Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spartans in the NFL

+45
MiamiSpartan
Dr. Strangelove
GRR Spartan
Coolcat
tTy
Stoops21
TheReal_LWS
Steve81
MattyFresh
aualum06
The Pantry
CheesySpartan
Triple Sparty
SeeRockCity
duffy munn
Tim Wakefield
CORNER BLITZ
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
SpartanInNH
gomersbro
tig ol bitties
kingstonlake
Rod Porkmore
Giant Moose
NigelUno
StylesGShmooth
Ass Dan
DWags
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
indianaspartan
Death Roe
MrMojoRisin
Blanch32
I.B. Fine
Herbie Green
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
SawGreen
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
49 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Spartans in the NFL - Page 3 Empty Re: Spartans in the NFL

Post by Guest Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 3:01

San Francisco 49ers@49ers 11m11 minutes ago
.@M_Rush44 with an athletic pick on day three of #C4M9. Enjoy the video: http://49rs.co/VTo8JN 

Spartans in the NFL - Page 3 CLi6wiGWgAAxj0X
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 17:38

Jerel Worthy claimed by the Lions off the waivers.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 18:03

Floyd Robertson wrote:Jerel Worthy claimed by the Lions off the waivers.
It would be nice if he could stay healthy and help us out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Tue 4 Aug 2015 - 20:37

NICE!!! Here's hoping he can stay healthy and get that into that DT spot for a bit. GO GREEN!
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 8 Aug 2015 - 3:42

Worthy hoping to revive career with Lions

He’s back in the state where he experienced wild success as a college player, in a scheme that suits his still considerable talents, and on a team with a need at his defensive tackle position.
“I’ve had some adversity, but I mean nothing that I can’t handle,” Worthy said. “I think, in this situation, I’m trying to find a home with a good football team, a good group of guys and something that allows me to be myself, a place that allows me to be me and make the same plays that I did up at State. So, I’m so excited to be here. I’ve said this time and time again, this system fits what I do. It’s kind of like coming home to an extent, and I got a big support group so I’m just excited.”
The Lions claimed Worthy off waivers from the Chiefs on Tuesday and have spent the past three days force-feeding him the playbook as they decide whether he’s a reclamation project worth keeping.
At Michigan State, Worthy was one of the best defensive tackles in the country, a three-year starter who anchored a powerful Spartans line before leaving after his all-Big Ten junior season.
He played in 14 games and made four starts for the Packers as a rookie, but he suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee on the fifth-to-last snap of the regular season and hasn’t been the same player since.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat 8 Aug 2015 - 9:10

Hope this works for him.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 9 Aug 2015 - 21:47

Waynes is having a rough debut in the HOF game.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Aug 2015 - 17:33

Chris Vannini@ChrisVannini 22m22 minutes ago
Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer on Trae Waynes' penalties:

Spartans in the NFL - Page 3 CMKDMkWWcAAKRQ9
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Aug 2015 - 21:10

Don Banks@DonBanks 4m4 minutes ago
Well, take that, John Football. Kirk Cousins with the play fake and easy touchdown run.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 14 Aug 2015 - 15:38

Darqueze Dennard catches eye of Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.

"I thought highly of [Darqueze] Dennard as well," Beckham said. "He seemed like he had a lot of potential, and he's going to be a very good cornerback coming up pretty soon."
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 14 Aug 2015 - 15:51

I hope Waynes and Dennard go off and does great things in the NFL. Will help with recruiting and continuing the No Fly Zone.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Aug 2015 - 8:18

Spartans in the NFL - Page 3 Ep3g1N4t_biggerNFLVerified account@NFL
The moment when the 4th Quarter became the Bennie Fowler Show....#DENvsSEA
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sat 15 Aug 2015 - 8:21

LooseGoose wrote:Spartans in the NFL - Page 3 Ep3g1N4t_biggerNFLVerified account@NFL
The moment when the 4th Quarter became the Bennie Fowler Show....#DENvsSEA

Nice catch, Bennie!
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Aug 2015 - 19:21

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago
Hoyer apparently will start for Texans in preseason opener http://bit.ly/1ISkxwF
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 1:16

Garrett Celek@GCells85 35m35 minutes ago
One of the best photos I have ever been in. #Spartans

Spartans in the NFL - Page 3 Ef-NCdby_biggerMylan Hicks@AlmightyLO6
@M_Rush44 @Bullough40 @bhoyer7 @GCells85 @GeorgiaBoi25 @K_Drummond27 @KeshawnMartin82 #dawgs

Spartans in the NFL - Page 3 CMgHp7BUcAAvQ-4
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 1:23

Adam Ruff@AdamMRuff  2h2 hours ago  
Meanwhile for Houston, Keshawn Martin had 2 catches and Keith Mumphery had 1 (17 yds). Max Bullough and Kurtis Drummond had 3 tackles each

Garrett Celek had a TD reception for the 49ers this evening, while Marcus Rush notched 3 tackles against the Texans.

I know Drummond had an INT too, don't know why he didn't mention that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 4:59

LooseGoose wrote:Garrett Celek@GCells85  35m35 minutes ago  

@M_Rush44 @Bullough40 @bhoyer7 @GCells85 @GeorgiaBoi25 @K_Drummond27 @KeshawnMartin82 #dawgs

Great picture.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 9:32

LooseGoose wrote:Adam Ruff@AdamMRuff  2h2 hours ago  
Meanwhile for Houston, Keshawn Martin had 2 catches and Keith Mumphery had 1 (17 yds). Max Bullough and Kurtis Drummond had 3 tackles each

Garrett Celek had a TD reception for the 49ers this evening, while Marcus Rush notched 3 tackles against the Texans.

Kinda bittersweet that Keshawn might be knocked off the roster by Mumphrey. Well, good luck to both of 'em, I guess.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 9:35

SpartanInNH wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Adam Ruff@AdamMRuff  2h2 hours ago  

Kinda bittersweet that Keshawn might be knocked off the roster by Mumphrey.  Well, good luck to both of 'em, I guess.  

Keshawn isn't done in the NFL.   Whether its' at Houston or elsewhere.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 9:40

DWags wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

Kinda bittersweet that Keshawn might be knocked off the roster by Mumphrey.  Well, good luck to both of 'em, I guess.  

I read somewhere, early on in Keshawn's rookie year, that he was running into trouble because he has a pretty significant learning disability, and he's tremendously shy: so he was thrust into a completely new and different situation where he had to learn a boatload of new stuff, and was too shy to ask for help.

Don't know if that's true or not true (came from a Texans beat writer, IIRC), but either way, it's the sort of thing that could make life difficult. Hope he has a handle on it, because he's got the skills.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 9:44

SpartanInNH wrote:
DWags wrote:

I read somewhere, early on in Keshawn's rookie year, that he was running into trouble because he has a pretty significant learning disability, and he's tremendously shy:  so he was thrust into a completely new and different situation where he had to learn a boatload of new stuff, and was too shy to ask for help.  

Don't know if that's true or not true (came from a Texans beat writer, IIRC), but either way, it's the sort of thing that could make life difficult.  Hope he has a handle on it, because he's got the skills.  

I think your last five words will keep him in hte league.  I didn't hear about the learning disability, but I'd guess that when the bottom line is winning games, the NFL would go to certain lengths to make sure he is taken care of.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 10:21

Floyd Robertson wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Garrett Celek@GCells85  35m35 minutes ago  

Great picture.

Because it's segregated?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 12:54

Chris Vannini@ChrisVannini 57m57 minutes ago
5 of those players are from the 2010 class, which also included Bell, Dennard, Gholston, Lippett and Langford. That class was ranked No. 30.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 3:13

Shanahan: Kirk Cousins will have a 'great career'

"I think Kirk Cousins has got a big-time future," Shanahan said, via the Washington Post. "He's a starter in the National Football League, and that'll be proven out in time. ... He's going to have a great career as a starter."
Although Cousins has shown the ability to rack up yards and put points on the board, he was benched for Colt McCoy last season after throwing eight interceptions in a four-game stretch. Shanahan believes those mistakes can be avoided with a stronger supporting cast and more balanced play-calling.
"If you put a guy like Kirk Cousins in and you run the ball 30 to 35 times a game, and then you look back at the success that he had, you'd say, holy cow, look at those stats -- when it's a balanced offense," Shanahan explained. "You can't put in a guy that's started nine games in the National Football League and ask him to win games week in and week out in the passing game. It just doesn't work that way."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 7:56

Same could be said of hoyer or any other qb if you have that kind of running game.

Still kirk needs to gtfo of Washington
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 8:14

We do realize shanahan pretty much has to say that, right? Kirk did well here but I don't see it
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 8:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:We do realize shanahan pretty much has to say that, right? Kirk did well here but I don't see it

I think he is extremely valuable in the NFL.  Starter?  hmmmm, I'll say it here, but not on the RCMB, he has to prove it a bit more first.  

But think about him as a #2?   In Green Bay, in Seattle in Pittsburgh, in Denver, in Indy or in New England.  THE MAN pulls a hammy, or gets dinged and is out and needs a rest for 2 or 3 games, you have a guy who you know doesn't take responsibility lightly, he will study the film, not party at night, know the defenses, work hard and is a great band aid for a team that needs him to be the back up when it gets tight.  I'd pay millions for him as a back up.  If I was desperate like maybe Houston, or a team that is getting near but is missing a beat, I might pay starter money for him, but I personally think he's not worth it yet.  

Great back up to have, great reliever, as a starter I'd need to see if he could carry a team, because no matter what Shannahan says, your starter needs to be able to carry your team.  Especially in the NFL.  

All that said, I'm probably blinded by my Spartan glasses, but I always thought if Wilson could do it, he could in the right place, but Wilso I guess seems to have that "it", when needed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 10:12

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:We do realize shanahan pretty much has to say that, right? Kirk did well here but I don't see it

I think he is extremely valuable in the NFL.  Starter?  hmmmm, I'll say it here, but not on the RCMB, he has to prove it a bit more first.  

But think about him as a #2?   In Green Bay, in Seattle in Pittsburgh, in Denver, in Indy or in New England.  THE MAN pulls a hammy, or gets dinged and is out and needs a rest for 2 or 3 games, you have a guy who you know doesn't take responsibility lightly, he will study the film, not party at night, know the defenses, work hard and is a great band aid for a team that needs him to be the back up when it gets tight.  I'd pay millions for him as a back up.  If I was desperate like maybe Houston, or a team that is getting near but is missing a beat, I might pay starter money for him, but I personally think he's not worth it yet.  

Great back up to have, great reliever, as a starter I'd need to see if he could carry a team, because no matter what Shannahan says, your starter needs to be able to carry your team.  Especially in the NFL.  

All that said, I'm probably blinded by my Spartan glasses, but I always thought if Wilson could do it, he could in the right place, but Wilso I guess seems to have that "it", when needed.

Wilson ain't afraid to get hit. Cousins is
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 19:52

DWags wrote:

I hope GB doesn't get him. That would suck.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 6:29

NFL on ESPN@ESPNNFL 8h8 hours ago
BEARS WIN! Jeremy Langford rushes 9 times for 80 yards and a TD to lead Chicago to a 23-11 win over the Colts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 10:02

LooseGoose wrote:NFL on ESPN@ESPNNFL 8h8 hours ago
BEARS WIN! Jeremy Langford rushes 9 times for 80 yards and a TD to lead Chicago to a 23-11 win over the Colts.

I don't know if we realize how lucky we've been with Bell and Langford these last five years.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 10:40

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:NFL on ESPN@ESPNNFL 8h8 hours ago

I don't know if we realize how lucky we've been with Bell and Langford these last five years.

The argument that this coaching staff makes it's own luck has more validity with each passing season.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 12:39

Complete Spartan round up in this article.....

Chicago Bears RB Jeremy Langford breaks 46-yard run, tacks on first NFL touchdown

Broncos 14, Texans 10
In Houston on Saturday night, Texans quarterback Brian Hoyer came off the bench to complete 7-of-11 pass for 52 yards in Houston's home loss to Denver.
Texans receivers Keshawn Martin had two catches for 33 yards, and Keith Mumphery had two receptions for 12 yards. Mumphery also had two punt returns for 11 yards.
Houston safety Kurtis Drummond had two tackles, while linebacker Max Bullough had a tackle assist. Bullough also had a QB pressure that led to an interception.
Receiver Bennie Fowler had two catches for 18 yards for the Broncos.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 14:58

LooseGoose wrote:Complete Spartan round up in this article.....

Chicago Bears RB Jeremy Langford breaks 46-yard run, tacks on first NFL touchdown

Broncos 14, Texans 10
In Houston on Saturday night, Texans quarterback Brian Hoyer came off the bench to complete 7-of-11 pass for 52 yards in Houston's home loss to Denver.
Texans receivers Keshawn Martin had two catches for 33 yards, and Keith Mumphery had two receptions for 12 yards. Mumphery also had two punt returns for 11 yards.
Houston safety Kurtis Drummond had two tackles, while linebacker Max Bullough had a tackle assist. Bullough also had a QB pressure that led to an interception.
Receiver Bennie Fowler had two catches for 18 yards for the Broncos.

Spartans in the NFL - Page 3 1486952199
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 20:42

I hope the guys keep this tradition up.....

Kirk Cousins@KirkCousins8 7m7 minutes ago
#SpartanDawgs @T_Robinson39 @I_AM_Worthy99 @MSU_Football https://sqor.com/posts/48887701-1ca8-4216-92d1-af8366d8471c/uid/28931 …

Spartans in the NFL - Page 3 CNIkx0HWIAA5sym
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 21:02

I didn't watch the Lions game, how did Jerel do?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 21:51

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I didn't watch the Lions game, how did Jerel do?
A couple plays he was mentioned, not enough so far though.

It just finished replaying on FSD.....on Thursday 5:30AM on NFL Network, set your alarm.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 22:21

No thanks. 

I was quite literally about the biggest Lions fan on the planet from '88 or so until roughly '03 or so. Season ticket holder (well, my dad), never missed a game. 

Now, I kind of wish the franchise would go belly up unless they can provide sustained employment for Jerel Worthy and any other former Spartans.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 7:02

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:No thanks. 

I was quite literally about the biggest Lions fan on the planet from '88 or so until roughly '03 or so. Season ticket holder (well, my dad), never missed a game. 

Now, I kind of wish the franchise would go belly up unless they can provide sustained employment for Jerel Worthy and any other former Spartans.

Spartans in the NFL - Page 3 O-CHARLES-ROGERS-facebook

Spartans in the NFL - Page 3 2599972566
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 9:17

Hoyer is named the starter for the Texans. Not sure if that is for the next game or for the season.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next