Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official 22/23 MSU basketball thread. No pressure everyone counts us out but us.

+18
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Motown Spartan
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
aualum06
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
Pervis Muldoon
Trapper Gus
Nordic
RQA
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
duffy munn
tGreenWay
AvgMSUJoe
DWags
22 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The official 22/23 MSU basketball thread.  No pressure everyone counts us out but us.  Empty The official 22/23 MSU basketball thread. No pressure everyone counts us out but us.

Post by DWags 2022-10-12, 21:10

Hopefully injury free and a short bench.

Izzo on the portal. I get where he’s coming from.

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/LongFormArticle/Michigan-State-basketball-Tom-Izzo-explains-not-prioritizing-transfer-portal-at-Big-Ten-Media-Days-195300077/#195300077_1
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The official 22/23 MSU basketball thread.  No pressure everyone counts us out but us.  Empty Re: The official 22/23 MSU basketball thread. No pressure everyone counts us out but us.

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-10-12, 21:24

Final 4, if not izzo's #2.

Hoggard will be in the Npoy discussion.

Let's fucking go.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

The official 22/23 MSU basketball thread.  No pressure everyone counts us out but us.  Empty Re: The official 22/23 MSU basketball thread. No pressure everyone counts us out but us.

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-13, 11:19

IB4 Turtleneck jinxes yet another Spartan sports season.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-10-13, 11:28

Make the tournament, beat Michigan and then reload for a title run
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-10-13, 15:33

tGreenWay wrote:IB4 Turtleneck jinxes yet another Spartan sports season.

9-19
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-13, 16:23

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:IB4 Turtleneck jinxes yet another Spartan sports season.

9-19

For you, this is a generous prediction.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-10-18, 13:21

It's crazy how there are so many overseas leagues. Imagine a guy like Raymar seeing the world and getting paid to play hoops. That's a better route than joining the U.S. Navy.

Spartans in pro hoops: Tracking down former Michigan State players from the NBA to Taiwan
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay, duffy munn, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-10-18, 22:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:It's crazy how there are so many overseas leagues. Imagine a guy like Raymar seeing the world and getting paid to play hoops. That's a better route than joining the U.S. Navy.

Spartans in pro hoops: Tracking down former Michigan State players from the NBA to Taiwan

Very cool that guys like Raymar, Summers and Trice are still out there. Ward is killing it.
But damn Miles did you ever fuck up.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-10-18, 23:00

You just know Durrell Summers has the finest Mexican weed going.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-10-18, 23:21

DWags wrote:You just know Durrell Summers has the finest Mexican weed going.

He plays better pie eyed
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-10-19, 09:37

I really don't get the pessimism over MSU basketball.

We have 3 talented guards and 2 good forwards. I get it that we don't have size at center if we play that lineup and that will likely keep us from being a top 10 team and Final Four contender. But a lineup of Akins, Hoggard, Walker, Hall and Houser will be good enough to be in Big10 contention and be a NCAA tourny team.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

DWags and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-10-19, 09:45

RQA wrote:I really don't get the pessimism over MSU basketball.

We have 3 talented guards and 2 good forwards. I get it that we don't have size at center if we play that lineup and that will likely keep us from being a top 10 team and Final Four contender. But a lineup of Akins, Hoggard, Walker, Hall and Houser will be good enough to be in Big10 contention and be a NCAA tourny team.

I love the shorter bench. However, it’s still going to come down to our big man and how well they’ve developed in the off-season.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-10-19, 10:46

DWags wrote:

I love the shorter bench. However, it’s still going to come down to our big man and how well they’ve developed in the off-season.
I don't know about that... They wont need scoring down low. Rebounds, D and good fouls.

There were times Hoggard, Walker, Hall and Houser all showed they could take over games last year. Another year of experience and I am looking forward to big things.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-10-19, 11:03

DWags wrote:Hopefully injury free and a short bench.

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/LongFormArticle/Michigan-State-basketball-Tom-Izzo-explains-not-prioritizing-transfer-portal-at-Big-Ten-Media-Days-195300077/#195300077_1

The more minutes Steven Izzo gets is directly proportional to the number of wins we will have.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-10-19, 11:09

Nordic wrote:

The more minutes Steven Izzo gets is directly proportional to the number of wins we will have.

Feels like a statistics class could use this as an example of something...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-19, 11:20

Hoggard and Akins in particular are going to make this team their own. Each have a toughness and competitive fire we haven’t always seen in the past, I don’t know, say ten-ish years. Those two have Izzo-type on-court personalities, ready to scrap and fight to win.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-10-19, 11:39

Nordic wrote:

I like this. It’s not “we need more cow bell”. Its “we need more Steven Izzo minutes”.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-10-19, 12:22

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I had a 300 level stats class that I had to take for my major requirement. It was 2hrs every Tue & Thur night. He took attendance and thought we were all stats majors. I was ecstatic to get a 2.0 and move one.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-10-19, 17:24

I had the 300 level for business majors. Not one iota retained. Got like a 30% on the final and it was a 2.5.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-10-19, 17:33

I was a bad student. Not because I was a slacker, because I was stupid.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-19, 19:01

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I think Bayes Theorem would apply.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-10-19, 21:13

DWags wrote:I was a bad student. Not because I was a slacker, because I was stupid.

C's get degrees
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, AvgMSUJoe, Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-10-19, 22:01

DWags wrote:

Kohler should be skilled. I'm rooting for Sissoko to be a force this season. He's donating all of his NIL money to create a foundation benefiting impoverished people in his home country of Mali.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

tGreenWay, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-10-19, 22:24

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
DWags wrote:

Kohler should be skilled. I'm rooting for Sissoko to be a force this season. He's donating all of his NIL money to create a foundation benefiting impoverished people in his home country of Mali.

Damn, now I really want that kid to succeed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-19, 22:30

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
DWags wrote:

If Madi puts it all together and especially cuts down on his fouls, it would make a huuuuge difference for this team.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, Pervis Muldoon and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-20, 20:02

What’s the over under set on wins? I’ll take the under.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-10-20, 20:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What’s the over under set on wins? I’ll take the under.

Which guys on this team could you take in a game of one on one OTPT? ( can't say Steven Izzo)
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-10-20, 20:35

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What’s the over under set on wins? I’ll take the under.

Just looked and surprised I couldn't find  one yet.  

I'm going to guess the o/u will be 18
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-10-20, 21:15

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-20, 22:46

Nordic wrote:

do they even do that for CBB? I feel like I haven't seen it before but I don't usually bet futures
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-10-21, 00:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Nordic wrote:

do they even do that for CBB? I feel like I haven't seen it before but I don't usually bet futures

I've never looked before. I.assumed they would. But I also get the impression CBB betting is low (except March) compared to the other major sports. Especially this time of year. So maybe they don't.

TL;DR I don't know
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-21, 00:12

12 Steven Izzo 6
OTPT

Sorry, just getting myself ready for yet another aggravating season of listening to Will Tieman.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-21, 00:41

tGreenWay wrote:12 Steven Izzo 6
OTPT

Sorry, just getting myself ready for yet another aggravating season of listening to Will Tieman.

The official 22/23 MSU basketball thread.  No pressure everyone counts us out but us.  1966794946

Do you actually listen to games? I am pretty surprised that he is still doing games. Doesn't he own the actual network?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-10-21, 07:05

I saw one where it said MSU 22.5. It had Gonzaga on top at 33 and UCLA at 31. It said on the bottom. “Note:these totals reflect what we believe to be total victories including post season play.” I’m assuming that’s big ten tournament and any NCAA or NIT
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-10-21, 08:11

DWags wrote:I saw one where it said MSU 22.5. It had Gonzaga on top at 33 and UCLA at 31. It said on the bottom. “Note:these totals reflect what we believe to be total victories including post season play.” I’m assuming that’s big ten tournament and any NCAA or NIT

Jinx alert
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-10-24, 10:35

So there was supposedly some off-the-book exhibition game against Tennessee and MSU lost by 4.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-24, 15:42

Floyd Robertson wrote:So there was supposedly some off-the-book exhibition game against Tennessee and MSU lost by 4.

That’s not terrible, considering Akins is still out.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-10-24, 16:20

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:So there was supposedly some off-the-book exhibition game against Tennessee and MSU lost by 4.

True.

[tw]1584640571045543938[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-10-24, 17:01

tGreenWay wrote:

Losing is losing. Would it have been "not terrible" to lose World War II if Admiral Nimitz was out?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-24, 17:44

Ike was more important.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next