Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump Biden or Liz Cheney

+9
MiamiSpartan
GRR Spartan
Trapper Gus
Travis of the Cosmos
aualum06
Rick Saunders
kingstonlake
Pervis Muldoon
DWags
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Trump Biden or Liz Cheney  Empty Trump Biden or Liz Cheney

Post by DWags 2022-07-01, 12:40

Who would you pull the tab for?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trump Biden or Liz Cheney  Empty Re: Trump Biden or Liz Cheney

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-07-01, 12:57

Biden
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-07-01, 13:02

I’d have to look at her record (doubt it though) but I know she’s got more courage than both of them combined.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-07-01, 13:08

And she’s going to lose to one or more of these idiots.

[tw]1542869181716201472?s=21&t=_SkWxlzdw5ZIV2fugRuRrQ[/tw]
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-07-01, 13:14

kingstonlake wrote:I’d have to look at her record (doubt it though) but I know she’s got more courage than both of them combined.

That's how I feel. In the end, it would be about policy, intelligence, honesty/integrity and leadership. Part of leadership is putting the job above the re-election. I think Liz wins that leadership contest here but I don't think she'd win the policy contest for me.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-07-01, 13:17

kingstonlake wrote:And she’s going to lose to one or more of these idiots.

There might be more people in that studio than there are PBS viewers in Wyoming outside of Laramie.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-07-01, 13:17

kingstonlake wrote:And she’s going to lose to one or more of these idiots.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't real
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-07-01, 13:22

kingstonlake wrote:I’d have to look at her record (doubt it though) but I know she’s got more courage than both of them combined.

She’s still a Cheney Kingston, you wouldn’t have to look that hard
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-07-01, 13:47

Rick Saunders wrote:

That's how I feel.  In the end, it would be about policy, intelligence, honesty/integrity and leadership.  Part of leadership is putting the job above the re-election.  I think Liz wins that leadership contest here but I don't think she'd win the policy contest for me.  

She would lose me on policy.

Here's her answer to a question about healthcare...

Q: One of the biggest domestic issues facing this country today is health care reform. Do you think Republicans should emphasize their plans?

CHENEY: Yes. We do need to recognize that health care costs are out of control. There is a need for tort reform, to purchase insurance across state lines, and to find ways to insure people with pre-existing conditions. I don't think we can salvage any of ObamaCare, and this disaster must be repealed. I would hope that even this president is having a wake-up call, realizing that the federal government cannot effectively run massive and complicated parts of our economy. Just look at this tax on medical devices. I have a 13-year-old daughter with diabetes that is reliant on a medical device. My father is alive today because of medical devices. Yet the Democrats want a tax that would create a disincentive for people to invent. This is fundamentally wrong.

Her dad had his expensive heart procedures paid for by us taxpayers. But should we have taxpayer-funded healthcare? Apparently not. What's her first remedy for us? Tort reform.

No, thank you.

Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Cameron, DWags, kingstonlake, Rick Saunders and PennSpartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-07-01, 14:11

Biden
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-07-01, 14:24

Cheney has a place on her website explaining to Democrats in Wyoming how to change your party affiliation so you can vote Republican in the primary. That tells me a couple of things, one, that she and her staff see that she’s behind in polling in Wyoming, and two whether she wins her primary or not, she plans on running for president. Even though I think she has the biggest balls in the republican party, it would be hard for me to get by some of her political beliefs.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-07-01, 14:45

DWags wrote:Cheney has a place on her website explaining to Democrats in Wyoming how to change your party affiliation so you can vote Republican in the primary. That tells me a couple of things, one, that she and her staff see that she’s behind in polling in Wyoming, and two whether she wins her primary or not, she plans on running for president. Even though I think she has the biggest balls in the republican party, it would be hard for me to get by some of her political beliefs.

At least she wouldn't be an 80 year old white guy
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-07-01, 14:52

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:Cheney has a place on her website explaining to Democrats in Wyoming how to change your party affiliation so you can vote Republican in the primary. That tells me a couple of things, one, that she and her staff see that she’s behind in polling in Wyoming, and two whether she wins her primary or not, she plans on running for president. Even though I think she has the biggest balls in the republican party, it would be hard for me to get by some of her political beliefs.

At least she wouldn't be an 80 year old white guy

The better Liz is going to be 75 in 2022. Disappointing, but she's kind of like the Energizer Bunny.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Pervis Muldoon and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-07-01, 15:55

Never thought I’d see a time when a Cheney would be seen as the voice of reason and laws for the GOP.

Closer to home here’s an article about the folks seeking the GOP nomination for governor.

3rd paragraph states Rinke (the candidate with the zombie ad) was the only one of the five on the ballot who believes there should be exceptions for rape and incest in abortion law. As importantly the only one who didn’t claim Trump was the true winner of the 2020 election.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2022/07/michigan-republican-gubernatorial-candidates-trade-barbs-in-testy-debate.html

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-07-01, 16:02

I'm more about honesty and integrity than policy.  I think both Biden and Cheney have that.  If I felt that a Cheney presidency could bring the Republican party back to normalcy (Trump ass kissers losing local and state races and a return of Cheneys, Kinzingers, Romneys, etc.), I'd vote Cheney.  Not out of support for those policies but to rid the party of the Seditionists and get us back to comparatively civil politics in Washington.

If a Cheny presidency wouldn't change the rest of the political climate, then Biden.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, GRR Spartan and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-07-01, 16:16

Miami, based on what we are seeing from the GOP  in FL, TX, MI, PA, IL, WI, MO, SD, ND, ID and  MT, I don’t think there are enough sane Republicans to bring back the party of Eisenhower, Jerry Ford, in MI Bill Miliken or even Barry Goldwater.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-07-01, 16:39

Gee. Progressives hating Dems and backing Republicans. Where have I heard that before? Is it 2016 and am I outside the Convention Hall again?
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-07-01, 16:46

PennSpartan wrote:Gee. Progressives hating Dems and backing Republicans. Where have I heard that before? Is it 2016 and am I outside the Convention Hall again?
You prove over and over that "asshole" isn't along party lines.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-07-01, 16:48

Cheney running in the general as a third would be quite interesting. Probably favors trump though.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-07-01, 17:00

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:Gee. Progressives hating Dems and backing Republicans. Where have I heard that before? Is it 2016 and am I outside the Convention Hall again?
You prove over and over that "asshole" isn't along party lines.
I’m the asshole? I’m not the Democrat who has already quit on Biden in year two, like so many here. Do you people quit on MSU when they get behind in the 2nd quarter? Progressives are an embarrassment to this party. Whine and bitch and complain. Everything is someone else’s fault. Unreal.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-07-01, 17:04

MiamiSpartan wrote:I'm more about honesty and integrity than policy.  I think both Biden and Cheney have that.  If I felt that a Cheney presidency could bring the Republican party back to normalcy (Trump ass kissers losing local and state races and a return of Cheneys, Kinzingers, Romneys, etc.), I'd vote Cheney.  Not out of support for those policies but to rid the party of the Seditionists and get us back to comparatively civil politics in Washington.

If a Cheny presidency wouldn't change the rest of the political climate, then Biden.

There's not a lot of integrity in using her dad's great lifesaving government healthcare as a reason to tell us we need to fend for ourselves with the insurance companies.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-07-01, 17:12

DWags wrote:Who would you pull the tab for?  

This is a great topic, DWags.  I'm a little concerned that just by clearing the low bar of not being a MAGA, Cheney has caused people to overlook her policies.  She is very conservative and has a history of attacking party members who compromise with Democrats.  She looks like a reasonable adult next to Trump, but who doesn't?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-07-01, 17:15

"In my view, obstructing President Obama's policies and his agenda isn't actually obstruction; it's patriotism."

Liz Cheney
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

DWags, AvgMSUJoe, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-07-01, 17:29

Just because one "conservative" shows a shred of integrity doesn't mean the psycho should be running the country. She's still a republican. (The party of Bush and Regan, yuck)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Cameron, DWags, Pervis Muldoon, kingstonlake and PennSpartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-07-01, 18:32

GRR Spartan wrote:Never thought I’d see a time when a Cheney would be seen as the voice of reason and laws for the GOP.

Closer to home here’s an article about the folks seeking the GOP nomination for governor.

3rd paragraph states Rinke (the candidate with the zombie ad) was the only one of the five on the ballot who believes there should be exceptions for rape and incest in abortion law. As importantly the only one who didn’t claim Trump was the true winner of the 2020 election.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2022/07/michigan-republican-gubernatorial-candidates-trade-barbs-in-testy-debate.html

I think Whitmer has a lot more support than it seems at least I hope she does because the Republican candidates are scary
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-07-01, 21:12

Arizona says hold my beer

[tw]1542915789845561346?t=LOZoNZ8KLc9FT-Dy7q5Shg&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-07-01, 21:42

Is Trump Biden related to Steve People?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-07-01, 23:02

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
DWags wrote:Who would you pull the tab for?  

This is a great topic, DWags.  I'm a little concerned that just by clearing the low bar of not being a MAGA, Cheney has caused people to overlook her policies.  She is very conservative and has a history of attacking party members who compromise with Democrats.  She looks like a reasonable adult next to Trump, but who doesn't?

Well, I mean, the topic (which you called great) is literally just putting her next to Trump and Biden. So naturally people are putting her above Trump.

And if I'm not mistaken, everyone here who voiced any support for her also noted that it isn't based on policy, so no one is overlooking her policies (the opposite, in fact).

But policy, especially domestic policy, doesn't move the needle much for me when it comes to Presidents. They can't do a lot without Congress. I don't have a big political agenda that I want pushed through. I just want honest, good faith evaluation and negotiation of things. Of course, that was pre-Trump. It's a different world, now.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-07-02, 00:01

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Just because one "conservative" shows a shred of integrity doesn't mean the psycho should be running the country. She's still a republican. (The party of Bush and Regan, yuck)

This is the correct answer. If those are the only three choices, it's really no choice at all. I'll be goddamned if I ever vote for a fucking Cheney.

But, Christ, I hope we can do a little fucking better than any of these turds in 2024. Won't hold my breath, though...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-07-02, 06:20

Cameron wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Just because one "conservative" shows a shred of integrity doesn't mean the psycho should be running the country. She's still a republican. (The party of Bush and Regan, yuck)

This is the correct answer. If those are the only three choices, it's really no choice at all. I'll be goddamned if I ever vote for a fucking Cheney.

But, Christ, I hope we can do a little fucking better than any of these turds in 2024. Won't hold my breath, though...
Okay, give us some names. Who are the top two or three people you think would be a great President.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-07-02, 07:41

I find it weird that people say…. “yeah well who’s better”. It’s a not so clever way of deflecting from their preferred candidates failures. Here’s the rub. There’s no comparing. There’s only first hand experience what what you’ve been given. In this case, moderates. No amount of yelling at progressives is gonna change that. Moderates have failed. I was one of them. But at least I can admit it. When your candidates best attribute is, “well he’s not Trump”, then you’ve lost.

Gooooooo moderates. Oh yeah, I forgot. When they take away a woman’s rights, your voting rights, deconstruct the voting will of the people, and let a group of religious zealots run wild….. Just go high. That’ll show em!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-07-02, 07:44

kingstonlake wrote:I find it weird that people say…. “yeah well who’s better”. It’s a not so clever way of deflecting from their preferred candidates failures. Here’s the rub. There’s no comparing. There’s only first hand experience what what you’ve been given. In this case, moderates. No amount of yelling at progressives is gonna change that. Moderates have failed. I was one of them. But at least I can admit it. When your candidates best attribute is, “well he’s not Trump”, then you’ve lost.

Gooooooo moderates. Oh yeah, I forgot. When they take away a woman’s rights, your voting rights, deconstruct the voting will of the people, and let a group of religious zealots run wild….. Just go high. That’ll show em!
Show some balls. Give us your preferred choice for 2024.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-07-02, 08:02

PennSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I find it weird that people say…. “yeah well who’s better”. It’s a not so clever way of deflecting from their preferred candidates failures. Here’s the rub. There’s no comparing. There’s only first hand experience what what you’ve been given. In this case, moderates. No amount of yelling at progressives is gonna change that. Moderates have failed. I was one of them. But at least I can admit it. When your candidates best attribute is, “well he’s not Trump”, then you’ve lost.

Show some balls.  Give us your preferred choice for 2024.

Doesn't matter. Joe Biden is the President I voted for. And I get to judge his job performance. I'll make my decision once the list of available candidates is in front of me.

The only thing I will promise you is that none of them would make me vote for Trump if they get the nomination.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-07-02, 08:06

If I was choosing in reply to Penn would be Elizibeth Warran as who I want as President ...

However, Biden is the choice of the people, right now.

[tw]1542826505994117120[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-07-02, 08:32

kingstonlake wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
Show some balls.  Give us your preferred choice for 2024.

Doesn't matter. Joe Biden is the President I voted for. And I get to judge his job performance. I'll make my decision once the list of available candidates is in front of me.

The only thing I will promise you is that none of them would make me vote for Trump if they get the nomination.
In other words, you got nothing.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-07-02, 08:35

Trapper Gus wrote:If I was choosing in reply to Penn would be Elizibeth Warran as who I want as President ...

I think Warren would get crushed in the general if she managed to win the nomination. If we’re going to elect a Progressive, at least make it a fresh face. Bernie and Liz are dead meat.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-07-02, 08:37

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:If I was choosing in reply to Penn would be Elizibeth Warran as who I want as President ...

I think Warren would get crushed in the general if she managed to win the nomination. If we’re going to elect a Progressive, at least make it a fresh face. Bernie and Liz are dead meat.

I don't disagree. Enough people just will not vote for a woman as President. One of the factors as to why Clinton lost.

Sanders would stand a better chance.

BTW - someone who is supporting Biden should not be bringing up age.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-07-02, 08:53

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

I don't disagree. Enough people just will not vote for a woman as President. One of the factors as to why Clinton lost.

I want to see AOC run. I’m not a fan, but I’ve been hearing for several years now how wonderful and smart she is. It’s time to find out. Personally, I think it would be George McGovern all over again if she got the nomination, but prove me wrong.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-07-02, 08:56

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I want to see AOC run. I’m not a fan, but I’ve been hearing for several years now how wonderful and smart she is. It’s time to find out. Personally, I think it would be George McGovern all over again if she got the nomination, but prove me wrong.

She is a much better politician than that. thus, she probably will never run for President.

I'm thinking she works her way up in the House to a leadership position.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-07-02, 09:08

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

She is a much better politician than that. thus, she probably will never run for President.

What does this even mean? You have to be a bad politician to run for President?
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next