Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now

+19
Jake from State Farm
AMwood
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Izzo Court
Wally Fairway
Other Teams Pursuing That
CrazySparty
Rocinante
Ass Dan
Notorious GiB
NigelUno
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
Heat Miser
steveschneider
InTenSity
Rodeo Burger
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now Empty UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now

Post by Rodeo Burger Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 22:16

This is awesome. His idea to give away football tickets with the purchase of a Coca Cola product has UM fans a bit upset. Here's the real time Twitter feed of Tweets to David Brandon:

INCOMING!! TAKE COVER!!
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now Empty Re: UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now

Post by InTenSity Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:22

Wow. I don't even know what to say. This is hilarious.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now Empty Re: UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now

Post by steveschneider Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:30

Green Vim ‏@With_a_Vim 49m

@DaveBrandonAD Don't listen to these guys, you're doing a wonderful job. Any sky writing planned for East Lansing this year?

UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now 1966794946 UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now 1966794946 UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now 1966794946
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:42

Get your Swill Bets in. I've got a feeling Brandon & Hoke are both gone by 1/1.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:48

I doubt 1/1, HM. My guess is they will let the season play out, including the "bowl" game if they wind up 6-6 or better. They will take some time and assess whether they can land a top notch hire or not. We all hear about the Harbaughs but that's a longshot, and the only other dude out there with any cache for them due to the "Michigan Man" box they've penciled themselves into is Miles. If those dudes aren't coming - and I'd have to say they're a loooong shot - what's the point? They can't make a change for the sake of making a change. I mean, I guess I hope they do. It would be a monumentally short-sighted decision.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:51

nick demattia@demoisblue 1h
@DaveBrandonAD I pay $350 a seat for my seat license x 3. Then $75 or $95 a ticket for each game x 3. Then I see this pic.twitter.com/Kexc2cKwu9
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 23:55

The Auger ‏@auggerdogger 56m
@DaveBrandonAD the past years of Michigan football has sucked this IS NOT MICHIGAN and if the product remains the same you must resign

fergodsaks UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now 1966794946
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 0:01

Heat Miser wrote:Get your Swill Bets in. I've got a feeling Brandon & Hoke are both gone by 1/1.

I'm pretty sure the buyout for Hoke is $3 million through the end of 2014. It becomes $2 million in 2015.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 0:02

DFisch ‏@fischerddf 1h
@DaveBrandonAD Not sure what you have done to cause me more diarrhea - @dominos or what you turned @umichfootball into.

Buckeye ‏@AkronOSU 1h
@DaveBrandonAD if I bring 2 Coke cans to the stadium, will that be accepted by Will Call? Thanks

Kamario Arnold ‏@kamario24 11h
@DaveBrandonAD also, if I were you I would look at tressel, Bo was an buckeye before becoming a wolverine #GoBlue @ESPN_Colin @TheHerd
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious GiB Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 0:48

#ChubbyCheerleader comment was one of my favorites. Lol. What a dumpster fire. I love it. I also love the delusion that these idiots think ales Miles will jump ship into that mess. Not to mention JOHN Harbaugh!!! Seriously, why the fuck would he want that job. Lol.
Notorious GiB
Notorious GiB
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 0:59

Some guy crying about $40 for his tickets and now this. Douche.

Also dr. Chick who is actually a dentist made me laugh
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 1:03

I feel kind of bad for them you guys.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 1:30

NigelUno wrote:

I'm pretty sure the buyout for Hoke is $3 million through the end of 2014. It becomes $2 million in 2015.

You think an extra million really means anything to UM and their boosters?
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 1:38

CrazySparty wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You think an extra million really means anything to UM and their boosters?

Didn't they delay firing DickRod to save a million bucks?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 1:41

Can I bring 2 cokes to will call UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now 502811600 UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 1:42

http://gregghenson.com/new-information-on-the-new-michigan-coach-and-ad/

I’ve been talking to a lot of guys closely connected to the Michigan football program.  None of this is my opinion, it’s all from plugged in Michigan alumni, former players and insiders.
The Michigan Board Of Regents is off the Dave Brandon bandwagon, change is inevitable and I am told it is “only a matter of time” before Dave Brandon is done as Michigan Athletic Director.  The Regents have tired of Brandon’s act and believe his aggressive marketing and “gouging” of the Michigan fan base has done extreme damage to the brand that has been so tenderly cultivated for the last 50 years.  The “free tickets” with a Coke disaster is the final nail, although I’m told Brandon’s fate was sealed long ago.
I’m told by three solid sources that the Board Of Regents is no longer in Dave Brandon’s corner and realize that Les Miles, Jim Harbaugh, John Harbaugh and any other credible coach will not come to Ann Arbor as long as Brandon is the Athletic Director.  None of the big name coaches will tolerate his meddling.  The Board of Regents understand that, if Brandon isn’t fired, Michigan won’t get the right coach to lead the Maize and Blue.  Dave Brandon only understands how to make money, he doesn’t understand how to do the other half of the job, hiring the right men to lead the Michigan athletic programs.  It’s the classic sales vs. product problem.  You can only market so much without a solid product, Dave Brandon is cooked.
My three separate sources tell me that the next domino to fall is Brandon.  He must go before any potential football coach can be approached as he totally botched the Hoke hire, never offering the gig to Miles or either Harbaugh.  As a matter of fact, he never even returned calls to Les Miles when he was interested.  In his mind Hoke was the only option from day one.
The two names surfacing in the AD hunt are Ward Manuel the AD at Uconn and Brad Bates, the current AD at Boston College.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 8:19

The "promotion" has ended
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/michigan-cites--miscommunication--in-advertising-free-tickets-for-coke-purchases-021851459.html

I think the reason is that Coke sales were plummeting.

On a side note - is there time to hire a skywriting plane for AA this Saturday, what would you want written?
"Have a Coke and a smile"
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 8:36

Brandon was only trying to make sure the scUM Minnesota game doesn't turn out like Slappy's OSU game. This dumpster fire is fun to watch.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 8:44

If this wasn't so funny, it'd be sad.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:19

Coke would never go out and start this promotion without permission from um.  UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now 276803595
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:20

bump.. this needs to stay at the top.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump.. this needs to stay at the top.

Thanks. That reminds me that I find all of this to be hilarious and nothing is hypocritical when it comes to making fun of your rival. 

That being said, has MSU ever done anything like this? I don't recall, but the 00's are kinda blurry to me.  UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now 969504605
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:30

InTenSity wrote:
That being said, has MSU ever done anything like this? I don't recall, but the 00's are kinda blurry to me.  UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now 969504605
I went to the Penn State game about.. I don't know.. maybe 1996 or so.. took some cans of food and got a ticket... I'm pretty sure I left at halftime.

I think it was the weekend of Thanksgiving.

UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now 2599972566

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:35

LooseGoose wrote:http://gregghenson.com/new-information-on-the-new-michigan-coach-and-ad/

Henson nailed it. Brandon is your classic sleeze bag CEO. Fuck
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:36

...the customer its all about the profit. Never mind the fact this will cause them massive customer losses in the end. Home depot and that GE fuck who also fucked chrylser is the perfect example
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:39

blanch has spoken. Lock the thread.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:41

Blanch32 wrote:...the customer its all about the profit. Never mind the fact this will cause them massive customer losses in the end. Home depot and that GE fuck who also fucked chrylser is the perfect example

idk if the customer has profit why would a stale bring? i don't think home depot or ge do chrysler a broad.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I went to the Penn State game about.. I don't know.. maybe 1996 or so.. took some cans of food and got a ticket... I'm pretty sure I left at halftime.

So MSU ran a food drive and gave tickets away to people that brought food for a charity? That doesn't sound as bad as asking a sponsor to buy 10,000 tickets and give them away.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:42

Blanch32 wrote:

Henson nailed it. Brandon is your classic sleeze bag CEO. Fuck

Other than that, looks like he's on the Harbaugh brothers Les Miles bandwagon.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:43

InTenSity wrote:
So MSU ran a food drive and gave tickets away to people that brought food for a charity? That doesn't sound as bad as asking a sponsor to buy 10,000 tickets and give them away.
I don't recall the details.. was probably 1996 or 1997.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:51

AMwood wrote:

idk if the customer has profit why would a stale bring? i don't think home depot or ge do chrysler a broad.

what ur nineing. GTFO w seventeen peeces or hungry man. Foolish.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 10:03

How did AMWood's exwife get involved in this conversation?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 10:57

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Other than that, looks like he's on the Harbaugh brothers Les Miles bandwagon.

I can understand the argument for miles. Dude might want to take a cash money jig bf retirement but not the harbaughs. Florida will be in the market for a new coach and if anything, that would be the #1 college job. The Michigan connections are just laughable
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 11:00

The only question seems to be "when?"
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 11:11

od drive and gave tickets away to people that brough
all conversations about the Big Hole ultimately turn to AM's ex

so Coke stopped their promotion - then this turns up on twitterfeed....any confirmation (Zeeb Rd McD's?)

UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now ByL58GCCMAAIwbv
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 11:25

InTenSity wrote:Coke would never go out and start this promotion without permission from um.  UM fans are killing David Brandon on Twitter right now 276803595

I am very surprised that U of M threw one of their high profile corporate sponsors under the bus like that. I could see them being pretty pissed off about that. Maybe withdrawing some of that sponsorship money that Brandon likes so much...
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 11:48

InTenSity wrote:How did AMWood's exwife get involved in this conversation?

Gravitational pull.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 13:14

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

MSU doesn't yammer on endlessly about consecutive games with 100k people or sell tshirts about their stadium.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 13:33

And former players on killing him (leadership) on the radio.

Ex-QB Michael Taylor rips Michigan football, leadership
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 13:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I doubt 1/1, HM. My guess is they will let the season play out, including the "bowl" game if they wind up 6-6 or better. They will take some time and assess whether they can land a top notch hire or not. We all hear about the Harbaughs but that's a longshot, and the only other dude out there with any cache for them due to the "Michigan Man" box they've penciled themselves into is Miles. If those dudes aren't coming - and I'd have to say they're a loooong shot - what's the point? They can't make a change for the sake of making a change. I mean, I guess I hope they do. It would be a monumentally short-sighted decision.

OTOH, don't they need to fire Brandon and hire a new AD in time for the coaching search?
When they do fire Brandon that makes Hoke a dead man walking. I think the end of the regular season is as long as they would wait on Hoke. Good chance they won't make a bowl anyway.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next