Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post your current weather status

+21
Jake from State Farm
DWags
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Motown Spartan
The Pantry
GRR Spartan
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
Zurn
CaptainSlow33
AvgMSUJoe
Trapper Gus
NigelUno
MSU addict
Heat Miser
Rick Saunders
steveschneider
aualum06
Dendrobates
kingstonlake
25 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 3 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-06-29, 21:17

Was back to 205 South of GR but its down to 155 at 9:00 pm.  Bad news is they are extending the warning thru Friday.

Family lives in VT.  

Their news reported that some of the fires causing the smoke coming from Quebec and Newfoundland may not burnout until there's significant snowfall to extinguish them.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 3 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-30, 08:28

GRR Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:back from a bike ride.. wife was in a meeting. Not sure she even knew I was gone.

a quick 16 miles, HR never got above 122 bpm.

With EL’s air quality this afternoon you could have stayed in the house with the AC running and smoked a half pack of Marlboro’s instead.
Post your current weather status - Page 3 502811600

yeah, but then the Greater Mid-Michigan Metropolitan area wouldn't have been able to witness my svelte, sinewy legs in action.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-06-30, 08:56

Perfect day today! High 60s, low 70s, and about to paddle down the Au Train river.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-30, 09:51

Motown Spartan wrote:Perfect day today! High 60s, low 70s, and about to paddle down the Au Train river.
nice - I think our AQI is better here today. Seems better.

Anecdotally, I didn't feel any side-effects on a quick ride this morning. Might go hop the fence at the MSU track in a little while.

kinda warm here but it is (almost) July - the worst month of the year.

August would be a close 2nd but at least in August we can say that it's football season.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2023-07-01, 09:37

My lungs hurt a lot, and my girls have been coughing the past few days.

These kids can't catch a break, dealing with covid shutdown, and then limited to zero outdoor time in summer.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-01, 10:09

87 F SW of A2. AQI is 99

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-07-01, 13:38

Dendrobates wrote:My lungs hurt a lot, and my girls have been coughing the past few days.

These kids can't catch a break, dealing with covid shutdown, and then limited to zero outdoor time in summer.
Had a cold for the past week. The smoky air didn't help. Felt like I was gonna cough up a lung on Wednesday.

On the bright side the AQI is now under 100.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-01, 17:21

Dendrobates wrote:My lungs hurt a lot, and my girls have been coughing the past few days.

It sucks having asthma with this shit going on. I wore a mask whenever I went outside those two days when it was really bad. Still hazy AF here.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-07-01, 18:09

Crazy wind and rain while my weather app says partly cloudy
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-07-01, 18:11

Cut the grass Wednesday. Then again yesterday (out of town till the 7th so wanted it to look fresh cut over weekend). Anyway, I keep my phone in my pocket cutting grass. Measures my steps. I average between 2 and 2/12 miles cutting it. Usually not a problem. But both times this week it was tough. I could feel a difference.

By the way, what are we supposed to do? Wear a mask? No way am I cutting in a mask. I’ve given up my walk for planet fitness workouts but how can you cut your grass and be safe?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-01, 18:57

Slight haze cumulus clouds at 5000 feet while waiting for evening fireworks
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-07-01, 20:04

Almost 4 inches of rain in just over a hour
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-02, 00:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

With EL’s air quality this afternoon you could have stayed in the house with the AC running and smoked a half pack of Marlboro’s instead.
Post your current weather status - Page 3 502811600

yeah, but then the Greater Mid-Michigan Metropolitan area wouldn't have been able to witness my svelte, sinewy legs in action.

I think I speak for the majority of Swillers here when I say: Ewwww…
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-02, 00:06

Trapper Gus wrote:Slight haze cumulus clouds at 5000 feet while waiting for evening fireworks

What are you doing at 5,000 feet?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-07-02, 14:13

SE Kent County near Allegan County line.

74 degrees / air quality index of 51 and FINALLY a gentle rain that could last hours.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-05, 23:23

Rain. Thunder. Lightning.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-06, 08:43

Clearing & 70 degrees
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-07-11, 16:52

Getting some hail in the Shelb and near straight line winds, temp dropped about 15 easy.

It was over in about 13 minutes.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2023-07-11, 21:39

Floyd Robertson wrote:Getting some hail in the Shelb and near straight line winds, temp dropped about 15 easy.

It was over in about 13 minutes.

I must have been driving at a point where I missed the wind. But the traffic lights all out, trees down, and some wires, and it was chaos.
Half my patio set was blown across my yard. But 5 feet to the right, everything stayed perfectly with nothing blocking it.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-07-12, 07:33

Cool, overcast.. the slums of East Lansing supposed to get a decent rain starting in the early afternoon.

Good nap-takin' weather. Post your current weather status - Page 3 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-12, 23:26

Been getting hammered with heavy rain for a couple hours now. Ingham Co. just switched to a flood warning. I’ll be curious to see if campus is affected.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-07-13, 00:01

tGreenWay wrote:Been getting hammered with heavy rain for a couple hours now. Ingham Co. just switched to a flood warning. I’ll be curious to see if campus is affected.

I live in Harrison Township. I had to meet someone on a business thing at 24 and Romeo plank. Last night we had some rain. Not much.  Today when I drove out on north avenue  after 21 mile huge trees had been blown out of the ground. I’m talking 75 year old maples and such. Probably between 21 1/2 and 24. Line a tornado had gone through. But there were none. I’m guessing over saturated ground and 60/70 mph wind gusts in a valley were culprits.  Weird shit. 5 miles south, nothing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-13, 00:41

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Been getting hammered with heavy rain for a couple hours now. Ingham Co. just switched to a flood warning. I’ll be curious to see if campus is affected.

I live in Harrison Township. I had to meet someone on a business thing at 24 and Romeo plank. Last night we had some rain. Not much.  Today when I drove out on north avenue  after 21 mile huge trees had been blown out of the ground. I’m talking 75 year old maples and such. Probably between 21 1/2 and 24. Line a tornado had gone through. But there were none. I’m guessing over saturated ground and 60/70 mph wind gusts in a valley were culprits.  Weird shit. 5 miles south, nothing.

Maybe straight line winds for that area? Not sure where Harrison Twp. is in relation to Shelby, Macomb, or Clinton Twps., but those areas will get some of what we just went through. Looks like the biggest cell is headed toward the Flint area. The weather heads were saying we were getting what measured out to 2”/hr., with 63+ mph winds. I’d be shocked if there weren’t trees down all around the EL & Lansing area. This was the hardest rainfall I’ve heard since August a few years ago when some of our neighbors had basement flooding with 6’-8’ of standing water. Of course, much of that had to do with sewer work being done in that area at the time, but even we had every inch of our basement flooded that night.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-07-13, 11:06

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Maybe straight line winds for that area? Not sure where Harrison Twp. is in relation to Shelby, Macomb, or Clinton Twps., but those areas will get some of what we just went through. Looks like the biggest cell is headed toward the Flint area. The weather heads were saying we were getting what measured out to 2”/hr., with 63+ mph winds. I’d be shocked if there weren’t trees down all around the EL & Lansing area. This was the hardest rainfall I’ve heard since August a few years ago when some of our neighbors had basement flooding with 6’-8’ of standing water. Of course, much of that had to do with sewer work being done in that area at the time, but even we had every inch of our basement flooded that night.
didn't see too much damage in/around East Lansing. Lots of twigs, maybe some small branches down. However, down on Michigan Avenue going toward downtown Lansing this morning and it looked like a tornado had hit. A lot of trees, big limbs down, 2-3 stop lights were completely out.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-13, 11:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

didn't see too much damage in/around East Lansing. Lots of twigs, maybe some small branches down. However, down on Michigan Avenue going toward downtown Lansing this morning and it looked like a tornado had hit. A lot of trees, big limbs down, 2-3 stop lights were completely out.

Someone posted a pic of a huge branch down on Woodland this a.m. It also looked like the base was rotted wood, so it was only a matter of time before it came down.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-07-17, 11:45

Was at the doctor's office this morning getting skin cancer cut off my scalp and some little old lady was complaining about the smoke from Canada. She said we need to sue Canada to force them to do prescribed burns. I just mentioned that she had no idea of the size and inaccessibility of the majority of Canada, not to mention the costs involved. Wife told me to keep quiet. cyclops
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, The Pantry, tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-19, 02:32

Somebody got video of a waterspout near the Mackinac Bridge. Happened about noon on Tuesday.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/weather/2023/07/18/video-shows-waterspout-forming-over-lake-huron-near-mackinac-bridge/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-07-19, 03:33

Go to bed greenway!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-07-19, 07:38

If it has to be summer, the last couple of days have been nice. Morning lows in the 50's, highs upper 70's. Low dew points.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-19, 07:43

Jake from State Farm wrote:Was at the doctor's office this morning getting skin cancer cut off my scalp and some little old lady was complaining about the smoke from Canada. She said we need to sue Canada to force them to do prescribed burns. I just mentioned that she had no idea of the size and inaccessibility of the majority of Canada, not to mention the costs involved. Wife told me to keep quiet. cyclops

When someone is crazy it is best to walk away quietly.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-07-19, 08:19

They had the Weather Channel on at the hotel breakfast lounge and what a fear inducing channel this is. A report on how the extra weight of EVs increases the likelihood of fatal crashes, a report on a shark lurking off a beach in Long Island, a deadly storm in Arkansas people in its path will want to monitor…I almost asked the lady managing the breakfast bar if I could get a sedative with my eggs.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-07-19, 08:32

steveschneider wrote:They had the Weather Channel on at the hotel breakfast lounge and what a fear inducing channel this is. A report on how the extra weight of EVs increases the likelihood of fatal crashes, a report on a shark lurking off a beach in Long Island, a deadly storm in Arkansas people in its path will want to monitor…I almost asked the lady managing the breakfast bar if I could get a sedative with my eggs.

I can see the Arkansas story, that’s an important warning a d what weather casters should do. The Shark warning is a stretch for a weather channel and the EV story has nothing to do with weather unless it was attached to a larger emission story and global warming thing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-19, 08:51

steveschneider wrote:They had the Weather Channel on at the hotel breakfast lounge and what a fear inducing channel this is. A report on how the extra weight of EVs increases the likelihood of fatal crashes, a report on a shark lurking off a beach in Long Island, a deadly storm in Arkansas people in its path will want to monitor…I almost asked the lady managing the breakfast bar if I could get a sedative with my eggs.

If it bleeds it leads is a well-known media principle for making money.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-07-19, 08:58

Trapper Gus wrote:
So, I've been doing that my whole life and it's really not gotten me anywhere... I'm thinking of doing the opposite soon. Just both guns a blazin all over the internet. If some jackhole from high school can be a loud mouth racist, why can't I be a loud mouth antiracist and beat his ass down?
There's a "local news" group some jackhole trumper runs and it's full of dipshits... no one is calling them out. I might engage. They need to break the echo chamber of stupid right?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-07-19, 09:01

DWags wrote:

I can see the Arkansas story, that’s an important warning a d what weather casters should do. The Shark warning is a stretch for a weather channel and the EV story has nothing to do with weather unless it was attached to a larger emission story and global warming thing.

Huh https://www.cbsnews.com/video/safety-concerns-over-evs-as-battery-weight-may-pose-new-risks-to-drivers-pedestrians/

Huh looks like it was actually CBS. They had a weather channel scrolling ticker on the bottom of the screen which was probably part of the hotel digital feed.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-19, 09:19

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:
So, I've been doing that my whole life and it's really not gotten me anywhere... I'm thinking of doing the opposite soon. Just both guns a blazin all over the internet. If some jackhole from high school can be a loud mouth racist,  why can't I be a loud mouth antiracist and beat his ass down?
There's a "local news" group some jackhole trumper runs and it's full of dipshits... no one is calling them out. I might engage. They need to break the echo chamber of stupid right?

They sort of live for that confrontation, that is the point of their craziness.  They don't care about the rational truth, to them it is the emotional satisfaction of eliciting a response. If no one tells them they are crazy they just feed off of each other telling themselves that the other side says they are crazy.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-07-20, 14:32

Dark rain
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2023-07-20, 15:11

Hot
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-07-20, 15:29

Loud
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-07-20, 15:35

Starting to rumble. Channel 4 saying reports of golf ball to tennis ball size hail north of here. Storm moving at 45mph.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next