Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOR FUCKS SAKE. THE Dave Warnerfication OF AMERICA CONTINUES

+19
tGreenWay
SawGreen
Bill Cain
Watch Out Pylon!
Cameron
Cym Jim
Brock Middlebrook
CORNER BLITZ
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
StylesGShmooth
Nommad2
AvgMSUJoe
HT
75alum
Code_Warrior
Floyd Robertson
DWags
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FOR FUCKS SAKE.  THE Dave Warnerfication OF AMERICA CONTINUES Empty FOR FUCKS SAKE. THE Dave Warnerfication OF AMERICA CONTINUES

Post by DWags 2014-10-07, 06:20

No words. We're Dave Warner. The terrorists have won.

take the swings down you pussies.

Last edited by DWags on 2019-11-02, 15:31; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

FOR FUCKS SAKE.  THE Dave Warnerfication OF AMERICA CONTINUES Empty Re: FOR FUCKS SAKE. THE Dave Warnerfication OF AMERICA CONTINUES

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-10-07, 06:24

The district says pressure from insurance companies over the liability is part of the issue, according to a local report.

You know, when we had a playground accident in the 60s, you'd just rub some dirt on it and get back to whatever you were doing.

Now, of course, if there's an accident it's somebody else's fault and we have to sue them for damages.

FOR FUCKS SAKE.  THE Dave Warnerfication OF AMERICA CONTINUES 1896033241
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

FOR FUCKS SAKE.  THE Dave Warnerfication OF AMERICA CONTINUES Empty Re: FOR FUCKS SAKE. THE Dave Warnerfication OF AMERICA CONTINUES

Post by DWags 2014-10-07, 06:29

Floyd Robertson wrote:

You know, when we had a playground accident in the 60s, you'd just rub some dirt on it and get back to whatever you were doing.

Now, of course, if there's an accident it's somebody else's fault and we have to sue them for damages.

FOR FUCKS SAKE.  THE Dave Warnerfication OF AMERICA CONTINUES 1896033241

Their logic: The swings are the most unsafe piece of equipment on the playground, so lets take them out. O.K., but when you do, then what's the most unsafe piece of equipment left? Doesn't that now become the most "unsafe". So, shouldn't we take that piece of equipment out? Then, when you take that one out.........

Lets just send our kids out into an empty field and tell them to walk the fuck around for 1/2 hour and come back in.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-10-07, 06:44

We've talked before about all the stupid shit we did on the swings when we were kids. If you weren't an athletic kid, then it was pretty stupid for you to try a swing stunt. Athletic kids could do them all day long and not get hurt.

Day took r swngz! Da tuk r swingz! D tk r sngs!
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-10-07, 07:16

DWags wrote:No words. We're pussies. The terrorists have won.

Wait! We can't have "winners" and "losers". .........or swings.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-10-07, 07:43

DWags wrote:No words.  We're pussies.  The terrorists have won.

Man, I'm 23 and I can't stand how soft the world is today. Also is ridiculous how there can be a lawsuit for anything. Kids are kids, and they're going to find ways to hurt themselves. If they don't do it on the swings, they're going to find some other way to potentially get hurt.

This is stupid. I feel bad for kids growing up now. The pussified America is going to rob them of a lot of fun and valuable lessons.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-10-07, 09:48

SpartanHT wrote:

Man, I'm 23 and I can't stand how soft the world is today. Also is ridiculous how there can be a lawsuit for anything. Kids are kids, and they're going to find ways to hurt themselves. If they don't do it on the swings, they're going to find some other way to potentially get hurt.

This is stupid. I feel bad for kids growing up now. The pussified America is going to rob them of a lot of fun and valuable lessons.

I agree the rough and tumble 00's were the time when true men were created.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 2014-10-07, 13:27

All of this bullshit can be blamed on fvcking lawyers. Scumbags of the Earth.
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2014-10-07, 15:55

On the one hand it's ridiculous. On the other I have witnessed (sometimes by partcipation) in lots of bumps, abrasions, bruises, concussions, fractures, etc.., etc. on the swings. Of course we found ways to get injured on everything. Part of being a kid. I dropped a girl on a see-saw while she wasn't looking and ended up breaking her wrist. Or maybe it was her ankle. Not sure, I was a dick. She got hurt, I laughed a lot. World keeps on turning. Are the monkey bars/jungle jim still around? Don't even have to get creative to get injured on that thing.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-07, 15:59

Kids get injured, its part of growing up and hopefully keeps them from doing something even dumber later on.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-10-07, 16:04

Isn't there something cooler than swings by now, anyway? It's 2014. Wake the fuck up whoever makes playground equipment. Get creative.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-10-07, 16:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Isn't there something cooler than swings by now, anyway? It's 2014. Wake the fuck up whoever makes playground equipment. Get creative.

Yes, the cooler stuff is called X-Box and the internet.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-07, 16:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Isn't there something cooler than swings by now, anyway? It's 2014. Wake the fuck up whoever makes playground equipment. Get creative.
With a swing you get to go really high and for a brief moment hit weightlessness. These are for 3-7 year olds, roughly, not teenagers. A box will often entertain a kid more than whatever toy you bought them.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-10-07, 16:28

Looks like no more "hey dittle dittle with your kitty in the middle of the swing like ya didn't care"......

Shame.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-10-07, 17:03

I seem to recall many more kids getting injured on the monkey bars.

Remember we had a thing like the American gladiators rings that got taken down when 3 kids got broken arms in the first couple weeks of school
FOR FUCKS SAKE.  THE Dave Warnerfication OF AMERICA CONTINUES 15.-Hang-Tough-Lords-of-the-Rings
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-10-07, 17:08

Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-10-08, 01:49

You Yanks are a bunch of pussies.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-10-08, 06:52

Cym Jim wrote:You Yanks are a bunch of wankers

FIFY
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-08-14, 12:33

LLWS sign stealing

Stealing signs is against the rules now? In my day, that was just part of the game. If you don't switch things up when a runner gets to second, that's on you. I used to think there was a distinction between "gamesmanship" and "unsportsmanlike," but I guess not.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-08-14, 12:48

Cameron wrote:LLWS sign stealing

Stealing signs is against the rules now? In my day, that was just part of the game. If you don't switch things up when a runner gets to second, that's on you. I used to think there was a distinction between "gamesmanship" and "unsportsmanlike," but I guess not.

The indicator meant the signal was real. Without that it's all just bullshit. Come on little leaguers.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-08-14, 13:00

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Cameron wrote:LLWS sign stealing

The indicator meant the signal was real. Without that it's all just bullshit. Come on little leaguers.

As I recall, for a couple of the shittier kids on my little league team who didn't play much, trying to crack the other team's signs from the bench was their biggest contribution to the team. Seems a shame to take that away from the unathletic kids.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-08-14, 13:53

TO BE FAIR...
Through winter conditioning and fall leagues, indoor winter leagues... weight regiments, special coaches etc. To be a committed baseball kid now a days is a billion times tougher then back in the 80's.

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2019-08-16, 22:36

Playing on playgrounds is for peasants anyways
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-11-02, 11:07

Bump
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-11-02, 13:54

Cameron wrote:Bump

JFC lol. I can't believe a county has such a policy. I'm surprised they even allow winners and losers.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-11-02, 14:17

HT wrote:
DWags wrote:No words.  We're pussies.  The terrorists have won.

One playground teeter-totter / see-saw has done more for mankind than 1/2 of the lawyers.

Somewhat lame with the constant potential to damage somebody. It's a teaching tool.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-02, 15:20

Cameron wrote:Bump

That’s absurd.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-11-02, 15:25

Why do we associate weakness with a slang word for female anatomy? 

Maybe it should be the MSU football offensification of America.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-02, 15:31

Turtleneck wrote:Why do we associate weakness with a slang word for female anatomy? 

Done.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-11-02, 15:59

Turtleneck wrote:Why do we associate weakness with a slang word for female anatomy? 

Your vag is dripping.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-11-02, 16:08

A lot of men are insecure.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-11-02, 16:17

SawGreen wrote:

Your vag is dripping.

It sounds small, bro.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2019-11-02, 16:23; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-11-02, 16:23

Title change FOR FUCKS SAKE.  THE Dave Warnerfication OF AMERICA CONTINUES 502811600
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-02, 16:44

LEAVE DAVE WARNER ALONE! FOR FUCKS SAKE.  THE Dave Warnerfication OF AMERICA CONTINUES 4177874726 FOR FUCKS SAKE.  THE Dave Warnerfication OF AMERICA CONTINUES 4177874726 FOR FUCKS SAKE.  THE Dave Warnerfication OF AMERICA CONTINUES 4177874726
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-11-02, 18:16

And why do we associate boorish behavior with a slang word for the male anatomy?

Because some people are dicks, and some people are pussies, and some people are both, that's why.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-02, 18:20

Cameron wrote:

And why do we associate boorish behavior with a slang word for the male anatomy?

Because some people are dicks, and some people are pussies, and some people are both, that's why.

FOR FUCKS SAKE.  THE Dave Warnerfication OF AMERICA CONTINUES 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-11-02, 18:27

Isn't "lady" a perfectly acceptable insult in the old country?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-02, 19:04

Will you ladies please STFU. So annoying.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-11-02, 19:52

Cameron wrote:

I don't really see men being historically situated in the same way as women. And although Dick is used as a pejorative term referencing male anatomy, it's also the diminutive of Richard. The same is not true for the other word. But I totally get it. For many men, their ego and self-worth depends on degrading and minimizing women.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-11-02, 19:56

Cameron wrote:

Cam for prez
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next