Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian Evangelicals less politically engaged than Atheists?

5 posters

Go down

Christian Evangelicals less politically engaged than Atheists? Empty Christian Evangelicals less politically engaged than Atheists?

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-17, 07:59

At least this poll says that - based on the data they must be too busy getting busy with people other than their spouses...

[tw]1658447900182020096[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Christian Evangelicals less politically engaged than Atheists? Empty Re: Christian Evangelicals less politically engaged than Atheists?

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-05-17, 09:10

I would attribute this to atheists not having specific, articulated causes nor a bible to drum up fear but rasther just want to see and enact positive change.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Christian Evangelicals less politically engaged than Atheists? Empty Re: Christian Evangelicals less politically engaged than Atheists?

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-19, 09:40

[tw]1658881683041685504[/tw]

Obvious outcome when religion joins politics. Christian Evangelicals less politically engaged than Atheists? 2599972566
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-19, 09:44

it certainly helps you stay connected with morality, compassion, and empathy when you don't have to check with some bearded man in the clouds to ask for permission first.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-19, 09:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:it certainly helps you stay connected with morality, compassion, and empathy when you don't have to check with some bearded man in the clouds to ask for permission first.

Many people who have read and absorbed what the Bible says Jesus said would say that Trump Christians no longer check with Jesus about their morality.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-05-19, 09:56

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it certainly helps you stay connected with morality, compassion, and empathy when you don't have to check with some bearded man in the clouds to ask for permission first.

Many people who have read and absorbed what the Bible says Jesus said would say that Trump Christians no longer check with Jesus about their morality.
Just saying your moral is good enough for them. I know Bob will never agree, but it is possible to be moral and good AND a Christian. (In fact, I believe the REAL Christians are required to be moral and good... unfortunately, not many of those around.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-19, 10:03

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Just saying your moral is good enough for them. I know Bob will never agree, but it is possible to be moral and good AND a Christian. (In fact, I believe the REAL Christians are required to be moral and good... unfortunately, not many of those around.)
I'm not sure I've met any. They should probably speak up.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-19, 10:03

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

IMO the "Religious Right" get all the press.  

Since a significant majority of US citizens say they are Christians it is an open question as to if the "Religious Right" are a majority of US Christians.

This may be a place where Bob & I differ on the value of Christianity, even though I do not believe myself, I find Christians who's following the actual beliefs of Jesus to generally be a force for good, or at least not a force for evil.  There are even some organized Christian churches, not part of the "Religious Right", where the beliefs of the churches meet this.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2023-05-19, 10:05; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-19, 10:05

Trapper Gus wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Since a significant majority of US citizens say they are Christians it is an open question as to if the "Religious Right" are a majority of US Christians.

This may be a place where Bob & I differ on the value of Christianity, even though I do not believe myself, I find Christians who's following the actual beliefs of Jesus to generally be a force for good, or at least not a force for evil.  There are even some organized Christian churches where the beliefs of the churches meet this.
where do they hold their meetings.. in a phone booth?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-19, 10:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

This may be a place where Bob & I differ on the value of Christianity, even though I do not believe myself, I find Christians who's following the actual beliefs of Jesus to generally be a force for good, or at least not a force for evil.  There are even some organized Christian churches where the beliefs of the churches meet this.

In general, the "Religious Right" are the evangelical Christians & the Catholic Churches conservative leaders and some part, a majority(?) of Catholics who follow those leaders.

Older mainstream protestant churches and churches such as the Quackers or Unitarians are more liberal in belief and hold viewpoint's that do not necessarily support any given political side.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-05-19, 10:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I've know entire orders of priests who lived in poverty to help the poorest in Detroit eat and find shelter. Some of them literally gave away everything (wear robes) to serve the fringes of society without judgement... so, kinda hard to say they aren't moral or good.
My sister worked for a Catholic charity that served homeless youth in large cities for a year... most of those kids were gay or trans or prostitutes and they didn't have anything... and some order of Nuns started the org and that is their life.
So saying "Christian" = bad is simplifying.

In fact, I truly believe there is a legitimate percentage of simple simple ignorant people who believe "christian (R)" are actually good and moral. Which is more disgusting the R turds take advantage of these idiots for power. (especially since it was by design) Of course it's always difficult to know if you are talking to an idiot right wing christian or an evil right wing christian at first... To know if you should pity them or hate on them.

EDIT (reference):
https://www.cskdetroit.org/
https://www.covenanthouse.org/aboutus
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-19, 10:40

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

In general, the "Religious Right" are the evangelical Christians & the Catholic Churches conservative leaders and some part, a majority(?) of Catholics who follow those leaders.

Older mainstream protestant churches and churches such as the Quackers or Unitarians are more liberal in belief and hold viewpoint's that do not necessarily support any given political side.
it would be cool if they would be more public about denouncing pussy-grabbin' racist bigots who mock disabled people.

I mean, if there were tens of millions of Springsteen fans who celebrate pussy-grabbin' racist bigots who mock disabled people, I'd speak up about them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-19, 10:42

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I've know entire orders of priests who lived in poverty to help the poorest in Detroit eat and find shelter. Some of them literally gave away everything (wear robes) to serve the fringes of society without judgement... so, kinda hard to say they aren't moral or good.
My sister worked for a Catholic charity that served homeless youth in large cities for a year... most of those kids were gay or trans or prostitutes and they didn't have anything... and some order of Nuns started the org and that is their life.
So saying "Christian" = bad is simplifying.

In fact, I truly believe there is a legitimate percentage of simple simple ignorant people who believe "christian (R)" are actually good and moral. Which is more disgusting the R turds take advantage of these idiots for power. (especially since it was by design) Of course it's always difficult to know if you are talking to an idiot right wing christian or an evil right wing christian at first... To know if you should pity them or hate on them.

EDIT (reference):
https://www.cskdetroit.org/
https://www.covenanthouse.org/aboutus
nobody will ever accuse me of being a deep thinker.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-19, 10:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

it would be cool if they would be more public about denouncing pussy-grabbin' racist bigots who mock disabled people.

I mean, if there were tens of millions of Springsteen fans who celebrate pussy-grabbin' racist bigots who mock disabled people, I'd speak up about them.

I'm fine that they keep their religious beliefs separate from their politics, that is how things should be in this country.

Asking then to counter via religion others political beliefs is not, IMO, following the teachings of Jesus or of the "founding fathers"
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-19, 10:49

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'm fine that they keep their religious beliefs separate from their politics, that is how things should be in this country.

Asking then to counter via religion others political beliefs is not, IMO, following the teachings of Jesus or of the "founding fathers"
I hear ya - I don't know that much about it other than the fact that I don't want/need a bunch of racist, bigoted misogynistic white people forcing their disgusting values on me.

(kinda old-fashioned, I reckon). Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-05-19, 11:34

I don’t know, I guess put this year. Part of your family values.

[tw]1659537655401443328?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-19, 12:44

DWags wrote:I don’t know, I guess put this year. Part of your family values.

[tw]1659537655401443328?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
ugh.

Horrific. Hopefully dude can get the help he needs.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down