Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything is terrible and we’re probably going to lose this one too: Maryland Pregame Thread

+8
AvgMSUJoe
Trapper Gus
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Motown Spartan
kingstonlake
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Everything is terrible and we’re probably going to lose this one too: Maryland Pregame Thread Empty Everything is terrible and we’re probably going to lose this one too: Maryland Pregame Thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-09-24, 17:58

Turtleneck I’m sorry but I’m sure you understand that changes are necessary. Please do post all of the links though as I intend to ignore any and all football related content for the week. Thank you
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Everything is terrible and we’re probably going to lose this one too: Maryland Pregame Thread Empty Re: Everything is terrible and we’re probably going to lose this one too: Maryland Pregame Thread

Post by DWags 2022-09-24, 22:46

Bump
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Everything is terrible and we’re probably going to lose this one too: Maryland Pregame Thread Empty Re: Everything is terrible and we’re probably going to lose this one too: Maryland Pregame Thread

Post by kingstonlake 2022-09-25, 07:53

We can win!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-09-25, 08:18

Make the turtles turtle!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-09-25, 09:03

kingstonlake wrote:We can win!

Everything is terrible and we’re probably going to lose this one too: Maryland Pregame Thread 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5jmul2bkccxy46dd9adfc1773xoie1nwo4lazh61m&rid=200
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-09-25, 09:24

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Everything is terrible and we’re probably going to lose this one too: Maryland Pregame Thread 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5jmul2bkccxy46dd9adfc1773xoie1nwo4lazh61m&rid=200

Everything is terrible and we’re probably going to lose this one too: Maryland Pregame Thread 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5a77kb22n3dz3fntw86dx0elpxpemuzjwmhfha7ky&rid=200

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-09-25, 09:53

Look I think this is a classic trap game. We gotta make sure we don’t get caught looking ahead to…. *checks schedule* oh fuck me in the ass
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-25, 09:57

If you say so.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-09-25, 15:55

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Turtleneck I’m sorry but I’m sure you understand that changes are necessary. Please do post all of the links though as I intend to ignore any and all football related content for the week. Thank you

If you start the pregame thread, you have to accept the responsibilities that come with the pregame thread. I agree a change is needed, at least some kind of experimentation, but you have to put in the effort. I think this team got a little lazy over the summer just some posters here. You have to put in the work to get the wins.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-09-25, 16:03

No
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-09-25, 16:58

Well, wanting success without doing the work is a problem. Maybe this thread captures what’s wrong right now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-25, 19:17

Alright children, time to straighten up and clean up your room before bedtime ...

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/LongFormArticle/Michigan-State-football-Mel-Tucker-press-conference-Minnesota-loss-194100198/?utm_source=247Sports%2520Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=220925_110640_MichiganStateSpartans&utm_content=Link&eid=41bff47774c8491ee4ca8c92fb54dfa89a56f533d9a8b9548f478910a1d6c271

Thucker wrote:"I’m gonna keep it short and concise best I can. Give Minnesota credit, they have a really good football team and they know who they are and they play to their strengths and they do a really good job. They’re very well-coached, they’re tough, they’re physical and my hat goes off to them. They played a really good football game today, offense, defense and special teams.

"For us, we’re not good enough on either side of the ball to not play complementary football. We’re not good enough to leave it up to one side of the ball or the other. We have to get stops on defense. We were terrible on third down today defensively. You get these teams in third-and-long, you have to get off the field. You can not stay out there. Gotta be able to get the ball to the offense. We’re not tackling well enough, too many low tackles, yards after contact, yards after the catch. We’re not getting enough pressure on the quarterback, it’s too easy on the quarterback. And obviously we have to play tighter in coverage, but the rush and coverage has to work together, obviously.

"And then offensively, when we do get the ball, we have to do something with it. When we don’t do something with it and put the defense back out there, that’s not playing complementary football. When we do move it, then we turn it over, again, you can’t win like that.

"I’m really not happy with what I’m seeing. I don’t accept it, but … as I look at our team and I see things unfolding, I do understand what our issues are, I’m probably just not gonna talk about them right now because I’m gonna watch the film. I don’t want to say anything that I shouldn’t say at this moment, like right after a game like this. I’m just gonna need to watch the film, for the most part."

24-hour rule, Maryland is up.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-25, 19:40

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2022/09/michigan-state-opens-as-road-underdog-at-maryland.html

One thing to watch if betting Michigan State-Maryland is the status of Terrapins quarterback Taulia Tagovailoa, who hurt his ribs on Saturday and didn’t finish the game in Maryland’s loss at Michigan. Maryland coach Mike Locksley said after the game that he would have a better sense later in the week of Tagovailoa’s status.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-26, 08:11

Michigan State needs to make drastic improvements quickly to avoid season falling apart

Aside from having one of the nation’s top punters in Bryce Baringer, almost nothing else is working for the Spartans.

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2022/09/michigan-state-needs-to-make-drastic-improvements-quickly-to-avoid-season-falling-apart.html
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-26, 20:25

[tw]1573761439172476928[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-09-26, 20:28

Never thought Maryland's injury report was going to be in play this year... lol
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-09-26, 20:49

Trapper Gus wrote:[tw]1573761439172476928[/tw]

Sucks when kids get injured. I just hope Maryland gives them time to properly heal.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-26, 21:22

NigelUno wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:[tw]1573761439172476928[/tw]

Sucks when kids get injured. I just hope Maryland gives them time to properly heal.

Posting updates really isn't my "thing" just waiting for the regulars to get started.

Football injuries suck as MSU's defense knows.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-09-26, 21:26

Please turtleneck I’m sorry please post links. Im sorry I stole your thread if it makes you feel better you can start the FEET thread this week
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-26, 21:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Please turtleneck I’m sorry please post links. Im sorry I stole your thread if it makes you feel better you can start the FEET thread this week

Absolutely!

At the first sign of life from you I will abandon posting in this thread and leave it to your skill hands.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-26, 22:59

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/Article/Michigan-State-football-Mel-Tucker-plan-to-fix-two-game-losing-streak-194256721/

By Monday afternoon, Tucker had digested the tape and arrived at his weekly press conference with a lengthy list of improvements MSU has to make. While Tucker shared the extensive problem areas, he kept his thoughts on how to rectify them to himself.

“How do you fix it? We have some plans to do that,” Tucker said. “Exactly the specifics on how we’re gonna do it, I don’t care to share at this time.”

“It’s an all-hands-on-deck, 24-7 challenge. That’s what we do as coaches,” Tucker said. “It’s a lot easier to coach guys when everything is going well. But when adversity hits, that’s really where the rubber meets the road. I have a lot of confidence in our staff and also our players. It’s about how you respond to adversity.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-09-27, 00:00

Trapper Gus wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Please turtleneck I’m sorry please post links. Im sorry I stole your thread if it makes you feel better you can start the FEET thread this week

Absolutely!

At the first sign of life from you I will abandon posting in this thread and leave it to your skill hands.

Keep posting. The more people posting content the better. It's good. I was busy anyway.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-27, 00:05

Turtleneck wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Absolutely!

Keep posting. The more people posting content the better. It's good. I was busy anyway.

I don't have your sources, however I will do what i can.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-27, 00:11

Turtleneck wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Absolutely!

So busy you skipped the game entirely. Seems like a lack of focus.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-09-27, 08:24

3-9

But no actually for real. 3-9
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-27, 08:48

Here it is, Tuesday, and still no articles about MSU v Maryland.

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2022/09/three-improvements-needed-for-michigan-states-offense.html
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-27, 15:13

https://www.theonlycolors.com/2022/9/27/23374841/the-only-podcast-9-27-22-please-dont-turtle

Week in Review/Preview - You came for the sadness, stay for the (not bitter at all) laughs at the Big Ten West’s existence
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-28, 08:52

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2022/09/after-back-to-back-losses-michigan-state-demands-accountability-with-more-urgency.html

“A lot of the weight is on the older guys to keep everybody positive,” sixth-year senior tight end Tyler Hunt said Tuesday, “keep everybody up and keep coming to practice with the same mentality as we did when we started the year.”
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-09-28, 09:35

Maryland -8 now.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-28, 10:09

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/LongFormArticle/Maryland-football-Mike-Locksley-updates-Taulia-Tagovailoa-injury-status-previews-Michigan-State-game-194295668/#194295668_1

Coach Talk -

"When you look at their record, it's easy to say 'Hey, they're struggling.' But when you watch the tape like we do as coaches, they've played two really formidable opponents or have two losses to really two good teams. And so we expect them to come in here to try to get back on track here in the Shell this Saturday. We've got to do everything we can and the things that we can control to not let that happen. They've got talent still on all three phases. They've got a great pass rusher on the defensive side of the ball. They've got (Jayden) Reed back, the receiver is back. He played some last week. Keon Coleman, the other receiver. Payton Thorne, who had a big year for them a year ago. So they still have really talented players. They're a well-coached team and we're looking forward to the opportunity of hosting and hosting them here in the Shell at 3:30."
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-28, 17:50

Oh crap ... they are going to be 3 and out all during the first half ...

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/Article/Michigan-State-Spartans-football-confident-they-can-correct-run-game-troubles-194334845/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-28, 21:14

https://www.theonlycolors.com/2022/9/28/23375213/notes-quotes-michigan-state-spartans-players-coaches-speak-struggles-preparing-for-maryland

“As the next man up, you need to get that guy as experienced as the last guy so that we can be tighter on things,” Hazelton said. “There’s a lot of ‘bang-bang’ plays out there that we say, dang, we just need to tighten up in alignment or tighten up a position or something like that and then those ‘bang-bang’ plays will be made. That’s really what’s been hurting us…the little details, the death by inches stuff as we line up.”

When asked about the issues he has seen with the defense through the last couple games, Hazelton again emphasized a need for more experience, as well as the team’s need to make stops on third down.

“Different things show up as you go through, and it’s getting the guys as force-fed experience as you can get them so we can be able to tighten that stuff up and play better,” Hazelton said. “Really, it’s getting off the field on third down.”
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-29, 10:42

https://www.mlive.com/betting/2022/09/michigan-state-football-vs-maryland-prediction-and-odds-saturday-101.html

The Spartans are riding a two-game losing streak, and we expect it to continue at Maryland. Maryland QB Taulia Tagovailoa is dealing with a rib injury suffered at Michigan, but head coach Michael Locksley said he is a ‘game day decision’ and is ‘progressing nicely’ at practice this week. If Tagovailoa plays, the Terrapins should tear apart Michigan State’s defensive backs, as Washington threw for 397 yards and four touchdowns last time out, while Minnesota totaled 268 yards and three touchdowns through the air.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-29, 18:42

https://www.theonlycolors.com/2022/9/29/23374824/3-2-1-preview-3-things-we-want-to-see-2-key-stats-1-best-bet-for-michigan-state-vs-maryland-big-ten

The Maryland We All Know And Love

We need Maryland to be vintage Maryland. The Maryland that steps on every rake possible and donates countless opportunities to its opponents.

Last week, the Terrapins kicked off the game with their kickoff returner getting pelted in the face with the ball and letting Michigan fall on it right at the 10-yard line. The Terps fell asleep on a fourth-and-1 run before halftime for a walk-in touchdown. They dropped a wide-open pass in the second half during a critical drive. They, essentially, played Maryland football.

I swear, if the Terps just took the field with plain black jerseys, they would’ve won that game. But since they were constantly reminded that they are Maryland, they fumbled and dropped and intercepted their way to the finish line.

Every sport has a team like this in every league — take the Detroit Lions, for example. A team that should be fine but never seems to get out of its own way. We need Maryland to be that team again this weekend.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-29, 22:40

https://www.theonlycolors.com/2022/9/28/23376089/get-to-know-the-opponent-maryland-terrapins-michigan-state-spartans
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-30, 07:23

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2022/09/maryland-qb-taulia-tagovailoa-is-latest-test-for-struggling-michigan-state-defense-assuming-he-plays.html
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-30, 08:15

https://www.theonlycolors.com/2022/9/29/23378490/5-questions-testudo-times-how-mike-locksley-is-turning-the-maryland-program-around-michigan-state
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-09-30, 11:17

Great job, Trapper! Thanks. I appreciate you not being a free rider like Travis and GreenWay. Trapper wants to win!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-09-30, 17:28

Turtleneck wrote:Great job, Trapper! Thanks. I appreciate you not being a free rider like Travis and GreenWay. Trapper wants to win!

As I recall, Travis fired you and kicked you off the board.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-09-30, 19:13

I think we win this game. I got a good feeling.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next