perceptions about Blackwell/in-state recruiting haven't come to fruition?   Brian Cole picks U-M... - Page 2 502811600 

He isn't making much sense.  Brian Cole picks U-M... - Page 2 1550444538 
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-28, 16:12

Loose Stools wrote:

Read my avatar.

After seeing Jabari Parker tank it in the first round against Dayton, seeing UofM finish with 7-8 wins, seeing Pitman decommit and then end up at Akron State, and seeing a walk on like Elsworth have the play of the game in the Rose Bowl I don't know why anyone really gives a shit about recruiting.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2014-07-28, 16:18; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-07-28, 16:16

steveschneider wrote:

After seeing Jabari Parker tank out in the first round against Dayton, seeing UofM finish with 7-8 wins, seeing Pitman decommit and then end up at Akron State, and seeing a walk on like Elsworth have the play of the game in the Rose Bowl I don't know why anyone really gives a shit about recruiting.

STARS STARS AND STARS!!!!!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-07-28, 16:20

After seeing Jabari Parker tank out in the first round against Dayton, seeing UofM finish with 7-8 wins, seeing Pitman decommit and then end up at Akron State, and seeing a walk on like Elsworth have the play of the game in the Rose Bowl I don't know why anyone really gives a shit about recruiting.
Because in the back of people's minds, they think they are going to wake up one day and its all going to go back to the way it used to be. If you think about the recruiting rankings (which are inflated or impossible to get correct), logically, um should be better, they technically have better talent. The problem is that the recruiting rankings are often wrong, but they don't care about that. MSU fans see a class ranking of somewhere in the 30's or 40's and are enjoying being at the top of the B1G, while being worried that its unsustainable. This is why I think there is so much hand wringing over recruiting, when, in the end, a kid that commits today probably won't see the field for 3 or 4 years. Recruiting is the male equivalent of watching a soap opera.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden 2014-07-28, 16:35

So MSU wanted Cole very badly, but felt his future was on defense, not at WR. I think that probably played into the decision as well.
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-28, 17:57

Serious question...does UM lead the nation in decommits? They've lost 3 already.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-07-28, 18:04

NigelUno wrote:Serious question...does UM lead the nation in decommits?  They've lost 3 already.

And this is before we whoop their ass in front of the state again.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-07-28, 19:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

And this is before we whoop their ass in front of the state again.

I trust Dantonio and company, if a kid doesn't recognize the difference in the programs, maybe we're not the program for them.
If this season pans out as expected, that difference will become even more apparent, even to a 16 year old kid.
Whoever replaces Hoke will have their work cut out.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-07-28, 20:26

I.B. Fine wrote:

I trust Dantonio and company, if a kid doesn't recognize the difference in the programs, maybe we're not the program for them.
If this season pans out as expected, that difference will become even more apparent, even to a 16 year old kid.
Whoever replaces Hoke will have their work cut out.

Maybe he wanted to play offense and not defense as some suggested. But the fact a highly rated in state kid would rather play offense at UM over defense at State is fucked in the first place unless they have a connection to the school.  Brian Cole picks U-M... - Page 2 294152859 
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2