Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL!

+6
DWags
tTy
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
DoogieHouser
Turtleneck
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! Empty Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL!

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-01, 01:07

President Barack Obama’s bid to assert himself in his final year will begin with long-awaited executive actions on gun control, expected to be released next week, shortly after he returns to Washington.

The White House is putting finishing touches on several measures in an effort to make progress on curbing gun violence, an issue the president and close aides have found frustratingly intractable, before the race to replace him enters prime time.

According to gun industry insiders and others familiar with the proposals, the changes include requiring an expanded number of small-scale gun sellers to be licensed — and therefore conduct background checks — whenever selling a weapon. This wouldn’t close the so-called gun show loophole, though it has the potential to narrow it.

The administration is also expected to impose tighter rules for reporting guns that get lost or stolen on their way to a buyer.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/obama-guns-gun-control-217234#ixzz3vyCzfU6E

Please move this to the tBin where all political threads belong.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! Empty Re: Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL!

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-01, 17:39

Politicians do not have any psychological insecurities with regards to a severe desire to have control over others. They're the types of people that need to be in a position to affect others whether those people like it or not.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! Empty Re: Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL!

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-01, 20:13

All of this legislation is driven by the hysteria that surrounds the mass shootings, even though, statistically they are extreme anomalies in the overall gun violence problem. Even if the 'common sense' regulation that the Dem's keep proposing drastically reduced the rate of Mass Shooters (doubtful), then the overall gun violence problem in America would still be about the same, statistically.

The majority of gun violence in America is committed by people who have illegally acquired a gun, particularly in broke, welfare-ridden communities with high rates of fatherless families.

The 'common sense' regulation does nothing to address this, and only puts more burdens on people who would like to be legal law-abiding gun owners, who really are extremely unlikely to become violent criminals.

In the end this 'common sense' regulation is all about making certain morons feel good about themselves.

And then 3D printing will become widespread and all of this will be a moot point within its context, though is a great precedent to set with regards to further amendments (the 1st has felt pressure lately) and 'rights'.

Representative democracy, ain't it grand, Turtleneck?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-03, 21:21

Generally speaking, direct or representative, democracy is probably overrated. It's like the Harbaugh of political systems.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2016-01-05, 11:29

[quote="Turtleneck"]

President Barack Obama’s bid to assert himself in his final year will begin with long-awaited executive actions on gun control, expected to be released next week, shortly after he returns to Washington.

The White House is putting finishing touches on several measures in an effort to make progress on curbing gun violence, an issue the president and close aides have found frustratingly intractable, before the race to replace him enters prime time.

According to gun industry insiders and others familiar with the proposals, the changes include requiring an expanded number of small-scale gun sellers to be licensed — and therefore conduct background checks — whenever selling a weapon. This wouldn’t close the so-called gun show loophole, though it has the potential to narrow it.

The administration is also expected to impose tighter rules for reporting guns that get lost or stolen on their way to a buyer.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/obama-guns-gun-control-217234#ixzz3vyCzfU6E

Please move this to the tBin where all political threads belong. [/quote

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/obama-says-planned-gun-limits-consistent-with-2nd-amendment/
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-05, 12:13

any action that can lead to saving lives from gun violence is a good thing.

I'm really diggin' 2nd term Obama.. Affordable Care Act implemented, opens up trade with Cuba, SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage, executive action aimed at narrowing some of the gun loopholes.. record Dow levels, unemployment hovering at 5%.

this is the President I voted for.. Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-05, 12:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:any action that can lead to saving lives from gun violence is a good thing.

I'm really diggin' 2nd term Obama.. Affordable Care Act implemented, opens up trade with Cuba, SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage, executive action aimed at narrowing some of the gun loopholes.. record Dow levels, unemployment hovering at 5%.

this is the President I voted for.. Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! 3493939353

Not an Obama achievement.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-05, 12:36

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:any action that can lead to saving lives from gun violence is a good thing.

well, it occurred during his watch.

And if we're going to blame him for the death of Michael Jackson, Sunni/Shiite relations, Benghazi, the sexual exploits of Bill Cosby, an abnormally warm December of 2015, terror attacks in Europe, etc. we can at least acknowledge his role in the SCOTUS decision.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-05, 13:34

That means Citizens United also occured during his watch.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-05, 13:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

well, it occurred during his watch.

And if we're going to blame him for the death of Michael Jackson, Sunni/Shiite relations, Benghazi, the sexual exploits of Bill Cosby, an abnormally warm December of 2015, terror attacks in Europe, etc. we can at least acknowledge his role in the SCOTUS decision.

I blame him for us losing to Alabama.

Delany too.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-05, 15:25

Turtleneck wrote:That means Citizens United also occured during his watch.
they just want their country back.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-05, 16:35

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:well, it occurred during his watch.

Delany too.

No no no. MSU lost because of Gomer.

Thanks, Gomer.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-05, 16:49

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Delany too.

No no no. MSU lost because of Gomer.

Thanks, Gomer.

He's not a mod on this board and thus cannot ban us. That's a relief.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-05, 18:32

Were the tears real?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-05, 18:34

I love NRA's response. Clock work. I love it. None of this will help! None! MOAR GUNS
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-05, 18:35

Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! Gunchart

Why Obama and Democrats are pushing the gun issue so hard, in one chart
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/01/05/why-obama-and-democrats-are-pushing-the-gun-issue-so-hard-in-one-chart/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-05, 19:46

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I love NRA's response. Clock work. I love it. None of this will help! None! MOAR GUNS

I like the idea that all we need to do is chip away at every individual's freedoms.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-05, 22:56

George Washington would shoot this motherfucker in the face and we'd all be better off for it.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-06, 01:44

tTy wrote:George Washington would shoot this motherfucker in the face and we'd all be better off for it.
This should of went into your gun buying thread.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-06, 14:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Were the tears real?
he needs to stop crying for murdered children and start crying for our freedoms that are being taken away.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-06, 14:53

xsanguine wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I love NRA's response. Clock work. I love it. None of this will help! None! MOAR GUNS

I like the idea that all we need to do is chip away at every individual's freedoms.

"requiring an expanded number of small-scale gun sellers to be licensed — and therefore conduct background checks — whenever selling a weapon"

"The administration is also expected to impose tighter rules for reporting guns that get lost or stolen on their way to a buyer."

And I thought I read somewhere that more $ put into mental health. Sounds like we should buy more guns before this guy comes to take them......Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! 1896033241 Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! 901027492
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-06, 18:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

"requiring an expanded number of small-scale gun sellers to be licensed — and therefore conduct background checks — whenever selling a weapon"

"The administration is also expected to impose tighter rules for reporting guns that get lost or stolen on their way to a buyer."

And I thought I read somewhere that more $ put into mental health. Sounds like we should buy more guns before this guy comes to take them......Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! 1896033241 Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! 901027492

I wouldn't soil those pretty little panties just yet. They're not going to actually help crazy people... they're increasing information sharing of private information with the federal government.

And what's the criteria for "bad" mental health?

Are they relying on past behavior or doing that stupid 30-second screen doctor's give you right before they prescribe everybody with SSRI's? I could see many people being hesitant to see a therapist or mental health physician for fear of being put on a blacklist. Will this include police officers and veterans? Because if it does.... oh boy.... I'm giddy with glee.... and if it doesn't... then I will laugh.

Also not defining what being "in the gun selling business" beyond what they put in that blurb makes any person a potential criminal for selling one gun if they don't have an FFL. Yeah, don't see that one to stand up.

But then again... this will put an end to all the criminal gangbangers hiring lawyers to write them living trusts that they keep using to purchase 30 year old M16's that cost $20,000 and require them to wait a fucking year in order to have the paperwork approved.........and that then...somehow...magically......are always able to avoid the standard NICS background check the dealer has to/and always does run on every single person receiving the transfer of a firearm.

It shows how big and tough he is going after the individuals that commit the vast majority of crimes with firearms. Obama is a man's man.

We will all be much safer, guise. Just trust the politicians, OTPT... not that you've ever been given a choice. As long as we put our faith in them everything will be okay.

Last edited by xsanguine on 2016-01-06, 19:10; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-06, 18:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Were the tears real?
he needs to stop crying for murdered children and start crying for our freedoms that are being taken away.

Let's cry for both?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-06, 20:46

DWags wrote:
tTy wrote:George Washington would shoot this motherfucker in the face and we'd all be better off for it.
This should of went into your gun buying thread.

should of, four shore.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-07, 07:26

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:he needs to stop crying for murdered children and start crying for our freedoms that are being taken away.

Let's cry for both?
not a good idea.

I say we celebrate the gun that killed the murdered children because freedom. It's what jesus and the Founding Fathers would want.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-07, 08:23

Pretty sure Jesus and the "Founding Fathers" (jesus christ) would prefer that a group of people use the threat of violence against the rest in order to try to implement their idea of utopia.

I think Jesus would also use murderered children as hyperbolic bargaining chip.

Pretty sure Jesus and the founding fathers would ignore the real culprits of gun violence in America because it means confronting some uncomfortable facts about who is actually committing the bulk of crimes, too.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-07, 09:47

xsanguine wrote:Pretty sure Jesus and the "Founding Fathers" (jesus christ) would prefer that a group of people use the threat of violence against the rest in order to try to implement their idea of utopia.

I think Jesus would also use murderered children as hyperbolic bargaining chip.

Pretty sure Jesus and the founding fathers would ignore the real culprits of gun violence in America because it means confronting some uncomfortable facts about who is actually committing the bulk of crimes, too.
freedom isn't free. And if it means a few dead children, then so be it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-07, 10:04

Freedom isn't free sounds like a statist slogan.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-07, 10:14

xsanguine wrote:Freedom isn't free sounds like a statist slogan.
I don't really know what that means, but I'm willing to accept murdered children as long as I can assuage my fear and paranoia when I walk into the local sandwich shop.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-07, 17:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Freedom isn't free sounds like a statist slogan.
I don't really know what that means, but I'm willing to accept murdered children as long as I can assuage my fear and paranoia when I walk into the local sandwich shop.

Whether you walk into that sandwich shop or not you're just going to have to accept children will get murdered or get left in a car or get kidnapped or cross a street without looking or any number of things that can end a child's life.

Death has been a constant throughout history.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-08, 08:14

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Whether you walk into that sandwich shop or not you're just going to have to accept children will get murdered or get left in a car or get kidnapped or cross a street without looking or any number of things that can end a child's life.

good point.

so let's just keep murdering children... they're going to die at some point anyway.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-08, 09:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

good point.

so let's just keep murdering children... they're going to die at some point anyway.

I prefer we arrest people that murder children.

Not sure why we have to fuck with people that aren't murdering children simply because they possess the same tools some a homicidal sociopath (or most likely a gang member... We'll do like Obama and not go there, though... People get upset when you bring up "hate facts") used.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-08, 10:40

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
good point.

Not sure why we have to fuck with people that aren't murdering children simply because they possess the same tools some a homicidal sociopath (or most likely a gang member... We'll do like Obama and not go there, though... People get upset when you bring up "hate facts") used.
my rights haven't been infringed on at all....

unfortunately, children's (and others) right to live has been infringed upon quite significantly.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-08, 11:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

my rights haven't been infringed on at all....

unfortunately, children's (and others) right to live has been infringed upon quite significantly.

A lot of people would disagree with you about 'rights'. I'd be one of them but I think we'd also disagree on what a 'right' is, too. You're an American, after all, Bob!

Children's rights to live have been infringed upon... But those rights haven't been infringed upon by someone else's rights. It's been infringed upon by people looking to do harm to others, not by the right to own a firearm. Trying to punish everyone for the crimes of a few makes just as much sense as trying to keep Syrian refugees out because a few have killed people in other places.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-08, 12:52

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:my rights haven't been infringed on at all....

A lot of people would disagree with you about 'rights'. I'd be one of them but I think we'd also disagree on what a 'right' is, too. You're an American, after all, Bob!

Children's rights to live have been infringed upon... But those rights haven't been infringed upon by someone else's rights. It's been infringed upon by people looking to do harm to others, not by the right to own a firearm. Trying to punish everyone for the crimes of a few makes just as much sense as trying to keep Syrian refugees out because a few have killed people in other places.
so which rights of mine have been infringed upon by the freedom-hating gun-grabbers?

oh - and so far I haven't heard anything from East Lansing High School - hopefully my daughter hasn't been murdered yet. But, ya know, if it does happen, she's got to die from something eventually.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 17:29

Today, five years after I was shot, we are making progress. While Congress refuses to act, many state leaders are embracing common-sense change that keeps guns out of the wrong hands.

This week, we made even more progress when President Obama announced that his administration will significantly narrow the loopholes that let people buy guns without a background check. It is the right, responsible thing to do.

From Gabby Giffords op-ed in the Washington Post.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/gabrielle-giffords-we-can-no-longer-wait-for-a-congress-in-the-gun-lobbys-grip-to-act/2016/01/07/8e815af6-b543-11e5-9388-466021d971de_story.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-09, 10:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

so which rights of mine have been infringed upon by the freedom-hating gun-grabbers?

oh - and so far I haven't heard anything from East Lansing High School - hopefully my daughter hasn't been murdered yet. But, ya know, if it does happen, she's got to die from something eventually.

What business is it of yours or anyone else's what I choose to own and possess?

I'm not sure where you're going with the second part, Bob. I know, in your mind guns = murder all the time... So I'm assuming that's what you're going for but I'd hate to assume.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-11, 10:22

leave it to The Onion to use humor and be the only voice of reason in such a bizarre world..

Emotional Wayne LaPierre Honors Victims of Background Checks
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-14, 16:24

I have to admit, Bob. This kind of thinking is very troubling and dangerous.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-15, 07:57

xsanguine wrote:

I have to admit, Bob. This kind of thinking is very troubling and dangerous.
but you're a gun nut (I don't mean that as a personal attack), so the fact that you find it troubling actually makes me feel good about it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next