Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you recommend for a pressure washer?

4 posters

Go down

What do you recommend for a pressure washer? Empty What do you recommend for a pressure washer?

Post by tGreenWay Fri 12 Aug 2022 - 18:15

Looking for brand names, including ones to avoid, psi minimums/maximums, gas or electric, particular attachments, and anything else you can offer.
Never thought I’d be interested in getting one of those, but here we are.
Thanks.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

What do you recommend for a pressure washer? Empty Re: What do you recommend for a pressure washer?

Post by Turtleneck Fri 12 Aug 2022 - 19:38

Sounds like Mrs. GreenWay needs to give Mr. GreenWay his annual cleaning. The filth must be several layers deep this year.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What do you recommend for a pressure washer? Empty Re: What do you recommend for a pressure washer?

Post by InTenSity Sat 13 Aug 2022 - 9:55

What's it for?  I have a cheap electric one from lowes.  Probably around $100 I think it's 1800 psi. I was also given a gas powered one around 3k psi, which I like better,  but it only runs for about 15 min.  If it's small jobs,  just go cheap. My wife liked the electric to clean the bathroom.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Sat 13 Aug 2022 - 10:07

Offering any advice depends on what you plan to use it on, how long you plan to use it when you do, how many times a year you would plan to use it.

The best ones are gas powered with triaxial pumps - they run at the highest pressure and can go for thousands of hours before any maintenance. They are also the most expensive.

My advice - get someone you know well to buy a good one and borrow it.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 13 Aug 2022 - 10:37

Thanks, guys. My initial plan is to blast a bunch of 5-tier plastic shelving that’s been in the basement for ~20 years. You know, the crap that builds up on those things, particularly cobwebs and dead bugs. With ventilated shelves, there’s too much to clean by hand.
After that, I figured I’d clean whatever, whenever.
Based on your responses, it’s looking like I’ll just rent one for a couple of days. Thanks again!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down