Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duke uses USA basketball for recruiting

4 posters

Go down

Duke uses USA basketball for recruiting Empty Duke uses USA basketball for recruiting

Post by Guest 2014-09-15, 09:35

Wojnarowski from Yahoo goes an a rant.   With an interesting nugget that may explain how Izzo lost Parker/Okafor.

The roster of college stars happened to include two 17-year-old prep phenoms: Chicago's Jahlil Okaor and Houston's Justise Winslow. When Krzyzewski makes his triumphant return this week, two freshmen stars will be awaiting him on Duke's campus: Jahlil Okafor and Justise Winslow.

Within the college recruiting game, no one ever considered it a coincidence when one of those younger USA Basketball national teams would detour through Vegas to watch Krzyzewski and his Duke assistants on the training camp floor with the biggest basketball stars in the world.
Without the access of USA Basketball, there's a strong belief within the basketball community that Krzyzewski would've never landed Jabari Parker. Only, he had it, used it and signed him. He's on a tremendous run, and let's face it: Krzyzewski is so untouchable, he could keep Mason Plumlee on this World Cup roster without much of an uproar.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-needs-to-pull-stars-from-usa-basketball--which-is-showcasing-only-duke-s-coach-044717393.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Duke uses USA basketball for recruiting Empty Re: Duke uses USA basketball for recruiting

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-15, 09:40

would've been sweet if we could've gotten in on some of that action..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Duke uses USA basketball for recruiting Empty Re: Duke uses USA basketball for recruiting

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-15, 09:41

I just don't understand, how taking 15 of some of the best players in the world, and winning the championship does so much for recruiting. Come play for me, I'll make sure you're on team USA?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-09-15, 09:45

InTenSity wrote:I just don't understand, how taking 15 of some of the best players in the world, and winning the championship does so much for recruiting. Come play for me, I'll make sure you're on team USA?

More than the tournament, it's the contact and unfettered access he enjoys compared to other coaches.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-15, 09:51

OK I want to hate Duke for this, but I'm not seeing the problem. Coach K puts in the extra time to coach USA basketball but he is expected not to take advantage of that extra time??
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-09-15, 10:26

LoneWolfSparty wrote:OK I want to hate Duke for this, but I'm not seeing the problem. Coach K puts in the extra time to coach USA basketball but he is expected not to take advantage of that extra time??
There are 20 or more college coaches that could do the same thing, why not give them a shot?

Almost any NBA coach/assistant could do the same without the recruiting advantage given to Duke.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-09-15, 10:28

gHost Spartan wrote:They should rotate Team USA coaches

I read on Hondo's site that Dantonio is next in line for the TEAM USA job.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down