Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Michigan GOP Shenanigans Thread

+7
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
TravelinMan
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
DWags
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

General Michigan GOP Shenanigans Thread Empty General Michigan GOP Shenanigans Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:34 am

If we already have a thread on this, shame on me (and them for making it necessary).

[tw]1613505770661838850[/tw]

If you can't win with your crazy ideas, just cheat.

Anyway, feel free to add anything these clowns are up to. When your leaders are Meshawn Maddock and Matt DePerno, there should be a ton of material.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

General Michigan GOP Shenanigans Thread Empty Re: General Michigan GOP Shenanigans Thread

Post by DWags Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:42 am

FFS these people are idiots.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

General Michigan GOP Shenanigans Thread Empty Re: General Michigan GOP Shenanigans Thread

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:31 pm

Who are the idiots... the conmen or those conned?

These guys are livin the high life... if they weren't the head of the R party, they would have to go back to being a failed attorney facing disbarment and house wife married to a shady bail bondsman... essentially people I wouldn't allow in my house let alone uphold my values in govt.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:32 am

They believe their fables about what the Democratic Party is doing.

Underlying that they believe their fables about how people behave.

If you believe that everyone is out to cheat everyone else out of everything they can, it is easy to believe they actual do that all the time and justify doing it yourself.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:36 am

Basically broke, Michigan GOP to charge delegates to attend convention

LANSING — The cash-strapped Michigan Republican Party will require delegates to help cover the cost of next month's state convention in Lansing, where they'll gather to decide who will lead the party for the next two years.

The state party's central committee on Thursday voted to change convention rules by imposing a new $50 registration fee on delegates who will be selected at upcoming county conventions.

Losers.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Cameron and This Is The Way like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:16 pm

What a mess. Is this what Michigan Republicans want?

Michigan GOP infighting leads to actual fight between Karamo, DePerno backers

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/michigan-gop-infighting-leads-actual-fight-between-karamo-deperno-backers

The reason this is no longer funny is because a party with such incompetent and disorganized leadership will resort to any means necessary to win, since they will not be able to win too many elections legitimately.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus, sεяεηιτλ and This Is The Way like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:15 am

OMG. Seriously? Like none of them are shacking up.

[tw]1649028876239089665[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:24 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:OMG. Seriously? Like none of them are shacking up.

[tw]1649028876239089665[/tw]

fucking republicans

Remember these two tea party christian family darlings in our state legislature?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, GRR Spartan and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:39 am

Not to mention the former Republican Leader who was bonking his brother's wife for years & years, oh, but I guess no cohabitation....
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and GRR Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:06 am

I don't have a subscription, but this "opinion" asshole is a staunch old guard right wing media machine on his own... and he hates the current Rs. So I wonder what t his says.

Broke and staff-less Michigan R party sets sights on Mackinaw

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:13 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I don't have a subscription, but this "opinion" asshole is a staunch old guard right wing media machine on his own... and he hates the current Rs. So I wonder what t his says.

Broke and staff-less Michigan R party sets sights on Mackinaw

Can they afford staying at the Grand now that it is owned by a corporation rather than a staunch Republican owner?

However, the whole thing is really interesting. The wheels have come off the Republican Party nationally, but much more here in Michigan. Where will the former Wigs go now?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:18 am

Michigan Republicans answer to more inclusive voting registration seems to be "less democracy for Republicans"

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/kristina-karamo-presidential-vote-shakeup-best-solution-michigan-gop
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:11 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:Michigan Republicans answer to more inclusive voting registration seems to be "less democracy for Republicans"

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/kristina-karamo-presidential-vote-shakeup-best-solution-michigan-gop

Michigan GOP -- if we don't like the will of the voters, we reserve the right to subvert their votes and go with someone more extreme.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:54 pm

Michigan repubs are now following in the footsteps of the fascist Mickey Mouse boot wearing probably gay Florida Governor in wanting concealed carry without a permit for everyone.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:58 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:Michigan repubs are now following in the footsteps of the fascist Mickey Mouse boot wearing probably gay Florida Governor in wanting concealed carry without a permit for everyone.

Playing to their base.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:10 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:Michigan repubs are now following in the footsteps of the fascist Mickey Mouse boot wearing probably gay Florida Governor in wanting concealed carry without a permit for everyone.

That would be nice. My renewal is due soon. Save me a bit of hassle.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:20 pm

TravelinMan wrote:

Don't hold your breath. The bill is going nowhere in the democractic controlled legislature.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:21 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Don't hold your breath. The bill is going nowhere in the democractic controlled legislature.

OK. Bummer. Guess Big Gretch will get her $115 out of me after all.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:25 pm

TravelinMan wrote:

If you want to get an extra year for your permit renew it late. You won't be able to carry it for a month but you end up with 5 years it's good for instead of 4.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:28 pm

TravelinMan wrote:

If you want to get an extra year for your permit renew it late. You won't be able to carry it for a month but you end up with 5 years it's good for instead of 4.

That's OK. I'll spend more in ammo than I will the renewal fee, itself. I can probably afford it.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:35 pm

TravelinMan wrote:

That's OK. I'll spend more in ammo than I will the renewal fee, itself. I can probably afford it.

I do it because it tends to piss them off a little bit, like maybe they have a personal stake in the $115 and they don't want you getting the extra year.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:38 pm

TravelinMan wrote:

I do it because it tends to piss them off a little bit, like maybe they have a personal stake in the $115 and they don't want you getting the extra year.

In all honestly, I'd be kind of disappointed if it became free carry. I think the training is good for folks. I also appreciate the reciprocity that it provides me with many other states.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:48 am

Judge: Kristina Karamo, others must pay $58k for 'frivolous' elections suit

Michigan GOP Chair Kristina Karamo, a state party attorney and other plaintiffs must pay a combined $58,459 to cover Detroit's costs for defending against a "frivolous" 2022 election lawsuit, a judge ruled Monday.

The sanctions order from Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Timothy Kenny, a Republican appointee, comes roughly seven months after he dismissed the lawsuit from Karamo, who at the time was a candidate for Michigan Secretary of State.

Karamo and attorney Dan Hartman — who she has since hired as legal counsel for the Michigan GOP — had sought a last-minute court order to block all mail-in ballots in the city of Detroit for the November 2022 election.

General Michigan GOP Shenanigans Thread 1486952199
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:02 pm

https://www.mlive.com/politics/2023/06/ryan-kelley-former-gubernatorial-candidate-to-plead-guilty-on-jan-6-charge.html
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:17 am

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/kristina-karamo-feuds-co-chair-michigan-republican-civil-war-worsens

LANSING — The Michigan GOP's ongoing money woes have sparked a feud at the highest levels of the state party, with co-chair Malinda Pego challenging recent moves by Chair Kristina Karamo.

In a Wednesday evening email to Michigan GOP activists, Pego accused the Karamo administration of failing to share financial information with the party's budget committee.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:55 am

https://michiganadvance.com/2023/07/17/recall-petitions-filed-against-5-democratic-1-republican-house-members/

Petitions to recall five Democratic state representatives in Michigan over their votes on recent hate crime and gun reform legislation were filed last week, according to the state Secretary of State’s office, as well as one petition against a Republican representative over his vote for the Democratic House speaker.

State Reps. Jennifer Conlin (D-Ann Arbor), Reggie Miller (D-Belleville) and Jaime Churches (D-Wyandotte) all had recall petitions filed against them by different people citing their yes votes on legislation, HB 4474, to expand the definition of hate crimes to include violence on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, age and disability.

Fox News and other right-wing outlets recently spread misinformation about Michigan’s proposed hate crime law reform package saying it would criminalize using the wrong pronouns for a person. Pronouns are not mentioned once in the legislation.

The recall petitions for Reps. Sharon MacDonell (D-Troy) and Betsy Coffia (D-Traverse City) cite their yes votes on the House’s version of “red flag” gun legislation to allow for judges to issue a temporary order for the removal of firearms for defendants that pose a significant threat to themselves or others. The red flag legislation coming from the Senate was signed into law, in addition to other gun law reforms in May.

Rep. Cam Cavitt of Cheboygan is the sole Republican lawmaker who had a recall petition filed against them last week, in his case citing his yes vote when the House elected Rep. Joe Tate (D-Detroit) to act as House speaker for the legislative session that began in January.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:37 am

Rick Snyder is fundraising for Michigan GOP. Oy.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:13 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Rick Snyder is fundraising for Michigan GOP. Oy.

You hate to see the MIGOP in the poor house. Having to rely on Snyder to bail you out is pretty funny.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:16 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Rick Snyder is fundraising for Michigan GOP. Oy.

You hate to see the MIGOP in the poor house. Having to rely on Snyder to bail you out is pretty funny.

I’ll bet attendees of meetings with Snyder bring their own bottled water.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus, Jake from State Farm and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:01 am

For some unfathomable reason, Democrats insist on calling their Republican colleagues their “friends.” They are not friends.

With few exceptions, they are systematically destroying American democracy with the clear objective of replacing it with strongman authoritarianism, a new and American version of what Benito Mussolini called fascism.

https://hartmannreport.com/p/how-democracy-dies-the-first-month-6a3
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:32 am

LANSING — Six House Democrats and two Republicans are now facing recall threats for votes they cast earlier this year, as efforts to unseat incumbent lawmakers continued to grow this week.

House Reps. Noah Arbit, D-West Bloomfield, and Donni Steele, R-Orion, became the two latest targets of recall petitions earlier this week.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/more-michigan-lawmakers-targeted-recall

Waste of taxpayer's money, but the Republicans don't care about that.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:22 am

More violence from Republicans

Buncombe County GOP Chairman Doug Brown faces an assault charge after County School Board of Education member Amy Churchill said he shoved her through a doorway at a monthly political party meeting Monday and told her, “You’re not a Republican.”

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:55 am

White male privilege issues, too.

When I was a kid hitting a girl was frowned upon. I guess the snowflakes are too emotional these days.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:03 am

Trapper Gus wrote:White male privilege issues, too.

When I was a kid hitting a girl was frowned upon. I guess the snowflakes are too emotional these days.
the same libertarian/republican folks who celebrate a christian that brags about grabbing women "by the pussy" shockingly have no problem with assaulting a woman.

It's not exactly a big leap.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:43 am

Maybe this should be about Democratic Shenanigans?

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/recall-petitions-approved-rep-cam-cavitt-rejected-7-others-lawmakers

LANSING -- The Michigan Board of State Canvassers on Tuesday authorized sponsors to begin circulating a petition seeking to recall Republican state Rep. Cam Cavitt but effectively rejected petitions targeting seven other lawmakers.

The bipartisan Board of State Canvassers voted unanimously to approve the Cavitt recall petition for circulation.

Language on the petitions was not "sufficient clear," as required under Michigan law, because sponsors only listed bill numbers without providing any description of the legislation in question, said Chair Mary Ellen Gurewitz, a Democratic appointee.

Joining her in rejecting the petitions was Republican vice chair Richard Houskamp, who also raised concerns that the petition sponsors appeared to be working as part of a coordinated campaign but had not disclosed any organization ties in discloses.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:25 am

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2023/08/kent-gop-chair-resigns-amid-infighting-by-trump-aligned-republicans.html

KENT COUNTY, MI – Infighting among further right, grassroots conservatives who took over the Kent County Republican Party in December has prompted the chair of the county party to step down.

The Kent County GOP announced Wednesday, Aug. 9, that chair Tim Walenga will be resigning along with seven other members of the party’s executive committee who submitted their letters of resignation.

Walenga was selected in December to lead the Kent GOP by grassroots conservatives from the wing of the party aligned with former President Donald Trump. Earlier that month, the group filled half of the county party’s executive committee with like-minded, further-right conservatives, keeping out more moderate Republicans.

In other news...

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/michigan-gop-bid-limit-kristina-karamos-authority-may-prompt-legal-action

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/michigan-republican-activists-face-misdemeanors-fights-gop-meetings

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/nine-fake-electors-arraigned-michigan-what-know-about-case
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:36 pm

[tw]1690058179307020298[/tw]
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:51 am

During the last term tSCOTUS ruled on a case from North Caralina regarding the "independent legislature theory" which is based on the close reading of the Constitution and is opposite what the Constitutional Convention discussed. Even the current bat shit crazy Court saw that this was crazy, and ruled against it.

Still, here we have the Michigan Republicans once again trying to use the same failed arguments to say that "The People" are not the ultimate legislature and that "The People" cannot decide via direct vote how elections are to be done.

https://michiganadvance.com/blog/michigan-gop-lawmakers-file-lawsuit-to-overturn-2018-and-2022-voting-rights-initiatives/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:29 am

When you have one side trying to make it harder to vote, all you have to ask yourself is why.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Robert J Sakimano, Trapper Gus, Jake from State Farm and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:16 am

https://apnews.com/article/michigan-republican-chair-karamo-98791560422161d6fe48fae616603804
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next