Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Tour De France Thread

+4
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
tGreenWay
aualum06
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

tOfficial Tour De France Thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial Tour De France Thread

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 6 Jul 2023 - 11:16

Vingegaard in trouble!! Holy hell.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Tour De France Thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial Tour De France Thread

Post by aualum06 Thu 6 Jul 2023 - 11:17

Pogachar catches vinegaard with his pants down
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 6 Jul 2023 - 11:24

aualum06 wrote:Pogachar catches vinegaard with his pants down
we have ourselves a bike race!

Impressive ride by Pogacar. I realize Kuss and Van Aert did all they could do for Vingegaard, but I suspect Jumbo Visma wishes they could've had someone up there with Tadej and Jonas.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic and aualum06 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 6 Jul 2023 - 23:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Pogachar catches vinegaard with his pants down

Impressive ride by Pogacar. I realize Kuss and Van Aert did all they could do for Vingegaard,  but I suspect Jumbo Visma wishes they could've had someone up there with Tadej and Jonas.  

Ali/Fraiser. Pogacar looked much more comfortable heading into the final climb today. Jumbo seemed to play it perfect, I think Tadej just rode angry.

I’m on rooting for Vingegaard. Like Jumbo, Wout and Sepp.

We got an American in the polka dots!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 7 Jul 2023 - 10:05

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Impressive ride by Pogacar. I realize Kuss and Van Aert did all they could do for Vingegaard,  but I suspect Jumbo Visma wishes they could've had someone up there with Tadej and Jonas.  

Ali/Fraiser. Pogacar looked much more comfortable heading into the final climb today. Jumbo seemed to play it perfect, I think Tadej just rode angry.

I’m on rooting for Vingegaard. Like Jumbo, Wout and Sepp.

We got an American in the polka dots!
something about Vingegaard kind of annoys me. Not sure what, as he seems calm, mild-mannered, etc.

But I do like Wout a lot and Sepp is as steady as they come. He got a stage win last year. Hope he gets another mountain stage at some point this year.

and, yes! Love Powless being in the polka dots.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 7 Jul 2023 - 10:06

today could be the day for Cav? We'll see.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 7 Jul 2023 - 11:10

Fuuuuuuck Cav went a bit too early.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri 7 Jul 2023 - 11:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Fuuuuuuck Cav went a bit too early.

Yeah got to be hard to time those though with so little real estate left
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 7 Jul 2023 - 12:20

aualum06 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Fuuuuuuck Cav went a bit too early.

Yeah got to be hard to time those though with so little real estate left
Cav of 8-10 years ago would've peeled the paint off the roads. Seems like the sprinting is a young man's game.

I do hope he gets a stage eventually.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic and aualum06 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 8 Jul 2023 - 7:29

I suspect there won't be any GC movement today.  A long breakaway has a good chance of holding up.

Tomorrow with an HC climb and a rest day on Monday, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sepp, Van aert and the rest of Jumbo Visma try to get Vingegaard a stage win.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 8 Jul 2023 - 9:45

Cavendish off in an ambulance. Sad sad to see
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 8 Jul 2023 - 10:22

aualum06 wrote:Cavendish off in an ambulance. Sad sad to see
I went out for a quick out/back on my bike, timed it to get back for the last 30K and my wife filled me in
on Cav.

Ugh.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 8 Jul 2023 - 10:44

Good day for Wout or Alaphillipe to get a stage.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 8 Jul 2023 - 11:00

Tight quarters on the finish, lots of good battles at the end of each stage so far
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 8 Jul 2023 - 20:29

aualum06 wrote:Tight quarters on the finish, lots of good battles at the end of each stage so far
It's been a fun Tour so far. Tomorrow will be fun to watch, I think.I suspect Jumbo Visma will try to launch Vingegaard prior to a rest day.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat 8 Jul 2023 - 21:28

Looks like up north.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 9 Jul 2023 - 11:28

Insanity on the Puy

Possible stage win for an American? Jorgensen riding well with Powless in the chase.

GC boys way back right now but there will be fireworks. Nobody in front of them is anywhere near the maillot jaune. Multiple prongs of excitement on the Puy right now.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 9 Jul 2023 - 11:28

kingstonlake wrote:Looks like up north.
It's a magical place.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 9 Jul 2023 - 11:54

Powless got attacked and kind of died after climb 3
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 9 Jul 2023 - 11:56

I think he might stay KOM, though. Haven't seen virtual KOM standings.

JORGENSEN! 🇺🇲
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 9 Jul 2023 - 12:00

Agh!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 9 Jul 2023 - 12:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I think he might stay KOM, though. Haven't seen virtual KOM standings.

JORGENSEN! 🇺🇲

Woods dusted him too
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 9 Jul 2023 - 12:04

Love how Sepp is always so steady, expressionless.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

aualum06 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 9 Jul 2023 - 12:05

aualum06 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I think he might stay KOM, though. Haven't seen virtual KOM standings.

JORGENSEN! 🇺🇲

Woods dusted him too
I know. Matteo could barely turned the pedals in the last 200 meters.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

aualum06 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 9 Jul 2023 - 12:07

This Pogacar/Vingegaard ascent is gonna be interesting
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 9 Jul 2023 - 12:11

Good ride to only lose 8 seconds because it looked like he was going to get dusted too
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 9 Jul 2023 - 12:13

aualum06 wrote:Good ride to only lose 8 seconds because it looked like he was going to get dusted too
Vingegaard holds onto yellow, obviously, but he has to be frustrated. Pogacar has to feel energized going into the rest day.

After one full week, we have ourselves a bike race.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

aualum06 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 10 Jul 2023 - 21:58

I hate rest days...
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 11 Jul 2023 - 9:29

Nordic wrote:I hate rest days...
me too. I find myself re-watching stages.

today's stage looks pretty brutal so far. No big climbs, but some categorized, hilly sections. Yellow, green, polka dot and white all together, still. Temp hovering in the upper 90's. Yikes.

Heading toward the Alps.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Tue 11 Jul 2023 - 11:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:I hate rest days...

today's stage looks pretty brutal so far. No big climbs, but some categorized, hilly sections. Yellow, green, polka dot and white all together, still. Temp hovering in the upper 90's. Yikes.

Heading toward the Alps.

Only caught the end but didn't seem to interesting as far as the overall race goes
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 11 Jul 2023 - 12:39

aualum06 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Heading toward the Alps.

Only caught the end but didn't seem to interesting as far as the overall race goes
yeah, it was exciting in that there were a few breakaways, a couple of chase packs, but the GC guys stayed back. I think Sepp went from 9th to 10th overall, but there wasn't much movement otherwise.

tomorrow is relatively flat, hilly on Thursday and then on to the high mountains Friday with a summit finish on the Columbier. Doubt we'll see too much movement in the next two days, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Jumbo Visma try to make a statement and get Vingegaard a win on Friday.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 11 Jul 2023 - 13:50

Are banana seats allowed? Those were cool.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 11 Jul 2023 - 15:19

kingstonlake wrote:Are banana seats allowed? Those were cool.
not only are they allowed, they're encouraged.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 12 Jul 2023 - 9:24

I get the feeling that Peacock is getting positive feedback about VandeVelde's coverage on the motorbike, as it seems like they've been going to him more than they were early on in the Tour.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 12 Jul 2023 - 9:57

also, one of the studio guys, Brent Bookwalter, finished 3-4 Tours, along with other grand tours, went to school at Lees-McRae, a little liberal arts college in the town of Banner Elk, NC. Absolutely beautiful area. I used to ride some of those mountains back in the day.. up Beech Mountain, Grandfather Mountain, through the Linville gorge.

he and his family now live in the Asheville, NC.. a stones throw away from the Historic Birthplace of Robert J Sakimano.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri 14 Jul 2023 - 11:20

Little bit confusing how pogacar didn't take yellow didn't he finish over 17 seconds ahead of yellow?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 14 Jul 2023 - 16:50

aualum06 wrote:Little bit confusing how pogacar didn't take yellow didn't he finish over 17 seconds ahead of yellow?
was busy this morning, couldn't watch live. Saw the standings. Looks like Pogacar is +9 seconds.

Drinking beer and tequila now.. I'll do so diggin' and see what I can find out.

Gonna be a crazy weekend going into Monday's rest day. I still feel.like Pogacar has all of the momentum and is playing cat and mouse with Vingegaard.  

Or maybe it's the other way around?

That's the beauty of the toughest sport on the planet. tOfficial Tour De France Thread  - Page 2 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 14 Jul 2023 - 23:52

aualum06 wrote:Little bit confusing how pogacar didn't take yellow didn't he finish over 17 seconds ahead of yellow?

They weren't very good at explaining the math. How many seconds ahead did Pogacar finish? Did he get the last time bonus or no? I love Bob and Paul, but details are not their strong suit. They can tell you what church you are looking at, what they grow in this region and what District they are in, but the finer points of the race are often fleeting. And to be honest, I would have it no other way. I love those two.

Official results: Pogcar finished 4s ahead + 4s last time bonus. 17-8=9s behind.

Both seemed pretty happy with the result. Pogacar seemed content on chipping away seconds on the final K and plans to do the same till he is in yellow.  Jumbo/Vingegaard seemed content seeing if Pogacar's plan would work and limit their loses as Pogacar is probably the better pure climber. Getting the last time bonus was huge, and a bit of a game changer. It will be interesting to see if Jumbo/Vingegaard stays the course trying to limit his loses and goes all-in on the individual TT. Or if Jumbo tries to push tempo/go on a attack earlier in a climb.

Was Jumbo conserving energy today or is UEA simply stronger? That is probably the real question.

I think we have 2 more mountain stages + individual TT + 2 more mountain stages. Going be a good finish.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 15 Jul 2023 - 7:37

Huge crash early on. Bad enough that they neutralized the field.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 15 Jul 2023 - 7:50

Still haven't started the stage back. Been about 20 minutes. A few guys abandoned, in the back of an ambulance. Lots of twisted bikes. I think teams are busy reparing derailleurs, etc.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next