Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop me if you heard this before: President of Calvin university must resign. Guess why?

+7
Floyd Robertson
Jake from State Farm
Trapper Gus
Motown Spartan
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
11 posters

Go down

Stop me if you heard this before: President of Calvin university must resign. Guess why?  Empty Stop me if you heard this before: President of Calvin university must resign. Guess why?

Post by DWags 2024-02-26, 23:17

Before you click on the story give me your best guess as to why this god fearing Christian university president has to resign.

No peaking.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Stop me if you heard this before: President of Calvin university must resign. Guess why?  Empty Re: Stop me if you heard this before: President of Calvin university must resign. Guess why?

Post by DWags 2024-02-26, 23:18

Click here to see why an upstanding Christian resigns

Last edited by DWags on 2024-02-26, 23:24; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Stop me if you heard this before: President of Calvin university must resign. Guess why?  Empty Re: Stop me if you heard this before: President of Calvin university must resign. Guess why?

Post by NigelUno 2024-02-26, 23:19

Boinking his secretary?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-02-26, 23:19

Arrested for solicitation?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-26, 23:23

And I don’t want to hear any Calvin jokes. “This was destined to happen”.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-02-26, 23:41

I’m going to guess weird sex stuff dwags
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-02-27, 02:16

Paying for an abortion after gay sex with his dog?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-02-27, 05:12

Definitely butt stuff.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-02-27, 07:36

Just wondering if they have a campus in Ottawa County.

Saw the headline this morning so really can't post in this thread about why.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-02-27, 08:22

Spreading his demon seed?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-27, 08:28

I bet he's a republican/libertarian.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-02-27, 08:36

F it, I'm clicking the link without guessing, the suspense is killing me.

Spoiler:
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2024-02-27, 08:43

The article there says there is no implication of sexual misconduct.  

The quote from "Inside Higher Ed" this morning was more direct:
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/quick-takes/2024/02/27/calvin-president-quits-amid-charges-unwelcome-communication

"Boer, who became president of the Christian university in Michigan in 2022, did not do anything of a sexual or physical nature, Calvin’s statement said."

Given that
“but the alleged conduct is concerning and inappropriate,” the school wrote.

It could be that he suggested to a colleague that productive LGBTQ faculty should not be fired or perhaps he endorsed Joe Biden for president using his calvin.edu email address.

As demonstrated by Calvin's recent history that would be consistent with the rest of the statement in the press:

“Dr. Boer denied some of the allegations but did admit to sending communications that were inappropriate and inconsistent with the high standard of conduct and character expected of the president of Calvin University,” it added.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-27, 09:03

Rick Saunders wrote:The article there says there is no implication of sexual misconduct.  

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/quick-takes/2024/02/27/calvin-president-quits-amid-charges-unwelcome-communication

"Boer, who became president of the Christian university in Michigan in 2022, did not do anything of a sexual or physical nature, Calvin’s statement said."

Given that
“but the alleged conduct is concerning and inappropriate,” the school wrote.

It could be that he suggested to a colleague that productive LGBTQ faculty should not be fired or perhaps he endorsed Joe Biden for president using his calvin.edu email address.

As demonstrated by Calvin's recent history that would be consistent with the rest of the statement in the press:

“Dr. Boer denied some of the allegations but did admit to sending communications that were inappropriate and inconsistent with the high standard of conduct and character expected of the president of Calvin University,” it added.
call me cynical, but I'm reluctant to trust the christians and their statements.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-02-27, 09:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rick Saunders wrote:The article there says there is no implication of sexual misconduct.  

Given that

call me cynical, but I'm reluctant to trust the christians and their statements.

So a smoke screen because he was bonking his (trans) personal assistant?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-27, 09:54

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:call me cynical, but I'm reluctant to trust the christians and their statements.

So a smoke screen because he was bonking his (trans) personal assistant?
well, I have no idea..

but just look at these type's fearless leader, his lies, his corruption, his sexual (consensual and otherwise) behaviors and the standard he sets.

hence my reservation on accepting their 'official statement'.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-02-27, 10:25

What can be an inappropriate text message to somebody that is working under you in some capacity?

Something to do with race?
Something to do with ethnicity?
Something to do with misogyny?
Something to do with berating and underling?
Or what they have eliminated something to do with sexual advances or innuendos?

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-02-27, 10:41

DWags wrote:What can be an inappropriate text message to somebody that is working under you in some capacity?

Taking "God's" name in vain?

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-02-27, 11:28

Trapper Gus wrote:
DWags wrote:What can be an inappropriate text message to somebody that is working under you in some capacity?

Taking "God's" name in vain?

Actually doing something to help out the less fortunate?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-02-27, 12:04

Sign of the times.  Back in the day, before email and texting a university president could say inappropriate things to a female and have deniability.  No more.

An acquaintance’s son is married to a Calvin VP (also a Calvin undergrad).  I saw him when this story broke and his defense was former President Boer went to Calvin for his undergrad but “He went to Yale for his PhD.”

Already blaming the Ivy League influence.  Not that the guy eff’ed up and maybe their search committee missed something.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down