Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession: Winningest program (check)...Recruiting (check)...

+10
Other Teams Pursuing That
SawGreen
Larry Kazamias
Rook
WBill
goodbar
InTenSity
I.B. Fine
Giant Moose
NigelUno
14 posters

Go down

Obsession:  Winningest program (check)...Recruiting (check)... Empty Obsession: Winningest program (check)...Recruiting (check)...

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-28, 10:30

Brandon touches on all the recurring themes:

"Q: You’ve said 7-6 is unacceptable, so the perception by some is that Hoke’s job is on the line this season. What’s your response to that?

A: It’s not. Every football coach in America lives under enormous pressure, so I don’t need to apply any more. We’re the winningest program in the history of college football, we know what the expectations of our fan base is. Nobody has to tell Brady that. And I have all the confidence in the world that he’s bringing in the right kids..."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140728/SPORTS0201/307280027#ixzz38lyZ2jol
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession:  Winningest program (check)...Recruiting (check)... Empty Re: Obsession: Winningest program (check)...Recruiting (check)...

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-28, 10:40

Amid heavy scrutiny, Dave Brandon motivated by Michigan's 'unfinished business'

Subtle dig at Hoke by the Detroit News headline writer?  Obsession:  Winningest program (check)...Recruiting (check)... 1494614055 
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession:  Winningest program (check)...Recruiting (check)... Empty Re: Obsession: Winningest program (check)...Recruiting (check)...

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-28, 10:47

Just read it...so they are finally actually admitting that they did willingly hire a skywriter to fly over East Lansing?

Q: Is there anything you tried that you regretted?

A: Oh, not everything works. The skywriting over East Lansing was just silly. There’s no need for that.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-28, 10:49

Brandon totally botched the Hoke hire. I'm not sure he'll do any better the next time around.

I would have a list of candidates prepared already.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-07-28, 11:25

NigelUno wrote:Brandon totally botched the Hoke hire.  I'm not sure he'll do any better the next time around.  

I would have a list of candidates prepared already.

He had a list last time, they all said 'No thanks'
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-07-28, 11:26

I.B. Fine wrote:

Maybe he should start with the Noid.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-28, 11:37

I.B. Fine wrote:

He had a "list". Waiting until after the bowl game to fire RichRod was idiotic.

He panicked and hired a sure thing (and overpaid).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-07-28, 11:44

Obsession:  Winningest program (check)...Recruiting (check)... 502811600 the photo along with the article makes it look like he's going crazy. kinda like the people in infomercials before they are introduced to the amazing product that will make their lives complete.

Obsession:  Winningest program (check)...Recruiting (check)... Bilde?Site=C3&Date=20140728&Category=SPORTS0201&ArtNo=307280027&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Amid-heavy-scrutiny-Dave-Brandon-motivated-by-Michigan-s-unfinished-business-
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-07-28, 11:48

goodbar wrote:Obsession:  Winningest program (check)...Recruiting (check)... 502811600 the photo along with the article makes it look like he's going crazy. kinda like the people in infomercials before they are introduced to the amazing product that will make their lives complete.

Obsession:  Winningest program (check)...Recruiting (check)... Bilde?Site=C3&Date=20140728&Category=SPORTS0201&ArtNo=307280027&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Amid-heavy-scrutiny-Dave-Brandon-motivated-by-Michigan-s-unfinished-business-

Exactly...."I just couldn't keep my lettuce crisp until I discovered........"

Looking forward to their next uniform change modeled off of Brandon's shirt.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-07-28, 11:55

Fact Check Error. Notre Damn is the winningest program in football.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-07-28, 12:49

Obsession:  Winningest program (check)...Recruiting (check)... Michigan-fan-no-way
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-07-28, 19:39

I.B. Fine wrote:

Absolutely, we remember the speech where he said I 45 times in 3 minutes.  I, me, 5 states in 4 days on a private jet, I, me, eating room service, I, oh the horror, I.
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-07-28, 21:31

Boom goes the dynamite.  No fireworks, and this gem.

"The athletic department has bigger things to worry about, too. The department has run ads on its blog, its electronic billboard, on TV and even at a street stand during the Ann Arbor Art Fair, urging fans to buy football tickets -- unheard of.
If those unprecedented efforts didn't tell us how eager they must be to unload tickets by the thousands, the email this week to its golf club members, announcing free tickets for anyone who asks, removed any doubt."

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/road-saturday/201407/michigan-wolverines-football-fan-experience-fireworks-dave-brandon-stadium
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-07-28, 21:50

SawGreen wrote:Boom goes the dynamite.  No fireworks, and this gem.

"The athletic department has bigger things to worry about, too. The department has run ads on its blog, its electronic billboard, on TV and even at a street stand during the Ann Arbor Art Fair, urging fans to buy football tickets -- unheard of.
If those unprecedented efforts didn't tell us how eager they must be to unload tickets by the thousands, the email this week to its golf club members, announcing free tickets for anyone who asks, removed any doubt."

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/road-saturday/201407/michigan-wolverines-football-fan-experience-fireworks-dave-brandon-stadium

Let's put up 55 against them and put the final nail in the coffin of their dying football program.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-07-28, 21:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Let's put up 55 against them and put the final nail in the coffin of their dying football program.

I'd rather just beat them 17-3. Let them think they're still close. Somewhat like Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-07-28, 22:21

Larry Kazamias wrote:
Absolutely, we remember the speech where he said I 45 times in 3 minutes.  I, me, 5 states in 4 days on a private jet, I, me, eating room service, I, oh the horror, I.

It's not going to be any easier next time, Brandon is probably on his knees praying Hoke miraculously pulls it off. (and I don't mean his headset)
The only way I see them regaining relevance is to take a chance on an unproven coach and get lucky, but I doubt their pride allows that.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-07-29, 01:20

goodbar wrote:Obsession:  Winningest program (check)...Recruiting (check)... 502811600 the photo along with the article makes it look like he's going crazy. kinda like the people in infomercials before they are introduced to the amazing product that will make their lives complete.

Pizza boy looks like he's about ready to eat but forgot to actually pick up the corn on the cob.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden 2014-07-29, 10:12

SawGreen wrote:Boom goes the dynamite.  No fireworks, and this gem.

I didn't know they were going to shoot off fireworks *during* the fucking game. Hilarous.

"If it's not broken, break it!"--David Brandon
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-07-29, 10:23

Tyler Durden wrote:
I didn't know they were going to shoot off fireworks *during* the fucking game. Hilarous.

"If it's not broken, break it!"--David Brandon

They should go full "Bill Veeck" and have a firework shooting scoreboard for every TD.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2014-07-29, 10:24

Oxford shirt.

Obsession:  Winningest program (check)...Recruiting (check)... 2130724145 
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down