Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good, good, let the hate flow through you a little early: Bye week pregame thread

+21
SawGreen
Death Roe
Wally Fairway
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
duffy munn
The Pantry
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
Pervis Muldoon
Nordic
NigelUno
TrapperGus
Rick Saunders
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
DWags
MiamiSpartan
Turtleneck
25 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Good, good, let the hate flow through you a little early: Bye week pregame thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Good, good, let the hate flow through you a little early: Bye week pregame thread

Post by NigelUno Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:36 pm

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:This won't be just a suspension for nonconference games.

If proven that UM gained a competitive advantage, the NCAA/Big Ten is going to take away wins (and trophies).

And Jim Harbaugh will be coaching special teams for the Ravens.

I could be wrong though.  

Unfortunately I don't see it happening. The modern NCAA is all about money, and Michigan's hot streak is bringing in plenty. Michigan won't be punished, just like an SEC team probably wouldn't be.

The "NCAA" doesn't make money off of UM. Suspending Harbaugh or Vacating wins (for example) wouldn't impact revenue anyway.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Good, good, let the hate flow through you a little early: Bye week pregame thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Good, good, let the hate flow through you a little early: Bye week pregame thread

Post by NigelUno Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:38 pm

Would beating UM be a bigger upset than No. One vs. No One?

I say yes.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:13 pm

NigelUno wrote:Would beating UM be a bigger upset than No. One vs. No One?

I say yes.  

Absolutely. That 1990 team had more talent. Tico Ducket and Hyland Hickson. Courtney Hawkins. Bullough, Jenkins, Edwards on defense. And a coach who only flirted with the NFL, not flirted with the hired help. It practically ran the table after that win.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:17 pm

Having trouble letting the hate flow. Am I dying?!?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:30 pm

Nordic wrote:Having trouble letting the hate flow. Am I dying?!?

It will kick in when you see some Walverines wearing piss colored t shirts and yelling Go Blue.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:31 pm

No, but it might a kidney stone.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:34 pm

It's OK swill buddy, I think it's called "low t"... the doc can help.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:36 pm

MSU is playing okay when it isn't tripping over its own dick. Mistake free play might have a chance.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:29 pm

Ever since the UM president embarrassingly went all fanboy for Harbaugh, the favor has been repaid by ghosting the mother of a young woman who took her life after allegedly being assaulted by a UM football player, lied to NCAA investigators, and now this NCAA issue.

[tw]1715379526727770156?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:34 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Ever since the UM president embarrassingly went all fanboy for Harbaugh, the favor has been repaid by ghosting the mother of a young woman who took her life after allegedly being assaulted by a UM football player, lied to NCAA investigators, and now this NCAA issue.

[tw]1715379526727770156?s=20[/tw]

No matter how low they go just remember they are holding back.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:38 pm

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:This won't be just a suspension for nonconference games.

If proven that UM gained a competitive advantage, the NCAA/Big Ten is going to take away wins (and trophies).

And Jim Harbaugh will be coaching special teams for the Ravens.

I could be wrong though.  

Unfortunately I don't see it happening. The modern NCAA is all about money, and Michigan's hot streak is bringing in plenty. Michigan won't be punished, just like an SEC team probably wouldn't be.

Spot on and you have a good understanding of the modern ncaa. Money and ratings are king!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:38 am

I think this sign-stealing news is worse for MSU in this game. A couple of days from the rivalry game, they're told that they have to overhaul their signaling system. It was not an ideal time for the Big Ten to inform UM opponents.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:38 am

Pervis Muldoon wrote:I think this sign-stealing news is worse for MSU in this game. A couple of days from the rivalry game, they're told that they have to overhaul their signaling system. It was not an ideal time for the Big Ten to inform UM opponents.

Use fake signals for the touchdown play. Issue resolved
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:30 am

Pervis Muldoon wrote:I think this sign-stealing news is worse for MSU in this game. A couple of days from the rivalry game, they're told that they have to overhaul their signaling system. It was not an ideal time for the Big Ten to inform UM opponents.

From the X it seems like everyone knew they were doing this.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:02 pm

Good, good, let the hate flow through you a little early: Bye week pregame thread - Page 4 12050687
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:30 pm

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2023/10/5-things-michigan-state-must-do-to-upset-michigan.html
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4