Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We’ve crossed the rubicon. National guard in high schools?

+2
Motown Spartan
DWags
6 posters

Go down

We’ve crossed the rubicon.  National guard in high schools?   Empty We’ve crossed the rubicon. National guard in high schools?

Post by DWags 2024-02-22, 10:47

We are completely fucked as a nation.   Holy shit we’re asking national guard to come in and help unruly schools?  

One of my daughters is really hesitant about having kids.  I have to believe a lot of Americans feel the way she does.  

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireStory/unruly-high-school-asks-massachusetts-national-guard-restore-107349879
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

We’ve crossed the rubicon.  National guard in high schools?   Empty Re: We’ve crossed the rubicon. National guard in high schools?

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-02-22, 10:55

We've been here before...

We’ve crossed the rubicon.  National guard in high schools?   R11
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

We’ve crossed the rubicon.  National guard in high schools?   Empty Re: We’ve crossed the rubicon. National guard in high schools?

Post by DWags 2024-02-22, 10:57

The difference is most of the students were protesting in unified manner against one thing. Now we need the national guard just because students hate each other and their teachers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-02-22, 11:02

Didn't big city schools have gang problems as far back as in the 1950's?

Of course, they kicked the troublemakers out, then.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-02-23, 09:14

The cultural demise of the US is as much a third rail in American politics as social security.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-23, 09:16

DWags wrote:We are completely fucked as a nation.   Holy shit we’re asking national guard to come in and help unruly schools?  

One of my daughters is really hesitant about having kids.  I have to believe a lot of Americans feel the way she does.  

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireStory/unruly-high-school-asks-massachusetts-national-guard-restore-107349879
our daughter, too - makes me kinda sad for her, but I totally get it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-02-23, 09:40

Zurn wrote:The cultural demise of the US is as much a third rail in American politics as social security.

Every serious study of this issue has shown its root cause is the same. Poverty & income inequality.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2024-02-23, 13:11

Zurn wrote:The cultural demise of the US is as much a third rail in American politics as social security.

Toilet wisdom is not always good wisdom. It's more like a comic book filled with alarmist made up shit that you want people to believe but isn't actually true
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down