Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With gun control a very hot topic...

+15
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
GRR Spartan
Pervis Muldoon
Jake from State Farm
Trapper Gus
kingstonlake
StylesGShmooth
NigelUno
TravelinMan
RQA
Turtleneck
Motown Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
The Pantry
19 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

With gun control a very hot topic... - Page 7 Empty Re: With gun control a very hot topic...

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-19, 10:18

TravelinMan wrote:So you don't want Diane Fienstein to resign, because there's "no clear path" to her replacement, but you'll bleat on about "Ban guns" with no clear path on how to do so?

Whatever fits your narrative, I guess?

edit - My point in the other thread was about people believing only the reporting that fits their biases, not about Feinstein at all. I have posted counterpoint articles only to show that even for their arguments, that she needs to go to get more judges approved, they are not seeing the total picture, probably due to their bias and frustration with politics.

The path is clear, the politics are harder.  A number of states have banned certain guns, not enough guns IMO, but it's a start.  I wish Michigan would join them, but it seems questionable.  Maybe in the lame duck after the 2024 election.

There is another path, the one taken in the 1930's with certain guns.  Extremely high taxes.

edit - Oh and Ban Guns.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

With gun control a very hot topic... - Page 7 Empty Re: With gun control a very hot topic...

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-05-19, 10:34

TravelinMan wrote:So you don't want Diane Fienstein to resign, because there's "no clear path" to her replacement, but you'll bleat on about "Ban guns" with no clear path on how to do so?

Not sure what the reference is too, but stop selling weapons of war to any shithead off the street would be a GREAT start.

Force every sale by a licensed seller & to register, license and insure them. Destroy all confiscated... The only supply would be on the secondary market. Supply/Demand would get them out of the hands of MOST crazy 18-25 year olds.
Those with them would value them more, because if they didn't license, register and insure, The next time at the range the guy next to you asks for your paperwork, the thing will be melted down if you don't have it... And that's one less out of the supply chain. In 10 years they will be worth more than cars and mass shootings will be a TON more difficult to pull off.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-05-19, 12:59

Trapper Gus wrote:

edit - My point in the other thread was about people believing only the reporting that fits their biases, not about Feinstein at all. I have posted counterpoint articles only to show that even for their arguments, that she needs to go to get more judges approved, they are not seeing the total picture, probably due to their bias and frustration with politics.

The path is clear, the politics are harder.  A number of states have banned certain guns, not enough guns IMO, but it's a start.  I wish Michigan would join them, but it seems questionable.  Maybe in the lame duck after the 2024 election.

There is another path, the one taken in the 1930's with certain guns.  Extremely high taxes.

edit - Oh and Ban Guns.

You’re aware that you’re ignoring anything that is inconvenient to you in that thread…. Right?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-05-19, 13:50

Hey, bruh, narratives must always be questioned. Don't just blindly trust the narratives. You never know what kinds of lies and misdirection went into the narrative as narratives can be bad actors trying to push their preferred narrative. The truth is out there, just be careful m8. G'day
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7