Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami Roll Call

+6
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
DWags
MiamiSpartan
Heat Miser
InTenSity
10 posters

Go down

Miami Roll Call Empty Miami Roll Call

Post by InTenSity Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:43 pm

If there is already a similar thread, I apologize.

Who is coming down to the game?

Are we meeting up anywhere?

I'm staying at the Hard Rock hotel this Wednesday and Thursday night.

I'm taking Thursday off and can take off Friday if anyone wants to get drinks or anything.

Is there a tailgate on Saturday?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Miami Roll Call Empty Re: Miami Roll Call

Post by Heat Miser Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:55 pm

South Florida MSU Alumni Club tailgate is here:

Miami Roll Call 240544902_2627663460861583_1355042282599527015_n.png?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=B7A0lkmttM4AX_QV29G&tn=YOJ_pOu22InyKTNF&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:25 pm

I'm going to the game, of course (along with my wife and daughter).  I don't know about tailgating.  If people are meeting up I would try to swing by, but I'm just going to play it by ear.

If anyone is getting together Friday or after the game Saturday, I might be up for it, as well.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:38 pm

I’m going down Thursday night. But damn you go to someplace you don’t usually go to and people who live within 50 miles all ask to see you. So Thursday and Friday people are coming to margaritaville in Hollywood. I feel obligated. How hard to grab a taxi to the game Saturday? Then back after?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:44 pm

DWags wrote:I’m going down Thursday night. But damn you go to someplace you don’t usually go to and people who live within 50 miles all ask to see you. So Thursday and Friday people are coming to margaritaville in Hollywood. I feel obligated. How hard to grab a taxi to the game Saturday? Then back after?

I'd recommend Uber or miRide (like Uber, but specific to South Florida & no surge pricing).
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:22 pm

I'm thinking of getting there around 9am. I know we'll have drinks. Miami, do you want to take my wife with you when you head there? She is working Friday night and wants me to get her an Uber.
There's going to be 8 of us together, 5 Miami fans, 1 OSU fan and my wife and I.
Heat - I might take you up on a parking pass, unless we end up parking in the Dolphin practice facility, since one of the guys going works for the Dolphins. He's trying to get parking passes for us though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:36 pm

Swill ballers. I like it!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:20 pm

InTenSity wrote:I'm thinking of getting there around 9am. I know we'll have drinks. Miami, do you want to take my wife with you when you head there? She is working Friday night and wants me to get her an Uber.
There's going to be 8 of us together, 5 Miami fans, 1 OSU fan and my wife and I.
Heat - I might take you up on a parking pass, unless we end up parking in the Dolphin practice facility, since one of the guys going works for the Dolphins. He's trying to get parking passes for us though.

I've got 5. Black North lot. Suite holder parking. Really... take 1. Or more.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:46 pm

Bump. Who's in town? Who wants to party in western Pembroke pines? Great views of i75.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:11 pm

InTenSity wrote:Bump. Who's in town? Who wants to party in western Pembroke pines? Great views of i75.

Wheels up in 9 minutes. I’ll be drinking at margaritaville by 6:30.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:06 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I'm thinking of getting there around 9am. I know we'll have drinks. Miami, do you want to take my wife with you when you head there? She is working Friday night and wants me to get her an Uber.

I’ll take one, Heat. I won’t be anywhere near Florida for the game, but it’s free, so…
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:24 pm

y'all can have Miami.. I'm gonna watch the game from Mio-mi... got my rabbit ears set up and everything.

Miami Roll Call 2Q==
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:32 pm

Heat Miser wrote:

I hadn't seen this the other day, but if you still have any, I'd be happy to take one. Not a big deal if not, though.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:36 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:y'all can have Miami.. I'm gonna watch the game from Mio-mi... got my rabbit ears set up and everything.

Miami Roll Call 2Q==

You can't fool us, we know that you love the extreme heat, sand, and something else (old people?), and would never miss a chance to come down.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:33 pm

Haven’t been to this area of Florida since 1983/84. Place has changed in 28 years. I guess so have I.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:47 pm

DWags wrote:Haven’t been to this area of Florida since 1983/84. Place has changed in 28 years. I guess so have I.

Significant sprawl. In Florida, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:09 pm

I'm jealous.
Post pics of the Swill Miami meet up
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:12 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:y'all can have Miami.. I'm gonna watch the game from Mio-mi... got my rabbit ears set up and everything.

Miami Roll Call 2Q==

You can't fool us, we know that you love the extreme heat, sand, and something else (old people?), and would never miss a chance to come down.
Miami Roll Call 502811600

I honestly think I'd rather be in Mio.

Have fun, home slice. Miami Roll Call 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:14 pm

I come down here check out the bar. Go to capones buy liquor come back to the room to drink and relax, turn the tv on and….. go’s sports Florida has The tiger rays on. Its a sign. We win by 6 boys. We’re invading this place.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:15 pm

Miami Roll Call 20210910
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:16 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:Haven’t been to this area of Florida since 1983/84. Place has changed in 28 years. I guess so have I.

Significant sprawl. In Florida, too.

Sorry, DWags, that was a cheap shot. It was easy and obvious, like low hanging fruit.

And your old man balls. Miami Roll Call 1966794946
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:23 pm

Dwags was a Cocaine Cowboy.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:02 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Dwags was a Cocaine Cowboy.

In the 70s, DWags was a rhinestone cowboy. 🤠
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:03 pm

Anyone heard what the game’s attendance is estimated to be?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:17 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Anyone heard what the game’s attendance is estimated to be?

I'm going to guess 50,000. Miami usually gets about 50-55K. While there will be more Spartans than Miami gets for most games with out of state opponents, I think Miami fan attendance will be down. There isn't a bandwagon for Miami this year, MSU isn't a high profile opponent, and the noon start will keep some Miami fans away.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:51 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Anyone heard what the game’s attendance is estimated to be?

I'm going to guess 50,000. Miami usually gets about 50-55K. While there will be more Spartans than Miami gets for most games with out of state opponents, I think Miami fan attendance will be down. There isn't a bandwagon for Miami this year, MSU isn't a high profile opponent, and the noon start will keep some Miami fans away.

Thanks, Miami.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:00 pm

Um, Dwags..... 83/84 was 38 years ago.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates, DWags and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:45 am

What's your game plan Duffy? You should catch a last minute flight and join up with the crew.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:27 am

steveschneider wrote:What's your game plan Duffy? You should catch a last minute flight and join up with the crew.

I had plans to go but reconsidered. I'm fully confident that between Wags and Jingles things will turn out fine.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:28 am

Jesus mary mother fo god, This is a different type of "heat' than Michigan hot and humid. I'm gong to seat through my bones today and tomorrow. I don't see how visititig teams can take this. I understand that Tucker turned the heat up in the Duff during practice this week, but holy mother of god, it's just different. Has to take a month to get acclimated to this shit. I thought I'd come down to the pool and catch up on paper workon the computer today. My laptop feels like it's been in an oven, i've had it out for 10 minutes. Advantage miami no doubt. Our two's and three's better have been in film room this week, we'll need a ton of subs.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:57 pm

DWags wrote:Jesus mary mother fo god, This is a different type of "heat' than Michigan hot and humid. I'm gong to seat through my bones today and tomorrow. I don't see how visititig teams can take this. I understand that Tucker turned the heat up in the Duff during practice this week, but holy mother of god, it's just different. Has to take a month to get acclimated to this shit. I thought I'd come down to the pool and catch up on paper workon the computer today. My laptop feels like it's been in an oven, i've had it out for 10 minutes. Advantage miami no doubt. Our two's and three's better have been in film room this week, we'll need a ton of subs.

It's the dew point. 90 degrees and 70% humidity in Michigan (dew point usually not higher than the 60s) is a lot different than 90 degrees and 70% humidity in Florida (dew point in the 70s).

The other challenge is that MSU's sideline will be in the sun all game, and Miami's will be in the shade all game. I don't know if we can have tents or at least umbrellas for the guys that come off the field, but that would help a little.

An overcast day would be helpful.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:38 pm

DWags wrote:Jesus mary mother fo god, This is a different type of "heat' than Michigan hot and humid. I'm gong to seat through my bones today and tomorrow. I don't see how visititig teams can take this. I understand that Tucker turned the heat up in the Duff during practice this week, but holy mother of god, it's just different. Has to take a month to get acclimated to this shit. I thought I'd come down to the pool and catch up on paper workon the computer today. My laptop feels like it's been in an oven, i've had it out for 10 minutes. Advantage miami no doubt. Our two's and three's better have been in film room this week, we'll need a ton of subs.
you forgot about the sand and old people.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:57 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

It's the dew point. 90 degrees and 70% humidity in Michigan (dew point usually not higher than the 60s) is a lot different than 90 degrees and 70% humidity in Florida (dew point in the 70s).

The other challenge is that MSU's sideline will be in the sun all game, and Miami's will be in the shade all game. I don't know if we can have tents or at least umbrellas for the guys that come off the field, but that would help a little.

If I was coach, I’d make that examination tent a lot bigger, or put three or four on the sideline, enough to fit at least 11 players at a time, preferably more. It would be justified by saying you need the extra space so players can hydrate intravenously.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:58 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

If I was coach, I’d make that examination tent a lot bigger, or put three or four on the sideline, enough to fit at least 11 players at a time, preferably more. It would be justified by saying you need the extra space so players can hydrate intravenously.

ETA: And add a few more of those cooling fans.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down