Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump Supports Vaccines & Boosters, Yet ...

+9
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
Pervis Muldoon
kingstonlake
RQA
MiamiSpartan
PennSpartan
Bredo Morstoel
Trapper Gus
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Trump Supports Vaccines & Boosters, Yet ... - Page 3 Empty Re: Trump Supports Vaccines & Boosters, Yet ...

Post by RQA 2022-01-05, 19:07

Trapper Gus wrote:Nixon had a higher percentage of the popular vote, and Johnson had a higher percentage than Nixon.

So Xiden's election isn't even in the top 3 of "precedent"
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Trump Supports Vaccines & Boosters, Yet ... - Page 3 Empty Re: Trump Supports Vaccines & Boosters, Yet ...

Post by PennSpartan 2022-01-05, 19:47

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Nixon had a higher percentage of the popular vote, and Johnson had a higher percentage than Nixon.

Sorry you are having so many problems with this loss.  Tomorrow you can celebrate the greatest day in Republican history.  Another loss, unfortunately for you.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-01-05, 19:56

RQA wrote:

What an odd little obsession. You're still new here, and you have the opportunity to remake yourself as a poster with some integrity. Don't blow that by doubling, tripling and quadrupling down on a silly mistake. Nobody else in the history of this country had as many people vote against them in a single election as Trump did in 2020. It's by definition unprecedented. Everyone else here knows it, and I suspect you do too.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Cameron, AvgMSUJoe, Jake from State Farm and PennSpartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-05, 20:16

RQA wrote:

With Trump cheating his ass off is it any wonder you guys stuffed the boxes with red votes? /s
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-06, 08:39

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

What an odd little obsession. You're still new here, and you have the opportunity to remake yourself as a poster with some integrity. Don't blow that by doubling, tripling and quadrupling down on a silly mistake. Nobody else in the history of this country had as many people vote against them in a single election as Trump did in 2020. It's by definition unprecedented. Everyone else here knows it, and I suspect you do too.

Your endorsement of the term "unprecedented" to describe the 2020 presidential election ranks right up there with calling the summer riots of 2020 "peaceful protests" or Obamacare the "affordable care act" or the failed Xiden debt/inflation bill "Build Back Better".

There is nothing "unprecedented" about a close presidential election. By your logic if, hypothetically, Gov DeSantis defeats President Xiden in the 2024 election and in so doing collects 82 million votes that election would be "unprecedented".

Trump Supports Vaccines & Boosters, Yet ... - Page 3 502811600

RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-01-06, 08:51

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

What an odd little obsession.  You're still new here, and you have the opportunity to remake yourself as a poster with some integrity.  Don't blow that by doubling, tripling and quadrupling down on a silly mistake.  Nobody else in the history of this country had as many people vote against them in a single election as Trump did in 2020.  It's by definition unprecedented.  Everyone else here knows it, and I suspect you do too.  

Your endorsement of the term "unprecedented" to describe the 2020 presidential election ranks right up there with calling the summer riots of 2020 "peaceful protests" or Obamacare the "affordable care act" or the failed Xiden debt/inflation bill "Build Back Better".

There is nothing "unprecedented" about a close presidential election.   By your logic if, hypothetically,  Gov DeSantis defeats President Xiden in the 2024 election and in so doing collects 82 million votes that election would be "unprecedented".

Umm, yes.  You literally described the definition of unprecedented.

If you don't believe us, maybe you'll believe that liberal rag, The Merriam-Webster Dictionary.

unprecedented 

adjective

un·​prec·​e·​dent·​ed | \ ˌən-ˈpre-sə-ˌden-təd  \

Essential Meaning of unprecedented:

not done or experienced before

The team has enjoyed unprecedented success this year.
This level of growth is unprecedented.
An unprecedented number of students are taking the class.

Note the last example.  "Unprecedented number".  Thats what Pervis originally said.  Not unprecedented percentage.

But you're clearly trolling, so enjoy your Insurrection-versary today.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-01-06, 09:37

You guys really think a gleeful racist insurrection supporter understands the definition of unprecedented? C'mon.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-06, 09:42

I think that the Republican Party's embrace of the overthrow of democracy as their end goal is almost unprecedented in US history.

I say almost because of Aaron Burr.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-01-06, 10:13

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

There is nothing "unprecedented" about a close presidential election. By your logic if, hypothetically, Gov DeSantis defeats President Xiden in the 2024 election and in so doing collects 82 million votes that election would be "unprecedented".

New board, same RQA. This is the point in the discussion where I ask a question that you'll dodge, typically by ignoring it completely, asking me a question without answering mine, or giving a nonsensical non-answer.

Who, other than Donald Trump, has ever had over 81 million people vote against him or her in a single election in the United States?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-01-06, 10:22

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

DeathSantis won’t be running for President in 2024 because Adolph Trump would never tolerate that. Did you learn nothing during his dictatorship?
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-06, 11:21

PennSpartan wrote:
DeathSantis won’t be running for President in 2024 because Adolph Trump would never tolerate that. Did you learn nothing during his dictatorship?

DeSantis may or may not run in 2024 which is why I qualified my example with "hypthetically".

And what dictator has ever been voted out of office? Trump Supports Vaccines & Boosters, Yet ... - Page 3 2803167989
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-01-06, 11:23

No dictator RQA has ever supported except Trump whose coup is presently stalled but hardly dead.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-06, 11:30

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Who, other than Donald Trump, has ever had over 81 million people vote against him or her in a single election in the United States?

No one.

This is the point after I have answered the question that Pervis will choose to dodge my question.

Which 10 presidents won their election with highest percentage of the popular vote?

And since we elect presidents by electoral college votes and not via popular vote -

For extra credit: Which 10 presidents won the most electoral votes?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-06, 11:32

GRR Spartan wrote:No dictator RQA has ever supported except Trump whose coup is presently stalled but hardly dead.

Try this post again when you have calmed down a bit.

RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-06, 11:41

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

No one.

This is the point after I have answered the question that Pervis will choose to dodge my question.

Which 10 presidents won their election with highest percentage of the popular vote?

And since we elect presidents by electoral college votes and not via popular vote -

For extra credit:  Which 10 presidents won the most electoral votes?  

Your second question needs to be redone, as the number of EC votes have increased over the years.  George Washington remains the only person who received all the EC votes.

As for the first, LBJ and then Nixon are the top two, there was no popular vote for Washington's election.

As for Biden v Trump, Biden got the same or a couple more EC votes in 2020 than Trump in 2016.  Neither one had a huge number of EC votes unlike Reagan, LBJ or Nixon.

In pure numbers Biden got the most votes ever, Trump got the most votes ever for a loser, topping H. Clinton by a few.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-01-06, 11:59

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

No one.

For extra credit:  Which 10 presidents won the most electoral votes?  

Thank you!  You have confirmed that you know an unprecedented number of people voted against Donald Trump.  Any further complaining about my correct use of the word "unprecedented" will be seen for what it is: a desperate and completely dishonest attempt to save face.  

As for your questions, I'd have to look it up.  Washington, technically.  FDR, Nixon, probably LBJ, a few more of the founders like Jefferson, Madison, Monroe - not Adams, though.  Your former hero Reagan has to be close, your current hero Trump definitely not.

It's not actually relevant to our little disagreement (which ended when you confirmed my point), but if you'd care to list them I have no objection.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-01-06, 12:03

RQA wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

DeSantis may or may not run in 2024 which is why I qualified my example with "hypthetically".

And what dictator has ever been voted out of office? Trump Supports Vaccines & Boosters, Yet ... - Page 3 2803167989
Why use a hypothetical that is impossible? Trump would not stand for DeathSantis. Yes, Trump was a dictator who was voted out. But he didn’t go peacefully. He tried to overthrow the government. And failed.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-01-06, 12:09

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
RQA wrote:

How ironic. Pervis is chiding someone about reinventing themselves with a semantics argument.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-01-06, 12:18

In fairness to Pervis, there needn't have been a semantic argument if RQA wouldn't have thrown a hissy fit about the correct use of the term "unprecedented." But, apparently, nothing even vaguely positive about Biden/negative about Trump can be allowed to stand unchallenged, no matter how obviously correct the statement in question is.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-01-06, 12:22

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

No one.

For extra credit: Which 10 presidents won the most electoral votes?

You do realize that something can be unprecedented by one metric, and not by another, right? That's why Pervis stated the metric by which it is unprecedented (number of people that voted against Trump).

Its basic English. Not that hard. No one is going to argue that Biden won an unprecedented percentage of the vote, or an unprecedented number of electoral votes. What in the world is so hard about accepting the clear fact that an unprecedented NUMBER of people voted against Trump?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-01-06, 12:30

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

How ironic. Pervis is chiding someone about reinventing themselves with a semantics argument.

You seem to have a problem with me. Do you and I have a history? Your current screen name is unfamiliar to me.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-01-07, 08:45

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

You seem to have a problem with me. Do you and I have a history? Your current screen name is unfamiliar to me.

I have no problem with you.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-07, 09:02

PennSpartan wrote:Yes, Trump was a dictator who was voted out.

Trump Supports Vaccines & Boosters, Yet ... - Page 3 420617953

A dictator who was voted out?

Trump Supports Vaccines & Boosters, Yet ... - Page 3 2803167989
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-01-07, 10:26

RQA wrote:

More like a wannabe dictator that flunked out.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-01-07, 11:49

RQA wrote:

Yeah. See, he was only a dictator to Republicans. Still is. You fools live in fear of him. Democrats never paid any attention to his bullshit. And we threw his butt out. Twisted Evil
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-07, 12:22

Jake from State Farm wrote:
RQA wrote:

More like a wannabe dictator that flunked out.

So not a dictator. Make up your mind.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-07, 12:23

PennSpartan wrote:
RQA wrote:

Yeah. See, he was only a dictator to Republicans. Still is. You fools live in fear of him. Democrats never paid any attention to his bullshit. And we threw his butt out. Twisted Evil

Oh, so now he is a dictator to only half the country. Trump Supports Vaccines & Boosters, Yet ... - Page 3 502811600

And why is it that I fear him? Trump Supports Vaccines & Boosters, Yet ... - Page 3 276803595
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-01-07, 12:55

RQA wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

Oh, so now he is a dictator to only half the country. Trump Supports Vaccines & Boosters, Yet ... - Page 3 502811600

And why is it that I fear him? Trump Supports Vaccines & Boosters, Yet ... - Page 3 276803595
He will dictate everything in the GOP until he is dead. Ask Mitch and Graham and McCarthy and every other so called leader in your party why they fear him. But don’t cross him or you end up like Liz Cheney.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-07, 14:47

PennSpartan wrote:
RQA wrote:

He will dictate everything in the GOP until he is dead. Ask Mitch and Graham and McCarthy and every other so called leader in your party why they fear him. But don’t cross him or you end up like Liz Cheney.

You implied that I feared him. Did I misunderstand you? If not please explain why I would fear an ex-president.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-01-07, 15:19

RQA wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

You implied that I feared him. Did I misunderstand you? If not please explain why I would fear an ex-president.
I don’t have to explain anything to you. You aren’t my dictator. But Trump is yours. Trump Supports Vaccines & Boosters, Yet ... - Page 3 420617953
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-01-07, 19:12

I was in a dumb, tangential argument with RQA earlier in this thread.  Penn is in a dumb, tangential argument with RQA now.  I'm going to print those two sentences on separate sheets of paper, then overlay them on a window in the sunshine tomorrow.  Hopefully that will lead me to a common element that might provide a clue about how discussions go bad.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Cameron, Trapper Gus, kingstonlake and PennSpartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-01-07, 22:56

Pervis Muldoon wrote: Hopefully that will lead me to a common element that might provide a clue about how discussions go bad.

I can figure that out for you even in the shade - liberals.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-01-08, 07:28

Pervis Muldoon wrote:I was in a dumb, tangential argument with RQA earlier in this thread.  Penn is in a dumb, tangential argument with RQA now.  I'm going to print those two sentences on separate sheets of paper, then overlay them on a window in the sunshine tomorrow.  Hopefully that will lead me to a common element that might provide a clue about how discussions go bad.
Rqa=Bill Cain of tBin.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-01-08, 08:54

QAnon influencer who spread conspiracy theories and misinformation about COVID-19 dies after contracting the virus
https://www.businessinsider.com/anti-vaxx-qanon-influencer-dies-after-contracting-covid-2022-1
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-12, 09:17

Former President Trump slammed politicians who refuse to reveal whether they have received their COVID vaccine booster shots, calling them "gutless" in an interview with One American News Network.

Driving the news: While Trump did not specifically name anyone, some GOP politicians, including Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, have dodged questions about their booster status.

DeSantis' staff told Politico last week that they were not sure whether the governor had received a third vaccine shot because it was a "private medical" decision.

What Trump is saying: "I watched a couple of politicians be interviewed and one of the questions was, ‘Did you get the booster?' because they had the vaccine ... They're answering like, in other words, the answer is 'yes,' but but they don’t want to say it, because they’re gutless," said Trump, who revealed he was boosted in December.

"You got to say it, whether you had it or not, say it," he added. "The fact is, I think the vaccine has saved tens of millions of people throughout the world. I have had absolutely no side effects."

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-01-12, 09:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : formatting)
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-01-12, 11:57

Trapper Gus wrote:Former President Trump slammed politicians who refuse to reveal whether they have received their COVID vaccine booster shots, calling them "gutless" in an interview with One American News Network.

Driving the news: While Trump did not specifically name anyone, some GOP politicians, including Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, have dodged questions about their booster status.

DeSantis' staff told Politico last week that they were not sure whether the governor had received a third vaccine shot because it was a "private medical" decision.

What Trump is saying: "I watched a couple of politicians be interviewed and one of the questions was, ‘Did you get the booster?' because they had the vaccine ... They're answering like, in other words, the answer is 'yes,' but but they don’t want to say it, because they’re gutless," said Trump, who revealed he was boosted in December.

"You got to say it, whether you had it or not, say it," he added. "The fact is, I think the vaccine has saved tens of millions of people throughout the world. I have had absolutely no side effects."

DeathSantis had the J&J, so definitely hasn't gotten a 3rd shot (kind of dumb of the reporter to phrase it like that, just say "booster"). I thought I saw something a couple of weeks ago that he had not gotten the booster, but maybe he was avoiding that question. I just remember something about him talking about how he got the vaccine so he was protected. I think it was a long time before he even admitted to that.

But it isn't like Trump is one to talk as he didn't admit that he got the vaccine for quite a few months.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-01-12, 12:07

In other words it appears he may run again.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-12, 12:30

kingstonlake wrote:In other words it appears he may run again.

I'm reading his promoting of vaccinations as a move to the center to gain more votes, yes.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3