Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU Rowing captain killed in Clinton Co. crash.

5 posters

Go down

MSU Rowing captain killed in Clinton Co. crash.  Empty MSU Rowing captain killed in Clinton Co. crash.

Post by tGreenWay August 30th 2021, 11:40 am

Condolences to her family and friends. RIP.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/2021/08/30/michigan-state-msu-rowing-captain-killed-portland-township-crash/5649942001/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

MSU Rowing captain killed in Clinton Co. crash.  Empty Re: MSU Rowing captain killed in Clinton Co. crash.

Post by Robert J Sakimano August 30th 2021, 2:08 pm

ugh. Every parent's worst nightmare.

Thoughts with her family, for sure.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

MSU Rowing captain killed in Clinton Co. crash.  Empty Re: MSU Rowing captain killed in Clinton Co. crash.

Post by The Pantry August 30th 2021, 5:14 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:ugh. Every parent's worst nightmare.

That's for sure. Couple families at my kids' high school lost children to car crashes. Awful times. Few years later, my niece was killed in a freak car accident. Not sure how but my sis, her husband, and my other niece managed to make it through. They're okay on the outside, but will never be the same. Neither will I and many others.

Hope Olivia's family and friends can eventually come to peace. They will never forget.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Polydorus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay August 30th 2021, 5:30 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:ugh. Every parent's worst nightmare.

That's for sure. Couple families at my kids' high school lost children to car crashes. Awful times. Few years later, my niece was killed in a freak car accident. Not sure how but my sis, her husband, and my other niece managed to make it through. They're okay on the outside, but will never be the same. Neither will I and many others.

Hope Olivia's family and friends can eventually come to peace. They will never forget.

Mike Sadler’s death had a stronger impact on me than it reasonably should have. Just admitting that here feels weird. I never met him, and I only knew the person we’d all seen on the field and from interviews and his socials. It was a kick in the stomach and I felt it for a couple of years, maybe longer. Just a dark, somber cloud overhead. I’ve tried understanding why, but haven’t been able to come up with a reason yet.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags August 30th 2021, 5:42 pm

Absolutely horrifying. There are no words that can be said to those parents at this point. I hope somehow someway in the future they’ll be able to find some peace
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck August 30th 2021, 6:28 pm

Horrible news. Best wishes to the family.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry August 30th 2021, 9:50 pm

Vehicle accident deaths are a weird thing to contemplate.

First memorable car death was a neighbor when I was in junior high. Good guy that lived around the corner. 70+ and had his own business making signs. Was watching the news and saw a tow truck pull his car (he'd put his initials on the driver door) out of an iced covered drainage ditch he'd mistaken for a street. That night was the first time I experienced insomnia.

Couple college friends lost siblings to car accidents.

The first of my kids' friends to die had just graduated. Was on his way home driving a couple friends back from a grad party. Fell asleep/passed out at the wheel and ran into the path of trailerless semi at 2am less than two miles from home. Fortunately his passengers survived along with the truck driver and his passenger. He was a good kid that made a terrible mistake to drink and drive.

The 2nd of the HS kids to die I blame on a combination of the site it happened, poor judgment from the newish driver, and possibly speeding from the vehicle that hit the front right as she was attempting to make a left turn. No alcohol involved. Was truly tragic. They were best friends and their parents were best friends.

The circumstances of my niece's death will forever haunt me. She was just a passenger in a van full of friends. She was the only one that died.

Does it just come down to fate? Is it true only the good die young?

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags August 30th 2021, 11:55 pm

Sorry to hear this Pantry. I don't imagine anything can match that anguish when you hear news like that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano August 31st 2021, 6:12 am

The Pantry wrote:Vehicle accident deaths are a weird thing to contemplate.

First memorable car death was a neighbor when I was in junior high.  Good guy that lived around the corner.  70+ and had his own business making signs.  Was watching the news and saw a tow truck pull his car (he'd put his initials on the driver door) out of an iced covered drainage ditch he'd mistaken for a street.  That night was the first time I experienced insomnia.

Couple college friends lost siblings to car accidents.

The first of my kids' friends to die had just graduated.  Was on his way home driving a couple friends back from a grad party.  Fell asleep/passed out at the wheel and ran into the path of trailerless semi at 2am less than two miles from home.  Fortunately his passengers survived along with the truck driver and his passenger.  He was a good kid that made a terrible mistake to drink and drive.

The 2nd of the HS kids to die I blame on a combination of the site it happened, poor judgment from the newish driver, and possibly speeding from the vehicle that hit the front right as she was attempting to make a left turn.  No alcohol involved.  Was truly tragic.  They were best friends and their parents were best friends.  

The circumstances of my niece's death will forever haunt me.  She was just a passenger in a van full of friends.  She was the only one that died.

Does it just come down to fate?  Is it true only the good die young?

horrible.

My only sibling died in a car accident when he was 21. I was 20.

My parents were never the same. Mom lived for another 22 years, Dad lived for another 28, and when I cleaned out their house to sell it, his room was pretty much like he left it (I knew that, of course) - I filtered through everything he owned wondering "wtf am I supposed to do with this stuff"?

Can't lie, I never felt like they properly mourned or grieved his death, especially Dad. Through therapy and counseling, Mom evolved and she and I would talk about him, even laugh and tell stories. Dad never said his name again, at least not to me. I was pretty angry about that, even maybe (especially?) as I was digging through his room. He deserved to be remembered, to be talked about.. I'm still bitter at Dad for that, though I understand that he was ill-equipped to deal with it and would rather not even try.

the ripple effects not only impact the current generation but generations to come. My daughter never met my brother but she knows how anxious I get when she travels anywhere via car. I try to temper it, it's not her issue to deal with, but she checks in consistently. She and her boyfriend went Up North (I know) a few weeks ago and she probably texted 2-3 times along the way just to let me know where they were, estimated time of arrival, etc. To her credit, she's very patient, etc. She gets it - but it still keeps me awake at night.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down