Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brandon on his way out?

+13
I.B. Fine
Stoops21
Ted Brogan
kingstonlake
75alum
Floyd Robertson
Herbie Green
By-Tor
CORNER BLITZ
SeeRockCity
goodbar
Heat Miser
NigelUno
17 posters

Go down

Brandon on his way out? Empty Brandon on his way out?

Post by NigelUno Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:35 pm

http://coachingsearch.247sports.com/Article/Michigan-athletic-director-Dave-Brandon-Warde-Manuel-Brad-Bates-31598335

"A source has informed CoachingSearch.com that Michigan has gauged the interest of UConn director of athletics Warde Manuel and Boston College athletic director Brad Bates about their interest in the same position at Michigan."

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Brandon on his way out? Empty Re: Brandon on his way out?

Post by Heat Miser Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:42 pm

Brandon on his way out? 1550444538 Brandon on his way out? 1966794946
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:43 pm

Start trackin' dem planes.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:45 pm

This actually would make a lot of sense. Hire the new AD, let him/her handle the coaching change. Credible source BTW. Brandon wasn't at the presser today which is unusual.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Manuel is a graduate of Michigan and played football under Bo Schembechler.

Bates was also a part of the Wolverines football program under Schembechler.

Brandon on his way out? 1486952199 Brandon on his way out? 1486952199
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:49 pm

This makes sense but they are in an awkward spot. For one, It's not even October yet and two, Brandon gave the perception as if he ran the University. What do you fire him for?
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:50 pm

Will this start a whole new news cycle?

How long would it take to get an AD in place?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:50 pm

I'd rather have them give Brandon his walking papers first, then twist in the wind for a while while they settle on their 4th choice.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:52 pm

By-Tor wrote:This makes sense but they are in an awkward spot. For one, It's not even October yet and two, Brandon gave the perception as if he ran the University. What do you fire him for?

He may resign. Writing on the wall, too many bad blunders, keeping Ross in the family. It all makes sense. He would get to go out as taking one for the team rather than being disgraced over the next 3 months.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:56 pm

I can see the resignation angle. The new Prez gives Brandon two options, so he resigns playing the martyr for Hoke and then Hoke gets broomed out after the OSU game.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:57 pm

There is no decent coach who would put up with that PT Barnum wannabe. He's the guy who has spent the money like a drunken sailor with the same results in his wake. I was never a big circus lover as a kid. If it was anything like this, I apparently cheated myself. Better late than never to enjoy it and seemingly will be in town for long term. More clowns, please.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:00 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Manuel is a graduate of Michigan and played football under Bo Schembechler.

Woooo Hoooo!  Dig up Bo!  Dig up Bo!  Dig up Bo!

Last edited by 75alum on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:00 pm

By-Tor wrote:I can see the resignation angle. The new Prez gives Brandon two options, so he resigns playing the martyr for Hoke and then Hoke gets broomed out after the OSU game.

chicken dinner.

Except, version two is they keep Hoke for another year to give the new AD time to get some sticks in the fire. If Brandon falls on his sword, it takes some of the pressure of of the coaching staff. I see this as a plausible alternate ending.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:28 pm

My sources say Brandon refuses to fire hoke during the season. Brandon will be fired first so a new AD will be in place to do a search for a new coach in Dec/Jan. The board of regents is vehemently opposed to Brandon hiring the new coach.  He will be gone first, new AD will fire Hoke. Probably at or near seasons end. Want to make a runvat candidates with Brandon off the books.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:43 pm

Michigan should hire Herman Cain for their AD. Trade Domino's for Godfather's.
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:01 pm

Brandon on his way out? 1550444538 Get your Swill Bookie wagers in before Saturday.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Lol more bo. I love it. They will never learn. It could take decades to realize the damage they have done.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:14 pm

kingstonlake wrote:My sources say Brandon refuses to fire hoke during the season. Brandon will be fired first so a new AD will be in place to do a search for a new coach in Dec/Jan. The board of regents is vehemently opposed to Brandon hiring the new coach.  He will be gone first, new AD will fire Hoke. Probably at or near seasons end. Want to make a runvat candidates with Brandon off the books.

He has always maintained that Hoke needs more time.  It would be hard for him to just change his mind right now and fire him mid-season.  Even if he did that, he would be admitting his biggest failure as AD, he hired a crappy football coach (and they sure as hell wouldn't let him hire another one).  He's kind of screwed.  IF this story is true...could have just been an unhappy camper leaking it to stir up trouble.  But, it is somewhat telling that Hoke said he hadn't talked to Brandon (maybe Brandon is distancing himself or Hoke realizes he needs to make his own decisions/statements).  They totally botched the handling of this one though.  Not shocking at this point.

Ross said he backed Brandon though. I doubt you'd get rid of Brandon without having Ross sign off on it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:53 pm

SeeRockCity wrote:

chicken dinner.

Except, version two is they keep Hoke for another year to give the new AD time to get some sticks in the fire. If Brandon falls on his sword, it takes some of the pressure of of the coaching staff. I see this as a plausible alternate ending.

No way possible I can see Hoke is on the sideline next year, unless he's holding a down marker, the Walveriners want blood.
Brandon is the head buffoon, if they don't get rid of him it will be rinse and repeat, it may even be without him, no telling how far the ladder the head up the ass arrogance goes in AA, but I'll take the over.
Sucks to be them....and I couldn't be happier
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:21 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Manuel is a graduate of Michigan and played football under Bo Schembechler.

Exactly. From what I'm learning, Schmbeckler raised a bunch of idiots. Perhaps he should have let them major in something other than Physical Ed....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:16 am

By-Tor wrote:I can see the resignation angle. The new Prez gives Brandon two options, so he resigns playing the martyr for Hoke and then Hoke gets broomed out after the OSU game.
I can't have Brandon fired until after 1/15/2015. I have Swill cash riding on this shit. I need Hoke to be fired before 1/15/2015. This shit's gettin' real.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:30 am

Code_Warrior wrote:
I can't have Brandon fired until after 1/15/2015. I have Swill cash riding on this shit. I need Hoke to be fired before 1/15/2015. This shit's gettin' real.

Bro, these things happen either right after the last game, or just after the bowl game. Sometimes midseason, but not often.

The Hoke bet is an easy win, but the Brandon bet is a loser. They can't keep him that long unless they plan to keep him indefinitely.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:34 am

Rodeo Burger wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

Bro, these things happen either right after the last game, or just after the bowl game. Sometimes midseason, but not often.

The Hoke bet is an easy win, but the Brandon bet is a loser. They can't keep him that long unless they plan to keep him indefinitely.

Not so fast my friend. Hoke's buyout drops by $1 million after 1/1/15. Remember how they strung DickRod along to save some cash & keep recruits? And do they really want Brandon screwing up another hire? Brandon on his way out? 4113017228 I hope so.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious GiB Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:36 am

NigelUno wrote:http://coachingsearch.247sports.com/Article/Michigan-athletic-director-Dave-Brandon-Warde-Manuel-Brad-Bates-31598335

"A source has informed CoachingSearch.com that Michigan has gauged the interest of UConn director of athletics Warde Manuel and Boston College athletic director Brad Bates about their interest in the same position at Michigan."

You shut your whore mouth.
Notorious GiB
Notorious GiB
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:20 pm

Assessment of Bates' performance at BC.

What Would It Mean If Brad Bates Left?

Bottom Line:
Brad Bates has done a lot of good things at BC and I would be sad to see him go. But most of his biggest jobs are already done: primarily, stabilizing football and putting a breath of fresh air into Conte Forum by being a friendlier, more engaged face of BC athletics. Most of the other stuff that's been done under Bates's tenure could easily be continued and built upon by another AD, as long as the school makes a good choice. Based on the last AD search, which turned up Bates, I am reasonably confident a replacement could do a good job.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:50 pm

Brandon has a $3 million buy out.

Time for Stephen Ross to either write another check, or to dig in and continue his support for Brandon.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:00 pm

Please be true!!

Talked to some sources today that informed me that Dave Brandon is still at Michigan because of politics.

The New President at The University of Michigan doesn’t want to act right now and has asked the Regents to decide which way to go on the Athletic Director situation.

The President and the Regents would prefer that Brandon step down as AD, but sources close to both sides claim Brandon is adamant that he is not stepping down without his full contract through 2018. Remember, he was gifted a new deal by his friend and outgoing President Mary Sue Coleman as a payback for Brandon helping get her the President’s gig.

Brandon is not going to go quietly and will take this whole department down if he doesn’t get what he wants when he leave the University.

The only way to make him go away is to pressure him and the Regents.

Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:03 pm

Rodeo Burger wrote:Please be true!!

Talked to some sources today that informed me that Dave Brandon is still at Michigan because of politics.

The New President at The University of Michigan doesn’t want to act right now and has asked the Regents to decide which way to go on the Athletic Director situation.

The President and the Regents would prefer that Brandon step down as AD, but sources close to both sides claim Brandon is adamant that he is not stepping down without his full contract through 2018. Remember, he was gifted a new deal by his friend and outgoing President Mary Sue Coleman as a payback for Brandon helping get her the President’s gig.

Brandon is not going to go quietly and will take this whole department down if he doesn’t get what he wants when he leave the University.

The only way to make him go away is to pressure him and the Regents.

This would be so awesome. Fight, Brandon, Fight!
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:23 pm

This is going to make UM fans absolutely shit themselves:

Bruce Feldman and Stuart Mandel were discussing the state of UM football. They claim that before hiring Hoke, David Brandon had interviewed Kevin Sumlin, who wanted the job. Brandon turned him down in favor of Hoke. Brandon on his way out? 1550444538 (that part is at the 39 minute mark)

Oops!!

Earlier in the clip they talked about other candidates:

They also said UM will have to wait on Jim Harbaugh, but Harbaugh won't come back to the college game. Also said Les Miles has a lot of baggage and likely wouldn't leave LSU anyway.

They name Narduzzi as one of the best candidates along with Dan Mullen. But also note that Florida will likely have an opening and will be more attractive than any other school.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Rodeo Burger wrote:This is going to make UM fans absolutely shit themselves:

Bruce Feldman and Stuart Mandel were discussing the state of UM football. They claim that before hiring Hoke, David Brandon had interviewed Kevin Sumlin, who wanted the job. Brandon turned him down in favor of Hoke. Brandon on his way out? 1550444538 (that part is at the 39 minute mark)

Oops!!

Earlier in the clip they talked about other candidates:

They also said UM will have to wait on Jim Harbaugh, but Harbaugh won't come back to the college game. Also said Les Miles has a lot of baggage and likely wouldn't leave LSU anyway.

They name Narduzzi as one of the best candidates along with Dan Mullen. But also note that Florida will likely have an opening and will be more attractive than any other school.

Raiders, Cowboys, Giants, Jets, and Dolphins could all have openings too. Wouldn't be shocked if the Falcons job opens up either.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down