Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really tough question by David Harns on twitter

+12
Cameron
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Motown Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
16 posters

Go down

Really tough question by David Harns on twitter Empty Really tough question by David Harns on twitter

Post by DWags Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 0:49

You’re sitting in the Riv. Belly up to the bar. In walk Jalen Watts Jackson and Kenny Goins. They sit on either side of you. You only have enough money to buy one of them a beer.

Who gets it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Really tough question by David Harns on twitter Empty Re: Really tough question by David Harns on twitter

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 1:00

I saw this. Impossible. I would hijack the bar.

I'm more personally endeared to Kenny but JWJ is probably going to be responsible for the most insane sporting moment of our collective lives. I don't know how you could top that.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Really tough question by David Harns on twitter Empty Re: Really tough question by David Harns on twitter

Post by tGreenWay Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 3:24

JWJ. Surprisingly, it was a quick and easy call. I’ll find KG at some point and follow up with a brew.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 7:14

I’d consider getting some help if I only have money for one beer and I am in a bar anyway. I just spent some of the last dollars I had on beer when I could have bought food or shelter for my family? What the hell is wrong with me? It might be time to admit that I have a problem.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 7:14

We likely wouldn’t know who JWJ is if not for that play. I’d go with JWJ.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 7:36

Good question, I’d say for the broken hip JWJ gets the beer. Both gave us unbelievable sports moments but JWJ gave us a friggin miracle and he took his injury like a champ.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 8:12

In the poll JWJ was leading 46-38. 20 something percent had a third option “look at poll results without voting”.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 8:27

Impossible. I am not poor.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 8:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’d consider getting some help if I only have money for one beer and I am in a bar anyway. I just spent some of the last dollars I had on beer when I could have bought food or shelter for my family? What the hell is wrong with me? It might be time to admit that I have a problem.

I thought about this some more and the answer is that if I was that much of an alcoholic I would spend the beer on me.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 8:34

I think tSwill has some members who have a problem with the suspension of disbelief.

I dated a girl from 9th grade through college who was like that. In 1976 we went to Star Wars. She just kept saying “oh I’m sure”
The whole time during the movie.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 8:46

DWags wrote:I think tSwill has some members who have a problem with the suspension of disbelief.

I dated a girl from 9th grade through college who was like that. In 1976 we went to Star Wars. She just kept saying “oh I’m sure”
wait...

you dated a girl from 9th grade through college?

the same girl?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 8:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:I think tSwill has some members who have a problem with the suspension of disbelief.

wait...

the same girl?

Yep. Funny part is her and my wife are now pretty good friends. Our kids went to msu together. She still has one in high school. She and her family stop by my tailgate often. I’m still a bit weirded out but shit, we’re all in our upper 50 s. So that whole drama thing is pretty much gone.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 8:56

Star Wars came out in 1977 dwags
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

MSU addict likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 9:08

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Star Wars came out in 1977 dwags

I apologize. But I guess you’re right. If I drove her to the theatre and I was born in 1961 I have to concede to your facts.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 9:14

If you ever see me at bar trivia and I’m not screaming at the bartender for cutting me off when I just wanted one more then you want me on your team dwags
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 9:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:If you ever see me at bar trivia and I’m not screaming at the bartender for cutting me off when I just wanted one more then you want me on your team dwags

Noted.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 10:58

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: wait...

the same girl?

Yep. Funny part is her and my wife are now pretty good friends. Our kids went to msu together. She still has one in high school. She and her family stop by my tailgate often. I’m still a bit weirded out but shit, we’re all in our upper 50 s. So that whole drama thing is pretty much gone.
that's pretty awesome.

my HS girlfriend dumped me first semester in college (she went to East Carolina) for some blonde surfer boy type. I'm okay now and all, but that fuckin' bitch ain't invited to my tailgate.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 11:11

Maybe more important than Harns’ question is why — at my age — am I creepin’ a college bar?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 14:50

tGreenWay wrote:Maybe more important than Harns’ question is why — at my age — am I creepin’ a college bar?
Um, cause they cute??... but my kid could be there... Ug.

(I've been wondering what the fuck I'm going to do when my wife of 26 years inevitably dumps me... still working through how people in their late 40s are single.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 15:16

I wouldn’t recognize either of them so I’d probably just be alarmed that two large men just sat on either side of me. I’d be wondering what I had done.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 15:31

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 15:56

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Maybe more important than Harns’ question is why — at my age — am I creepin’ a college bar?
Um, cause they cute??... but my kid could be there... Ug.

(I've been wondering what the fuck I'm going to do when my wife of 26 years inevitably dumps me... still working through how people in their late 40s are single.)

Once you’re on your own, I suggest you join Travis’ quilting message board. He says there’s lots of ladies there.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 16:03

Glad things worked out but Dwags, you get the trooper award for staying with Miss "Oh I'm Sure" for as long as you did.

I dated my wife in HS, went out with other girls/women too and 4 years out of HS circled around and 6 months after that got engaged then married.

Maybe I'm a picky shit but I quit dating one girl because she couldn't finish two sentences in a row without a "Ya Know"

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 16:37

Btw, Goins...
1) wouldn't know who jwj was with the helmet and whatever...
B) jwj was a "right place right time" thing.
2) Goins took a TON of shit his first two years and worked through it to be a "hero"... Worth a beer.

Last edited by AvgMSUJoe on Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 16:38; edited 1 time in total
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 16:38

Rocinante wrote:I wouldn’t recognize either of them so I’d probably just be alarmed that two large men just sat on either side of me. I’d be wondering what I had done.  
I would only recognize Goins, so I guess he is my answer by default.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 17:25

I’m going to ask them to hold my seat, step outside to the money machine, then come back in and get those two great Spartans whatever they want til closing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 18:21

Damn it! Suspension of disbelief! Follow the damn rules.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 18:34

Oh, I’m sure.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 18:37

Rocinante wrote:Oh, I’m sure.

Really tough question by David Harns on twitter 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 18:41

DWags wrote:Damn it! Suspension of disbelief! Follow the damn rules.

tGreenWay pulled the Kirk kobiyashi maru.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 18:44

I’m going to use the last of my last cash to buy a scratcher, and when I win $2,500, I’ll buy both of these great Spartans anything they want until closing time.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 18:44

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:Damn it! Suspension of disbelief! Follow the damn rules.

tGreenWay pulled the Kirk kobiyashi maru.

Really tough question by David Harns on twitter 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 20:37

Loyer obv
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, DWags and Watch Out Pylon! like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 21:29

DWags wrote:You’re sitting in the Riv. Belly up to the bar. In walk Jalen Watts Jackson and Kenny Goins. They sit on either side of you. You only have enough money to buy one of them a beer.

Who gets it?
Trick question. Who doesn't have a credit card with at least $50 on it?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 21:55

Neither, but I’d send Uber Eats to Korie Lucious with my extra coin.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 22:14

Turtleneck wrote:Neither, but I’d send Uber Eats to Korie Lucious with my extra coin.

It’s funny that you think you’d have extra coin. Really tough question by David Harns on twitter 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down