Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The republican debate and their crowd last night.

+8
Zurn
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
Spartytruth
InTenSity
Jake from State Farm
Trapper Gus
DWags
12 posters

Go down

The republican debate and their crowd last night.  Empty The republican debate and their crowd last night.

Post by DWags Thu 24 Aug 2023 - 8:43

I honestly couldn't watch more than 5 minutes. It was a combination of them yelling at each other and the crowd booing or laughing.

Fucking children. I'm not sure the democratic party is much better, but it's just becoming exhausting. I can't stand american poitics.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The republican debate and their crowd last night.  Empty Re: The republican debate and their crowd last night.

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 24 Aug 2023 - 9:07

Didn't watch, however I was told Mike Pence was the surprise winner.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

The republican debate and their crowd last night.  Empty Re: The republican debate and their crowd last night.

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu 24 Aug 2023 - 9:14

The republican debate and their crowd last night.  Pm230810
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 24 Aug 2023 - 9:36

DWags wrote:I honestly couldn't watch more than 5 minutes. It was a combination of them yelling at each other and the crowd booing or laughing.

Fucking children. I'm not sure the democratic party is much better, but it's just becoming exhausting. I can't stand american poitics.
So no difference between the party that wants to strip people of their rights, destroy the environment, overthrow the current government and the one that is trying to protect rights, protect the current firm of government and move forward?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, AvgMSUJoe, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartytruth Thu 24 Aug 2023 - 9:37

DWags wrote:I honestly couldn't watch more than 5 minutes. It was a combination of them yelling at each other and the crowd booing or laughing.

Which country's politics would you prefer?

But I agree the Republican party is comprised of dangerous children.
Spartytruth
Spartytruth
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 24 Aug 2023 - 9:50

Spartytruth wrote:

Which country's politics would you prefer?

But I agree the Republican party is comprised of dangerous children.

The Republican Party is comprised of dangerous toadies who vote for whatever the 0.01% tell them to vote for.

The Democratic Party is different as they only do that 75% of the time.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 24 Aug 2023 - 10:50

DWags, those “ candidates” are trying to impress GOP voters who often look like collections of Kid Rock concert fans and seniors at Walmart doing their morning shopping.

They’re reaching deep to play for the GOP’s lowest denominator audience.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 24 Aug 2023 - 10:59

GRR Spartan wrote:DWags, those “ candidates” are trying to impress GOP voters who often look like collections of Kid Rock concert fans and seniors at Walmart doing their morning shopping.

They’re reaching deep to play for the GOP’s lowest denominator audience.

They also seem to believe that the voters like Trump because of his combative style, not because he is a TeeVee star that the voters relate to for that. Trump doesn't make that mistake as we can see with the people he endorses and hangs around with.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 24 Aug 2023 - 14:24

From what I’ve heard they spent most of the night attacking a star on the rise in that Vivek (sp) dude. A dude who’s sole intention seems to be getting attention and spreading 9-11 conspiracy theories. This is the guy on the rise in the polls among republicans….

JFC.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Thu 24 Aug 2023 - 15:41

Same reason I don't watch tSOTU address anymore. No oratory, just a series of statements interrupted every 30 seconds by applause.

If I were president, I would just mail my SOTU report in.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 24 Aug 2023 - 16:29

When both parties are taking a presidents mug shot picture, putting them on t-shirts, making memes out of it, and using it to raise money, our country is in trouble.

Meanwhile, Jimmy Carter is in hospice. JFC.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Thu 24 Aug 2023 - 16:36

Trapper Gus wrote:Didn't watch, however I was told Mike Pence was the surprise winner.

Drudge poll says ramsshwamy was winner
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 24 Aug 2023 - 16:43

[tw]1694535422402068686[/tw]

[tw]1694522041058185238[/tw]

[tw]1694530694121164865[/tw]

[tw]1694832279405617382[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Fri 25 Aug 2023 - 15:01

sεяεηιτλ wrote:

Drudge poll says ramsshwamy was winner

I don't know why people look at these things and think somebody "won". It really isn't a debate. There are so many people speaking for so few minutes on so many topics.

From the highlights I watched of the thing, I thought Haley was the best prepared and gave the most practical answers that would lead to a path where Republicans might actually win.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 25 Aug 2023 - 15:41

The winner of the debate was Joe Biden.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Robert J Sakimano, AvgMSUJoe, Pervis Muldoon, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat 26 Aug 2023 - 10:41

[tw]1695146754201518271[/tw]

Why would anyone be perplexed about the Republicans stealing an idea and trying to change the meaning to the opposite of its intended meaning, it's what they do and have done time & time again.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sun 27 Aug 2023 - 13:47

Trapper Gus wrote:[tw]1695146754201518271[/tw]

Why would anyone be perplexed about the Republicans stealing an idea and trying to change the meaning to the opposite of its intended meaning, it's what they do and have done time & time again.

Not to defend Republicans, but the song does complain about high taxes and fat people on welfare, traditional right-wing whines. It's a pretty stupid song. The righties can keep it.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 27 Aug 2023 - 20:26

The republican debate and their crowd last night.  502811600

Heard something about that a week or two ago.

It's always sad when white males croon about the sad situation that life has dealt them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon 28 Aug 2023 - 12:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It's always sad when white males croon about the sad situation that life has dealt them.

My nephew uses that as an excuse for his drug addiction. It was really rough for him growing up in the Bath/East Lansing area with both parents and a nice house to live in.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 28 Aug 2023 - 12:17

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

My nephew uses that as an excuse for his drug addiction. It was really rough for him growing up in the Bath/East Lansing area with both parents and a nice house to live in.
and it's not that I lack empathy. It could be argued that I have too much empathy and it might skew the way I view events, situations, people.

it's when the 'woe is me' white folks (mostly males, but not always) uses it as a crutch and a reason to demean, denigrate and attempt to disenfranchise others where I draw the line.

I hope your nephew is able to find the help and peace that it sounds like he needs.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down