Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are republicans wearing assault rifle pins?

+12
GRR Spartan
Pervis Muldoon
Motown Spartan
Trapper Gus
AvgMSUJoe
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
TravelinMan
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
Spartytruth
DWags
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Why are republicans wearing assault rifle pins?   - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are republicans wearing assault rifle pins?

Post by duffy munn 2023-02-14, 01:26

DWags wrote:EVERYONE OF THESE MOTHER FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT SCUMBAGS WEARING THESE CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF ALL THE WAY TO HELL.

My hope is that somehow some way they are effected by a shooting in their family. If anyone thinks I’m a bad person for hoping that, I understand, but honestly you can kiss my ass too right now.

Nothing will change. Those fuckers will stand by their guns and the NRA. This story will be gone in a week or sooner. When it happens again.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Why are republicans wearing assault rifle pins?   - Page 3 Empty Re: Why are republicans wearing assault rifle pins?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-14, 05:31

DWags wrote:[tw]1620878732738330629?s=46&t=vyEkZYYVUi9S9Cd9qVTR5Q[/tw]
Oh, and fuck these fucking people.

Daughter sees people running from the Union.. barricades herself in her apartment on Grand River, as the shooter is loose and on foot.

Spent hours with her on the phone as she sobbed, terrified. We couldn't go be with her. Her boyfriend could get through campus to be with her. Could hear sirens for hours from our house, helicopter overhead.

Fuck these people and their goddamn blood money.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, DWags, Jake from State Farm and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-02-14, 07:01

Guys,
I don’t think thoughts and prayers are working. Maybe try more thoughts and more prayers.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-02-14, 09:22

No doubt the NRA is scrambling to hire a new batch of telemarketers to take advantage of this before it's off the front page and forgotten about in two weeks.
I have no idea what it's going to take some of the idiot politicians in this state to take a stance against this. Moolenar couldn't give a fuck a week after Oxford happened and I doubt this will occupy more than a day in his shrunken brain.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-14, 10:18

Jake from State Farm wrote:No doubt the NRA is scrambling to hire a new batch of telemarketers to take advantage of this before it's off the front page and forgotten about in two weeks.
I have no idea what it's going to take some of the idiot politicians in this state to take a stance against this. Moolenar couldn't give a fuck a week after Oxford happened and I doubt this will occupy more than a day in his shrunken brain.

The new Democratic majorities will want to tighten gun laws.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-02-14, 10:25

Trapper Gus wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:No doubt the NRA is scrambling to hire a new batch of telemarketers to take advantage of this before it's off the front page and forgotten about in two weeks.

Well they've got a perfect opportunity to do so. Too bad it takes death to get them to do anything.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-14, 10:39

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Well they've got a perfect opportunity to do so. Too bad it takes death to get them to do anything.

I hope this gets them off their asses.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2023-02-14, 11:17

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Nothing happened after Sandy Hook. Nothing will happen now. When the right decided slaughtering babies was OK, it was over.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-02-14, 11:24

This would be a good start, and of course the NRA doesn't want any evidence of it possibly working to see the light of day.

Michigan gun reform: Democrats may pursue red-flag laws. What research says
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-14, 11:27

Well I'm talking about the State of Michigan, where the Democratic Party just gained control. Not sure with the "all guns all the time" SCOTUS what States can do, but believe there are some regulations on guns they can impose.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-02-14, 11:31

House Speaker Joe Tate (D-Detroit), an MSU graduate and former football player for the university, tweeted about Monday night's events.
"We have a choice. We can continue to debate the reasons behind gun violence in American or we can act. We cannot continue to do the same thing over and over again and hope for a different result," he wrote. "Multiple people were shot at Michigan State University. I have no understand left for those in a position to effect change who remain unwilling to act."

House Majority Whip Rep. Ranjeev Puri (D-Canton) also issued a statement early Tuesday morning that didn't mince words.
"F*** your thoughts and prayers," Mr. Puri said in the first line of his official statement. "Thoughts and prayers without action and change are meaningless. Our office will continue to work tirelessly to pass common sense gun reform immediately. We will not stop until our students can attend school without fear, our communities can attend places of worship in peace, and our society is safe from senseless gun violence."
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-02-14, 12:35

I have a hunch the gun lapel pins will be put away for 90-120 days.  By then we’ll be 12 months before primary season and political calculus will be used again.  

My take is there are legislative districts that are have pro gun majorities and they will be very popular regardless of current events.

However, we will have a new US Senator to be elected and a Presidential election in 2024.  In MI if the GOP US Senate candidate is too outwardly pro-gun we’ll probably see another Democrat elected.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-02-14, 12:47

You can count me out of any new gun law that doesn’t include some form of reduction in the number of guns in circulation right now.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-02-16, 15:33

[tw]1626315656034660352?s=20[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3