Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swill Poll: Do you prefer Harbaugh to the NFL or stay at UofM?

+20
MiamiSpartan
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
The Pantry
Three_Putt_Par
Other Teams Pursuing That
Motown Spartan
Probably CF
tGreenWay
DWags
Nordic
AvgMSUJoe
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
MSU addict
Pervis Muldoon
Turtleneck
Dendrobates
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do you want Harbaugh to stay or leave UofM?

Swill Poll: Do you prefer Harbaugh to the NFL or stay at UofM? Vote_lcap48%Swill Poll: Do you prefer Harbaugh to the NFL or stay at UofM? Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 11 ]
Swill Poll: Do you prefer Harbaugh to the NFL or stay at UofM? Vote_lcap52%Swill Poll: Do you prefer Harbaugh to the NFL or stay at UofM? Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 23

Swill Poll: Do you prefer Harbaugh to the NFL or stay at UofM? Empty Swill Poll: Do you prefer Harbaugh to the NFL or stay at UofM?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-02-01, 23:45

think this could be interesting to see the results.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Swill Poll: Do you prefer Harbaugh to the NFL or stay at UofM? Empty Re: Swill Poll: Do you prefer Harbaugh to the NFL or stay at UofM?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-02-01, 23:57

I don’t think either scenario is good for them tbh, so I voted leave because I’m a little bored with the status quo. I want a new loser to make fun of
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Swill Poll: Do you prefer Harbaugh to the NFL or stay at UofM? Empty Re: Swill Poll: Do you prefer Harbaugh to the NFL or stay at UofM?

Post by tGreenWay 2022-02-02, 02:41

I’m all about keeping him in aa. He’s worn out his welcome there and he’s under contract until what—‘25? They deserve each other. I also think this season’s success will prove an outlier. Reverting to 3rd place with losses to us and osu every year will make things even more uncomfortable for everyone.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-02-02, 03:09

It’s the Devil we know. I don’t want them hiring a coach that catches fire. Harbaugh has a losing record against MSU often loses in Ann Arbor. Besides I love beating him
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-02-02, 06:36

I'd love to keep watching their heartbreaks with Harbaugh , and the pressure constantly increasing on him.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-02-02, 06:43

Yeah, along the lines of what Greenway and Dwags said, he hasn't been great at UM. One good season (which was really just one good game against OSU) after 6 or 7 mediocre seasons, doesn't make it an upward trend.

And we don't want them to somehow get a home run hire.

But there's as much of a chance they'll get another RichRod/Hoke, too.

So I guess I don't really care at this point. Too many unknowns.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-02-02, 06:59

DWags wrote:It’s the Devil we know. I don’t want them hiring a coach that catches fire. Harbaugh has a losing record against MSU often loses in Ann Arbor. Besides I love beating him

On the list of things to worry about in your life dwags this is just behind being eaten by an alligator. Stop being a coward
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-02-02, 06:59

I'll give UM credit for beating Ohio State this past season, but they lose that game 7.5 times out of 10

They then went on to beat a very pedestrian Iowa team, probably the 4th best team in the Big Ten in the championship game.

Then got embarrassed on the biggest stage of all vs. Georgia. Let's face it, UGA could've won that game by 7 TDs if they had wanted to.

I tend to agree with the line of thinking that Harbaugh staying at UM would lead to more hysterical debacles for the leaders and the best, and I'd love to witness them. There's a chance they could get a homerun hire if he leaves, but there is also a chance they completely fuck it up, too.

They're the new ND.. living off of "The Brand" and the amplification of it by a network. One good year (let's face it, one good game) doesn't change the fact that UM football is an empty suit.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-02-02, 07:29

Leave. Will be fun to watch the turmoil to rebuild.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-02-02, 07:35

Stay. But I love the idea of him punking the fan base. #dreamjob #iddoitforfree
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-02-02, 07:40

I have waffled on this for some time now, but I'm landing on the side of jilting u of m.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-02, 09:08

I'm loving the idea of UofM fans stuck with a coach they know wants to leave ...

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-02-02, 12:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:It’s the Devil we know. I don’t want them hiring a coach that catches fire. Harbaugh has a losing record against MSU often loses in Ann Arbor. Besides I love beating him

On the list of things to worry about in your life dwags this is just behind being eaten by an alligator. Stop being a coward

Travis, sometimes you’re very mean to me. You’re implying that I’m really “worried” instead of just bullshitting on a message board. I’m not a crazed soccer fan. I’m a college sports fan who is talking with fellow Spartans. Stop being mean.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-02-02, 12:59

dead even in the poll!

i agree with wags we should all be nice to each other. spread love.
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-02-02, 13:01

DWags wrote:

Travis, sometimes you’re very mean to me. You’re implying that I’m really “worried” instead of just bullshitting on a message board.  I’m not a crazed soccer fan.  I’m a college sports fan who is talking with fellow Spartans.  Stop being mean.

I believe in my heart of hearts that you are losing sleep over this
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-02-02, 13:41

I know three people eaten by alligators. It’s offense to see Travis try to minimize the alligator threat.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-02, 13:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:dead even in the poll!

i agree with wags we should all be nice to each other. spread love.

Either stay or leave is causing heartburn in A2, both are good ...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-02-02, 14:02

DWags wrote:

Travis, sometimes you’re very mean to me. You’re implying that I’m really “worried” instead of just bullshitting on a message board.  I’m not a crazed soccer fan.  I’m a college sports fan who is talking with fellow Spartans.  Stop being mean.

Not as much as I am outraged that you till are celebrating your 20/21 swill pick em championship during Covid, while my reign as Champion with no covid stoppage is under way. It's making me very anxious. People at a glance might not realize my greatness.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-02-02, 14:05

DWags wrote:

Not as much as I am outraged that you till are celebrating your 20/21 swill pick em championship during Covid, while my reign as Champion with no covid stoppage is under way. It's making me very anxious. People at a glance might not realize my greatness.

Am I not still the 2020/21 champion? I am.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-02-02, 14:09

Anyway, here is my rumor through a friend of a friend connected or not whose grandpa and my dad had beers together up north when they could but who are both dead now, so make your own conclusions on the bull shittedness of this rumor.

A GA for Bama has said, to friends that B'OB, believes the Michigan job is his if he so chooses.

hahahahahahahahahahahahah. That's actual gossip, I recived via text. You guys figure out who the GA for BAMA is. But I can tell you it's a guy who would never go to Michigan with BO'B.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-02-02, 14:13

DWags wrote:

Yes, and we're still technically the 65 National Champions in football. So, you're correct. I guess it just makes me bitter. Like When Bon Jovi walked out on stage at the Hillary rally night before the election in 2016 and all I can think of was WTF!!!! You bastard. WTF!!!! Go be old and take your old glory days with you. I sitll blame him for Trump.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-02-02, 14:23

DWags wrote:

Yes, and we're still technically the 65 National Champions in football. So, you're correct. I guess it just makes me bitter. Like When Bon Jovi walked out on stage at the Hillary rally night before the election in 2016 and all I can think of was WTF!!!! You bastard. WTF!!!! Go be old and take your old glory days with you. I sitll blame him for Trump.

I think making the other team bitter and sad is why our stadium has 1965 prominently displayed inside of it tbh. If we find something we’d rather put in that spot, like a picture of a pineapple or something, I imagine we would
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-02-02, 14:56

DWags wrote:

I think making the other team bitter and sad is why our stadium has 1965 prominently displayed inside of it tbh. If we find something we’d rather put in that spot, like a picture of a pineapple or something, I imagine we would

So you admit, it’s just to make the other guy bitter and sad. Hmmmm.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-02-02, 15:01

DWags wrote:Anyway, here is my rumor through a friend of a friend connected or not whose grandpa and my dad had beers together up north when they could but who are both dead now, so make your own conclusions on the bull shittedness of this rumor.

A GA for Bama has said, to friends that B'OB, believes the Michigan job is his if he so chooses.

hahahahahahahahahahahahah. That's actual gossip, I recived via text. You guys figure out who the GA for BAMA is. But I can tell you it's a guy who would never go to Michigan with BO'B.

Your gossip is so saucy!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-02-02, 15:07

DWags wrote:

Only my enemies. Are you my enemy dwags? I don’t think you’re my enemy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-02-02, 15:39

DWags wrote:

I don’t want to be your enemy Travis. That thought is distressing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-02-02, 17:03

DWags wrote:

I don’t want to be your enemy either :)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-02-02, 17:49

DWags wrote:

The real question is where on your list of worries is Travis being your enemy compared to Harbaugh going to the NFL and you getting eaten by an alligator?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-02-02, 18:11

15 votes. maybe there are only 15 posters here
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-02, 18:13

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:15 votes. maybe there are only 15 posters here

maybe the poll needs a "don't care" option ...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-02-02, 18:54

Trapper Gus wrote:

Don’t care/I’m lying to myself
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-02-02, 18:54

I don't want to rush my decision.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-02-02, 18:59

Trapper Gus wrote:

That is where I am at - I really don't care. Harbaugh is an odd duck, but a very good football coach who has underwhelmed. I am confident that their next coach will be a very good football coach who will also underwhelm. Their problems are more systemic in nature.

Who ever their coach is next year - I would rather have Mel Tucker.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-02, 19:15

MSU addict wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

That is where I am at - I really don't care. Harbaugh is an odd duck, but a very good football coach who has underwhelmed. I am confident that their next coach will be a very good football coach who will also underwhelm. Their problems are more systemic in nature.

Who ever their coach is next year - I would rather have Mel Tucker.

Some, I included, think that as top-level football coaches go, he is more middle of the pack than "very good". You could be right that it is all culture at UofM, but top guys, see CMT, change the culture. Heck, Bo changed the culture from a place that mostly lost to MSU to one that didn't.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-02-02, 19:30

Harbs is coming back according to espn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-02-02, 19:43

Dwags you can blow out the prayer candles you got your wish
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-02-02, 19:50

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Harbs is coming back according to espn
great news.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-02-02, 20:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Harbs is coming back according to espn

Sounds like the interview went poorly and he wasn't offered the job. Which is hilarious.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-02-02, 20:23

Sooo... I thought he was the one to "worry" about after Richrod and Hoke... I was wrong. So, who cares.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-02-02, 20:25

I guess the sleepover with the GM didn't go well?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next